Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,152 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records (30398 Views)

PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts / Buhari Article On Obama's Cabinet(2): PMB Was Absolutely Wrong / Buhari's Article: Buhari Was Right On Obama's Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by engineerboat(m): 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
aresa:

That still didn't prevent Jona from administering the most corrupt, lazy and incompetent government on the surface of the earth.

Jona announced his cabinet 6 weeks after assuming office, longer than PMB, but of course, his hypocritical TaNoids and minions were not wailing like wailers all over the place.

Sadly for them, election is over and PMB is the president and Jona is not coming back.

Why are you people spurring out lies and propaganda that OBama nominate it's minister months after swearing in.
http://www.senate.gov/reference/Obama_cabinet.htm

Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by nellyelitz(m): 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
barcanista:
Good evening all, I was reading an article authored by Buhari that he wrote on Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/nigeria-committed-to-good-governance-and-fighting-terror/2015/07/20/8c1acd00-2e21-11e5-8353-1215475949f4_story.html. In the said article he attempted to justify delay in his appointment of Cabinet by alleging that President Obama also had some delay in his first term. Please read this excerpt..

"When cabinet ministers are appointed in September, it will be some months after I took the oath of office. It is worth noting that Obama himself did not have his full Cabinet in place for several months after first taking office; the United States did not cease to function in the interim." --- (Pres. Muhammadu Buhari)

I paused to ask myself whether the Obama that Muhammadu Buhari was referring to is the incmbent President of The United States or another Obama.

Obama Named His Cabinet Before Taking Office:
Obama was elected President on November 4, 2008. As President-elect Obama immediately started the nomination of his Cabinet. By December 17, 2008, Barack Obama had already nominated all his Cabinet Secretaries. Obama was sworn-in on January 20, 2009. www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Barack_Obama/Appointments_and_nominations_as_President

The only late cabinet nomination of Obama was Judd Gregg- the nominee for Commerce Secretary. His nomination came on Feb 3, 2009. That is 13 days after Obama was sworn in. The delay was because the FIRST nominee for the position Bill Richardson withdrew his nomination on January 6, 2009 due to some allegation against him as New Mexico state Governor (He was nominated on the 4th of Dec 2008. See his own word

"I have concluded that the ongoing investigation also would have forced an untenable delay in the confirmation process,"
"Given the gravity of the economic situation the nation is facing, I could not in good conscience ask the president- elect and his administration to delay for one day the important work that needs to be done."
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2009/02/obam-f04.html
www.nytimes.com/2008/12/04/us/politics/04transition.html?referrer=)
www.nbcnews.com/id/28493919/

So which Obama was Buhari referring to?

Buhari The Record Breaker:
Already Buhari has made a record as the first elected President of Nigeria to stay in office for 53 days without having Secretary to the Government of the Federation. ExPresidents Olusegun Obasanjo and Dr Jonathan named Ufot Ekaete and Ayim Pius Ayim as SGF same day of their inauguration in 1999 and 2011 respectively. Late Yar'adua named Babagana Kingibe as SGF 24hrs after his inauguration in 2007. Buhari however is yet to. This shows that Buhari is not serious with the business of governance.

Buhari will break another record should he fail to nominate Ministers by the end of this month. He will break the record of Musa Yar'adua as the longest streak without naming a cabinet. Yar'adua named his cabinet on the 28th of July 2007. Buhari's delay till September will mean beating Yar'adua's record by more than a month (depending on the date he nominates his cabinet). Buhari will also become the only elected African and Global leader to stay in office for FOUR months without a cabinet.

These records are not the kind of record that any serious country wish for. I don't think Nigeria's case is different. Finally, Muhammadu Buhari should stop trying to act smart by playing on Nigeria's intelligence. His failure to name a cabinet shows that he isn't prepared for leadership.

May God Bless Us All
God bless you my brother, maybe he meant to say Osama...no wonder Obama was saring at him with one kind eye.
Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by engineerboat(m): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Sadly, biafran village clowns, bigots and trolls like you bore me...

So ri iwo omo hi, enikeni it o ba it so onto baying ni omo Igbo BIAFRAN abi.
Why lying now,

Obama nominate his secretaries (ministers December 2008) they we're confirm on the day of Obama inauguration Jan 20 2009.

What did you say about that, is there any different from what @BARCANISTA is trying to clarify, why calling people BIAFRAN clown. Omoluwabi o kin PARO OOOOOOOOOO. Omo ODUDUWA daaaada Idi otito ni ti Ma nri won, sho ti gbo beyen.
CHANGErians enough is enough of lying sand PROPAGANDA

Ormolu w
Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by rusher14: 3:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
StOla:

Dude is so predictable.

