Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? (45180 Views)

Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React / Do You Know That 'dab' Dance Move Is Anti-christ Demonic? Here's Why! / Absolutely Shocking News About the NIV Bible! All Must Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ozoneamani02(m): 11:00am On Jul 12, 2015
Rilwayne001:
THE BIBLE HAS PROBLEM AS A WHOLE AND NOT JUST THE NIV.

RIGHT FROM THE BOOK OF GENESIS TO REVELATIONS, THE PROBLEMS ARE OBVIOUS.

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE

1 John 5:7

New International Version
For there are three that testify:

King James Bible
For there are three that bear record in
heaven, the Father, the Word, and the
Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And The Spirit testifies because The Spirit is the truth.

Which is correct from the above?

http://biblehub.com/1_john/5-7.htm

Christians won't see this untill they read the bible on their own
.Non of them is correct because that verse never exist in the original version of the bible. Pls, Google this write up by one hamed deedat "Is the bible God's word?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by mubarakopeyemi(m): 11:03am On Jul 12, 2015
shomutuski:

Did you see what dat fvcker did He changed everything, from lahab wife to prop(pbuh). There's no way for all this unbelievers except by Allah's mercy.
Suratul baqarah- Allah has sealed their hearts and their ears, and on their eyes is a covering. and for them is a terrible punishment.

They live in falsehood
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by MEILYN(m): 11:06am On Jul 12, 2015
Rilwayne001:

"And Isma'il and Elisha, and Jonas, and Lot: and to all We gave favour above the nations : (The Noble Quran, 6:86) "

"And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation. (From the KJV Bible, Genesis 17:20-21)
where did the verse mention that Ismael would be given the gift of prophecy? I will make him fruitful, multiply him, shall beget princess, shall be a great nation. Those were the blessings that Ismael was given. So how did mohammed become a prophet?

Those names you mentioned were clearly written in the Bible except for your mohammed. Those guys you mentioned were descendants of Israel in one way or the other except from your mohammed. Can't you see mohammed is the odd one among those men? Great nation doesn't make you a prophet, okay?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by folafola(m): 11:07am On Jul 12, 2015
Kosemanism:
Hmm, mention any version, no bible is a "complete" word of God. The only complete word of God is Qur'an. No version, no alteration. Take it/leave it.
The devil is at it again and the battle cannot be won by the devil. Aleluya. I stand to be corrected quran is NEVER word directly from Allah read sura 1 verse 5 ''you alone we worship you alone we adore" is that from allah or mohammed and many more errors in the quoran i can show you many if you desire.
bible meant book and no one ever said it is a direct word from God!! unlike QURAN it is the compilations of written words inspired by men of old they wrote as they were moved, NIV, KJV,RSV were compiled as they found the manuscripts (WE CAN COMPARE THE MANUSCRIPTS BECASUE THE PEOPLE DO NOT BURN THEM OFF UNLIKE QURAN WHOSE OTHER MANUSCRIPTS WERE BURNT OFF BY UTHMAN THE THIRD CALIPH FROM MOHAMMED)and the people were so sincere gathering to manuscripts as they found them. Why do we have the bible? 2thimoty 3:16 for doctrine, reproof, edification, advice, and if this has been done while you read the scripture be happy, becasue the lord has helped the people of old to write them down as lesson for we that are in the END TIME.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by mubarakopeyemi(m): 11:16am On Jul 12, 2015
folafola:

The devil is at it again and the battle cannot be won by the devil. Aleluya. I stand to be corrected quran is NEVER word directly from Allah read sura 1 verse 5 ''you alone we worship you alone we adore" is that from allah or mohammed and many more errors in the quoran i can show you many if you desire.
bible meant book and no one ever said it is a direct word from God!! unlike QURAN it is the compilations of written words inspired by men of old they wrote as they were moved, NIV, KJV,RSV were compiled as they found the manuscripts (WE CAN COMPARE THE MANUSCRIPTS BECASUE THE PEOPLE DO NOT BURN THEM OFF UNLIKE QURAN WHOSE OTHER MANUSCRIPTS WERE BURNT OFF BY UTHMAN THE THIRD CALIPH FROM MOHAMMED)and the people were so sincere gathering to manuscripts as they found them. Why do we have the bible? 2thimoty 3:16 for doctrine, reproof, edification, advice, and if this has been done while you read the scripture be happy, becasue the lord has helped the people of old to write them down as lesson for we that are in the END TIME.

This dullard too wants to try to make sense grin
But he doesn't even know how to comprehend
Lol.
Go back to school
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Rilwayne001: 11:18am On Jul 12, 2015
MEILYN:
where did the verse mention that Ismael would be given the gift of prophecy? I will make him fruitful, multiply him, shall beget princess, shall be a great nation. Those were the blessings that Ismael was given. So how did mohammed become a prophet?

Those names you mentioned were clearly written in the Bible except for your mohammed. Those guys you mentioned were descendants of Israel in one way or the other except from your mohammed. Can't you see mohammed is the odd one among those men? Great nation doesn't make you a prophet, okay?

