Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,691 members, 7,813,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima (52764 Views)

Governor Kashim Shettima Harvests Cucumbers From His Farm (Photos) / Throwback Picture Of Governor Kashim Shettima / My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by 2kris(m): 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2015
kingwhiz:

why can't you just do your studies for once and stop spilling lies you heard people say around....
you are very wrong..

'enough said!
u are the one who really needs to do ur research...prophet mohamed forcefully converted the pagans in mecca and the whole arab world,likewise uthman danfodio...try and buy the book w s moshay wrote on islam and get the point clear

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2015
Dnarvaez:
Whether they refuse to talk or not, that is definitely no business of mine. But all I know - muslims are bloodsuckers (leeches). They are happily carrying on the legacy of muhammad s.a.w and they won't stop until they have completely accomplished their mission.

So from the actions of less than 2% out of 1.7billion you drew your conclusion? OK We shall wait and see what happened at the end God watch and hears all you said and will surely question you on your false accusation.

Meanwhile check these:

[b]1. Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the [holy man] who represents God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged. Deuteronomy17:12

2. I will fill your mountains with the dead. Your hills, your valleys, and your streams will be filled with people slaughtered by the sword. I will make you desolate forever. Your cities will never be rebuilt. Then you will know that I am God. Ezekiel 35:7-9

3. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother-in-law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. Matthew 10:34-35

4. Make ready to slaughter [the infidel’s] sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. Isaiah 14:21

5. Then I heard God say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children.” Ezekiel 9:5

6. Keep [my holiday], for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die. Exodus 31:12-15

7. If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. Leviticus 20:10

8. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. Numbers 31: 17-18

9. A [holy man’s] daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. Leviticus 21:9

10. Everyone who would not seek God was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. 2 Chronicles 15:12-13

11. But if [a girl wasn't a virgin on her wedding night] and evidence of the girl's virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her father’s house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against God’s people by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. Deuteronomy 22:20-21

12. If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. Deuteronomy 13:7-12

13. Cursed be he who does God’s work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. Jeremiah 48:10

14. Anyone who blasphemes God’s name must be stoned to death by the whole community of [believers]. Leviticus 24:16

15. Anyone else who goes too near the [Holy Place] will be executed. Numbers 1: 51[/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2015
excusemyfrench:
God bless you. That religion is a religion of blood suckers. They enjoy killing.

Pls go and do your research well. And what do you call the following:

[b]1. Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the [holy man] who represents God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged. Deuteronomy17:12

2. I will fill your mountains with the dead. Your hills, your valleys, and your streams will be filled with people slaughtered by the sword. I will make you desolate forever. Your cities will never be rebuilt. Then you will know that I am God. Ezekiel 35:7-9

3. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother-in-law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. Matthew 10:34-35

4. Make ready to slaughter [the infidel’s] sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. Isaiah 14:21

5. Then I heard God say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children.” Ezekiel 9:5

6. Keep [my holiday], for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die. Exodus 31:12-15

7. If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. Leviticus 20:10

8. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. Numbers 31: 17-18

9. A [holy man’s] daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. Leviticus 21:9

10. Everyone who would not seek God was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. 2 Chronicles 15:12-13

11. But if [a girl wasn't a virgin on her wedding night] and evidence of the girl's virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her father’s house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against God’s people by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. Deuteronomy 22:20-21

12. If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. Deuteronomy 13:7-12

13. Cursed be he who does God’s work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. Jeremiah 48:10

14. Anyone who blasphemes God’s name must be stoned to death by the whole community of [believers]. Leviticus 24:16

15. Anyone else who goes too near the [Holy Place] will be executed. Numbers 1: 51[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by NobleG1(m): 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2015
Because they're bunch of p*ussies! Either they're scared of being killed by BH or they support BH!

