Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended (34570 Views)

Nigerians Protest At CBN Office Over Bad Policies Of Gov Godwin Emefiele (pics) / Emefiele Should Resign - Save Nigeria Anti-Corruption Initiative / Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by ZUBY77(m): 6:14am On Jul 22, 2015
Max24:
You are really funny, you know. You make it sound like Emefiele commited treasonable felony.So u see Buhari as a Secondary School Principal and d CBN governor his pupil that should be made to prostrate and flogged. Do u know he represents an institution and not himself. When will we allow state institutions to run themselves and be respected? So, in ur view d heads of institutions such as CBN who happens to be a professional with a mandate, EFCC, INEC and others should be bullied around by the President. Dont forget Emefiele has a job to do and how he does it remains his business. If he needed Jim Ovia there for help so be it. That is totally inconsequential. Besides, why didnt the protocol officers or security stop Jim Ovia if they were so ordered by d President? If Buhari starts sacking professionals like u suggested who will help him with d economy or u think Buharis secondary school economics is all that is needed to run Nigerias monetary policy? [b]Emiefiele is probably the most strategic person in Buharis delegation [/b]because of d institution he represents and should be so accorded - whether in Nigerias fight against BHs funding or corruption or recovery of looted funds. CBN remains d most strategic and Buhari must respect d institution if he wants results.

Thank you. You said my mind.

And for those shouting that he disobeyed his boss, all of you should just shut your mouths.
If Jim Ovia is corrupt, go after him.
So who and who are among Emefiele 's delegates?

Buhari took 39 including rogues like Rochas and Amechi. Baboons like Oshiomole and his new money laundering channel wife because they are APC. Did they go to America for Partisan Politics?
They went there for business.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by zinzane: 6:15am On Jul 22, 2015
fastguy10:
Honestly speaking I regret been a Nigerian
God 4bid in my next world I will be a Nigerian
God 4bid bad tin
Sorry to Burst your Bubble...There is no next world.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by ZUBY77(m): 6:18am On Jul 22, 2015
blueseacats:
No he is not, but the order by the president is " do not invite any business man with you to the Washington trip" and ovia is MD of Zenith bank if am not mistaken, moreover having the MD of a bank as the good friend of apex bank boss is a very troublesome situation. American public will protest if they ever find out that Reserve bank chairman and say , chase bank boss are pals, that's not good for the economy. Am developing love for buhari .

Shut your smelly gutter there. What do you know.
This is why your country never grow.
CBN is an independent institution. It will remain there long after Buhari is gone.
How can you ask a lawyer not to bring his secretary to the court?

Tell your old man that this is not a military regime where he expects everyone to obey his words.
He can go ahead and suspend him and replace him with another Ibrahim Daura for all we care.
We are all in this mess together.

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 22, 2015
TalkDirect:
My good friend, you and I have already been born as Nigerians. We have two choices; 1. Continue to regret being a Nigerian and let things go further downhill or 2. Change our mindset and accept the fact we have a part to play in fixing Nigeria. As for you coming in your 'next life', sorry, no such thing will happen. I choose option 2. And you?
I love Nigeria, but those that don't still have options bro, they can run to other countries where teenagers and youths have laid down their lives in the past , to guarantee a better future which most of us are struggling for visa to go and enjoy.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Degis(m): 6:20am On Jul 22, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

www.nairaland.com/2467498/shocking-illegal-new-jamb-eligibility

Your mates are having their own discussion there ^^.

Go join up as this topic surpasses your intellectual level.

Run along!

I talk before say you no well.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by eluquenson(m): 6:26am On Jul 22, 2015
Very correct, this man need to be punished for all the harsh financial policies, cash deposit charges need to be reverted too.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 22, 2015
ZUBY77:

CBN is an independent institution. It will remain there long after Buhari is gone.

