Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,488 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont (1881 Views)

We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me / My Babe Is Pregnant And Am Unemployed; Should I Keep The Baby? / She Is Married But Keeps Begging Me For Sex- I'm Confused. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by Confused31: 9:03pm On Mar 17, 2009
I am 31 and my girfriend is 36. We have been dating for a little more than a year now and we just found out that we are pregnant. She would like to get married but I do not. How do I tell her? I would like the best for her and the baby especially during the pregnancy. She has been extremely emotional lately and cries a lot. I know that she loves me and I care about her but I am not in love with her. I know that she will be a great mother to our child and I know that I will be a great dad too, but I just dont think that I can be the kind of husband that this girl deserves. Please give me your advice on how to handle this very complicated situation. Confused31
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 17, 2009
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by Hotstepper(f): 10:00pm On Mar 17, 2009
u can date and Bleep her but cannot marry her, na wah 4 people oooooo
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by amosexy: 10:26pm On Mar 17, 2009
Why are men so callous !!! you av bin sleepin with a 36yrs old woman n you know fully well u dont wanna spend the rest of your life with her shocked.I wont really blame you bt i blame the lady for nt seein the hand writin on the wall.I will advice u to call her and beg for her forgiveness otherwise,you r cursed.Where do u expect a 36yrs woman to start from,you are simply wicked.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by DeReloaded: 10:27pm On Mar 17, 2009
when you were sleeping with her, why didnt you remember you didnt love her?

To the point of unprotected sex?
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by oluwafemi113(m): 5:50am On Mar 18, 2009
DeReloaded:

when you were sleeping with her, why didnt you remember you didnt love her?

To the point of unprotected sex?
am with you, no mid the guy
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by sistajay(f): 5:57am On Mar 18, 2009
Wow, another sad story, she gets the baby and not her man!!!
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by ima1(f): 6:18am On Mar 18, 2009
Men and their stupid excuses "but I just dont think that I can be the kind of husband that this girl deserves" when you started dating and were f*cking her u never realized that u weren't the man for her or were u stupid to think you could just use her, get her pregnant, dump her for another woman. you better recognized what you have done, and why date a person for more than a year and then admit that u never really love her in the first place, how stupid do u men think we women are, we are not some toy to be bleeped with.

you better man up to ur responsibilities and stop bitching, cuz ur eyes were open when u first met her.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 18, 2009
So u were thinking with ur other Head.being a man doesn't entail sexual prowness or capability it's taking responsibilities.we won't advise u.imho i think u r a disgrace to manhood and we Condom users.@ima that's my line "man up and quit bitching"
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 18, 2009
@poster,thats very very wicked of u,how can u be datin a woman of 36yrs for over a year wit no intention of marryin her,u want God to punish u n u remain confused for d rest of ur life.Some people are just too cynical,thinkin only about themselves without considering other peoples feelings.If that lady was ur sister,how would u have felt?So u better be careful n reason like men do,n not like hen do
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by sparta(f): 9:12am On Mar 18, 2009
Man, what do you think a 36 year old wants in a relationship? Casual fling?please grow up and take responsibility for your actions, its just aint fair for you to get a woman pregnant and bolt. Come to think of it, you said you know she will be a great mother, what else do you want?
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by sexibabes: 9:18am On Mar 18, 2009
Poster i think you just confused for the fear of caring for a woman and a baby but i tell you,when the baby comes good things will follow too.A 36 year old you have been dating for over a year needs nothing more from you now but marriage.Go ahead and propose to her,the love you think you don't have for her now because of fear will come so glaringly after you two settle down.Please make your marriage plans and get back to me.you already said you know she will be a good mother meaning you believe she is responsible to an extent.So go ahead and make your self happy.There is really nothing to be confused about
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by Kx: 9:55am On Mar 18, 2009
In as much as i agree that confused31 shud grow up and take responsibility,it beats my imagination
that in this century most women still do things the old ways.

If a guy wants to have fun,he gets a CD,if by mistake the CD burst and d stuff goes inside,he combs
his neighourhood even in the middle of the nite for pills for the woman to take.
Assuming the guy did nt make these precau-moves,its just naturally possible dat the woman
will sit there,relax and enjoy the moment without caring what result beckons 28days after.

If a woman dont really want an unwanted pregnancy,what is wrong is going out with a CD?

Without sounding too judgemental,confused31 admits that he feels his 36yr old woman deserves
a better husband,but in this case,if u ask me,d woman deserves whatever treatment dats gona
be meted out on her.We cant fast forward the clock of marriage with pregnancy.
Ur man does not act with precaution is no excuse for u to do same.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by Riskie(f): 10:03am On Mar 18, 2009
Lame!
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by spikedcylinder: 11:43am On Mar 18, 2009
A lot of people seem to be putting emphasis on her age. . . .
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by Ben13: 11:49am On Mar 18, 2009
and I still think the age doesn't really matter undecided
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by bigbumper(f): 11:56am On Mar 18, 2009
Kx:

. . . Without sounding too judgemental,confused31 admits that he feels his 36yr old woman deserves
a better husband,but in this case,if u ask me,d woman deserves whatever treatment dats gona
be meted out on her.We cant fast forward the clock of marriage with pregnancy.
Ur man does not act with precaution is no excuse for u to do same.

I would love to subscribe to this level of reasoning too, but it really depends on what lies if any the OP has been feeding the lady regarding their future together.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by bigbumper(f): 12:01pm On Mar 18, 2009
Ben20001:

and I still think the age doesn't really matter undecided

spikedcylinder:

A lot of people seem to be putting emphasis on her age. . . .