Here, see what jesus told the Jews: "Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (Matthew 21:43)

P.S: I don't believe the bible. But what have you got to say on the above verse?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 12, 2015
frosbel:

And so that makes the KJV bible the only authentic version ?? Because Lord, King Adeboye uses it ?

grin

Please point out where I said that... undecided undecided
The write up said Adeboye uses NIV and I'm trying to clear that point. Please go and look for your religious group war mates.... as you can see, I never go any of una battle. thanks and have a nice day. undecided

Isn't it strange that Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Pastor Kumuiyi, Pastor E. A. Adeboye etc still uses the NIV in their devotionals? We can't claim they were ignorant of the fact some texts were missing (used in footnotes)
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ideatoprince18(m): 11:25am On Jul 12, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

You saying that Muhammad performed no miracle shows how low you level of research is
grin

Christians often ask what miracles the prophet
Muhammad performed; many of u even make the
claim that the Quran and the hadiths record no
miracles done by the prophet. However so, it seems
that I am reading a different Quran and hadith then,
because you would have to be blind, or a big liar to
claim that there are no recorded miracles of the
prophet found in Islamic sources.

The Traditions mentioned below are all from Sahih
al-Bukhari, the most authentic collection of ahadith

1- Splitting of the Moon
"The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been
cleft asunder" [Qur'an 54:1]

Volume 6, Book 60, Number 388:
Narrated Abdullah:
The moon was cleft asunder while we were in the
company of the Prophet, and it became two parts.
The Prophet said, Witness, witness (this miracle)."

2- Food Multiplication

Sahih Bukahri: Volume 4, Book 56, Number 780:
Narrated Jabir:
My father had died in debt. So I came to the Prophet and said, "My father (died) leaving unpaid debts, and I have nothing except the yield of his date palms; and their yield for many years will not cover his debts. So please come with me, so that the creditors may not misbehave with me." The Prophet went round one of the heaps of dates and invoked (Allah), and then did the same with another heap and sat on it and said, "Measure (for them)." He paid them their rights and what remained was as much as had been paid to them.

3- Water Multiplication
Volume 4, Book 56, Number 779:
Narrated 'Abdullah:
We used to consider miracles as Allah's Blessings,
but you people consider them to be a warning. Once we were with Allah's Apostle on a journey, and we ran short of water. He said, "Bring the water
remaining with you." The people brought a utensil
containing a little water. He placed his hand in it and said, "Come to the blessed water, and the Blessing is from Allah." I saw the water flowing from among the fingers of Allah's Apostle , and no doubt, we heard the meal glorifying Allah, when it was being eaten (by him).

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 777:
Narrated Al-Bara:
We were one-thousand-and-four-hundred persons
on the day of Al-Hudaibiya (Treaty), and (at) Al-
Hudaibiya (there) was a well. We drew out its water
not leaving even a single drop. The Prophet sat at
the edge of the well and asked for some water with
which he rinsed his mouth and then he threw it out
into the well. We stayed for a short while and then
drew water from the well and quenched our thirst,
and even our riding animals drank water to their
satisfaction.

4- Supplication for Rain
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 115:
Narrated Anas:
A man came to the Prophet on a Friday while he (the Prophet) was delivering a sermon at Medina, and said, "There is lack of rain, so please invoke your Lord to bless us with the rain." The Prophet looked at the sky when no cloud could be detected. Then he invoked Allah for rain. Clouds started gathering together and it rained till the Medina valleys started flowing with water. It continued raining till the next Friday. Then that man (or some other man) stood up while the Prophet was delivering the Friday sermon, and said, "We are drowned; Please invoke your Lord to withhold it (rain) from us" The Prophet smiled and said twice or thrice, "O Allah! Please let it rain round about us and not upon us." The clouds started dispersing over Medina to the right and to the left, and it rained round about Medina and not upon Medina. Allah showed them (the people) the miracle of His Prophet and His response to his invocation.

5- Lights to guide Companions
Volume 1, Book 8, Number 454:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
Two of the companions of the Prophet departed
from him on a dark night and were led by two lights
like lamps (going in front of them from Allah as a
miracle) lighting the way in front of them, and when
they parted, each of them was accompanied by one
of these lights till he reached their (respective)
houses.

6- Crying of the stem of the Date-palm Tree
Volume 4, Book 56, Number 783:
Narrated Ibn Umar:
The Prophet used to deliver his sermons while
standing beside a trunk of a datepalm. When he had
the pulpit made, he used it instead. The trunk
started crying and the Prophet went to it, rubbing
his hand over it (to stop its crying).

