Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? (45217 Views)

Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React / Do You Know That 'dab' Dance Move Is Anti-christ Demonic? Here's Why! / Absolutely Shocking News About the NIV Bible! All Must Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by oluwamitomisin: 8:23am On Jul 12, 2015
Please, i need a link or a reference source to this response. I have some bothering issues with some parts (in red) of the response.

kemmary:
HERE IS AN OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM NIV BIBLE PUBLISHERS!

Dear,

As far as the homosexual statement is concerned, this is simply false. None of the translators of the NIV were homosexuals (or Satanists!). All were conservative evangelical Christians fully committed to the inspiration and inerrancy of the text. For the names of the present and past committee members, see

So you see, these accusations are false and slanderous. It is a shame that many Christians are out to attack others rather than to promote the good news.

Thanks again for your question.

Blessings,

Mark Strauss
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by doofanc: 8:23am On Jul 12, 2015
MEILYN:
You are correct. That particular verse was changed by the Catholic church. It doesn't mean all the words in the Bible are not correct.

Which one? KJV or NIV?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by alt3r3g0: 8:26am On Jul 12, 2015
After researching on this website, i made my choice on the NIV

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/niv_exposed.htm

lemme just paste some excerpts

The NIV perverts the virgin birth!

LUKE 2:33: The King James Bible reads, "And JOSEPH and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him." The NIV reads, "The CHILD'S FATHER and mother marveled at what was said about him." The "CHILD'S FATHER"? Was Joseph Jesus's father? Not if you believe the virgin birth! Not if you believe John 3:16, that Jesus Christ was the Son of God! A subtil, "perversion" of the virgin birth. See also Luke 2:43.

The NIV perverts John 3:16 into a LIE!

JOHN 3:16: The NIV reads, "For God so loved the world that he gave his ONE AND ONLY SON, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" Jesus was NOT "the one and only son" - Adam is called the "son of God" in Luke 3:38, there are "sons of God" in Job 1:6 and Christians are called "sons of God" in Phil 2:15, I John 3:2- but Jesus was the "ONLY BEGOTTEN SON"! By removing the critical word "BEGOTTEN" - The NIV perverts John 3:16 into a LIE! The NIV does the same in John 1:14, 1:18, and 3:18.

The NIV perverts The Lord's Prayer into The Devil's Prayer!

LUKE 11:2-4: The KJB reads, ". . .Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil." The NIV removes everything that refers to a Holy God in heaven -"WHICH ART IN HEAVEN. . . Thy will be done, AS IN HEAVEN, so in earth. . . but DELIVER US FROM EVIL." Everything that distinguishes God from the Devil is REMOVED! "OUR FATHER" of the NIV is "NOT IN HEAVEN" and "DOES NOT DELIVER FROM EVIL!" I wonder who it could be? (hint: see John 8:44)

Was shocked when i checked the Lords Prayer on the niv.
Luke 11:2-4New International Version (NIV)

2 He said to them, “When you pray, say:

“‘Father,[a]
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.[b]
Give us each day our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.[c]
And lead us not into temptation.[d]’”

I do not agree totally with all that they pointed out on the link but some facts are too hard to be ignored or explained away. If you want to read all of it, you can find more on the link below,

2 Likes

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 12, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Simple, just 3steps...
1) learn and understand the Hebrew language,for the Bible was originally written in Hebrew.
2) Get the original Bible,untranslated and read the whole from word to word.
3) Before venturing into 1 & 2,pray for the SPIRIT's guidance and divine understanding and interpretation of His word.
Its not necessary to learn Hebrew. its good to have a bible that paraphrases words in greek and hebrew which are the original texts. Niv,Nkjv,NWT and most of these new world translations are trully compromised. If u remove "The" and replace with "A" the meaning changes,it makes a text half truth,and half truth are lies. I came to find this out some years ago. I will recommend Kjv,Web,Esv and Amplified. And don't forget to pray in The Spirit,its His Word and only Him can lead you into Truth. Grace.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by mohisi: 8:29am On Jul 12, 2015
Ishilove:
I came across this thread that left me alarmed and sweating because the NIV is my favourite translation and it is what i read 95% of the time:

https://www.nairaland.com/2442956/absolutely-shocking-all-christians-must

I was alarmed, especially when I cross-checked my own copy of the NIV bible and discovered it was true. But then, another Nairalander countered the above with this:

https://www.nairaland.com/2430755/disregard-all-messages-social-media#35732940

I was relieved, and a bit confused. This comment by another Nairalander on the same thread added to the befuddlement:

https://www.nairaland.com/2430755/disregard-all-messages-social-media#35740192

Now, with all these arguments and counter-arguments, I am wondering what to believe. I however wonder why anything should be omitted from the bible.

Let's discuss.
d annoying thing d christian will still call it d words of God wht evil men invented,2day is this bible 2morrow is another confusion n nobody answer question they will tell u is a sin just ve fait.May God protect us
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 12, 2015
Most Christians ignorantly & erroneously believe that the bible is a perfect book. I hate to tell you this, but it's not true. The Bible, as we have it today, was compiled by MEN (not necessarily for the altruistic reasons you think, but that's another story altogether) from books and letters written by MEN (maybe or maybe not under divine inspiration). wink

The bible as we have it today, is host to many errors and inconsistencies. That doesn't mean it is not a holy book, inspired by God. We just need to know when to draw the line, when interpreting verses and stories from the bible. wink

There are translational errors in virtually all versions of the bible we have today, ESPECIALLY The King James Version, which most people erroneously believe to be Sacrosanct. Later versions of the bible have attempted to correct some of these errors. The New International Version (NIV) is not the only version that attempts this. Lemme use the example of 1 John 5:7-9 that someone quoted earlier. See how the KJV and other versions quoted the same verses.

Moral Lesson: God is NOT the author of confusion, but anything that passes through human hands, cannot be perfect!!!

3 Likes

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ghettodreamz(m): 8:31am On Jul 12, 2015
oluwamitomisin:
Please, i need a link or a reference source to this response. I have some bothering issues with some parts (in red) of the response.

It's a simple thing to do, from the text you copied from, there are two links detailing names of the early and recent NIV translators as mentioned by the writer of the letter. So, a little googling of their names (or in-depth research) should help allay your fears or eliminate those issues you are bothered with.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by honeric01(m): 8:36am On Jul 12, 2015
christaddicted:
THE NIV WAHALA!

I have had to address privately questions bordering on the NIV and the name of Jesus. Some of the inquiries are through my inbox while others are direct.

I didn't consider it worth troubling myself about but since the faith of many is being rattled I'm obligated to talk. FIRST, let me say that I've used NIV all my life and find it very good. I also find it worrisome that those calling it names demand that it be torn or burnt. NEXT, let me say that the Bible does not warn only against removals from but also additions to the Bible. Having said that, the critics have not proven to us that the KJV with which they judge the other versions is not an addition to the word of God.

THIRD, the criticisms assume the KJV is the original bible. That is not so. The KJV like the NIV and other versions, is a translation from the original manuscripts which are in Hebrew, Greek and aramaic. To verify the accuracy of any version therefore will require comparison with the original manuscripts and not other versions. To do this one has to not only be versatile with the original languages but also the science of translation known as TEXTUAL CRITICISM.

I happen to be introduced to elementary knowledge of textual criticism while doing a masters degree in theology at the evangel theological seminary Jos. I can tell you that I've not yet found any reason to rate the NIV anything less than the best scholarly work on translation of the bible.

I know that ZONDERVAN is nothing but a printing press. It is not responsible for the translation of the Bible. It also has published many other sound Christian literature as well as many ungodly ones. NIV was a work done in 1964/65. From the claims of the critics Zondervan was bought over in 1998, 34yrs later. How can that nullify the accuracy of the NIV. AGAIN, I observed that all the "missing" texts are footnoted by the translators.