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2015
LastProphet:

From today i. Want u to know that any Muslims claiming peace is a fake Muslim and shekau and other terrorists have repeatedly exposed that fact by quoting directly from the koran which clearly asks Muslims to kill infidels (others). So if u see any Muslim claiming to be a moderate don't waste your time he is just saying that for political acceptance, he is a fake Muslim and that is why you see that bokoharam doesn't spare them too in their attacks. Any intelligent Muslim know they have no religion but fear keeps them in line just as shetimma described

Based on your arguments it implies also all Christians are fake because they do not follow what is in the bible as stated below:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2015
YakubuA:
[s]So from the actions of less than 2% out of 1.7billion you drew your conclusion? OK We shall wait and see what happened at the end God watch and hears all you said and will surely question you on your false accusation.

Meanwhile check these:

15. Anyone else who goes too near the [Holy Place] will be executed. Numbers 1: 51[/b][/s]
Where did you conjure this enormous piece of figmented rubbish from?
Don't tell its the bible I read cos I'm sure as hell its not! Oh maybe your worthless qu'ran?
Again muhammad & his stone (allah) are crying in hell. If you're pained,
go hit your head on a brick wall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by excusemyfrench(m): 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2015
YakubuA:

Pls go and do your research well. And what do you call the following:

don't try to paint your terrorist religion white. You guys are all potential terrorists. Most of what you wrote are verses from the old testament. There's a new testament that changed all that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by illiad: 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
Teekrayne:
........... Wetin dis arindin dey talk?
Awon tojumilo Nle yin larindi

Ode omo ode
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 2:14pm On Jul 27, 2015
Jagoon:

You are the one talking rubbish everything he said is 100% fact. Islam was founded on violence and the first islamic terrorist was mohamed himself.

You are wrong. If your claim is true then majority of Muslims will be violent but what we see is contrary to that. There are over 1.7billion Muslims in this world and those with the wrong understanding are less than 2%. Please do not allow hatred to becloud your reasoning.

Meanwhile what do you say to the following:

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Obiwiz(m): 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2015
please what is jihad?
Is it right for me to try to copy 50yr old man who had carnal knowledge of a 9yr old girl?

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by mustymatic(m): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
mrborntodoit:
There is some atom of truth in what shettima said but the fact still remains that "SILENCE IS CONSENT"

So they are in one way or the other supporting the ideologie by keeping quiet .
LEARN SOME ENGLISH, YOU'LL UNDERSTAND BETTER
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by mustymatic(m): 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
kelsgal:
Really? So they are not ready to die because of the truth
Are you?
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Lukay99: 2:28pm On Jul 27, 2015
sonofananimal1:
I KNOW THAT ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF VIOLENCE,

CHECK ALL OVER THE WORLD, THERE ARE NOW CALLED ISLAMIC SET.
I EVEN HEAR THAT MUHAMMED STARTED ALL THIS, KILLING PEOPLE, FORCING THEM TO WORSHIP BOX, KILLING CHILDREN ON TOP,

You know very little about Islam and Prophet Muhammad(saw) why don't you try and educate yourself about the real Islam and biography of Prophet Muhammad(saw), as a Muslim I will not blame God or Jesus when some of this fake Pastors(business Man) uses or abuse God or Jesus by saying God told them to do so and so for the congregation by exploiting the congregation in the process what I'm trying to say is Boko Haram are doing the same thing by using Islam as a tool to gain support of ignorant Muslims

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by bigiyaro(m): 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2015
YakubuA:

Really? What is your evidence? Meanwhile check the followings in the bible:

all dis ur long epistle does not change d fact dat Islam is a very brutal n violent religion, Muhammed alone fougt over 300 wars, u r here quoting bible, did i say i was a Christian? More I've known Christians to be very peaceful folks. Its only a Muslim man dat can put a bomb on an innocent little girl in d name of doin wat mohammed instructed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by zicoraads: 2:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
YakubuA...you sound very intelligent, so, I will engage you.

Now, when you quoted me, all of the examples you gave were from the old testament. I will attempt to answer some of your questions, but I want you to understand that I am not a christian scholar, so, I don't know the entire Bible as it were.

What most believers and even none believers fail to realise is that, did rules as regards the worship of God ever change in the Bible? The answer is a resounding yes. Yes, the rules changed. And these rules changed with the coming and death of Jesus Christ.