His sudden hatred for the same man he eulogised over and over in the past, shows that indeed there's only a thin line between love and hate.

I no fit offend this kind guy ooo. He will come for you like Liam Neeson.

Very bitter soul.

grin grin
Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by jacksonite: 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
omaiyale:
Can you please explain how he has disgrace Nigeria ??
Who is the 'he' here? You mean the President Buhari?
Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by aresa: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2015
[s]
engineerboat:

Why are you people spurring out lies and propaganda that OBama nominate it's minister months after swearing in.
http://www.senate.gov/reference/Obama_cabinet.htm
[/s]

I proved with facts in this thread that Obama made nominations in February, almost a month after inauguration so Stop bothering me with your repetitive ignorant rubbish. PMB said Obama did not have a full cabinet after entering office which remains a fact so you and the intellectually lazy and incompetent OP's job is to prove to us that Obama had a full cabinet after assuming office.

You can't read, comprehend and ignorant people are really nauseating for real...
Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by aresa: 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
engineerboat:

So ri iwo omo hi, enikeni it o ba it so onto baying ni omo Igbo BIAFRAN abi.
Why lying now,

[b]Obama nominate his secretaries (ministers December 2008) [/b]they we're confirm on the day of Obama inauguration Jan 20 2009.

What did you say about that, is there any different from what @BARCANISTA is trying to clarify, why calling people BIAFRAN clown. Omoluwabi o kin PARO OOOOOOOOOO. Omo ODUDUWA daaaada Idi otito ni ti Ma nri won, sho ti gbo beyen.
CHANGErians enough is enough of lying sand PROPAGANDA

Ormolu w

Obama Names Kansas Governor Sebelius as HHS Secretary

Obama Names Kansas Governor Sebelius as HHS Secretary

By Ricardo Alonzo-Zaldivar | March 2, 2009 | 6:31 PM EST

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-names-kansas-governor-sebelius-hhs-secretary

^^^^^ Nominated 3 months after assuming office.

Senator Judd Gregg, named by President Obama on Tuesday as the choice for commerce secretary

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/04/us/politics/04gregg.html?_r=0

^^^^^^ Nominated in February.. 1 month after assuming office..

WASHINGTON — President Obama on Wednesday nominated Sally Jewell, the chief executive of Recreational Equipment Inc., to lead the Interior Department

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/us/politics/obama-chooses-rei-executive-to-lead-interior-dept.html

^^^^^^^^ Nominated 1 month after assuming office...

Obviously, Obama did not have a full Cabinet after assuming office like PMB stated.

You ignorant can't read and comprehend illiterates really need to confine your illiteracy to your fellow village folks for real..
Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
@ Engineerboat

Pls shut your guy up with content of this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2469370/buhari-article-obamas-cabinet-he

1. Gary Locke (2009-2011) - Secretary of Commerce (Nominated Feb 23, 2009):
I always advice people to get their fact right before coming out to counter people. After Obama was elected in November 2008, first nominee for the post of Secretary of Commerce was New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson. He was nominated on December 3, 2008. www.nytimes.com/2008/12/04/us/politics/04transition.html?referrer=&referrer=
However, Richardson had to clear the allegations against him. He withdrew his nomination on the 6th of January 2009 to clear his name. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/28493919/

Obama was to be sworn-in on January 20, 2009 without a Commerce Secretary. On Feb 4, 2009 (13 days after swearing in), he nominated republican Senator Judd Gregg as the new Commerce Secretary-designate. https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2009/02/obam-f04.html

Again, Sen Gregg withdrew his nomination on Feb 11, 2009 because he had opposed some Obama policies. www.politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/02/12/breaking-gregg-withdraws-from-consideration-for-commerce-post/#more-39861

Mr Gary Lock was the third nominee for this position in Obama's first term. He was nominated on Feb 23, 2009. Even befor Garry lock was confirmed, Mr Otto Wolff was acting in that capacity from January 20, 2009.

