Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? (24695 Views)

A Strange Woman In My Home.. How Do I Go About It?? / Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 / Help, A Married Woman Refuses To Leave My House, How Can I Send Her Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by S4SOLOMON4(m): 7:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
@op, is the guy in question of questionable character? But be it as it may, just tell him about your dream, tell him you need a break ( I don't fully support this though) . Suggest he goes for deliverance.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by 9jatatafo(m): 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
Bros discharge the guy sharpaly. If his own person in the same place could discharge him then why habour him? We live in desperate and wicked world. Learn when to say no and yes. This is a guy you don't know from Adam. I don't believe in dreams but I will tell you reality, dismiss the guy fast!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by udz: 7:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
I have read through the comments and all I see in NL are kids. Even in marital and relationship advises, they are fast to judge and say break up or divorce. My guy, my experience on earth has made me to understand that this world is just vanity. If you have to ask him to leave, pls be considerate and mature and try to help him reconcile with the sister, show concern, if e no get job, try and tell him abt infos, encourage him to be independent. One thing is certain... CHANGE.
In my school days, I harboured a friend who got admission. He told me he was searching for accomodation but later I found out that the folks was even finding it hard paying ther fees and admission stuffs. So with my mind, I just born, I no even ask am if e dey find house again. He stayed for a whole session and he respected me for that. He left after his first yr when he was able to settle well. His folks were always calling me thanking. I finished and served before him without securing a job. He finished and secured a job in a big city. When I decided to relocate to the big city, guess what I stayed i his house, searched and found a job. stayed for extra months, before I gathered enough money have my own space. His house was mine, he was cool with it. So pls, if the guty is trying to find his feet, encourage him. Dont make it worse. Thank you.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by faray: 7:13pm On Jul 15, 2015
toobby:
Chai so y are clueless.
Anyway on nairaland you go find clue.

And i think m about to give you one. Follow the steps below

1. Buy a calabash
2. Buy three eggs (boiled)
3. Palm oil
4. Pap (Agidi) or even Eba.
5. #10 Notes( as much as u can afford) *

Procedure

*Put the agidi or Eba in the calabash add the boiled eggs, arrange the #10 notes on it then pour palm oil on it.
* Take the calabash and put it right in front of his head when asleep in the mid night by 2am.
* call his name 21 times so he can hear you. If he refuse to hear slap him.
* start calling name of your great grand fathers. If you know non you can call name of Nigerians celebrities or even footballers.
WAIT FOR WHAT HAPPEN NEXT.......
CAUTION :
anything that happen afterward. E no concern me. I pray it works for you also cause it work for someone i know.

PEACE
Chineke!!!
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by slap1(m): 7:13pm On Jul 15, 2015
Emeka so you brought me to nairaland Abi? Why not tell me to leave your house quietly instead of disgracing me here? No wahala. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by Nicepoker(m): 7:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
octopusfreaky:
lolzzzzz,,,this joke is off the hook mennnnnn...
that's the only way out
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by slap1(m): 7:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
faray:
Chineke!!!

I don shed tears where I'm laughing!
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2015
offspec:
If the guy is not a breach to your peace, i'll advice you leave him. The nightmares you have are as a result of the ill feelings you have towards him. To that guy, you are his messiah.

You're my kinda guy.

Too many people have it rough nowadays , if providing him with shelter is one way to help him then by all means provide it.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by toobby(m): 7:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
faray:
Chineke!!!
You see ghost?
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
Nicepoker:
,ask him out. He will certainly run from ur house

Lmao!!! cheesy
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
mannyiyke:
Bro, i must commend u for this advice. One problem with some human beings is dat we fail to listen to God's commandment which exhorts us to always do good to people unconditionally. This is 'cos some have entertained angels unawares. U're a gd fellow.