FINALLY, I have been around for sometime in this race. This is not the first time it's coming. it wont be the last. I think that this is an attack on the Bible. The devil does not want the Bible in the people's language. He fought it at the beginning killing Tyndale and co for translating the bible from the vulgate (the Latin version by Jerome) to English. NIV employed the principle of dynamic equivalent in translation which simplifies the language without losing the force of the truth as in the paraphrases. The KJV is the product of literal translation and is limited to the Masoretic texts of the Bible.

My take is own as versions as you can afford and use the one that best guarantees the understanding of the truths therein.

This is not exhaustive but I hope it can give you peace in these perilous times. God bless you all and keep you blameless until his coming day.

Bishop cnc

So which one should we say is complete? the one without the addition in the KJV or the KJV?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ideatoprince18(m): 8:37am On Jul 12, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Present the problem and I will inshaAllah solve it. But can you solve any problem in the bible at all?
..........present d prob by d grace of God I will solve it!!!!!
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by mubarakopeyemi(m): 8:37am On Jul 12, 2015
The Bible of all books cheesy
See altercations here and there

People would have definitely inserted what they wanted the christians to believe lol

The Quran
Secured by God himself
Right from Day 1, no changes has occurred to it.
Think well christians.
How reliable is the Bible

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by haftob(m): 8:38am On Jul 12, 2015
plaetton:
Ishilove wink,
One thing that is very obvious from all this brauhaha is that bible is a book of forgery, one or each Version attempting to be a better forgery than the previous Versions.

Pray tell, howbeit that a holy book supposedly inspired and dictated by a perfect god have so many conflicting VERSIONS and EDITIONS?

Who is competent to Correct God?
That's the reason the muslims prefer to read the Quran directly In Arabic language that was originally revealed and any translation of it is referred to as "commentary". Translating from one language to another will bring issues lyk distortions and forgeries

3 Likes

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 12, 2015
Please every religion of piss member, do not put his or her smelly mouth without reciting the apostles creed

2 Likes

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by mubarakopeyemi(m): 8:39am On Jul 12, 2015
GrammarNazi:
Most Christians ignorantly & erroneously believe that the bible is a perfect book. I hate to tell you this, but it's not true. The Bible, as we have it today, was compiled by MEN (not necessarily for the altruistic reasons you think, but that's another story altogether) from books and letters written by MEN (maybe or maybe not under divine inspiration). wink

The bible as we have it today, is host to many errors and inconsistencies. That doesn't mean it is not a holy book, inspired by God. We just need to know when to draw the line, when interpreting verses and stories from the bible. wink

There are translational errors in virtually all versions of the bible we have today, ESPECIALLY The King James Version, which most people erroneously believe to be Sacrosanct. Later versions of the bible have attempted to correct some of these errors. The New International Version (NIV) is not the only version that attempts this. Lemme use the example of 1 John 5:7-9 that someone quoted earlier. See how the KJV and other versions quoted the same verses.

Moral Lesson: God is NOT the author of confusion, but anything that passes through human hands, cannot be perfect!!!

God bless u

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ideatoprince18(m): 8:40am On Jul 12, 2015
MEILYN:
Forget about the Koran. I am a Christian and I think he is right. That particular verse he quoted was tampered with by the Catholic church. Do your research bro.
.......the problem started when d Protestant started manufacturing dis own bible n deviating from d original manuscript......do ya research bro
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Rilwayne001: 8:40am On Jul 12, 2015
ideatoprince18:
..........present d prob by d grace of God I will solve it!!!!!

Lets start from the begining. Who wrote the pentateuch?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 12, 2015
Rilwayne001:
THE BIBLE HAS PROBLEM AS A WHOLE AND NOT JUST THE NIV.

RIGHT FROM THE BOOK OF GENESIS TO REVELATIONS, THE PROBLEMS ARE OBVIOUS.

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE

1 John 5:7

New International Version
For there are three that testify:

King James Bible
For there are three that bear record in
heaven, the Father, the Word, and the
Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And The Spirit testifies because The Spirit is the truth.