Tell your old man that this is not a military regime where he expects everyone to obey his words.
He can go ahead and suspend him and replace him with another Ibrahim Daura for all we care.
You can teach me what I don't know actually, maybe I can learn a thing or two from you .buhari can replace him with another sanusi that don't bother me much, but if the president can't do much about getting ride of him that's actually bad for Nigeria, why in the should he smuggle a business man into the entourage, if buhari needed business men he could have extended invitations to dangote, adenuga, ovia not excluded and the likes of them.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by oluwaahmed: 6:28am On Jul 22, 2015
I tot PMB had balls, why run to America 4 dis & dat? Yes I knw dey sponsored his electn bt Nigeria shd be old enuff 4 her leaders 2 b independent. If Godwin shd be removed it shd be on smetin like incompetence. Personally I Dnt see wat he is doin der. Yestday d naira exchanged @ 190 to a dollar but aboki's still sell 4 240. Why? NOI dat was critisised did nt let d economy get dis bad. D price of evrytin is up, nija now has more poor pple, scraped 4rm d middle class. It's gradually bcomin high class & low class, no middle class. PMB shd concentrate his efforts on tins like dis. We all know it was idiagbon dat was his muscle, so he shd stop actin tough & do wat we elected him 2 do. So far he has only enjoyed wat d past admin left him; from Nlng tax to function power stations dat nau increase electricity output. PMB & his crew can deceive sme of d pple all d time, but nt all d pple.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by ogawisdom(m): 6:29am On Jul 22, 2015
Afam4eva:
Once again Buhari has registered his resolve to be a no nonsense person and he reiterated that by taking what seemed as a jibe at the CBN governor for inviting Jim Ovia which means that Emefiele flouted the directive by the president not to invite any Nigerian business man for the occasion.

If indeed Emefiele was responsible foe the action accredited to him then i think he should be suspended by the president since the president is not empowered to remove him altogether.

I think such an action will go a long way to register it in the thick skulls of some of our politicians and civil servants that it's not business as usual. An order is an order and should not be flouted to favour certain interests.

Hw did dis dry joke make fp undecided

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by opribo(m): 6:31am On Jul 22, 2015
I've said before anybody who knows he was appointed by GEJ's govt should just respect him or herself and quietly leave their govt for them be cause whether you like it or not they must remove you under the flimsiest excuse.

its as simple as that, they need to fix their own and Emefiele must watch out for a similar treatment SLS got if not worse.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Jonwesley(m): 6:34am On Jul 22, 2015
Something is funny with the CBN Governor if he was the one that sneaked Jim Ovia his benefactor to the meeting.

While I'm not supporting the call for his suspension, flouting a presidential directive is questionable.

The CBN governor was not the only person qualified for the post at the time of his appointment by GEJ and his hurried appointment left so much to be desired. They are glaring evidences that Jim Ovia and zeniith bank are part of a system a vehicle through which the nefarious activities of the NNPC transactions were perpetuated and the president's stand on what happened there is among the reasons he wouldn't want closeness with this group of people.

There is no denying the fact that those people were a conspiracy against APC campaign and were a great support to GEJ the CBN governor inclusive and would do anything to support Jonathan for etching his name among that prestige CBN governors.

They are harlots, who want to eat from all sides. How do you expect the president to feel when some body who bank rolled an opposition party(PDP) to be with him on such visit uninvited. Whatever it is at the end, the CBN governor has exposed himself as a mole in the scheme of things in this administration.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by opribo(m): 6:35am On Jul 22, 2015
I've said before anybody who knows he was appointed by GEJ's govt should just respect him or herself and quietly leave their govt for them be cause whether you like it or not they must remove you under the flimsiest excuse.
Its as simple as that, they need to fix their own and Emefiele must watch out for a similar treatment SLS got if not worse.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by thewarrior72: 6:38am On Jul 22, 2015
afam4ever has always been an inconsequential MUMU, even when he was a Mod undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 22, 2015
ZUBY77:

Independent institution? Yes but a sitting president decides who comes or goes, http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/obama-to-name-yellen-as-federal-reserve-chairman-on-wednesday/2013/10/08/d9a0ac72-306a-11e3-bbed-a8a60c601153_story.html why our country is not growing ? There are many reasons, some because we don't know allow who the cap fit wear it, and we don't follow examples laid by those countries that have grown and lastly we don't know what public office holders are expected to do.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by just9Girian: 6:44am On Jul 22, 2015
ApexTitan:
Some Nigerians are foolish beyond measure it is shocking.
What is all this? There I was thinking I was coming to read an opinion piece about the CBN chief's questionable running of the apex bank and the dwindling value of the naira against the dollar only to be confronted by this most trivial of all issues! So the governor "invited" Jim Ovia against the president's wishes to a meeting with American businessmen and so this is what is causing sleepless nights? Of all the pressing matters that can be and should be tabled regarding the economy and CBN's role in it it is who gets to attend a presidential party that bothers us the most?!
Obviously the euphoria of this American visit by Buhari has left many people giddy, that's why non issues like this take center stage!
This is shamefully pedestrian!
seriously I am disappointed with the level of ignorance displayed here, first by the poster and by other irrational PMB fanatics, how can you suggest the sacking of the CBN governor because he invited a buisiness mogul to a business meeting, between is Emefiele one PMB's aide, because the last time I checked PMB gave that odrer to his aides, this is the more reason , nigerian still have a long way to go because we lack rational people, only people filled with ethnic bigotry, now that PMB is in power the constitution has empowered the nigerian president to suspend the CBN governor, I still remember the big mouthed. So called emir of kano, sanusi who got the office as a reward for bringing GEJ govt down. Only time will tell. Now that we a celebrating PMB personal lifestlye and forgetting his arrant display of incompetence and directionless, we awaits his arrival from heaven(USA). Let him keep running helter skelter in search of help. Next will be ISIS headquarters since they are now linked to boko boy.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by fulanimafia: 6:47am On Jul 22, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:

God bless you bro,don't mind simi illiterates shocked some semi-literate people here talking crap,How many jobs did mr president created create before assuming office? Fire ko,suspend ni. Even the president can't do without our businessmen and women. If the CBN governor are is not allowed to includes include our businessmen on that invitation that has to do with business and developments,job creation and the economy, I wonder if mr president want wants only those Talibans around.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 22, 2015
Did he commit any crime by inviting Jim ovia?Wetin dey worry buhari sef.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by fulanimafia: 6:49am On Jul 22, 2015
otunsman:
Did he commit any crime by inviting Jim ovia?Wetin dey worry buhari sef.

His crime is deliberately flouting the Presidents instruction which could jeopardize his plans.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by chiwuike20: 6:50am On Jul 22, 2015
Afam4eva:
Once again Buhari has registered his resolve to be a no nonsense person and he reiterated that by taking what seemed as a jibe at the CBN governor for inviting Jim Ovia which means that Emefiele flouted the directive by the president not to invite any Nigerian business man for the occasion.

If indeed Emefiele was responsible foe the action accredited to him then i think he should be suspended by the president since the president is not empowered to remove him altogether.

I think such an action will go a long way to register it in the thick skulls of some of our politicians and civil servants that it's not business as usual. An order is an order and should not be flouted to favour certain interests.

why Emefiele for inviting Jim Ovia, what about who invited Wale Tinubu? At first glance one would think you have the interest of the country at heart, but a closer look unveils u as an ethnic aggressor.

come to think of it, does Emefiele's invitation of Jim Ovia so bad as to warrant his suspension? At least he wasn't there at the expense of the country's purse, rather he came there by invitation. for your information, countless Nigerians in America come to see Buhari and his entourage unofficially on daily basis, what then makes Jim and Wale's coming a problem.

Having spoken this, I must add that this whole story of Jim and Wale coming to America to see our visiting delegation without Buhari's notice is doubtful, since the information is coming from the most unreliable source, Sahara reporters
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by demio007: 6:52am On Jul 22, 2015
Grand plan to put a Fulani, thats all. enough said!!! CBN guy is from the east!!!

