Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima (52781 Views)

Governor Kashim Shettima Harvests Cucumbers From His Farm (Photos) / Throwback Picture Of Governor Kashim Shettima / My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Teekrayne(m): 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
kestolove95:
Nice...but tell buhari to call his boyz to order
........... You must not be shabbily dressed before you are addressed as a mad man..... I admire your foolishness....
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Teekrayne(m): 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
illiad:
They're not talking because the terrorists are also Muslims
........... Wetin dis arindin dey talk?
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by KINGLARY: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2015
It now looks as if no one talks about the sponsors of bh. bh if still very far from being tackled if their issue of sponsorship is nt addressed

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by agabaI23(m): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
He should have said all these when the media was pulling down GEJ's administration. No he wouldn't because they needed it to get to Aso Rock. All the admonitions from the government were falling on deaf ears. Now he wants to talk. It is karma.

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Teekrayne(m): 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
bonechamberlain:
Islam, don't know if it is a religion or a cult. how can there not be a problem when the foundation was built on violence. Muhammed started it fighting and forcefully converting people, uthman Dan fodio brought the. nonsense to Nigeria fighting and also forcefully converting people, and we called that religion of peace. why Christians aren't violent is because the foundation was based on peace and love for one another. Christ came, instead of staying to enjoy with his peacefully converted brothers he choose to die for us, the Europeans came into Nigeria despite all their selfish desires no body was forcefully converted. we have various bodies in Christianity but none preaches violence. in islam if there are 10, six preaches jihad ( violence). pls u guys ( Muslims) should go and some soul searching and be sure u are in the right place.
........ That is how bluffers like you spread false news!!!! How sure are you of what you are saying Were you alive then And some Mumu dey even like this trash wey u post..... It easy, if you don't understand, eat poo!!!!
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Teekrayne(m): 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
bonechamberlain:
Islam, don't know if it is a religion or a cult. how can there not be a problem when the foundation was built on violence. Muhammed started it fighting and forcefully converting people, uthman Dan fodio brought the. nonsense to Nigeria fighting and also forcefully converting people, and we called that religion of peace. why Christians aren't violent is because the foundation was based on peace and love for one another. Christ came, instead of staying to enjoy with his peacefully converted brothers he choose to die for us, the Europeans came into Nigeria despite all their selfish desires no body was forcefully converted. we have various bodies in Christianity but none preaches violence. in islam if there are 10, six preaches jihad ( violence). pls u guys ( Muslims) should go and some soul searching and be sure u are in the right place.
.......... That is how bluffers like u spread bogus news all in the name of educating some akamu set of people who knows nothing but to like and share!!! That can only be done in your village since u are the only educated illiterate there!! How sure are you with the trash u posted..... I shake my head in disgust for your bleak future!!! To read is one thing, to comprehend is another....... Stop accentuating your foolishness via dis platform! We aren't comfortable with your stupidity
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Mcowubaba: 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2015
bolayod:

Luke 19:27:
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

As well as Matthew 10:34:
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Stop deceiving urself Sir, of all the debates, facts, ridicules nd issues brought about Christianity by atheist, scholars or non believers.... the Peaceful aspect of Christianity has no valid argument or Logic!!!
If u were a christian, u would hav understood those passages u quoted, but unfortunately u are Not...so explaining to u, is like pouring water on a stone..
Suit urself...the facts remains- Islam is Violent, Evil....

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by BERNIMOORE: 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
bolayod:

Deuteronomy 17:
2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant,
3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;
4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel:
5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die..
you ommited this verse; 17......... So you shall put away the evil from Israel.

The message was strictly for children of isreal and NOT Christ BELIEVERS. this cannot be said about surah 1;123 which was rightly directed to believers (of islam) and so gave room to the terrorist adopting it to justify their crime. read;

[size=14pt]Surat At-Tawbah - سورة التوبة 9:123
9:123 [b]O you who have believed, fight those adjacent to you of the disbelievers and let them find in you harshness
. And know that Allah is with the righteous[/b][/size].

''O you who have believed'' is an open statement that the terrorist adopt and they have the right to adopt it since the quaran did not specify a boundary of which it applies except forcefull denials without backing from muslims.

bolayod:
But Christians often cite Old Testament laws (for example, on homosexuality) so it can be a little hard to tell precisely what they believe.
wrong! christians based their condemnation for homosexuality strictly on NEW TESTAMENT.......1 Corinthians 6:9.... Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.…

bolayod:

The Christian relationship to the Old Testament is kind of confusing. It's often cited as the Old Law that Jesus came to fulfill, relieving (for example) the dietary requirements, and lets you treat passages like this one as no longer relevant.

