Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended (34595 Views)

Nigerians Protest At CBN Office Over Bad Policies Of Gov Godwin Emefiele (pics) / Emefiele Should Resign - Save Nigeria Anti-Corruption Initiative / Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by adamskutty(m): 7:40am On Jul 22, 2015
Wow! I am so impressed, this is coming from afam4eva, an igbo guy. grin grin
Gradually gradually, softly, softly, they are falling in love with PMB. grin
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by phrancky(m): 7:55am On Jul 22, 2015
Mynd44:
If Buhari makes any move to suspend/fire Emefiele today, it will be turned into a political/tribal affair.

But yes, I agree he should go. Not only because of this but he has not seem to be efficient enough in his position as CBN governor

And what evidence do u have to show he hasnt been efficient in his position? Abi 2 type sometin just dey hungry u?
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by dekdek: 8:00am On Jul 22, 2015
Afam4eva:
Once again Buhari has registered his resolve to be a no nonsense person and he reiterated that by taking what seemed as a jibe at the CBN governor for inviting Jim Ovia which means that Emefiele flouted the directive by the president not to invite any Nigerian business man for the occasion.

If indeed Emefiele was responsible foe the action accredited to him then i think he should be suspended by the president since the president is not empowered to remove him altogether.

I think such an action will go a long way to register it in the thick skulls of some of our politicians and civil servants that it's not business as usual. An order is an order and should not be flouted to favour certain interests.

But ur Biafra goons will claim it's part of the Generals Northern agenda to get rid of him.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by davidque007(m): 8:08am On Jul 22, 2015
fastguy10:
Honestly speaking I regret been a Nigerian
God 4bid in my next world I will be a Nigerian
God 4bid bad tin

Wow! I marvel@ ur ignorance. You have not the slightest idea of the power of your words. You have just said that God made a mistake making you a Nigerian.....you have just closed the doors of this nation to yourself. What a pity. I love this country Nigeria and I pray to grow in power and influence that I might be amongst those who are poised to making a positive change in this wonderful nation. Amen
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by MAYOWAAK: 8:23am On Jul 22, 2015
PMB: Rotimi, write qeury for Godwin, let him explain why he brought Jim Ovia to crash my event.

AMAECHI: Yes sir.

EMEFIELE: Sir, ehm let me explain sir. Oga Jim didn't tell me he was coming sir, he came of his own ACCORD sir.

PMB: whether it is "accord" or "prelude" you will know when we reach Abuja.

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by maxwell530(m): 8:24am On Jul 22, 2015
This is hypocrisy of the highest order....

Pls can someone tell me what Yusuf buhari and Iara oshiomole were doing there.

Even if Mr.president pack all his daughters go UK to meet cameron.the silly ones will still be like 'thank God nigeria is on the road to greatness again'.

Well,iz nt ma BIZNESS...just saying sha.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by toloskhati(m): 8:25am On Jul 22, 2015
That motion is hereby affirmed.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by TalkDirect: 8:26am On Jul 22, 2015
blueseacats:
I love Nigeria, but those that don't still have options bro, they can run to other countries where teenagers and youths have laid down their lives in the past , to guarantee a better future which most of us are struggling for visa to go and enjoy.
Did I just see ' visa to go and enjoy' Where did you get such an idea from? All of are subtly remotely controlled by the media, especially the movies. That's what makes a lot of people think there is enjoyment abroad. Believe me, I have been to so many 1st world countries as well as around Africa and Asia. Don't let anyone deceive you that they enjoy abroad o. They look fresh in the pix because they don't have much humid climate like NG and they give the impression that everything is cool. If they sit you down and talk to you, you'll be forever thankful to God you are a Nigerian. Yes we need to clean up Nigeria's name and straighten things up in Govt. Believe me, we are probably the most blessed people on earth. Quote me anywhere.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by donwalexy4148(m): 8:26am On Jul 22, 2015
fastguy10:
God 4bid bad tin
don't worry nxt u will be relocated 2 benin rep. Stupid talk.
Am proud 2 be a 9ja. Every country has it own challenges.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 22, 2015
i pray you will be born in Burundi grin grin grin grin grin
fastguy10:
God 4bid bad tin
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 22, 2015
[quote author=TalkDirect post=36143205] Did I just see ' visa to go and enjoy' Where did you get such an idea from? All of are subtly remotely controlled by the media, especially the movies. That's what makes a lot of people think there is enjoyment abroad. Believe me, I have been to so many 1st world countries as well as around Africa and Asia. Don't let anyone deceive you that they enjoy abroad o. They look fresh in the pix because they don't have much humid climate like NG and they give the impression that everything is cool. If they sit you down and talk to you, you'll be forever thankful to God you are a Nigerian. Yes we need to clean up Nigeria's name and straighten things up in Govt. Believe me, we are probably the most blessed people on earth. Quote me anywhere.[/http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/obama-to-name-yellen-as-federal-reserve-chairman-on-wednesday/2013/10/08/d9a0ac72-306a-11e3-bbed-a8a60c601153_story.html agreed brother ,making sense since 1914.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 22, 2015
How will buhari run the economy without Nigeria's businessmen.