8- The Prophet's Night Journey to Jerusalem (Arabic:
Israa) and Ascent to the Heavens (Arabic: Miraj)
Volume 5, Book 58, Number 228:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
Regarding the Statement of Allah"
"And We granted the vision (Ascension to the
heavens) which We made you see (as an actual eye
witness) was only made as a trial for the people." (17.60)

Ibn Abbas added: The sights which Allah's Apostle
was shown on the Night Journey when he was taken
to Bait-ul Maqdis (i.e. Jerusalem) were actual sights,
(not dreams). And the Cursed Tree (mentioned) in
the Quran is the tree of Zaqqum (itself) .
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 462:

Narrated Ibn Abbas:
The Prophet said, "On the night of my Ascent to the
Heaven, I saw Moses who was a tall brown curly-
haired man as if he was one of the men of Shan'awa
tribe, and I saw Jesus, a man of medium height and
moderate complexion inclined to the red and white
colors and of lank hair. I also saw Malik, the gate-
keeper of the (Hell) Fire and Ad-Dajjal amongst the
signs which Allah showed me." (The Prophet then
recited the Holy Verse): "So be not you in doubt of
meeting him' when you met Moses during the night
of Mi'raj over the heavens" (32.23)
Narrated Anas and Abu Bakra: "The Prophet said,
"The angels will guard Medina from Ad-Dajjal (who
will not be able to enter the city of Medina)."

A fellow human needs enlightenment.
Try again.
.....clearly its either u are lying or Mohammad is lying......

...... Well, when the people of Arabia were
confronted by Mohammed and this new religion,
Islam, they asked him to do a miracle, so they
could believe in him. And in the Koran, again and
again it says, "I cannot perform any miracle." So
if anyone would say that Mohammed performed
any miracle, this is against the Koran.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by tete7000(m): 11:26am On Jul 12, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Simple, just 3steps...

This is a reply directly from zondervan regarding the topic in debate. At some point I have had to directly mailed them based on some useless messages being peddled around regarding the authenticity of NIV bible:

[b] Thank you so much for reaching out to us! Often times, readers will come across what they feel are "missing verses” in their NIV Bible. These verses, however, are not really missing. They are included in the footnotes on the same page of the Bible where the “missing” passage is located. During the exacting translation process for the NIV Bible, some verses were found not to be included in the oldest or most reliable manuscripts that the NIV translators had available to use. Most of these manuscripts were discovered after the King James Version was first translated, some 400 years ago. When those verses could not be verified by the more reliable or older manuscripts, the NIV translators moved them to a footnote to reflect greater accuracy.

Please be assured that your NIV Bible is extremely accurate, trustworthy and reliable. Additional information on the translation process and use of footnotes is located in the Preface of your NIV Bible. Again, thank you for your question, and please let us know if we can answer any further questions.
8 July at 14:51 · Sent from W [/b]

Besides I have the laptop version of the NIV bible and the texts that are considered missing are included in the footnote with explanation of why they are not included and with notes that other versions included such.
Furthermore KJV was translated around 400yrears ago, before then scripture has been in circulation so KJV cannot be the original bible.
Regarding their links to satanic organisation, a journey to their website will convince any rational person that the accusation is baseless. Believing too much in messages (without authentic known sources) usually circulated on social media is dangerous and should always be avoided.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by MEILYN(m): 11:33am On Jul 12, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Here, see what jesus told the Jews: "Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (Matthew 21:43)

P.S: I don't believe the bible. But what have you got to say on the above verse?
No matter what I tell you about this verse, I am not sure you will change your mindset towards it. You cannot understand the Bible since you don't believe in it. Do well to read the whole chapter, it will enlighten you on what led to that statement.

I am laughing right now. According to your interpretation, that verse simple means the kingdom of God would be taken from the Israelites and handed over to the Ismaelites? Think again sir....
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by mubarakopeyemi(m): 11:33am On Jul 12, 2015
ideatoprince18:
.....clearly its either u are lying or Mohammad is lying......

...... Well, when the people of Arabia were
confronted by Mohammed and this new religion,
Islam, they asked him to do a miracle, so they
could believe in him. And in the Koran, again and
again it says, "I cannot perform any miracle." So
if anyone would say that Mohammed performed
any miracle, this is against the Koran.

I can now conclude
That you are deluded.
Come with the verse where he said that in the Quran and let me teach you how things work cool
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by folafola(m): 11:40am On Jul 12, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

You saying that Muhammad performed no miracle shows how low you level of research is
grin

Christians often ask what miracles the prophet
Muhammad performed; many of u even make the
claim that the Quran and the hadiths record no
miracles done by the prophet. However so, it seems
that I am reading a different Quran and hadith then,
because you would have to be blind, or a big liar to
claim that there are no recorded miracles of the
prophet found in Islamic sources.

The Traditions mentioned below are all from Sahih
al-Bukhari, the most authentic collection of ahadith

1- Splitting of the Moon
"The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been
cleft asunder" [Qur'an 54:1]

Volume 6, Book 60, Number 388:
Narrated Abdullah:
The moon was cleft asunder while we were in the
company of the Prophet, and it became two parts.
The Prophet said, Witness, witness (this miracle)."