Christians are not under old law through moses(torah) but rather Christian believers are justified only through 'faith in christ' and NOT according to law(torah)

Galatians 3:23-27New King James Version (NKJV) https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians+3%3A23-27

23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. 24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith . 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

jesus fuffiling of law/covenant was not the issue here but rather our faith in christ made us christians let me educate you on that;

Hebrew 7;
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment....

22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.

lets see the better covenant and how jesus fuffilled the law

Matthew 5:43-48New King James Version (NKJV)

43 “You have heard that it was said (in law) that, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I(jesus) say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you

◄ Galatians 5:14 ►

For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by quickly: 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2015
Arabs or europeans cannot try nonsense with Asians or Chinese. Only dumb africans thar r swallowing ot her ppl culture and neglecting their own.

Why would an africans be killing themselves because of stories from arab land.

the fool s say they r fighting for God.

can an ant fight for man. In the sense that comparing the fact that man can destroy am ant at will

So also man cannot fight for God. The earth we live in is a small dot in the universe

Ordinary one meteor or can destroy the world

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
Bokoharam sponsor/commander Gov Shettima deceiving the foolish.

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by BERNIMOORE: 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2015
bolayod:
There are also New Testament passages cited as justification to kill non-believers, e.g.

Luke 19:27:
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

You messed up big time grin grin grin in these Next two passages you quoted because you were in a hurry just like typical muslims who always want to justify their crime but this verses below did not support your point, you will be embarrased how you just fail an 'english language comprehension'

jesus was Not ''the certain noble man in his own analogy/story/parable who ask rebelious servants slayed''
jesus was neutral to the story
ok

now get your big lenses and read;https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+19&version=NKJV

Luke 19 V 11- 27

11 Now as they heard these things, He spoke another parable, because He was near Jerusalem and because they thought the kingdom of God would appear immediately. 12 Therefore He said: “A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and to return. 13 So he called ten of his servants, delivered to them ten minas,[b] and said to them, ‘Do business till I come.’ 14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We will not have this man to reign over us.’

15 “And so it was that when he returned, having received the kingdom, he then commanded these servants, to whom he had given the money, to be called to him, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 16 Then came the first, saying, ‘Master, your mina has earned ten minas.’ 17 And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities.’ 18 And the second came, saying, ‘Master, your mina has earned five minas.’ 19 Likewise he said to him, ‘You also be over five cities.’

20 “Then another came, saying, ‘Master, here is your mina, which I have kept put away in a handkerchief. 21 For I feared you, because you are an austere man. You collect what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’ 22 And he said to him, ‘Out of your own mouth I will judge you, you wicked servant. You knew that I was an austere man, collecting what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow. 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, that at my coming I might have collected it with interest?’

24 “And he(noble man) said to those who stood by, ‘Take the mina from him, and give it to him who has ten minas.’ 25 (But they said to him, ‘Master, he has ten minas.’) 26 ‘For I say to you, that to everyone who has will be given; and from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 27 But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.’”

you failed badly again, jesus never command christians to slay anyone

bolayod:
As well as Matthew 10:34:
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword

Thank God Jesus did not say 'to strike with sword' lets see what he mean;

prophecy about jesus in the book of isaiah describes the sword;
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+49&version=NKJV

Isaiah 49:2
And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword;
In the shadow of His hand He has hidden Me,
And made Me a polished shaft;
In His quiver He has hidden Me

jesus said here again;

Revelation 2:16
16 Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.

This cannot be said about about

quaran Surat Al-'Anfāl (The Spoils of War) سورة الأنفال http://quran.com/8/12 which directs muslim believer to directly behead, cut off, slaughter and strike a perceived umbeliever (God have mercy)

Surat Al-'Anfāl 8;12
[size=14pt]''so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Obiwiz(m): 12:51pm On Jul 27, 2015
If anything instructs you to kill, maim, hurt or illtreat a man whose only 'offense' toward you is NOT-WORSHIPPING-THE-WAY-YOU-WORSHIP, discard such a thing because it's crap and succumbing to such instruction makes you subhuman and thus, a disturbance in the ecosystem.

