Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? (14053 Views)

How Did You Met Your Boyfriend/ Girlfriend. / If Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Ask For An Open Relationship? / Blood Covenant With Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by damygurl(f): 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2005
consider this:
@}---}---- 16 Reasons Why Best Friends are Better Than Boyfriend----{----{@

1.You don't have to call them every day, just to let them know you're not fighting.
2.You don't have an anniversary-you just sort of "became" best friends.
3.Your parents usually like your best friend.
4.Your best friend doesn't care if you get fat, ugly, or if you get a bad haircut.

5.You don't have to get jealous of "girls only"night -- You're part of it!.
6.You can laugh at your best friend with no consequences.
7.You can burp/fart in front of your best friend on
any occasion.
8.You can plan on still having a relationship with
your best friend in 20 years.

9.Never in your life will you need "space" from your
best friend.
10.Your best friend won't be mad if you want some time
alone, and will only ask you "what's wrong?"
11.You're allowed to have multiple best friends.
12.No one ever spreads rumors or talks about you and
your best friend's relationship.

13.Borrowing any amount of money from your best friend
is okay, no questions asked.
14.No one is ever trying to fix you up on blind dates
for a new best friend.
15.It doesn't matter what your "other" friends think
about your best friend.
16.Your best friend is the first person you call when
you get a new boy friend and when you break up with them.
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by nddy(m): 3:27pm On Oct 21, 2005
Would you sleep with your best friend?
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by hotangel2(f): 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2005
Your girlfriend or boyfriend should literally be your BEST friend. That's why s/he is your bf/gf. So that s/he can be their for you all the time, share stuffs with you and also you could get the benefits you cant get from "ordinary friends" from them.

Yeah you should have friends, you should have really good friends. But ur bf / gf should be your best friend.

If you and ur bf/gf are really in love, I seriously don't see why s/he would care if you get fat, ugly, have a bad hair cut or The rest of things u listed there.

I hope u get my point.. i am just tryna say, if you have a bf/gf.. i see no reason why you should have another BEST friend somewhere else... cos to me, your bf/gf should be your best friend.

This don't mean you shouldn't have other friends. I mean friends u can still trust incase summin goes wrong in the course of ur relationship.
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by jenny247(f): 9:36pm On Oct 21, 2005
@ nddy
no you wouldn't sleep with your best friend but that simply shows that one can have a healthy relationship without sex.

@ hot-angel
the truth is most times you get all the crap from your so called boy or girl friend especially if you guys have a wrong foundation or missed the basis of the relationship. people get into these relationships for the wrong reason and having the wrong expectation.
the truth is, your boy friend is the one who first complains about things like weight gain and stuff. it's annoying cos most times he complains for the wrong reasons. not because he's worried that your excessive weight gain is not healthy but because he doesn't want to date a fat girl.
you can be yourself around your best friend, fart( i'm not saying it's decent) e.t.c cos you know they'll accept you for who you really are. no fear of rejection. there's no competition. your best friend takes time to know you, your likes and your dislikes.
your best friend understands the difference between ' i need some space' and ' i don't want you anymore'. i mean they don't read meanings to everything you say.
that's why they are your best friend in the first place.
it's not that easy to find a girl or boy friend who will be that understanding. well, maybe you will if you are dating your best friend or one of your best friends! the truth is, it doesn't really matter, best friend, boy friend or girl friend. just accept and love people for who they really are.
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by hotangel2(f): 3:58am On Oct 22, 2005
You don't get me.

All i am saying is, If ur bf//gf loves you like s/he claims to, then s/he won't care abt how fat you are or whether you fart or stuffs like that. Who should understand you better if not the one you love??
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by WesleyanA(f): 5:19am On Oct 22, 2005
@ hota, damy's talking about boyfriend/ girlfriend (teenagers probably) not husband/wife.
you're really sure you'll last in a relationship with all those conditions? wink
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by hotangel2(f): 5:22am On Oct 22, 2005
Seriously, if you have a girlfriend or bf, i see no reason why s/he wouldn't take you just as you her. Why have him/her if s/he wouldnt like you for you? Yeahhhhhhhhh Best friends are Good. But why cant your bf/gf be your bestfriend?? That's my point!
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by nddy(m): 5:24am On Oct 22, 2005
coz it will suck ? you will probabaly spend all the tyme you have with the same person , that sucks
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by hotangel2(f): 5:25am On Oct 22, 2005
Well if you have a best friend.. You'll spend all your time with Him/her too! Don't u get my point?? Ohh u wanna have 4 best friends... Be my guest and do so!
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by WesleyanA(f): 5:25am On Oct 22, 2005
parce que.. c'est pas possible! bestfriend is different from boyfriend!

