Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Desperate For A Husband. - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Desperate For A Husband. (62187 Views)

Covenant University Graduate Searching For A Husband Lists Specifications / When Guys Are Desperate For Sex, Check Out Hilarious Stuff They Say / "I Need A Husband" - A 26-Years-Old Nurse Posted On Facebook (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by 400billionman: 6:58am On Jul 31, 2015
wrongnumber:

I was watching a talk show on tvc this morning and a marriage councilor talked about an igbo lady that cried to him saying her dad wants a millon naira for her bride price.

She further said her dad should even give her free to the guy because she has aborted 3 times gor the guy and she will be the one to lose should the guy leaves.

I pity igbo ladies.I honestly do.

If that girl is in love, how will she conduct an abortion for a guy she loves?

That girl lacks sense, she could die from abortion or lose her womb. She is the person wasting her time. Her father won't live her life for her. Let her get pregnant for the guy and go home with him. Simple.. Nonsense..

1 Like

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by lilmax(m): 6:58am On Jul 31, 2015
I dont believe in number 3
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 31, 2015
Ladies, please develop yourselves. You owe yourself that much, and you'll be happy you did.

Whether early or late marriage, seriously that shouldn't bother you much. Chances are that man would still ebd up cheating on you anyway. Get a shag if you wanna, build an empire of your own through investments, aspire to be thebest in your company, start and grow a business if you wanna.

Aan does not make you a complete woman. Enough of this looking down on unmarried ladies. It's depressing, even more so cos ladies doit much.

Be happy with yourself!

2 Likes

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by 400billionman: 7:02am On Jul 31, 2015
Dragonking:

This is what most of them want. They are all waiting for a super rich guy that wikk spend heavily to satisfy that ever money hungry needs. Naija women, change ur ways!!!! angry

You meet a girl who lives by begging, signaling that her family can hardly make ends meet and her father who resides in a thatched house in village starts demanding N1m. This is ridiculous.

I go use mouth finish people when the time comes. Hehe.. Them go give me the girl for free..
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 31, 2015
Gurgle:

Have you seen me anywhere before

I have reason to be awake

Is something keeping you up late

You have time to be talking to imbeciles whose minds are warped with all sorts of rubbish.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 31, 2015
jnrbayano:
You were making sense until no 2.

"Igbos" are not expensive. The bride price paid to the bride's family is returned to the man in a 9 out of 10 situation (the bride price paid in the head of each of my 3 sisters were returned)

Lols
He definitely doesn't know anything about Igbos. Easterners have the youngest brides after the Northerners.
I wonder the igbo ladies he saw marrying late sha.

Every lady should take her time, enjoy your 'spinsterhood' biko.

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Happiness87(f): 7:04am On Jul 31, 2015
Gurgle:

I'm really glad I didn't reply your PM kiss
hahaha, sweetie sup
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Genea(f): 7:05am On Jul 31, 2015
wrongnumber:

You deserve a cookie. So on poinr.

Many of them will not take a second look at a conductor yet they will be fasting and praying for husband.

Don jazzy was once a buns fryer
i guess u r high on shisha,y shud i marry a conductor?

2 Likes

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Gurgle(f): 7:08am On Jul 31, 2015
Happiness87:
hahaha, sweetie sup

Lol good morning

how are you

1 Like

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by tonychristopher: 7:10am On Jul 31, 2015
these old cargoes are just funny

you will see a lady going from church to another looking for husband and check her life she must have lived a dirty life ...nemesis is a terrible visitor

these ladies will not tell you that they have dumped many guys in the name of the don't live in vgc

too much tele mundo is messing up their brains

most of them are not decent ..imagine marrying a breast and bombom tattooed girl

most of them are too vain ...imagine you as a simple dude wanting to marry a girl that have an IPad 12 phone where the guy is using tecno

majority of these ladies are not trained

I am an Igbo man but I must be honest the bride price ain't high because the last time I checked the palm wine tappers still get married in my place

the problem is the woman and the family expectations are high

when my in law came to marry my sister the bride price he paid was just 10k and me as the first born told my kinsmen that they should slash the list and its me that have the final say they complied

when I met my wife I was a corp nysc yet she stood by my side today we have a family stay in nice place and I can afford to travel out on business trip to some countries out of Africa ...how many women can do that ? bought her a car

my boss sold okrika with his wife today they travel around the world

one MD of a big firm I know he is a big boy was once a bus conductor

my best friend bought the wife 2013 Camry but I could remember those days we were in Lagos and we sold okrika and other hutsles at yaba

so don't pity these old women

they caused it themselves and they are very easy to bang

they have this matured ikpu that make then palatable and men will always have a mistress when madam is pregnant so they fill in the void

majority

3 Likes

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Happiness87(f): 7:10am On Jul 31, 2015
Gurgle:

Lol good morning

how are you
good morning Sista, am fine, how was your night?
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Gurgle(f): 7:12am On Jul 31, 2015
Happiness87:
good morning Sista, am fine, how was your night?

yeah it was ok. got a stomach ache from eating late though cry

how was yours
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Happiness87(f): 7:15am On Jul 31, 2015
Gurgle:

yeah it was ok. got a stomach ache from eating late though cry

how was yours
awww, sorry dear,
mine was ok, though cold,

try and get fruits and drink enough water, it could help.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Gurgle(f): 7:16am On Jul 31, 2015
Happiness87:
awww, sorry dear,
mine was ok, though cold,

try and get fruits and drink enough water, it could help.