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 1:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
bonechamberlain:

If your assertion is true why don't we see people leaving Islam now since none of them is alive to force anyone? Rather what we see is the continual growth of Islam at a very fast rate. You obviously lack knowledge about Islam but even then if you are sincere you should be able to come up with some reasonable conclusion. There are over 1.7billion Muslims in this world and less than 2% of them are involve in this issue yet you pass your Judgment on over 1.7billions based on the action of less than 2% of them who misunderstood the message.

You also claim Christianity is build on peace so to confirm that we check the bible and all the followings are from the bible please check:

[b]1. Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the [holy man] who represents God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged. Deuteronomy17:12

2. I will fill your mountains with the dead. Your hills, your valleys, and your streams will be filled with people slaughtered by the sword. I will make you desolate forever. Your cities will never be rebuilt. Then you will know that I am God. Ezekiel 35:7-9

3. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother-in-law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. Matthew 10:34-35

4. Make ready to slaughter [the infidel’s] sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. Isaiah 14:21

5. Then I heard God say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children.” Ezekiel 9:5

6. Keep [my holiday], for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die. Exodus 31:12-15

7. If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. Leviticus 20:10

8. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. Numbers 31: 17-18

9. A [holy man’s] daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. Leviticus 21:9

10. Everyone who would not seek God was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. 2 Chronicles 15:12-13

11. But if [a girl wasn't a virgin on her wedding night] and evidence of the girl's virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her father’s house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against God’s people by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. Deuteronomy 22:20-21

12. If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. Deuteronomy 13:7-12

13. Cursed be he who does God’s work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. Jeremiah 48:10

14. Anyone who blasphemes God’s name must be stoned to death by the whole community of [believers]. Leviticus 24:16

15. Anyone else who goes too near the [Holy Place] will be executed. Numbers 1: 51[/b]

So what is your response now?

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Emyogalanya: 1:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
Growingboi:
He was awarded the 'best governor' 2014? based on mouth odour or what? inshort, i don vex he must return the award ASAP
if na aunt ngo dem go don dey shout say she no deserve am
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by txieojeds: 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
YES, YOU CAN
CLICK HERE http://realincomebiz.info/tolu
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by matrix789: 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
the three greatest movement

Judaism invented or founded by Moses
Christianity invented or founded by Jesus
Islam invented or founded by Mohammed.

2 of these movements are alike
Moses Killed
Mohammed killed
Jesus did not kill.

finally ask Israel and Palestinians what religion they practice and why so much killings between the 2.

lastly what is Religion?

Religion is God fighting for Man >>>>Christianity
Religion is Man fighting for God >>>>>Islam and Judaism
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by deemski: 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
bonechamberlain:

If anyone should be called a cultist, it would be born-again Christian. Before 911, the Christian Missionaries in my early days in Kaduna used to pass out pamphlets claiming that Muhammed (sallahu alayhi wa sallam) met with Bahira the Christian Monk and that during his travels to Syria he copied the Bible. But after 911 this theory was discarded by the billion dollar global Christian crusaders and they concocted a new claim that Islam is founded on violence. Unfortunately, Islam came after Christianity. Luke Chapter 19 verse 27 Jesus, who came 500yrs before Muhammed said, "for those mine enemies who do not want that I reign over them bring them and SLAY THEM ALL".

So, it never seizes to surprise me that Jesus is the founder of violence, yet Muhammed (sallahu alayhi wa sallam) is accused of violence. Now I would like to know the answers to the following questions:

1. Who started the First World War? Not Muslims.
2. Who started the Second World War? Not Muslims.
3. Who dropped the Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima Nagasaki? Not Muslims.
4. Who killed 20 million Aborginies in Australia? Not Muslims,
5. Who killed more than 100million Indians in North America? Not Muslims
6. Who killed more than 50 million Indians in South America? Not Muslims.
7. Who enslaved over 180 million Africans on the transatlantic slave trade; of whom 88% died and were thrown in the Atlantic Ocean? Not Muslims. Go to Badagry where the Europeans came. What a LIE that they came here peacefully. Go to Badagry where the monuments of Slave Trade are still there...talk is cheap. Stop accusing Islam and Muslims of the gross and inhumane violations that have been committed in the name of being born-again and in the name of Jesus who commanded the Christians to "SLAY THEM ALL".This nonsense of claiming "peace" is nothing but a smoking screen.
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by zicoraads: 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
Well, I have muslim friends who are terribly good and amazing, more than I can say for most of my christian friends. Still, I often tell them that something must be very wrong with your holy book if a scholar can twist the words of the Quran to suit their purposes and send girls and men on a killing spree. Because, no preacher can twist the bible, no matter how they try to, to give some of legitimacy to killing of anyone.