In the beginning, Gen 1; man was a vegetarian. When God made a new covenant with Noah, man was allowed to eat both clean and unclean meat. And then with Moses, the rules of eating meat became stricter. And in heaven, we will be vegetarians again, as no form of killing will be allowed.

Now for Christians, when a new covenant comes about, certain rules regarding the worship of God are either changed, modified or affirmed. Some of these covenants are the Edenic, Noahic and the new one in Christ's blood.

So, God's rules to man can change at various times, but God's character has never, ever changed.

With regards to all the passages you quoted from the old testament, if you look at Mathew 5; Jesus Christ addressed some of the covenants that God made with Moses. For instance He said that, 'it has been said that eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth'...which meant that if anyone offends or does anything to you, do it back to the person in equal measure. But Jesus Christ said that, if a man touches your left cheek, turn the other one for the person. If a man wants to take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. That teaches you everything about peace and humility. He also said that, 'it has been said that love your neighbour and hate your enemy'. But I tell you to love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. All what he was addressing were bible verses from the old testament. These are just a few examples, I believe that the issue of killing and killing were addressed in the new testament. For instance, in the covenant God made with Moses, it was imperative that a woman who commits adultery be stoned. But when an adulterous woman was brought before Jesus, he asked anyone without sin to cast the first stone. And told the woman to go and sin no more. He was trying to send a message of forgiveness. Jesus Christ was the new covenant, which is why most of Christians teachings and lifestyle are modelled after Him.

And in Mathew chapter 10 that you cited, I believe you missed the entire point of the Bible message. And that, am afraid, is where I usually have to argue with my Muslim friends. Some Bible messages are not meant to be interpreted literally. So, you cannot just read the bible and assume to know what Christianity is all about. For instance, in that passage, Christ was passing a message to His followers that if you must be a true christian, then be ready to have certain misunderstandings with people you are close with. Because some of them will hate and despise you for what you believe in. So, the issue of a 'sword' is not the sword you kill people with. He was referring to the discord, the disharmony that will exist between loved ones.

Generally speaking though, rules apply unless done away with in the new covenant. In other words, each covenant is seen as part of a greater covenant that now has modifications where the rules are still in effect unless modified by Christ in the new testament.

Now the above are the reasons why it is very difficult for Christians to embrace any form of violence in the guise of religion.

I haven't read the Quran, but I have been made to understand that it is very similar to the old testament. And that is where the 'problem' lie. Because for any religion whose teachings and actions are strictly based on the old testament, there will be some form of violence.

Someone quoted some of the world wars and conflicts in society and ascribed those conflicts to christians. I think it is a very wrong thing to do. And even if they were christians, these wars were fought strictly on selfish interests or in the case of Nagasaki, to put an end to Hitler's madness. These wars were not religious wars as is the case with most of these terrorist groups. And none of those that started all the wars cited any passage of the bible to back up their actions.

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
bonechamberlain:
Islam, don't know if it is a religion or a cult. how can there not be a problem when the foundation was built on violence. Muhammed started it fighting and forcefully converting people, uthman Dan fodio brought the. nonsense to Nigeria fighting and also forcefully converting people, and we called that religion of peace. why Christians aren't violent is because the foundation was based on peace and love for one another. Christ came, instead of staying to enjoy with his peacefully converted brothers he choose to die for us, the Europeans came into Nigeria despite all their selfish desires no body was forcefully converted. we have various bodies in Christianity but none preaches violence. in islam if there are 10, six preaches jihad ( violence). pls u guys ( Muslims) should go and some soul searching and be sure u are in the right place.
What you people gain from telling lies is what I can't really comprehend..Anyway,may God almighty the creator or heaven and earth reward you accordinging with what you posted above...
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by mustymatic(m): 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
Dnarvaez:

Where did you conjure this enormous piece of figmented rubbish from?
Don't tell its the bible I read cos I'm sure as hell its not! Oh maybe your worthless qu'ran?
Again muhammad & his stone (allah) are crying in hell. If you're pained,
go hit your head on a brick wall.
this guy doesn't know the Bible grin
Na only d rubbish wey pastor tell u in order to tek ur money na him u know

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by mrborntodoit: 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
mustymatic:

LEARN SOME ENGLISH, YOU'LL UNDERSTAND BETTER

You are daft
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2015
mohammedmagnus:
Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W). Said there would be a time when holding on to your religion would be like holding on to Hot coal. My muslim brothers and sisters we are in that period. This extremists would continue bombing, by the time they are thru half of the d muslim population with "weak emaan" would have converted to christianity or more so run into hiding for the fear of verbal attack or worst physical harm, from those who have been criticising islam from the beginning of time. Then we the true muslims in both "appearance and imaan" would be persecuted both physically and online. BH, ISIL, shabab, are not really after christianity. They are after killing we "peaceful muslims off" they want to topple the saudi goverment cause they are peaceful. The saudi goverment like 3 weeks ago. Arrested over 400 suspected isis followers in saudi. Just like how the Kharijittes were causing problems for Ali ibn Talib (RA). That's wats happening now. Some people converted to islam just to loot and fight wars. That's exactly wat is on display. My muslim brothers and sisters let's not be bothered abt the comments of the christians. Let's be bothered about doing dawah, changing the perception of islam to the few we can. In sydney Australia it is said at least two women revert to islam every week. Meanwhile in a country like nigeria, see ladies removing their hijab so they can be "Hip". For my christian brothers if you keep depending on hearse u wouldn't know islam. Read Read. For the road to hell is very Wide and paved with ease and comfort. But the road to heaven is paved with sacrificing ones desire, remembering ones lord constantly. No one owns the rights to heaven. Keep that in mind. For on that day jesus would deny a lot of you. Peace

Thank you my brother. The comments of these Christians are baseless and all lack sincerity for if they are sincere they should do their research well and understand Islam and when they do that they will realise that those involve in such acts are wrong according to Islam. But they are not sincere since they Judge Islam based on the actions of less than 2% of the Muslims which is absolutely wrong by all standard.

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Bnladan(m): 2:48pm On Jul 27, 2015
shalomm:

That is why the world will be a better place without Islam.....

Just look at the bolded word.
U knw nothn bout Islam. All u knw is but wat u here frm non-muslims, d biased media nd d anti-islams.

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 2:51pm On Jul 27, 2015
bigiyaro:
all dis ur long epistle does not change d fact dat Islam is a very brutal n violent religion, Muhammed alone fougt over 300 wars, u r here quoting bible, did i say i was a Christian? More I've known Christians to be very peaceful folks. Its only a Muslim man dat can put a bomb on an innocent little girl in d name of doin wat mohammed instructed.

This means you did not get the message. All the verses quoted were from the bible and are meant to be followed by those who believe in the bible. So either the Christians who do not follows these verses are wrong or the bible is wrong. I will rather assume that the Christians are not following the injunctions unless of course if they say the bible is wrong.

Now on your point above I am sure you will agree with me that it is possible for people to misunderstood instructions. I am not saying the people who do this acts are right but it is equally wrong to attribute their wrong understanding to Islam. If their understanding is correct according to Islam then most of the Muslims if not all will have engage in the same acts but what we see is less than 2% of the Muslims (over 1.7billions). By all standard it is wrong to judge Islam based on the action of less than 2%.

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by damyzino(m): 2:56pm On Jul 27, 2015
kestolove95:
Nice...but tell buhari to call his boyz to order
next time u think before u comment
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by bukster(f): 3:02pm On Jul 27, 2015
quickly:
Arabs or europeans cannot try nonsense with Asians or Chinese. Only dumb africans thar r swallowing ot her ppl culture and neglecting their own.

Why would an africans be killing themselves because of stories from arab land.

the fool s say they r fighting for God.

can an ant fight for man. In the sense that comparing the fact that man can destroy am ant at will

So also man cannot fight for God. The earth we live in is a small dot in the universe

Ordinary one meteor or can destroy the world
That's not true. Indonesians and Malaysians are Muslim and they are Asians. There are 27 million Chinese Muslims living in China today which is more than many fully Muslim countries. There are about 40 million Chinese Christians living in China and even more who live abroad. More than 29% of South Korea's population is Christian and almost 100% of the Philippines population is Christian.