2- Food Multiplication

Sahih Bukahri: Volume 4, Book 56, Number 780:
Narrated Jabir:
My father had died in debt. So I came to the Prophet and said, "My father (died) leaving unpaid debts, and I have nothing except the yield of his date palms; and their yield for many years will not cover his debts. So please come with me, so that the creditors may not misbehave with me." The Prophet went round one of the heaps of dates and invoked (Allah), and then did the same with another heap and sat on it and said, "Measure (for them)." He paid them their rights and what remained was as much as had been paid to them.

3- Water Multiplication
Volume 4, Book 56, Number 779:
Narrated 'Abdullah:
We used to consider miracles as Allah's Blessings,
but you people consider them to be a warning. Once we were with Allah's Apostle on a journey, and we ran short of water. He said, "Bring the water
remaining with you." The people brought a utensil
containing a little water. He placed his hand in it and said, "Come to the blessed water, and the Blessing is from Allah." I saw the water flowing from among the fingers of Allah's Apostle , and no doubt, we heard the meal glorifying Allah, when it was being eaten (by him).

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 777:
Narrated Al-Bara:
We were one-thousand-and-four-hundred persons
on the day of Al-Hudaibiya (Treaty), and (at) Al-
Hudaibiya (there) was a well. We drew out its water
not leaving even a single drop. The Prophet sat at
the edge of the well and asked for some water with
which he rinsed his mouth and then he threw it out
into the well. We stayed for a short while and then
drew water from the well and quenched our thirst,
and even our riding animals drank water to their
satisfaction.

4- Supplication for Rain
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 115:
Narrated Anas:
A man came to the Prophet on a Friday while he (the Prophet) was delivering a sermon at Medina, and said, "There is lack of rain, so please invoke your Lord to bless us with the rain." The Prophet looked at the sky when no cloud could be detected. Then he invoked Allah for rain. Clouds started gathering together and it rained till the Medina valleys started flowing with water. It continued raining till the next Friday. Then that man (or some other man) stood up while the Prophet was delivering the Friday sermon, and said, "We are drowned; Please invoke your Lord to withhold it (rain) from us" The Prophet smiled and said twice or thrice, "O Allah! Please let it rain round about us and not upon us." The clouds started dispersing over Medina to the right and to the left, and it rained round about Medina and not upon Medina. Allah showed them (the people) the miracle of His Prophet and His response to his invocation.

5- Lights to guide Companions
Volume 1, Book 8, Number 454:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
Two of the companions of the Prophet departed
from him on a dark night and were led by two lights
like lamps (going in front of them from Allah as a
miracle) lighting the way in front of them, and when
they parted, each of them was accompanied by one
of these lights till he reached their (respective)
houses.

6- Crying of the stem of the Date-palm Tree
Volume 4, Book 56, Number 783:
Narrated Ibn Umar:
The Prophet used to deliver his sermons while
standing beside a trunk of a datepalm. When he had
the pulpit made, he used it instead. The trunk
started crying and the Prophet went to it, rubbing
his hand over it (to stop its crying).

8- The Prophet's Night Journey to Jerusalem (Arabic:
Israa) and Ascent to the Heavens (Arabic: Miraj)
Volume 5, Book 58, Number 228:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
Regarding the Statement of Allah"
"And We granted the vision (Ascension to the
heavens) which We made you see (as an actual eye
witness) was only made as a trial for the people." (17.60)

Ibn Abbas added: The sights which Allah's Apostle
was shown on the Night Journey when he was taken
to Bait-ul Maqdis (i.e. Jerusalem) were actual sights,
(not dreams). And the Cursed Tree (mentioned) in
the Quran is the tree of Zaqqum (itself) .
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 462:

Narrated Ibn Abbas:
The Prophet said, "On the night of my Ascent to the
Heaven, I saw Moses who was a tall brown curly-
haired man as if he was one of the men of Shan'awa
tribe, and I saw Jesus, a man of medium height and
moderate complexion inclined to the red and white
colors and of lank hair. I also saw Malik, the gate-
keeper of the (Hell) Fire and Ad-Dajjal amongst the
signs which Allah showed me." (The Prophet then
recited the Holy Verse): "So be not you in doubt of
meeting him' when you met Moses during the night
of Mi'raj over the heavens" (32.23)
Narrated Anas and Abu Bakra: "The Prophet said,
"The angels will guard Medina from Ad-Dajjal (who
will not be able to enter the city of Medina)."

A fellow human needs enlightenment.
Try again.

In the Quran (S. 6:109, S. 2:145, S. 2:118, S. 13:7 )Mohammed was challenged many a time to show atleast one miracle but he could not show one ( S. 17:90-93) why are you decieving yourself that he performed miracles?? if i quoted many terrible things mohammed did from these same haddith you were quoting you will say it a weak haddith?? oh mine!!
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Rilwayne001: 11:41am On Jul 12, 2015
MEILYN:
No matter what I tell you about this verse, I am not sure you will change your mindset towards it. You cannot understand the Bible since you don't believe in it. Do well to read the whole chapter, it will enlighten you on what led to that statement.