Christians model their lives on Christ's teachings. And He often talked about love, love and love. Love your neighbour as yourself. And you cannot kill your neighbour if you love em.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
BERNIMOORE:
you ommited this verse; 17......... So you shall put away the evil from Israel.

The message was strictly for children of isreal and NOT Christ BELIEVERS. this cannot be said about surah 1;123 which was rightly directed to believers (of islam) and so gave room to the terrorist adopting it to justify their crime. read;

''O you who have believed'' is an open statement that the terrorist adopt and they have the right to adopt it since the quaran did not specify a boundary of which it applies except forcefull denials without backing from muslims.

wrong! christians based their condemnation for homosexuality strictly on NEW TESTAMENT.......1 Corinthians 6:9.... Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.…

Christians are not under old law through moses(torah) but rather Christian believers are justified only through 'faith in christ' and NOT according to law(torah)

Galatians 3:23-27New King James Version (NKJV) https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians+3%3A23-27

jesus fuffiling of law/covenant was not the issue here but rather our faith in christ made us christians let me educate you on that;

Hebrew 7;
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment....

22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.

lets see the better covenant and how jesus fuffilled the law

Matthew 5:43-48New King James Version (NKJV)

43 “You have heard that it was said (in law) that, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I(jesus) say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you

◄ Galatians 5:14 ►

For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

What about these?

[b]1. Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the [holy man] who represents God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged. Deuteronomy17:12

2. I will fill your mountains with the dead. Your hills, your valleys, and your streams will be filled with people slaughtered by the sword. I will make you desolate forever. Your cities will never be rebuilt. Then you will know that I am God. Ezekiel 35:7-9

3. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother-in-law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. Matthew 10:34-35

4. Make ready to slaughter [the infidel’s] sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. Isaiah 14:21

5. Then I heard God say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children.” Ezekiel 9:5

6. Keep [my holiday], for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die. Exodus 31:12-15

7. If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. Leviticus 20:10

8. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. Numbers 31: 17-18

9. A [holy man’s] daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. Leviticus 21:9

10. Everyone who would not seek God was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. 2 Chronicles 15:12-13

11. But if [a girl wasn't a virgin on her wedding night] and evidence of the girl's virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her father’s house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against God’s people by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. Deuteronomy 22:20-21

12. If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. Deuteronomy 13:7-12

13. Cursed be he who does God’s work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. Jeremiah 48:10

14. Anyone who blasphemes God’s name must be stoned to death by the whole community of [believers]. Leviticus 24:16

15. Anyone else who goes too near the [Holy Place] will be executed. Numbers 1: 51[/b]
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 1:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
zicoraads:
Well, I have muslim friends who are terribly good and amazing, more than I can say for most of my christian friends. Still, I often tell them that something must be very wrong with your holy book if a scholar can twist the words of the Quran to suit their purposes and send girls and men on a killing spree. Because, no preacher can twist the bible, no matter how they try to, to give some of legitimacy to killing of anyone.

Christians model their lives on Christ's teachings. And He often talked about love, love and love. Love your neighbour as yourself. And you cannot kill your neighbour if you love em.

Have you come across the followings in the bible?
[b]
1. Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the [holy man] who represents God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged. Deuteronomy17:12

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2015
BERNIMOORE:

You messed up big time grin grin grin in these Next two passages you quoted because you were in a hurry just like typical muslims who always want to justify their crime but this verses below did not support your point, you will be embarrased how you just fail an 'english language comprehension'

jesus was Not ''the certain noble man in his own analogy/story/parable who ask rebelious servants slayed''
jesus was neutral to the story
ok

now get your big lenses and read;https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+19&version=NKJV

Luke 19 V 11- 27

11 Now as they heard these things, He spoke another parable, because He was near Jerusalem and because they thought the kingdom of God would appear immediately. 12 Therefore He said: “A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and to return. 13 So he called ten of his servants, delivered to them ten minas,[b] and said to them, ‘Do business till I come.’ 14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We will not have this man to reign over us.’