I don't know why you say that Nigerians have forsaken our culture when it is simply not true. How many countries today do citizens still wear their native clothes regularly? How many countries are there where people still do their traditional weddings instead of just the imported white wedding?
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by zicoraads: 3:05pm On Jul 27, 2015
YakubuA...did you see my response? I would like you to post a reply to it, or not?

By the way, are you familiar with Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses?'

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by mjb05(m): 3:07pm On Jul 27, 2015
illiad:
They're not talking because the terrorists are also Muslims
did u understand wat u read @ all, think b4 u talk
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by mohammedmagnus: 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
YakubuA:

Thank you my brother. The comments of these Christians are baseless and all lack sincerity for if they are sincere they should do their research well and understand Islam and when they do that they will realise that those involve in such acts are wrong according to Islam. But they are not sincere since they Judge Islam based on the actions of less than 2% of the Muslims which is absolutely wrong by all standard.
its not just sincerity it a generational "disease" most of them are designed like that by default. That's why the Quran tells us not to stress ourselves for they would never listen. I just pity them because the blaspheme and slander the name of an innocent messenger. Muhammed (S.A.W), and slandering is a big sin with even bigger consequences. May Allah (S.W.T) continue to strengthening us to better understand and "appreciate" the Deen. And live by it, so we won't be termed hypocrites on that day. Cos there's no much difference from an unserious muslim and a christian

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by mu2sa2: 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2015
LastProphet:

How did it start in central africa mr educated? why did u omit that? So the catholics in ireland kill each other because of religion? So in your warped muslim way of thinking a mr joseph that raped a woman did it for Jesus Christ and is compared to Bokoharam or real muslims that kill ONLY BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY ARE FULIFILING THE BIDDINGS OF MOHAMMMED? So the 2 are the same? Somebody that killed another to steal his money is the same like someone that killed another because mohammed said he should kill infidels? This is why all fake muslims are morooons
In your disoriented mind boko haram are killing for Mohammed. Where did Mohammed say boko haram or anybody else should kill innocent people?
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
The man make a lot of sense.
Many of these sholars are afraid of been their target and probably got killed.
lies, what of d once outside borno wher ther is no boko haram hv they said anything or r they preaching against it kno

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by bigiyaro(m): 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
YakubuA:

This means you did not get the message. All the verses quoted were from the bible and are meant to be followed by those who believe in the bible. So either the Christians who do not follows these verses are wrong or the bible is wrong. I will rather assume that the Christians are not following the injunctions unless of course if they say the bible is wrong.

Now on your point above I am sure you will agree with me that it is possible for people to misunderstood instructions. I am not saying the people who do this acts are right but it is equally wrong to attribute their wrong understanding to Islam. If their understanding is correct according to Islam then most of the Muslims if not all will have engage in the same acts but what we see is less than 2% of the Muslims (over 1.7billions). By all standard it is wrong to judge Islam based on the action of less than 2%.
u no get work ni?am not judgin anybody o, i am jst talkin abt how islam n islamic guys r killin n destroyin everytin in sigt in d name of allah, or am i lieing?

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2015
zicoraads:
YakubuA...you sound very intelligent, so, I will engage you.

Now, when you quoted me, all of the examples you gave were from the old testament. I will attempt to answer some of your questions, but I want you to understand that I am not a christian scholar, so, I don't know the entire Bible as it were.

What most believers and even none believers fail to realise is that, did rules as regards the worship of God ever change in the Bible? The answer is a resounding yes. Yes, the rules changed. And these rules changed with the coming and death of Jesus Christ.

In the beginning, Gen 1; man was a vegetarian. When God made a new covenant with Noah, man was allowed to eat both clean and unclean meat. And then with Moses, the rules of eating meat became stricter. And in heaven, we will be vegetarians again, as no form of killing will be allowed.

Now for Christians, when a new covenant comes about, certain rules regarding the worship of God are either changed, modified or affirmed. Some of these covenants are the Edenic, Noahic and the new one in Christ's blood.

So, God's rules to man can change at various times, but God's character has never, ever changed.