2. Kathleen Sebelius (2009-2014) - Secretary of Health and Human Services:
Like I said earlier Barak Obama made all his first term Cabinet nominations about a month before his first inauguration. Tom A. Daschle was the first nominee for Secretary of Health and Human Services. He was nominated on the December 10, 2008.
www.nytimes.com/2008/12/12/us/politics/w11health.html?hp&referrer=

Unfortunately, Mr Daschle had to withdraw his nomination on Feb 02, 2009 over his tax issue and alleged conflict of interest. www.publicradio.org/columns/kpcc/kpccnewsinbrief/2009/02/daschle-withdraws-as-nominee-f.html
Kathleen Sebelius was nominated on Feb 23 same year as a replacement.
Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by kodded(m): 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
barcanista:
@ Engineerboat

Pls shut your guy up with content of this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2469370/buhari-article-obamas-cabinet-he

1. Gary Locke (2009-2011) - Secretary of Commerce (Nominated Feb 23, 2009):
I always advice people to get their fact right before coming out to counter people. After Obama was elected in November 2008, first nominee for the post of Secretary of Commerce was New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson. He was nominated on December 3, 2008. www.nytimes.com/2008/12/04/us/politics/04transition.html?referrer=&referrer=
However, Richardson had to clear the allegations against him. He withdrew his nomination on the 6th of January 2009 to clear his name. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/28493919/

Obama was to be sworn-in on January 20, 2009 without a Commerce Secretary. On Feb 4, 2009 (13 days after swearing in), he nominated republican Senator Judd Gregg as the new Commerce Secretary-designate. https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2009/02/obam-f04.html

Again, Sen Gregg withdrew his nomination on Feb 11, 2009 because he had opposed some Obama policies. www.politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/02/12/breaking-gregg-withdraws-from-consideration-for-commerce-post/#more-39861

Mr Gary Lock was the third nominee for this position in Obama's first term. He was nominated on Feb 23, 2009. Even befor Garry lock was confirmed, Mr Otto Wolff was acting in that capacity from January 20, 2009.

2. Kathleen Sebelius (2009-2014) - Secretary of Health and Human Services:
Like I said earlier Barak Obama made all his first term Cabinet nominations about a month before his first inauguration. Tom A. Daschle was the first nominee for Secretary of Health and Human Services. He was nominated on the December 10, 2008.
www.nytimes.com/2008/12/12/us/politics/w11health.html?hp&referrer=

Unfortunately, Mr Daschle had to withdraw his nomination on Feb 02, 2009 over his tax issue and alleged conflict of interest. www.publicradio.org/columns/kpcc/kpccnewsinbrief/2009/02/daschle-withdraws-as-nominee-f.html
Kathleen Sebelius was nominated on Feb 23 same year as a replacement.

cc aresa
Blund Follower

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
redcliff:

Nobody cares if you dissed airforce1. he is nobody yet and you are also a nobody so your song is freaking irrelevant

cc

my ass
Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
Fault finders wld always see smetyn bad in evrything good,hw is appointing ministers as fast as possible more important than appointing an effective and efficient cabinet?it wld nt be worse thn we had under pdp dat im sure of.haters can get a 1way ticket 2mexico,der is enuf biff 4all der
Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by IAMTHEHERO: 7:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ovosky:
Fault finders wld always see smetyn bad in evrything good,hw is appointing ministers as fast as possible more important than appointing an effective and efficient cabinet?it wld nt be worse thn we had under pdp dat im sure of.haters can get a 1way ticket 2mexico,der is enuf biff 4all der
See the issue here, why should they lie? Nigerians are not fools.Change !my foot..
Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by aresa: 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:

See the issue here, why should they lie? Nigerians are not fools.Change !my foot..

What's your silly and made up issue and where is the lie?

Please point out the lie and let me take it from there or you just keep quiet..
Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by aresa: 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
In fact, I've been ignoring the clownish OP and his ridiculous and absurd ramblings, but I'm putting him on notice, his trash is now subject to serious challenge and ridicule.
Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by kaboninc(m): 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
aresa:
In fact, I've been ignoring the clownish OP and his ridiculous and absurd ramblings, but I'm putting him on notice, his trash is now subject to serious challenge and ridicule.

You're funny oh.

Aresa...my guy!
Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by Cutemichelle(f): 8:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
Its nt hw far BT hw well. Pmb till naija becomes works power
Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:

If u were 2choose btn 2evils i believe u wd choose d lesser,imho giving d old man dat benefit of doubt is better than continuing wt sheer mediocrity frm d pdp,im frm d niger delta mind u n im ashamed of d gudluck administration...nt like i did expect anythin gud frm d pdp ab initio
Re: Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records by ApcSucks: 7:54am On Jul 26, 2015
bakila:

The Barcanista that cannot properly place a bet on who will win the presidential election?

Off point, what has choice go to do with bet?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

EFCC Staff Decorates Buhari At Anti-Corruption Summit In London (photo) / Ortom To Buhari: If Katsina Gets N6.25bn For Ranching, Give Benue N100bn / Eid-El-kabir: Amosun, Wale Tinubu, Others Visit President Buhari In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.