Which is correct from the above?

http://biblehub.com/1_john/5-7.htm

Christians won't see this untill they read the bible on their own
If you STUDY the bible in understanding from The Spirit of truth,you will know that the Aramic and Kjv are saying the same thing,Niv leaves it vague.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Ayietim(m): 8:44am On Jul 12, 2015
Begin each day hopefully, face each day confidently, expect the best always, begin again when you fail. http://ayietim.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by haftob(m): 8:47am On Jul 12, 2015
frosbel:

The Quran is not any better !!!

Islam and Christianity are man made religions and the sooner they die out the better.
I think u need to learn about the Quran. The quran was revealed by God through Angel Gabriel, it's plain God's word and that is why it has never changed i.e no update or newer versions,it has been the same since yrs ago dat it was revealed.

3 Likes

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 12, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

People would have definitely inserted what they wanted the christians to believe lol

The Quran
Secured by God himself
Think well christians.
Your quran is a perverted version of the Bible,created from every pervertion from the Torah in the bible. You soon realize the deceit and the fact that the Catholic church has a hand in creating islam,That allah
is a persian idol and Mohammed was deceived by a demon when he thought he heard an angel.. Soon you will. Shallom.

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Rilwayne001: 8:48am On Jul 12, 2015
Gaidenk:

If you STUDY the bible in understanding from The Spirit of truth,you will know that the Aramic and Kjv are saying the same thing,Niv leaves it vague.

The spirit meant in the Aramic is the holy spirit excluding the 2 other members of the Trinity.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ideatoprince18(m): 8:49am On Jul 12, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

The Quran
Secured by God himself
Think well christians.
.............ogbeni go n read Islamic history.

Ali ibn Abi Talib (d. 661) compiled a complete
version of the Quran shortly after
Muhammad's death. The order of this text
differed from that gathered later during
Uthman's era in that this version had been
collected in chronological order. Despite this,
he made no objection against the standardized
Quran and accepted the Quran in circulation.
Other personal copies of the Quran might have
existed including Ibn Mas'ud 's and Ubay ibn
Ka'b 's codex, none of which exist today.

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Rilwayne001: 8:50am On Jul 12, 2015
Gaidenk:

Your quran is a perverted version of the Bible,created from every pervertion from the Torah in the bible. You soon realize the deceit and the fact that the Catholic church has a hand in creating islam,That allah
is a persian idol and Mohammed was deceived by a demon when he thought he heard an angel.. Soon you will. Shallom.

Read the intro of this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2442167/some-examples-how-quran-corrects#35756755
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by proff467: 8:51am On Jul 12, 2015
ISLAM....................THE WAY AND THE TRUTH.......ONLY 1 BOOK NO ADDITION NO SUBTRACTION.................

2 Likes

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by 9jatatafo(m): 8:51am On Jul 12, 2015
Why so much chaos in this world?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 12, 2015
haftob:

I think u need to learn about the Quran. The quran was revealed by God through Angel Gabriel, it's plain God's word and that is why it has never changed i.e no update or newer versions,it has been the same since yrs ago dat it was revealed.
Beelzebub won't fight against its own. The quran is a pervertion,why would satan bother to change it? The Words in The Bible is truth,so satan will fight it,try to pervert it. What does he stand to gain to try and change the words of the quran? Mohammed didn't hear an angel,he heard an evil spirit and its written in your quran
Narrated Jundub bin Sufyan:
Once Allah's Apostle became sick and could not
offer his night prayer (Tahajjud) for two or three
nights. Then a lady (the wife of Abu Lahab) came
and said, "O Muhammad! I think that your
Satan has forsaken you, for I have not seen
him with you for two or three nights!" On that
Allah revealed: 'By the fore-noon, and by the
night when it darkens, your Lord (O Muhammad)
has neither forsaken you, nor hated you.' (93.1-3)
( Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number
475)

3 Likes

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
I enjoy being scamed

So which 1 is real?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by eaglechild: 8:56am On Jul 12, 2015
alt3r3g0:
After researching on this website, i made my choice on the NIV

lemme just paste some excerpts

The NIV perverts the virgin birth!