With regards to all the passages you quoted from the old testament, if you look at Mathew 5; Jesus Christ addressed some of the covenants that God made with Moses. For instance He said that, 'it has been said that eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth'...which meant that if anyone offends or does anything to you, do it back to the person in equal measure. But Jesus Christ said that, if a man touches your left cheek, turn the other one for the person. If a man wants to take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. That teaches you everything about peace and humility. He also said that, 'it has been said that love your neighbour and hate your enemy'. But I tell you to love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. All what he was addressing were bible verses from the old testament. These are just a few examples, I believe that the issue of killing and killing were addressed in the new testament. For instance, in the covenant God made with Moses, it was imperative that a woman who commits adultery be stoned. But when an adulterous woman was brought before Jesus, he asked anyone without sin to cast the first stone. And told the woman to go and sin no more. He was trying to send a message of forgiveness. Jesus Christ was the new covenant, which is why most of Christians teachings and lifestyle are modelled after Him.

And in Mathew chapter 10 that you cited, I believe you missed the entire point of the Bible message. And that, am afraid, is where I usually have to argue with my Muslim friends. Some Bible messages are not meant to be interpreted literally. So, you cannot just read the bible and assume to know what Christianity is all about. For instance, in that passage, Christ was passing a message to His followers that if you must be a true christian, then be ready to have certain misunderstandings with people you are close with. Because some of them will hate and despise you for what you believe in. So, the issue of a 'sword' is not the sword you kill people with. He was referring to the discord, the disharmony that will exist between loved ones.

Generally speaking though, rules apply unless done away with in the new covenant. In other words, each covenant is seen as part of a greater covenant that now has modifications where the rules are still in effect unless modified by Christ in the new testament.

Now the above are the reasons why it is very difficult for Christians to embrace any form of violence in the guise of religion.

I haven't read the Quran, but I have been made to understand that it is very similar to the old testament. And that is where the 'problem' lie. Because for any religion whose teachings and actions are strictly based on the old testament, there will be some form of violence.

Someone quoted some of the world wars and conflicts in society and ascribed those conflicts to christians. I think it is a very wrong thing to do. And even if they were christians, these wars were fought strictly on selfish interests or in the case of Nagasaki, to put an end to Hitler's madness. These wars were not religious wars as is the case with most of these terrorist groups. And none of those that started all the wars cited any passage of the bible to back up their actions.

If the sword is not real what about the blood is it also not real blood? What about the crusade when they enter Jerusalem? According to the Christian history when the crusade enter Jerusalem flood flow like rain water. Whose blood was it? The Muslims blood. Who spilled it? The Christians.

Furthermore Matthew 5 says:

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

The above reaffirm that the old testament is still part of the Christian doctrine.

Finally my point is that if someone interpret the verse of the bible literally and carryout a heinous act will you condemn Christianity or the bible? I am sure your answer is NO. Why? Because you will say it is the fault of the person who misunderstood the verse.

In the same way those who engage in the acts of killing innocent people misunderstood the verses of the Quran and they are less than 2% of the Muslim population so why do you crucify Islam and Muslims because of the misunderstanding of less than 2% of them?

We Muslims never blamed Christianity or bible or Jesus when the crusade massacred the Muslims in Jerusalem but we blame only those who participated in the acts and also believe that they did not understood Jesus message.

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
mohammedmagnus:
its not just sincerity it a generational "disease" most of them are designed like that by default. That's why the Quran tells us not to stress ourselves for they would never listen. I just pity them because the blaspheme and slander the name of an innocent messenger. Muhammed (S.A.W), and slandering is a big sin with even bigger consequences. May Allah (S.W.T) continue to strengthening us to better understand and "appreciate" the Deen. And live by it, so we won't be termed hypocrites on that day. Cos there's no much difference from an unserious muslim and a christian

Ameen.
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by stephmike(m): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
D gov is telling d truth, let apc-led government try wot shettima is say. dey knw d root of d problem dan can imagine. God bless 9ja.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Video Of President-Elect Bola Tinubu At The National Mosque Yesterday / Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable / A Lady Tattooed Bola Tinubu On Her Back (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.