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by luvinhubby(m): 6:55am On Jul 22, 2015
clemmonce:
I thought you were educated. was the CBN governor there on his on own accord or he went there with Buhari? answer this. You followed your boss to a place and your boss told don't bring anybody along ooo. you now went ahead and brought someone. is it right or wrong. If it were to an open party everybody is invited buhari can't stop anybody but this time it is not.
If you had sense you should have known that the event was organised by a council & the guests, including Jim Ovia, were their's & not Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by ezenonso: 6:57am On Jul 22, 2015
The guy is too pro bank but anti people
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by jimmy101231(m): 6:58am On Jul 22, 2015
Una just they run una mouth waiting buhari pinkin find go US in the firstplace

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by youngalex(m): 6:58am On Jul 22, 2015
Buhari and His Team are bereft of Ideas when it comes to business,trade and investment in Nigeria,Do you know how many US businessmen Jim Ovia has business relationship with? If those businessmen request his presence since the discourse is about business in Nigeria,Will Buhari and his Team throw him out?...Arrant Nonsense,A similar scenario transpired during Obama Inauguration where Two I.Vs was sent to Nigeria,The ambassador took one and gave the president one,The then Foreign Affairs Minister demanded the I.V from the ambassador he insisted he won't grant him that passage,Suprisingly on the inaurguration day Dr.Ojo Maduekwe was sighted inside white house via The Havard Alumni Connection,Don't be suprised that Jim Ovia knows those businessmen more than all those delegates put together.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by ERODEDEAST(f): 6:58am On Jul 22, 2015
grabs:
Buhari is an ancestral spirit and an affliction on this country. So unfortunate he is our president.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by cupidhero(m): 7:05am On Jul 22, 2015
I will be very glad if he sacks the CBN dude. Buhari needs to sack all easterners ASAP. Mofos.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Adebowale89(m): 7:05am On Jul 22, 2015
Jim ovia is a Nigerian as well, so buhari should let go and pardon Emefiele
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by funkiebully: 7:11am On Jul 22, 2015
Something is not right with d OP head. I think long hibernation period has caused some damage. Why not ask for thiefnubuu head since He invited wale tinubu as well.

Mtcheeeew Ifeajuna!
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by OPCNAIRALAND: 7:20am On Jul 22, 2015
PMB has drawn the line and said over and over again that the people that participated in Jonathan's free for all corruption and contributed to the financial ruin of the nation are to stay on the outside perimeter of the drawn line.

Which part of this message is Emefiele and Ovia not clear on?
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by reuben79: 7:28am On Jul 22, 2015
kettykin:
Government of the north, if Emefiele is suspended for bringing Jim Ovia his former boss into a high profile meeting then what happens to the people that brought in wale tinubu.

I think Emefiele did the right thing by bringing in his former boss who through his business know how grew a small bank to be the biggest in nigeria and 7th biggest in Africa . If these business men can not change nigerian business climate there is nothing American business men can do.

Buhari needs as much business men as possible, this segregation will ruin him.
when people talking right u always taking left dust bin brain r u.so wale Tinubu is government officer? tribalism as made u blind totally
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by brownlinks(m): 7:35am On Jul 22, 2015
fastguy10:
Honestly speaking I regret been a Nigerian
God 4bid in my next world I will be a Nigerian
God 4bid bad tin

Never ever regret why God placed you in any country or tribe because HE has the reason for everything HE does. What if you were born into Rwanda, Afganistan, Iraq or born an slowpoke?
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Happiness87(f): 7:38am On Jul 22, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
I'm sorry you are wrong.
There are times when we need to condemn the actions of PMB because they don't promote our country Interest.

PMB had a dinner with American businessmen and he excluded the nigeria businessmen maybe because of politics or personal reasons but what will Nigerian politicians discuss with American technocrats and businessmen when the main employers of labour in Nigeria are being sidelined.

Every foreign Investor needs a local partner to give them a detailed guideline about how to manage his investment in the country he is investing in.

Emefiele cannot be blame because we don't have every available evidence that he was the one that invited jim Ovia.

The Chief protocol officer should be sacked rather for not being able to manage the president itinenary

Before we go on, please remember that SR reported that PMB said buisnessmen shouldn't be allowed in and was also quick to use Emefiele as a scapegoat when its *Onyoko meter* detected jim Ovia. I smell set-up
swthrt, wetin your mama chop born you.

babe You get brains, kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of President Buhari And Ganduje / Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing / Photos From President Jonathan's Visit To IBB In Minna Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.