I am laughing right now. According to your interpretation, that verse simple means the kingdom of God would be taken from the Israelites and handed over to the Ismaelites? Think again sir....

Bottom line "the bible has errors". EOD.

Have a nice day monseur Meilyn.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Stevosty: 11:45am On Jul 12, 2015
Well, according to the Quran Mohammed did not perform any miracles. You know, you go to the Quran, in surat Al Ankabout, that is surat number 29, and read verse 50. What do we read there? "And they say, why are not signs, miracles, send down to him, to Mohammed, from his lord?" Says, "Oh, Mohammed, the signs are only with Allah, and I am only a plain warner." So in very plain words, Mohammed said, "I am not a miracle worker." But miracles is to authenticate the prophethood of any true prophet.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by charlsecy(m): 11:46am On Jul 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
I stopped reading it the moment I noticed the changes.
Did you comapre it with the original manuscripts written in Hebrew or Greek?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by folafola(m): 11:48am On Jul 12, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

This dullard too wants to try to make sense grin
But he doesn't even know how to comprehend
Lol.
Go back to school
instead of abusive and vulgar language why not disproof my claim
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by charlsecy(m): 11:50am On Jul 12, 2015
First, let me say I got these verses from NIV you presented as "inadequate," so to say:

John 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 4:15 New International Version (NIV)

If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God.

Done!

Now, the only concrete position that could empower you to make veritable comments about the status of the translation is for you to learn Hebrew, Greek and other applicable ancient languages. Then gather all Greek and Hebrew manuscripts of the Bible, study them and make prayerfully make an analysis in the light of textual criticism.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ABOVE MENTIONED TOOLS, THEN YOU CANNOT MAKE AN OBJECTIVE COMMENT ON NIV TRANSLATION OF THE BIBLE. You cannot appraise NIV based on other modern-day translations. And it seems THOSE "MISSING" TEXTS TOU HIGHLIGHTED ARE ARE DISCUSSED IN THE FOOTNOTES (verify this) by the translators. So, what is the problem? The translators might have omitted those verses because they believed there WERE NOT PART OF THE ORIGINAL TEXT.

On the publishers; I want to say they are business men and women. They are publishers, not translators. They publish books submitted for publication. Did they do the translation themselves? Macmillian, for example, could publish the Bible... and still publish the Koran.... or an "occultic" book. They could also publish porn-based magazines. They are there primarily for profit, not necessarily about the content of their publications.

There are some passages of the Bible that are subject of argument. Read 1 John 5:7 from as many different translations as possible and tell me what you see. Some believe that King James Version contained verses which were not in the original manuscripts, but these verses were later dropped in subsequent editions of KJV.

There are problems of translation, language inadequacy, loss or effacement of manuscripts, and so forth. All these factors could affect the perfection of Biblical translations.

However, I believe this does not in any way negate the validity and inerrancy of the Bible as a whole. The central Biblical message for Christians remains unchanged across ALL Bible translations including NIV, which is: JESUS DIED FOR OUR SALVATION, AND WE SHOULD BELIEVE IN HIM FOR ETERNAL LIFE.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ideatoprince18(m): 11:50am On Jul 12, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

I can now conclude
That you are deluded.
Come with the verse where he said that in the Quran and let me teach you how things work cool
.........hop am not arguing wit a re.traded slowpoke here

.......... You know, you go to the
Quran, in surat Al Ankabout, that is surat number
29, and read verse 50. What do we read there?
"And they say, why are not signs, miracles, send
down to him, to Mohammed, from his lord?" Says,
"Oh, Mohammed, the signs are only with Allah,
and I am only a plain warner." So in very plain
words, Mohammed said, "I am not a miracle
worker."
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by folafola(m): 11:52am On Jul 12, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

I can now conclude
That you are deluded.

HERE ARE THEY

In the Quran (S. 6:109, S. 2:145, S. 2:118, S. 13:7 )Mohammed was challenged many a time to show atleast one miracle but he could not show one ( S. 17:90-93) why are you decieving yourself that he performed miracles?? if i quoted many terrible things mohammed did from these same haddith you were quoting you will say it a weak haddith?? oh mine!!

“The unbelievers say, “Why hath not a sign been given by his Lord? Nay, but thou art only a Warner; and unto every people there hath been given a guide.” (Al Ra’d 13:cool

“They say, “Why hath not a sign been sent down unto him from his Lord?” SAY, “Signs belong unto the Lord: and as for me, I am but a plain preacher.” (Al Ankabut 29:48)

What? Doth it not suffice them that I have sent down unto thee the Book which is recited unto them?” (Al Ankabut 29:49)
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by menxer: 11:53am On Jul 12, 2015
MEILYN:
I have answers to all your questions. The father is the seed. Although intermarriage was a crime in the old testament. The Bible says the father makes the lineage, a woman cannot determine the lineage of a child.