Well he's a magician
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 22, 2015
atlwireles:
The Chamber of commerce through, The Corporate Council on Africa hosted Buhari in DC. Before you spew your nonsense about Jim Ovia, find out if he is a member of The Corporate Council on Africa. All the indians and Arabs at the dinner last night, who invited them?
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by sweetgala(m): 8:56am On Jul 22, 2015
Mynd44:
If Buhari makes any move to suspend/fire Emefiele today, it will be turned into a political/tribal affair.

But yes, I agree he should go. Not only because of this but he has not seem to be efficient enough in his position as CBN governor

He does not need to go , but to read him the riot act would be ideal. Buhari already has enough adults throwing tantrums like ternagers to deal with ie Saraki , Dogara etc
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by clemmonce(m): 9:03am On Jul 22, 2015
luvinhubby:

If you had sense you should have known that the event was organised by a council & the guests, including Jim Ovia, were their's & not Buhari.
you can't even speak correct English. no need arguing with you.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Afam4eva(m): 9:08am On Jul 22, 2015
Jarus:
Too flimsy a reason to sack CBN governor.

PA, yes.

Chief of staff, yes.

CBN governor, no.
Who said anything about sacking. Everything is too flimsy, no wonder the country is in the condition it is.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 22, 2015
Afam4eva:

Who said anything about sacking. Everything is too flimsy, no wonder the country is in the condition it is.

Get your facts before coming to nairaland to spew rubbish....the president has a protocol officer , every member of the entourage came with other ppl either as assistants or group of interest minds, its the duty of the protocol officer to enforce whatever his boss wants because am sure Buhari did not call all of them in a meeting and tell them what he wants.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by jomoh: 9:26am On Jul 22, 2015
luvinhubby:

Questions you've not answered -
1, Is it a crime for Jim Ovia to be present where Buhari is addressing foreign businessmen.
2, Was Jim Ovia previously booked to be in the guest list for the event by the event organisers?
3, What will Buhari tell Americans that is not good for Nigerian ears?
4, Even if Emefiele brought in Jim Ovia to the event, is there any law that says he can't do so except that Buhari said so?
5, This is a democracy & not a millitary dictatorship were one man's word becomes a law that everyone must scramble to obey.
6, Is Jim Ovia the only Nigerian businessman there?

Mr man stop disgracing yourself. You're just trying to justify impunity which is what destroyed GEJ"s administration.

Irrespective of whatever is wrong with PMB's motive for the directive, yet, a directive is a directive and the fact that someone flouted it is gross insurbodination which is informed by Impunity that Emefiele's experienced and inherited under GEJ.

So because we are not in Military regime people can now act anyhow? Just read what you wrote again an judge yourself.

Before you can be a good leader, you have to be a good follower. How can Emefiele be a good CBN leader if he cannot follow a simple order by his boss.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by seangy4konji: 9:30am On Jul 22, 2015
ok nice one.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by bjdon: 10:03am On Jul 22, 2015
For goodness sake, can't we put aside trivial differences and focus on facts?

Where in the world do you see a president go abroad, and only want to meet with foreign business men? Is the message from Buhari now one of 'I will only deal with foreign business men because Nigerians are corrupt'?

I know Buhari most likely is not a fan of many of the big Nigerian business men due to their support for PDP in the past, but he really needs to let that go and focus on the now and the future. Any attempt to give preference to foreign business over Nigerian business, will simply create yet more headache and problems for his govt.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by bakila: 10:27am On Jul 22, 2015
imhotep:

Jim Ovia is not a Fulani.
And FOOLISHLY broke international diplomatic protocol by joining in a Presidential meeting uninvited. Would he tolerate that from his Head of Finance at Zenith Bank?
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by ManTiger(m): 10:28am On Jul 22, 2015
trendsng:

Mtscheeeeew
Must you quote me to spew rubbish?
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 22, 2015
bakila:

And FOOLISHLY broke international diplomatic protocol by joining in a Presidential meeting uninvited. Would he tolerate that from his Head of Finance at Zenith Bank?
If he were to be Fulani, dull@rdinho will have no issues.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 10:40am On Jul 22, 2015
[quote author=fulanimafia post=36141019][/quote]

And what is the meaning of your correction,even with that you are still wrong.Fulani as your monika got me cracking,but your tribe is the poorest and most backward of all,did you see some semi illiterate does not make sense ewu. I did not check the words before posting it,but through your correction,I noticed that you are a dunce.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Sagamite(m): 10:42am On Jul 22, 2015
kettykin:
Government of the north, if Emefiele is suspended for bringing Jim Ovia his former boss into a high profile meeting then what happens to the people that brought in wale tinubu.