15 “And so it was that when he returned, having received the kingdom, he then commanded these servants, to whom he had given the money, to be called to him, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 16 Then came the first, saying, ‘Master, your mina has earned ten minas.’ 17 And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities.’ 18 And the second came, saying, ‘Master, your mina has earned five minas.’ 19 Likewise he said to him, ‘You also be over five cities.’

20 “Then another came, saying, ‘Master, here is your mina, which I have kept put away in a handkerchief. 21 For I feared you, because you are an austere man. You collect what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’ 22 And he said to him, ‘Out of your own mouth I will judge you, you wicked servant. You knew that I was an austere man, collecting what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow. 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, that at my coming I might have collected it with interest?’

24 “And he(noble man) said to those who stood by, ‘Take the mina from him, and give it to him who has ten minas.’ 25 (But they said to him, ‘Master, he has ten minas.’) 26 ‘For I say to you, that to everyone who has will be given; and from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 27 But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.’”

you failed badly again, jesus never command christians to slay anyone

Thank God Jesus did not say 'to strike with sword' lets see what he mean;

prophecy about jesus in the book of isaiah describes the sword;
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+49&version=NKJV

Isaiah 49:2
And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword;
In the shadow of His hand He has hidden Me,
And made Me a polished shaft;
In His quiver He has hidden Me

jesus said here again;

Revelation 2:16
16 Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.

This cannot be said about about

quaran Surat Al-'Anfāl (The Spoils of War) سورة الأنفال http://quran.com/8/12 which directs muslim believer to directly behead, cut off, slaughter and strike a perceived umbeliever (God have mercy)

Surat Al-'Anfāl 8;12
[size=14pt]''so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."[/size]

What about these?

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Obiwiz(m): 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2015
please what is jihad?
And what should I do to be allocated 72 virgins in paradise?
Is it right for a man in his fifties to consummate a 9yr old girl? Please enlightened fellows, you can help me out on these.

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by LastProphet: 1:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
mu2sa2:
Mr man stop pretending. Catholics and protestants in northern lreland have been killing themselves for decades. ln central Africa the Christian anti balaka hold bible on one hand and weapon on the other roaming the country searching for Muslims to kill. Truth is neither lslam nor any major religion sanctions the killing of the innocent. Your islamaphobic attitude has blinded you to reality.

How did it start in central africa mr educated? why did u omit that? So the catholics in ireland kill each other because of religion? So in your warped muslim way of thinking a mr joseph that raped a woman did it for Jesus Christ and is compared to Bokoharam or real muslims that kill ONLY BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY ARE FULIFILING THE BIDDINGS OF MOHAMMMED? So the 2 are the same? Somebody that killed another to steal his money is the same like someone that killed another because mohammed said he should kill infidels? This is why all fake muslims are morooons

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
matrix789:
the three greatest movement

Judaism invented or founded by Moses
Christianity invented or founded by Jesus
Islam invented or founded by Mohammed.

2 of these movements are alike
Moses Killed
Mohammed killed
Jesus did not kill.

finally ask Israel and Palestinians what religion they practice and why so much killings between the 2.

lastly what is Religion?

Religion is God fighting for Man >>>>Christianity
Religion is Man fighting for God >>>>>Islam and Judaism

What about these verses or you do not believe in the bible?

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by cele360: 1:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
hkidola00:
^^ u get problem
he doesn't have a any problem, when buhari was sympathizing with bokoharam he thought when he wins they will seize fighting becus they are from d same religion, he was buzy condemning Jonathan, as if he is charge of bokoharam

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2015
LastProphet:

How did it start in central africa mr educated? why did u omit that? So the catholics in ireland kill each other because of religion? So in your warped muslim way of thinking a mr joseph that raped a woman did it for Jesus Christ and is compared to Bokoharam or real muslims that kill ONLY BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY ARE FULIFILING THE BIDDINGS OF MOHAMMMED? So the 2 are the same? Somebody that killed another to steal his money is the same like someone that killed another because mohammed said he should kill infidels? This is why all fake muslims are morooons

Please see below from the bible do you believe in the bible or not?