Numbers 1vs 11

And they assembled all the congregation together on the first day of the second month, and they declared their pedigrees after their families, by the house of their fathers, according to the number of the names, from twenty years old and upward, by their polls.

You can read that verse to verse 19 to understand better.

Oga if an Israelite woman marries an Ismaelite man, then the child cannot be a prophet because the child is an Ismaelite. Is that too hard to understand?

I never said the child would be a prophet in Israel, but that such child could carry the "prophetic trait" and if so, definitely exhibit the prophetic gifts where ever s/he is.

Oga, it does not always follow, whose pedigree is Melchizedek?
My point is, God and his working is beyond any man.
lets not confuse the manipulation that happened in the house of Abraham to mean all there is to God.
"WE" all may not be of the lineage of Abraham, but "WE" all are GOD's children.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by folafola(m): 11:56am On Jul 12, 2015
MUSLIMS KEEP SPREADING NEWS ABOUT ERRORS IN THE BIBLE THEY THOUGHT THAT WILL STOP THE KINGDOM OF GOD FROM INCREASING, SHAME ON SATAN, THE MOON GOD, AND THE FAKE FRAUDSTER CALLED MOHAMMED, THE CHURCH IS MARCHING ON AND THE GATE OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by TWINKIE(f): 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
NIV,GNB,ESV found them only in KJV AND AMPLIFIED....WOW
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ustavo(m): 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
ideatoprince18:
.........hop am not arguing wit a re.traded slowpoke here

.......... You know, you go to the
Quran, in surat Al Ankabout, that is surat number
29, and read verse 50. What do we read there?
"And they say, why are not signs, miracles, send
down to him, to Mohammed, from his lord?" Says,
"Oh, Mohammed, the signs are only with Allah,
and I am only a plain warner." So in very plain
words, Mohammed said, "I am not a miracle
worker."
Muhammad is not a miracle worker just like no other prophet is(jesus) But d supreme being is d ultimate miracle worker.
The miracle would not have increased dem in faith at dat time but only mislead dem because even d idolators perform "miracles".
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ideatoprince18(m): 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
ustavo:

Muhammad is not a miracle worker just like no other prophet is(jesus) But d supreme being is d ultimate miracle worker.
The miracle would not have increased dem in faith at dat time but only mislead dem because even d isolators perform "miracles".
........sorry are u quoting base on d context... now let me put it logically.......The prophets of old perform as miracles in d name of who sent them to lay claims dy were sent by God do e.g

Biblical prophets
performed miracles
to establish their
credentials. For
example, Moses said
to God in Exodus 4:1,
“What if [the Israelites] do not believe me or
listen to me and say, ‘The LORD did not
appear to you’?” How did God respond? He
told Moses to throw his staff to the ground;
instantly, it turned into a snake. He told
Moses to pick it up by its tail; it turned back
into a staff. Then God said in Exodus 4:5,
“This . . . is so that they may believe that the
LORD, the God of their fathers—the God of
Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of
Jacob—has appeared to you.”
A similar thing happened to Elijah on Mount
Carmel: He was challenged, and God sent
down fire from heaven to confirm he was a
true prophet (see 1 Kings 18:16–39). As for
Jesus, he actually came out and said, “Do
not believe me unless I do [miracles] of my
Father” (John 10:37). And then he did them.
Even Nicodemus conceded this when he said
to Jesus, “Rabbi, we know you are a teacher
who has come from God. For no one could
perform the signs you are doing if God were
not with him” (John 3:2).......

So what are u saying........God is a miracle worker and the prophets of old confirmed it by d miracles they did.....thereby making Mohammad less a prophet
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by donbenedict(m): 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
[size=20pt]The Catholic bible is the one true bible... The Goodnews bible is the best..[/size]

Now I want to ask, do the muslims hav translations of the koran?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by MEILYN(m): 12:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
menxer:

I never said the child would be a prophet in Israel, but that such child could carry the "prophetic trait" and if so, definitely exhibit the prophetic gifts where ever s/he is.

Oga, it does not always follow, whose pedigree is Melchizedek?
My point is, God and his working is beyond any man.
lets not confuse the manipulation that happened in the house of Abraham to mean all there is to God.
"WE" all may not be of the lineage of Abraham, but "WE" all are GOD's children.

I have been debating with an unreasonable person all this while. You never quoted a verse but you believe you are right and the Bible is wrong. I never argue with your likes. We are talking about Bible happenings and you are here saying nonsense. Mohammed couldn't have been a prophet because he is not from Israel. As far as the Bible is concerned, the Israelites were the only ones blessed with the gift of prophecy. I am talking about the Bible here and not what you think. Was it not the Israelites that taught you this Bible you have today? Think again son. The only prophet who wasn't an Israelite was mohammed. I wonder how your brain can cope with that....
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Stevosty: 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
ustavo:

The miracle would not have increased dem in faith at dat time but only mislead dem because even d idolators perform "miracles".
"And We gave unto Jesus, son of
Mary, clear miracles" (Quran 2:87)

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
Ishilove:
I came across this thread that left me alarmed and sweating because the NIV is my favourite translation and it is what i read 95% of the time:

https://www.nairaland.com/2442956/absolutely-shocking-all-christians-must

I was alarmed, especially when I cross-checked my own copy of the NIV bible and discovered it was true. But then, another Nairalander countered the above with this:

https://www.nairaland.com/2430755/disregard-all-messages-social-media#35732940

I was relieved, and a bit confused. This comment by another Nairalander on the same thread added to the befuddlement:

https://www.nairaland.com/2430755/disregard-all-messages-social-media#35740192

Now, with all these arguments and counter-arguments, I am wondering what to believe. I however wonder why anything should be omitted from the bible.