see who's barging into others' conversation....
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by hotangel2(f): 5:26am On Oct 22, 2005
But boyfriend can be bestfriend.
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by shockreaction(m): 8:53am On Oct 22, 2005
I'll go to sleep now.
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by mckaycee(m): 9:40am On Oct 22, 2005
The term "BESTFRIEND" explains it all. A best friend will always be better than a girlfriend. It can only take some time for your girlfriend to be a bestfriend. A bestfriend is a friend you trust so much. He knows so many things about you. It has taken a lot of patience to build such friendship, and the person knows your mood better than even your family. They can't be compared.
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by adesodgi(m): 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2005
why are ya all arguing bout best friends and relationships....
No matter how caring ur other half is,there is still this one friend of urs that u can tell anything(bout ur relationship and stuff like that) not becos u trust em,but because u feel free with em.
And the way i see relationship is that you should be free with ur other half cos if ur not the relationship wont last...
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by hotangel2(f): 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2005
SOme people still don't get my point. I ain't saying YOU should have a bestfriend. All i am saying is... why can't ur boyfriend/gf be your bestfriend. YES u can have other friends u feel free with [like sodgi said].
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by damygurl(f): 9:40pm On Oct 23, 2005
i get wat u saying but wat i'm saying is dat yea ur boyfriend can be ur friend but best friend is dis speacial person . true/best friendz r 4 ever but there is no guarantee on a boifriend. he/she is liable to hurt u either by cheating on u or breaking ur heart by calling it quit. With a bestfriend it's different. u don't worry about whether he/she is looking at dis other cute person and so on. i think d role of a best friend is sorta more dan dat of a boifriend/gurlfriend
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by damygurl(f): 9:48pm On Oct 23, 2005
A friend is like a flower,
a rose to be exact,
Or maybe like a brand new gate
that never comes unlatched.
A friend is like an owl,
both beautiful and wise.
Or perhaps a friend is like a ghost,
whose spirit never dies.
A friend is like a heart that goes
strong until the end.
Where would we be in this world
if we didn't have a friend.
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by snazzydawn(f): 10:30pm On Oct 24, 2005
My boyfriend is my bestfriend,he is very much himself around me and vice versa.We talk about everything and I mean everything.So its possible for your boyfriend to be your bestfriend.The bottomline is letting down your guard and loving and trusting completely.Ciao!!!
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by goodguy(m): 10:40am On Oct 25, 2005
I quite understand what HotA is trying to say here. As jenny said, it's difficult to find a boyfriend these days who will take you for who you are.

For instance, a best friend can stand u if u've got a bad mouth/body odour; but I bet ur boyfriend will take immediate actions the moment he discovers about it. Your best friend will laugh it off when u fart in her presence but ur boyfriend will see u as a pig to have done that in front of him. Therefore, best friends are better than boyfriends.

Capische?
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by hotangel2(f): 10:49am On Oct 25, 2005
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by candybabe(f): 12:13am On Oct 26, 2005
i quite agree with goodguy, if you have a mouth odur,your best friend will be able to stand it.
your best friend will be able to understand u much more than your boy or gal friend.
when you have a problem with ur gal/boy friend,your best friend will be the one who will settle
the dispute among the two of you
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by adesodgi(m): 10:25am On Oct 26, 2005
hot-angel:

SOme people still don't get my point. I ain't saying YOU should have a bestfriend. All i am saying is... why can't your boyfriend/girlfriend be your bestfriend. YES u can have other friends u feel free with [like sodgi said].
ur boyfriend is someone u'll break his heart wen you say its over for a very reason,but ur bestfriend is someone u report the situation to...and ur boyfriend cant be ur bestfriend because he may think sex is a natural thing btw lovers,but a friend can never think of such connection...
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by goodguy(m): 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2005
very right smiley
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by lauryn(f): 5:12am On Apr 16, 2006
I believe best friends are better than boyfriends, but then again u could make ur bestfriend ur boyfriend. I think bestfriends are still better, cos when u r around them, u feel nothing could go wrong. u just care about the friend so much that u dont even think of sex even if the friend is of opposite sex. I feel really comfy around my very good friend, there are certain things u could tell them compared to the boyfriends and it would just feel right.
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by Hotstepper(f): 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2006
i agree with hot-angel , my boyfriend is my bestfriend. I do not believe in the notion that among all your friends, u single out one or some as being your best friends(s). There is one reason or the other that attracted you to sum1 in the 1st place that made u take him/her as a friend. I wrote an article about this topic that was published, here is the mink for interested individuals

http://www.imoonline.org/nnenny_archive.htm
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by Rhodalyn(f): 7:10pm On Apr 16, 2006
ma boyfriend is everytin in one, bestfriend,boyfriend,love whteva
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by eveseh(f): 11:51am On Apr 22, 2006
they are
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by mckaycee(m): 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2006
It is easier said than done. Your lover can never equal a bestfriend. The reason is that not much trust exists between lovers and that is why their is always a breakup. But a best friend is always there and the trust is always solid and last till old age, mind you that family friends emanated from best friends.
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by topup: 2:59am On Aug 07, 2008
Yes, though it's hard to fairly compare the two. I love my girlfriends so much, they lift my spirits, the only thing though I will complain about is when I frikkin needed to go out to party and take my mind off *ahem* certain things and *ahem* certain people, they were all too busy, and I was stuck at home with the tears and stuff!
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by gudboy2: 1:17pm On Aug 19, 2008
yaeh.i totally agreee, beat fren better den a gul fren,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by smurf1(f): 4:11am On Dec 10, 2008
Huummm, for me not so much though~
Re: Best Friend Better Than Boyfriend/Girlfriend? by chamotex(m): 4:15am On Dec 10, 2008
gud boy:

yaeh.i totally agreee, beat fren better den a gul fren,,,,,,,,,,,

and why do I find this funny grin grin grin

I almost thought u were writing in German for a minute cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Fall Madly In Love With The Bad& Rugged Guys?.instead Of Good Guys? / The Kinda Shape Most Guys Love To See,feel,handle(pic) / Which Nairalander do you wish to meet in person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.