She is at that age people are perceived to have been left out on the shelf.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by CrazyMan(m): 12:03pm On Mar 18, 2009
What are you. . .  some kind of jerk, Do you take delight in using people? You impregnated a girl when you know fully well that you’re not ready to marry her.

I would advice you to take full responsibility of your actions and stop acting like an irresponsible person.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by popegirl(f): 12:06pm On Mar 18, 2009
amosexy:

Why are men so callous !!! you av bin sleepin with a 36yrs old woman n you know fully well u dont wanna spend the rest of your life with her shocked.I wont really blame you bt i blame the lady for nt seein the hand writin on the wall.I will advice u to call her and beg for her forgiveness otherwise,you r cursed.Where do u expect a 36yrs woman to start from,you are simply wicked.

i tire oooo, stupid talk
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by segzicres(m): 12:14pm On Mar 18, 2009
guy just tell her you aint interested simple. tell her she has lanor and you still have a bright future ahead of yoy. simple she will understand and walk out of your life.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by lahips: 12:37pm On Mar 18, 2009
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by ulua(f): 1:20pm On Mar 18, 2009
ask yourself if your ready for a babymama grin grin, if not then make it official, i believe if u open your hart to love anyone you can,
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by amosexy: 2:37pm On Mar 18, 2009
if at 36 a woman has no stable man in her life , i hope she will ever have becos she don turn old cargo ooo. MY guy if i be the woman wey u get pregnant ,mo ma ti owo bodi se epe fu e ni.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by yme1(f): 2:38pm On Mar 18, 2009
@poster
no comment
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by bhumeeus: 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2009
y are guys just like this??y would you date a girl FOR MORE THAN 1 WHOLE YEAR if you know u dont plan to marry her.Whick kain brain u get?Now she's pregnant and u want to run, What kind of father do you want to be?You want to have a child raised by a single mother?cos i obviously wont advise her going for an abortion

Please wake up to your responsibility and do what is right.Marry the babe.You'll see its notas bad a situation as it is.Cos if you leave her at this time when she really needs you, like yiu said, the girl doesnt deserve a man like u, neither will any girl deserve u.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by chikito1(f): 5:54pm On Mar 18, 2009
Hey Dude,

What advise do you precisely need here? You have done a foolish thing by getting her pregnant in the first place.

You were enjoying the unprotected sex cos you did not want to use a CD, but you do not want to take the

responsibility of what comes with it. Karma is a bitch yea and you have to be very careful how you treat people, else

you will reap the consequence of your action in full.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by debosky(m): 6:13pm On Mar 18, 2009
Why are people crucifying the poster

This woman is 36 not some impressionable 18 year old who doesn't know her right from her left.

He can be blamed if he has led her to believe he wants to marry her and that is not the case. Unless it was declaration of love that led to sex, I don't see why he should be crucified for having sex with someone he doesn't love. As far as I know, love is not a pre-requisite for sex for many people.

To those telling him to 'man up', it takes a man to admit he doesn't love this woman, when it would be convenient to marry her and just let things roll. He has said he is ready to support her and give her the best care during the pregnancy and do his duty regarding the child. The only problem is that he doesn't love her.

@ OP

Did you tell her you didn't want to get married? Does she know you don't love her? Did you have heart to heart discussions about these matters? undecided

I personally will blame the woman for not protecting herself. At 36, you should know the score and not just get pregnant by accident with a 'boyfriend'. That is past though and the deed is done.

Sit her down and have a heart to heart talk. Chances are that she will hate you for doing so, but I would rather have that done now and settled before the child comes than entering into a loveless marriage doomed to fail.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by rooshie(f): 6:16pm On Mar 18, 2009
@ poster, First of all, that was simply irresponsibility on ur part, not to mention callousness, and arrogance. You must know that this lady, whom u have been seeing for over a year would definately be in it for more than "boyfriend,girlfriend", and now you are trying to push everything off yourself by saying "she deserves better than you" and in so doing, you seem to be trying to make yourself out to be the one looking out for her feelings, when in actual fact it seems like you're just looking for an easy way out. That being said, I would not advise you to marry a woman you don't love, which may result in you resenting her later on. You need to come clean, at the same time, if you are a real man, you must take care of your child, as well as expect this lady to be angry at you, and yoou owe her your patience, and care. You have done a very wicked thing in wasting her time, but you can both move on. We can all give advice, but the choice is yours on what to do. Pray about it, come clean, apologise, and be there through the process. And remember that you cannot afford any longer to live irresponsibly.
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by MoneyRule(m): 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2009
U dated,f**ked and pregnanted a 36 year old lady, you want to dump her and the best excuse you can come up with is "I just dont think that I can be the kind of husband that this girl deserves"!!
I mean,just listen to ur excuse for being wicked. If you culd even come up with a better excuse we might term it something else but this?
I've seen wickedness but damn,this is WICKEDNESS with a little touch of stupidity.And to imagine this is ur first post gets me thinking!
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 19, 2009
Now u see why some women behave like lunatics. how do u expect her to react? Seriously!!!! Maybe u should try putting one of your sisters in her potion and think of the outcome you'd EXPECT!

Your not confused, u think u can keep searching, it's sad! Do whats fair to her, and suffer yourself, it's a small price to pay for all she's given and is about to give. After all, there is vasectomy, u cud have chosen that option!
Re: She Is Pregnant And Wants To Get Married But I Dont by tope2000(f): 12:30am On Mar 19, 2009
@poster
u r very wicked SOUL. . . .ah ahn angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Love Palava! I lost a Brotherly Love! / What Name Would You Have Preferred For Your Boyfriend/girlfriend? / I Finally Got Permission To Marry The Girl Of My Dreams. Come Celebrate With Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.