Thanks sir grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by akyus(m): 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
What does the guy do for a living? Student, Applicant or worker.
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by homeboy232(m): 7:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
Well your situation is complicated because nobody knows tomorrow , also your strange dreams really means a lot because the guy might be having some family spiritual problem , someone is only trying to frustrate him spiritually by appearing and warning you to kick him out, base on the situation that u are not spiritually strong , u are scared of lose of jobs and financial problem , just use the landlord format , connive with your landlord ,ur landlord will warn u that ur house agreement does not allow any third party to stay with u more than one week
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by czar001(m): 7:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
its quiet easy, just send him a text message while you are at work, explain to him you need your space to sort some personal stuffs before your fiancee comes. he should understand and am very certain that before you get back from work he would have left or would have completely planned his departure
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
ULSHERLAN:
I think you have to handle this thing carefully. In as much as u owe him no explanation still u never can tell where u will meet in life again. Youve already started well by allowing him stay so end it well by giving him reasonable reasons. U might say ur family or fiancee is coming to stay with u. You can even inconvenience urself by leaving the house to a frnds place for like 2days to make him think you traveled to do something or so.
People and meeting in future sha. You dont need to help people because you might also need help in the future, help them if you want to and stop expecting payback.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by An0nimus: 7:45pm On Jul 15, 2015
emmyrichie google 'how to be assertive', read, digest a few of the links and do the right thing if indeed you are uncomfortable. To be fair, you can give the guy a week to sort himself but you have to be straight forward.

All the best.
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by woky: 7:46pm On Jul 15, 2015
offspec:
If the guy is not a breach to your peace, i'll advice you leave him. The nightmares you have are as a result of the ill feelings you have towards him. To that guy, you are his messiah.
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by freecocoa(f): 7:48pm On Jul 15, 2015
So you want him out solely based on your dreams, not that he is a bad person or has exhibited bad attitude?

Dreams are usually an aftermath of thought, you were sceptical about him in the first place, I believe that's why you are having these dreams but anyways, your house, your rules.

If you don't want him there, politely tell him, that's more respectful and honest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
MrLouisVanGaal:
Pray to God to take away your dreams. God doesn't allow people suffer for being good. That guy could be the next president of this country and devil could be very interested in seeing you two sever your friendship ties.

But bros do you watch Nigerian films alot?

And here is a truly good heart.

I wouldn't be surprised that the majority of those offering one suggestion or the other on how to throw the guy out would be staunch Christians and Moslems. The parable of the good Samaritan is clearly lost on you lots.

I like your Christ but I don't like you Christians

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by ogogoromasta: 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2015
freecocoa:
So you want him out solely based on your dreams, not that he is a bad person or has exhibited bad attitude?

Dreams are usually an aftermath of thought, you were sceptical about him in the first place, I believe that's why you are having these dreams but anyways, your house, your rules.

If you don't want him there, politely tell him , that's more respectful and honest.

nd im politely tellin
yuh to cum svck me off
yuh lonely asshiii
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 15, 2015
freecocoa:

If you don't want him there, politely tell him, that's more respectful and honest.

You always win more of my respect with each comment you make.
I doff my hat

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by freecocoa(f): 8:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
neoapocalypse:

You always win more of my respect with each comment you make.
I doff my hat
Aww! I'm humbled, that means a lot coming from you, you've always had my respect, thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by simplex2: 8:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
That's how a friend of mine informed me he had a scheduled interview at Lagos and would love to stay at my place and attend the interview. I agreed only for him to come to my house with a mighty ecolac travel bag filled up with all his clothes! He even came along with plenty foodstuffs to last us a month!

After spending 2wks in my house, I had to plead with my girlfriend to forfeit the semester exam she was preparing for and come home and rescue me. Trust women nah, what I couldn't do in 2wks, she did in 2hrs! By next morning, the guy was gone!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by knostbrown01(m): 8:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
emmyrichie:

Yes I thought about that too... but I was thinking of what he will think since she won't be coming anytime soon.

If he leaves and she didn't show up anytime soon it will show that I purposely drove him out.

Since you don't have gut 2send him away, don't complain any longer
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by Paretomaster(m): 8:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
Our privacy matters a lot.

Just solved same issue yesterday, d guy is suppose to stay for 2 days, but he is extending it to a week, and is not even planning to leave.