Yeah I was cold too

yeah I have some water. I carried some fruit with me but it got crushed in my bag, hmm angry
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by vickylala239: 7:17am On Jul 31, 2015
Omotayor123:
Hmm.. My main man grin

So on point.. You talk wisdom.

U guys shuld tak ur love to love zone
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by tonychristopher: 7:17am On Jul 31, 2015
Gurgle:
And by the way, all those people saying that marriage is not compulsory, not by force, not a must, please stop deceiving yourselves or looking for who to deceive, of course it is

Are you telling me that a woman/man who stays single throughout life in Nigeria will be respected as much as somebody who is married?

People have even been overlooked for political posts because they have not married on time. Can you imagine that

I knew I was going to get annoyed, that's why I was avoiding this thread

Why are people posting nonsense? Is it to resemble the West or what

DON'T MIND THOSE OYIBO WANNABE

EVEN IN WEST WHICH I HAVE BEEN THEY ACCORD RESPECT TO MARRIED COUPLES

IT GIVES THEM SENSE OF RRSPONSIBILITY
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by RAKITIC: 7:17am On Jul 31, 2015
Marriage is a scam
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by onagoodday1: 7:19am On Jul 31, 2015
Another angle to it is that, guys are scarred of very beautiful ladies, they fear they might not b able to maintain them, true as this might be, many of such believe are erroneous, I have some very pretty friends that are very nice girls but guys are afraid to get close because of extreme beauty makes them look expensive. which average guy will approach Lara oshiomhole nee George.
But like the op said, majority of them are waiting for lekki and wise boys.

1 Like

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by RAKITIC: 7:20am On Jul 31, 2015
Some fools have placed their happiness on being married
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Happiness87(f): 7:20am On Jul 31, 2015
Gurgle:

Yeah I was cold too

yeah I have some water. I carried some fruit with me but it got crushed in my bag, hmm angry
the cold was not funny o o, hugging pillows, na way forward cheesy

if its spoilt, can you get another one where you are going?
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 31, 2015
ronald4lif:
There are potential husbands everywhere and when they're ready to get married they will. They keep waiting for ready-made guys whose heart belong somewhere else, prolly to a loyal lady who stood by them through thick and thin.

Except if they want to tell us those bus drivers, conductors, unemployed graduates and those earning less than 50K a month aren't good enough. Then they can as well mould a Dangote and Tony Elumelu replica for themselves.

why wont they be single when they have disasters like rihanna, and lady gaga as role models huh?

These role models are lesbians and feminist definitely not wife material or certified, any girl who copies the life style of these women will be remain single for eternity, or at best a disposable hole. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by coleon(m): 7:20am On Jul 31, 2015
AreaFada2:
Well, any attempt to comment on women issues as we men see & experience them is seen as bashing women. Feminazis take it as men saying they are perfect.
But there are pertinent questions. I have female friends I love dearly. They actually cannot find "decent" men as they claim.
However, when we discuss, the decent men almost have to have angelic qualities to qualify. Of course in addition to affluence otherwise undertated as " a comfortable guy".

I drill it into their heads that such men don't exist. That yours truly doesn't even meet 50% of those criteria. And yet you girls consider me a good husband material. That I was taken NOT because I'm great, but by someone who saw potential & was ready to grow and progress with me.

They say they don't want to settle for less.

I have this friend in her mid 30s now. Her wish list for a man is out of this world. As pretty and sweet as she is, I have told her the truth. She cannot reciprocate a guy with those qualities in a million years.

She has been impatient, unreasonabe and arrogant towards her last bf. He has now quietly withdrawn. She's missing an opportunity in my opinion. Now she's chasing another guy that doesn't appear interested in her. Another self-induced heartache ahead.

Already, she's getting quite depressed about things easily. Parents now asking when she will marry and have kids. Regrets about abortions and others now surfacing.
Now, with such emotional baggage & wish list, the chances of a serious guy staying with her are not great.