Let's discuss.

MrPresident1:

Ishi, there is no relief yet, we have been shouting about the authenticity of latter day Bible translations and the motives for their production and circulation for a while now, hopefully a few more people will do their own research and get to their own conclusions, everyone will not see it yet, but blessed is the one who is able to make the connection, because it is the first step out of slavery.

The NIV Bible is heavily doctored and compromised, is it when they publish the gay Bible that my people will wake up from their slumber? It may just be too late by then.

The Bible is written in figurative language; deep allegories, metaphors, etc. It was never meant to be literal, or literal interpretations are the very first steps, remember Paul warned about the dichotomy of milk and milk and the Proverbs tell us about understanding the dark sayings of old.

The NIV compromised Bible in its fake and dubious attempt to make the Bible literal (purportedltyto make it easier to understand) has heavily doctored and watered the Holy Scriptures to suit an evil agenda, this is a very serious attempt to hide the truth of God's nature, and it is a direct attack against God.

See how the KJV and NIV renders this verse:

Isaiah 45:1 KJV
Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

Isaiah 45:1-7New International Version (NIV)
[b]45 “This is what the Lord says to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations before him and to strip kings of their armor, to open doors before him so that gates will not be shut:

[/b]
Look at how KJV renders the verse, pay close attention I know you are very good with English, you will realise that 'loosening the loins of kings, and opening the two leaved gates' is figurative language for the effect of fear that now causes one to lose control over ones bowels. God is telling Cyrus that He will put Cyrus' fear in the nations he would subdue.

Now compare with the rubbish NIV has interpreted. This is one of many.

Daniel told us that the wise will understand.

Isaiah 45:1 was fulfilled in the time of Daniel in Daniel 5:1-31 (read the whole chapter) “Belshazzar the king made a great feast for a thousand of his lords, and drank wine…”

A little bit of history here to aid our understanding:
That king was such a stupid King. History has it that he ruled with his father, King Nabonidus. It was recorded that he was such a recklessly young and arrogant son of King Nabonidus. His arrogance got into his head such that while his grand-father Nebuchadnezzar, who was greater than his father was humbled by God and he subsequently surrendered and praised the MOST HIGH GOD, this stupid king went as far as to request for and defiled the golden vessels from the temple of GOD. History has it that, "that very night, October 12, 539 BC, while Belshazzar was partying inside the city, the Persian General, Ugabaru, was launching his attack. Ugabaru knew he couldn’t go over the walls, but why not go under them? Since the Euphrates River flowed below the city walls, his engineers went upstream and diverted the river into a basin. This enabled his troops to march into the city through the dried-up riverbed. In fact, when the invaders reached the inner gates of the city they found them unlocked. It was a fulfillment of Isaiah 45:1, where God calls the Persian King Cyrus by name, and says for him “the gates will not be shut.” The Medes and Persians conquered the city of Babylon without a battle. Daniel 5:30 tells us, “That very night Belshazzar, king of the Chaldeans, was slain. And Darius the Mede received the kingdom…”

Now to the issue at stake, the portion of the verse described by King James as "... and I will loose the loins of kings,...", may not actually mean the same thing as " ... to strip kings of their armor ...", as rendered by NIV. Why do I say this?

Ugabaru, the Persian general took Babylon without a fight. This was so because King Belshazzar was not war-ready. He was relying on his god Marduk and city's fortified wall, but GOD gave the Persians the idea of passing under the wall instead of trying to scale or break it. History has it that "The city was surrounded by double walls 90’ high and 22’ thick. You could turn a 4-horse chariot on top of the wall".

Now to the part of scripture in contention was fulfilled in Dan. 5:6. According to King James, the scripture reads, "Then the king's countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his loins were loosed, and his knees smote one against another. Now, notice KJV expression, ... his loins were loosed ..., same as Isaiah 45:1 (KJV). However, see how NIV rendered it, "His face turned pale and he was so frightened that his knees knocked together and his legs gave way." -NIV.

In essence, if NIV was to be superimposed on KJV rendition, it would read thus:
Dan. 5:6 "Then the king's countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, [s]so that the joints of his loins were loosed[/s], and his knees smote one against another."

So NIV, may have deleted what I consider the MOST important part of that scripture which confirms the fulfillment of prophesy.