LUKE 2:33: The King James Bible reads, "And JOSEPH and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him." The NIV reads, "The CHILD'S FATHER and mother marveled at what was said about him." The "CHILD'S FATHER"? Was Joseph Jesus's father? Not if you believe the virgin birth! Not if you believe John 3:16, that Jesus Christ was the Son of God! A subtil, "perversion" of the virgin birth. See also Luke 2:43.

The NIV perverts John 3:16 into a LIE!

JOHN 3:16: The NIV reads, "For God so loved the world that he gave his ONE AND ONLY SON, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" Jesus was NOT "the one and only son" - Adam is called the "son of God" in Luke 3:38, there are "sons of God" in Job 1:6 and Christians are called "sons of God" in Phil 2:15, I John 3:2- but Jesus was the "ONLY BEGOTTEN SON"! By removing the critical word "BEGOTTEN" - The NIV perverts John 3:16 into a LIE! The NIV does the same in John 1:14, 1:18, and 3:18.

The NIV perverts The Lord's Prayer into The Devil's Prayer!

LUKE 11:2-4: The KJB reads, ". . .Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil." The NIV removes everything that refers to a Holy God in heaven -"WHICH ART IN HEAVEN. . . Thy will be done, AS IN HEAVEN, so in earth. . . but DELIVER US FROM EVIL." Everything that distinguishes God from the Devil is REMOVED! "OUR FATHER" of the NIV is "NOT IN HEAVEN" and "DOES NOT DELIVER FROM EVIL!" I wonder who it could be? (hint: see John 8:44)

Was shocked when i checked the Lords Prayer on the niv.
Luke 11:2-4New International Version (NIV)

2 He said to them, “When you pray, say:

“‘Father,[a]
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.[b]
Give us each day our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.[c]
And lead us not into temptation.[d]’”

I do not agree totally with all that they pointed out on the link but some facts are too hard to be ignored or explained away. If you want to read all of it, you can find more on the link below,

Monumental rubbish.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by fF01(m): 8:57am On Jul 12, 2015
dis NIV niggas b messing wih God!
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ideatoprince18(m): 8:59am On Jul 12, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lets start from the begining. Who wrote the pentateuch?
.......the Pentateuch was not written by moses buh by different writers spanning tri d different times exerted under mosaic law!!!!!!

There is no such thing such as miracle of the
Prophet. In fact miracles fall under the domain of
superstition and there is no room for superstition
in Islam. Why believe ‘tales’ of miracles of the
Prophet then?......this questions d authenticity as Mohammed as a prophet?

2 Likes

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 12, 2015
herald9:

I can't shut up if I wasn't talking.

As your Bible have so many versions with diverse translations... So does your religion with its many denominations.
I think the two goes hand in hand. And I wonder what the holy spirit is doing.
what!!! hm hm the holy spirit u say? lemme tell u one secret dat u dnt know, do u know dat in HELL, there are people gathered in a section dat is there bcaus of what they wrote in d internet? be careful!!!!!
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by neocortex: 9:03am On Jul 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
I stopped reading it the moment I noticed the changes. They compromised the Word of God and published a perverted version of the new NIV to make it acceptable in today's world which is very bad because we are warned in Revelation 22:19 not to add or remove anything from the word of God.

Every word in the bible is very important because it is written that Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. This is the end time sha so every Christian should be very careful lest satan take advantage of him/her with one of his devices." —2nd Corinthians 2:11

BTW, other NIVs are ok and acceptable, it is the 2011 version that was changed, the problem is that they have stopped publishing the old one and also removed "2011" from the new one so that you won't know which one you are buying.

Unfortunately , the authenticity of the book of revelation that you quoted is hotly contested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / Instagram Is Run By Anti-christs [see Photos] / Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.