I think Emefiele did the right thing by bringing in his former boss who through his business know how grew a small bank to be the biggest in nigeria and 7th biggest in Africa . If these business men can not change nigerian business climate there is nothing American business men can do.

Buhari needs as much business men as possible, this segregation will ruin him.

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

So because he is a successful business man, it is justified for a delegate to bring him into diplomatic discussions.

You are a born foooool!

luvinhubby:

Questions you've not answered -
1, Is it a crime for Jim Ovia to be present where Buhari is addressing foreign businessmen.
2, Was Jim Ovia previously booked to be in the guest list for the event by the event organisers?
3, What will Buhari tell Americans that is not good for Nigerian ears?
4, Even if Emefiele brought in Jim Ovia to the event, is there any law that says he can't do so except that Buhari said so?
5, This is a democracy & not a millitary dictatorship were one man's word becomes a law that everyone must scramble to obey.
6, Is Jim Ovia the only Nigerian businessman there?

I bet when you were typing this your head was swelling that "AHHH! I am going to go intellectual on this OP".

Fuuktard, this rubbish made sense to you?

So because you are a Nigerian, you think you have the right to enter any venue a Nigerian president is talking to foreigners?

And if you are not allowed that is "dictatorship"?

Moronic fuuktard. Another cretin that just use terms they have heard without ever having the brain to understand it and the context in which it should be used.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by luvinhubby(m): 10:43am On Jul 22, 2015
jomoh:

Mr man stop disgracing yourself. You're just trying to justify impunity which is what destroyed GEJ"s administration.

Irrespective of whatever is wrong with PMB's motive for the directive, yet, a directive is a directive and the fact that someone flouted it is gross insurbodination which is informed by Impunity that Emefiele's experienced and inherited under GEJ.

So because we are not in Military regime people can now act anyhow? Just read what you wrote again an judge yourself.

Before you can be a good leader, you have to be a good follower. How can Emefiele be a good CBN leader if he cannot follow a simple order by his boss.
Try & get small sense at least.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by ModiKen(m): 10:44am On Jul 22, 2015
fastguy10:
God 4bid bad tin

Keep on regretting and doing nothing to make it better.

We who are determined to make it better would continue striving in that direction.

If you are not in Naija at the moment, pls don't kom bck wen we start getting things right.

We don't want "regretters" like you spoiling our good work.

Smh.... angry
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by luvinhubby(m): 10:49am On Jul 22, 2015
Sagamite:

So because he is a successful business man, it is justified for a delegate to bring him into diplomatic discussions.

You are a born foooool!

I bet when you were typing this your head was swelling that "AHHH! I am going to go intellectual on this OP".

Fuuktard, this rubbish made sense to you?

So because you are a Nigerian, you think you have the right to enter any venue a Nigerian president is talking to foreigners?

And if you are not allowed that is "dictatorship"?

Moronic fuuktard. Another cretin that just use terms they have heard without ever having the brain to understand it and the context in which it should be used.
Stop displaying your age & lunacy publicly.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Ebukaokeke25: 10:51am On Jul 22, 2015
Excellent! n in due course sacked if need be.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by fearless2014: 10:54am On Jul 22, 2015
luvinhubby:

Stop displaying your age & lunacy publicly.
shocked shocked
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by PointB: 11:04am On Jul 22, 2015
I think this thread is an exercise in myopia. Let's hope its a fleeting one.

And the duara dullard is exhibiting his usual dullness by pointing fingers in the path of Emefiele, he should hold his protocol details responsible, and point the fingers appropriately.

Emefiele is neither the protocol officer, nor one of Buhari's aides. Those who fall in those category ought to take responsibility for whatever lapses noted in protocol. If Buhari doesn't have enough people in those capacity, he should employ.

Nuff said!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obasanjo's Son, Oba, In Motor Accident / Okupe: Why Atiku Defeated Saraki In PDP Primaries / No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.