Let the reader be wise. I rest my case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Lateralmaths(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
HERE IS AN OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM NIV BIBLE PUBLISHERS!
Dear,
Thank you for checking on this before forwarding such false and misleading statements. It is good to see a Christian who uses their mind before simply believing such nonsense.
These statements are false and silly and promoted either by those who don't know any better or who are intentionally trying to mislead. They have been promoted by some people for the last 40 years or so, but were refuted by good conservative scholars from the very beginning.
First, the NIV does not remove ANY verses. Instead, like all good Bible translations, the NIV omits statements that were added later and WERE NOT PART OF THE ORIGINAL TEXT. When the KJV was translated, the translators had only a few manuscripts of the New Testament available to them and these were very late (mostly from the Middle Ages). We now have hundreds of earlier and more reliable manuscripts. Scholars today recognize that we have a Greek text today that is much closer to the original than the KJV translators had available to them. So all modern versions (except the NKJV) use these older manuscripts. Even the NKJV puts the better readings in the footnotes (look for the abbreviation NU, which refers to the earlier and better manuscripts).
Remember that the original books of the Bible had no chapter or verse divisions. These were added later. So to say that there are "verses" missing is wrong. What are "missing" are phrases or sentences that were added by later scribes and were not part of the original text. The NIV, like all modern versions, seeks to preserve what was originally there. Read the Preface to the NIV and some of this is explained.
As far as the homosexual statement is concerned, this is simply false. None of the translators of the NIV were homosexuals (or Satanists!). All were conservative evangelical Christians fully committed to the inspiration and inerrancy of the text. For the names of the present and past committee members, see
http://www.biblica.com/en-us/the-niv-bible/meet-the-translators/
http://www.bible-researcher.com/niv-translators.html
Just check passages on homosexuality in the NIV and you will see that the NIV is not "soft" on homosexuality. Here are the main passages:
Lev. 18:22 “ ‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
Lev. 20:13 “ ‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
Rom. 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
1Cor. 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
1Tim. 1:9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine
So you see, these accusations are false and slanderous. It is a shame that many Christians are out to attack others rather than to promote the good news.
Thanks again for your question.
Blessings,
Mark Strauss
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Confirmer(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
Stevosty:
Well, according to the Quran
Mohammed did not perform any
miracles. You know, you go to the
Quran, in surat Al Ankabout, that is
surat number 29, and read verse
50. What do we read there? "And
they say, why are not signs,
miracles, send down to him, to
Mohammed, from his lord?" Says,
"Oh, Mohammed, the signs are only
with Allah, and I am only a plain
warner." So in very plain words,
Mohammed said, "I am not a
miracle worker." But miracles is to
authenticate the prophethood of
any true prophet.
Have you not considered the Quran? The miracle of all miracles. You are here debating about the authenticity of versions of your bible. The Quran has been in existence for over 1400 without any alterations! You weren't there when Jesus did all the miracles but we have the miracle of Quran with us forever. There is no book in the world that is learn by heart and off hand like the Quran. The simplicity by which it's being "crammed" is nothing but divine.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by An2elect2(f): 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
GrammarNazi:
Most Christians ignorantly & erroneously believe that the bible is a perfect book. I hate to tell you this, but it's not true. The Bible, as we have it today, was compiled by MEN (not necessarily for the altruistic reasons you think, but that's another story altogether) from books and letters written by MEN (maybe or maybe not under divine inspiration). wink

The bible as we have it today, is host to many errors and inconsistencies. That doesn't mean it is not a holy book, inspired by God. We just need to know when to draw the line, when interpreting verses and stories from the bible. wink

There are translational errors in virtually all versions of the bible we have today, ESPECIALLY The King James Version, which most people erroneously believe to be Sacrosanct. Later versions of the bible have attempted to correct some of these errors. The New International Version (NIV) is not the only version that attempts this. Lemme use the example of 1 John 5:7-9 that someone quoted earlier. See how the KJV and other versions quoted the same verses.

Moral Lesson: God is NOT the author of confusion, but anything that passes through human hands, cannot be perfect!!!

The bible is not the problem, you are.

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by menxer: 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2015
MEILYN:
I have been debating with an unreasonable person all this while. You never quoted a verse but you believe you are right and the Bible is wrong. I never argue with your likes. We are talking about Bible happenings and you are here saying nonsense. Mohammed couldn't have been a prophet because he is not from Israel. As far as the Bible is concerned, the Israelites were the only ones blessed with the gift of prophecy. I am talking about the Bible here and not what you think. Was it not the Israelites that taught you this Bible you have today? Think again son. The only prophet who wasn't an Israelite was mohammed. I wonder how your brain can cope with that....

well, playing the ostrich won't help any one, as far as God is concerned "Israel" is not the only people blessed with the gift of prophecy.
have a lovely day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman In University Of Ibadan For 'Help From Above' (Photos) / Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church / You Have 14 Days To Apologize - Celestial Prophet To David Ibiyeomie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.