I have even backtracked from introducing a good friend to her. Until she sorts herself out and face reality.
Bro u are spot on, my own experience is worst I hv s frnd that is 30yrs old we've been frnds for a while so I wanted to try her since we are both matured singles so I started inviting her to my house and believe me for a woman I've not even toasted she's already seeing herself as my future wife, setting standards for me because she has a masters degree in d UK and acca she can't settle for less that I must hv CFA as well telling me my house is not in a posh area that I shld stay on d island.
I dnt need to be be told bfr I quickly withdraw as I can see why she yet to be married at her age.I saw that this kind of woman will ruin me and she's not wot I want.
She calls sometimes to find out y am not seeing her again and I keep posting her.

1 Like

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by RAKITIC: 7:21am On Jul 31, 2015
Who marriage don help self?
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Gurgle(f): 7:22am On Jul 31, 2015
tonychristopher:

DON'T MIND THOSE OYIBO WANNABE

EVEN IN WEST WHICH I HAVE BEEN THEY ACCORD RESPECT TO MARRIED COUPLES

IT GIVES THEM SENSE OF RRSPONSIBILITY

Eh-hehn

You understand me, what are these people talking about

Yeah in the West they do. I remember during the UK elections how important the wives were to the campaign. Somebody was saying that anybody who wants to become the UK prime minister should try and marry because he needs somebody to advise him

Now people are here saying what
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by vickylala239: 7:22am On Jul 31, 2015
sinaj:

thak you kiss

So u Dnt understand Wat she meant.

Cuz is like u Dnt get,

It is a new code Dat gels use on gels,to knw if u r among dem or if u decode.

Bt u didn't,rather u thanked ha.

She is trying to tell u Dat she is a lesbian,Weda u are one too.

Actually she s interested in you.

Sowi I Hv xposed ha.I knw she will try to cover ha track by denying.

Bt Nw u knw.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by RAKITIC: 7:22am On Jul 31, 2015
Apart frm having kids and sex what else do guys gain from marriage?

1 Like

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Gurgle(f): 7:23am On Jul 31, 2015
Happiness87:
the cold was not funny o o, hugging pillows, na way forward cheesy

if its spoilt, can you get another one where you are going?

mehn

sister I went to the shop and ended up with cakes instead embarassed abeg no ask me another question o
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Gurgle(f): 7:25am On Jul 31, 2015
vickylala239:

So u Dnt understand Wat she meant.

Cuz is like u Dnt get,

It is a new code Dat gels use on gels,to knw if u r among dem or if u decode.

Bt u didn't,rather u thanked ha.

She is trying to tell u Dat she is a lesbian,Weda u are one too.

Actually she s interested in you.

Sowi I Hv xposed ha.I knw she will try to cover ha track by denying.

Bt Nw u knw.

LOL oh my goodness

I cant believe it. I tell people they are beautiful all the time

If I wanted to codedly toast her wouldn't I just send her a PM ?! what are you talking about
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by ideykwum: 7:25am On Jul 31, 2015
Are you inferring that she might not be beautiful in real life?

Gurgle:

Corrected* You look beautiful in your profile picture

cc: tunnamania11
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by vickylala239: 7:25am On Jul 31, 2015
wrongnumber:

I smell a rat. Woman admiring woman.

U are smart!!
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by zendy: 7:25am On Jul 31, 2015
wrongnumber:

I was watching a talk show on tvc this morning and a marriage councilor talked about an igbo lady that cried to him saying her dad wants a millon naira for her bride price.

She further said her dad should even give her free to the guy because she has aborted 3 times gor the guy and she will be the one to lose should the guy leaves.

I pity igbo ladies.I honestly do.

Don't generalise on the issue of Bride price in Igboland because it differs from clan to clan and family to family. I know Igbo families where the Bride price is as low as a one Thousand Naira. When it comes to the issue of marriage, it is quite unfortunate to see the huge number of young Ladies out there that are unmarried out there but I hasten to add that this is a worldwide generational problem. During the time of my mother, it was quite rare to see a girl get to age of 25 and not recieve a marriage proposal. Now, it is getting harder for the average girl to get married before 25. The reasons my parents generation got married is not the reason the present generation gets married. The baby mama phenomenon is increasing every day. I think men and women alike, especially women, have an unrealistic expectation of marriage. The economy hasn't helped either. Most men will never marry a "Bianca" and most women won't marry a "Dangote". Just like everything in life, marriage is "compromise party".
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by ifeanyi83(m): 7:26am On Jul 31, 2015
naijaboiy:

Damn!

A typical example of what I was talking about.

Cc: Lalasticlala.

These issues can't be generalized, there are always exceptions here and there. Though I'd rather so southwest or the that part of south-south..before the niger bridge that is.... grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. / 5 Ways/things That Will Make Any Girl In Nigeria Fall For You. (reloaded) / Nigerian Lady Gushes Over Her Trump-Like Oyinbo Hubby, As He Grabs Her Butt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.