Thank God ma girl will be visiting, so I just put a call 2 her in his presence, and discuss wen she will b coming, he pretend like he didn't get d msg, I mak it clear dat he will hav to leave before ma gal com.

He have no choice, so @OP, just arrange for ur girl to com over or simply Man up like me and tell him u just need some privacy.
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by Crixina(f): 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
MrLouisVanGaal:
Pray to God to take away your dreams. God doesn't allow people suffer for being good. That guy could be the next president of this country and devil could be very interested in seeing you two sever your friendship ties.

But bros do you watch Nigerian films alot?

I wonder o
What the what? Laced with ill luck?
I thought I will see something like he steals or other vices.
Bros just say you need privacy and you want the guy out, that I will understand.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by kushsy: 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
Don't ever ignore your dreams...except if you had misgivings about him earlier..find out what really happened with the sister,settle their difference and make him move back to his sister ..or go to a MOG with him..but first tell him the truth about your dreams..he has to know.
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by esonuu(m): 8:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
Do u hav a place u can stay for upto two weeks? If yes tel him u wana travel cos u commited a crime and the police are looking 4 u(i hope u dnt commit one soon) 2ndly,u can explain to ur fiancee hw u got ursef into a mess,then ask her to cum for an impromptu visitation in other to bail u out
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by yiwaldecanta: 8:17pm On Jul 15, 2015
Tell him you are gay and you want his ass...thank me later.
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by simplex2: 8:19pm On Jul 15, 2015
I think the op is trying to be a 'Mr nice guy'. First mistake was to take in someone who the sis threw out. If you felt concerned, you should have tried to settle the matter btw him and the sis rather than giving him an option of finding solace at your place.

Nicepoker:
,ask him out. He will certainly run from ur house

And if he says yes?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by Abbey2sam(m): 8:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
emmyrichie:
SUMMARY

I did not know him before... We became buddies when I moved into one of the apartments in the same block as his' and his sister.

How he started staying with me: He was initially staying with his sister until he fell out with her over some trivial issue.
He immediately moved into my apartment owing to the fact that I stay alone.
That night he slept in place and in slow succession it became a tradition and step by step he started staying together with me.

But since he moved in, I've had countless dreams in which somebody will always come to warn me that I should ask the guy to leave my apartment cos he is laced with ill luck and that he isn't ordinary which will start affecting me especially in the aspect of my job.

I wouldn't have mind him staying with me until my financee comes except for these incessant nightmares filled with warnings about him.

Now my quest on this thread is sourcing for ideas on how to go about asking him to leave?

Nlanders I need clues and hints.

Cc: RoyalRoy and lalasticlala

if the sister can eject him, it shouldn't be that hard for you to do

you don't need to lie to him, just be real with him and ask him to bounce
Re: How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? by Abbey2sam(m): 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
udz:
I have read through the comments and all I see in NL are kids. Even in marital and relationship advises, they are fast to judge and say break up or divorce. My guy, my experience on earth has made me to understand that this world is just vanity. If you have to ask him to leave, pls be considerate and mature and try to help him reconcile with the sister, show concern, if e no get job, try and tell him abt infos, encourage him to be independent. One thing is certain... CHANGE.
In my school days, I harboured a friend who got admission. He told me he was searching for accomodation but later I found out that the folks was even finding it hard paying ther fees and admission stuffs. So with my mind, I just born, I no even ask am if e dey find house again. He stayed for a whole session and he respected me for that. He left after his first yr when he was able to settle well. His folks were always calling me thanking. I finished and served before him without securing a job. He finished and secured a job in a big city. When I decided to relocate to the big city, guess what I stayed i his house, searched and found a job. stayed for extra months, before I gathered enough money have my own space. His house was mine, he was cool with it. So pls, if the guty is trying to find his feet, encourage him. Dont make it worse. Thank you.

another lesson

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt / After 4 Pregnancies, 3 Miscarriages, 2 IVF, 5 Years Of Waiting, This Boy Arrives / 3 Missing Women Found Alive After 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.