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2015
sonofananimal1:
I KNOW THAT ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF VIOLENCE,

CHECK ALL OVER THE WORLD, THERE ARE NOW CALLED ISLAMIC SET.
I EVEN HEAR THAT MUHAMMED STARTED ALL THIS, KILLING PEOPLE, FORCING THEM TO WORSHIP BOX, KILLING CHILDREN ON TOP,

Why don't you check the following in the bible?

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by LastProphet: 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2015
Humblebloke:

Okay Sir........ Take a walk, you don't have the answers to my questions.....

A muslim who misinterpretes the message and commit hideous crimes in the name of religion is a True Muslim

A pastor who spreads the word of God commits a hideous crime like rape and fornication is(was) never a christian.... He is fake

It is written in your bible..... A book that supposedly contains the word of God,Maybe if you Follow the verses containing hate and violence against people who do not buy the christ theory and disregard the verses that preaches love,Then you have every right to call peaceful muslims pretenders.......I'm really trying to understand why you think real muslims are violent people..... There are close to 2 billion muslims on the planet.... According to research.... There are over 10 million extremists trying to portray islam in bad light......

I'm a skeptical about these religions(Islam and christianity)....Cos' I still do not understand why they both endorse slavery..... Still yet to find a logical answer

For me.... These two come first;
-God
-Love

I wanted to ignore you when you said I gave you the crusade instance and you said I couldn't give you a recent example but I felt we all need to educate ourselves....

I don't like it when people hate on what they do not understand

#Peace

Does the pastor target raping a particular religion? Does the pastor target muslims, christians, pagan girls alone? Isalm has consistently targeted others and ocassionaly themselves too especially fake ones like you who want to turn them into peaceful dimwits which the koran does not allow. Stop fooling yourself mr man, you dont have a religion and I know behind the curtains you know it. Islam is a the oldest terrorist cult there ever was. It cannot be a coincidence: ISIS, Al Qqaeda, As Shabab, BH, etc. Somalia, Yemen, Saudi, Syria, Egypt, Mali, Nigeria, US, it cant be a coincidence mr educated man. Drop your ego and accept that you have no religion because if you claim to be a muslim then you are fake fake fake

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by vickylala239: 1:42pm On Jul 27, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
The man make a lot of sense.
Many of these scholars are afraid of been their target and probably got killed.

Why will they Not be afraid when they know the religion is Not good.

They know nothing can protect them.

A true man God is ready to die,provided he is speaking the truth,u cnt say that abt Muslim.

Muslim has bin a dangerous religion Since 45AD.

The one that made Me know that Muslim is the world most dangerous group.is when I heard that group of Muslim brothers kill just Cuz some funny picture of Mohammed.

I was laffing.

Hw can u kill Cuz some draw and said Mohammed is dis or that.why Not let d Mohammed punish the person.

They knw Mohammed cnt punish Cuz is Nt real.

Christian has been peaceful.as a Christian if u Lik nake ursef,we all leave Evri thing to God.

Try Na in Muslim if ur hands is Not cut off.

Tufiakwa Muslim.

Oya like my post

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
bigiyaro:
guy! U r d one dat need to go n do research b4 comin here to blab. Mohammed built islam on pure violence n brutality, which his followers still indulge in till today.

Really? What is your evidence? Meanwhile check the followings in the bible:

2 Likes

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Humblebloke(m): 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2015
LastProphet:

Does the pastor target raping a particular religion? Does the pastor target muslims, christians, pagan girls alone? Isalm has consistently targeted others and ocassionaly themselves too especially fake ones like you who want to turn them into peaceful dimwits which the koran does not allow. Stop fooling yourself mr man, you dont have a religion and I know behind the curtains you know it. Islam is a the oldest terrorist cult there ever was. It cannot be a coincidence: ISIS, Al Qqaeda, As Shabab, BH, etc. Somalia, Yemen, Saudi, Syria, Egypt, Mali, Nigeria, US, it cant be a coincidence mr educated man. Drop your ego and accept that you have no religion because if you claim to be a muslim then you are fake fake fake

Sighsundecided
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Humblebloke(m): 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2015
LastProphet:

Aiit ignoramus...... You probably will never answer my question......I tought you had a functioning brain

Thank you for wasting my time

Adios amigos..... Dim- wit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Armed Thugs In ‘Government Vehicles’ Attack #EndSARS Protesters In Abuja - Punch / Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari / Saraki Has Removed APC From His Official Twitter Handle(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.