Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,487 members, 7,958,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:15 PM

Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners - Career (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners (131323 Views)

Poll: Which option of Electrical Engineering do you prefer?

Electronics and Telecoms: 68% (203 votes)
Power and Machinery: 28% (84 votes)
Lecturing: 3% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. / Marine Engineering Aspirants And Practitioners: Any Future? / Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by mr9ceguy3413: 9:18am On Sep 27, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Go to Youtube.
Tank yhu sir...
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by klems4real: 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
austino2018: Pls i need ur advice,after my nysc,which i am currently doing,i want to do my m.s.c abroad,which country is the best,were one can do is m.s.c on any field in EEE

Well, I would recommend you give Canada a try. This is indeed a good time for you to start preparing towards that. Though you have to do quite some research on your own. The last time I checked, Memorial University of Newfoudland was the school with the cheapest tuition in Canada both for Domestic and International students. You might want to research on that as well. By the way, Go through this thread (www.nairaland.com/1229480/travelling-canada-part-4/402 ). It will be of great help. All the best
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Chriscj(m): 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2013
Please i need your advice. I'm through with my HND in Electrical Engineering(power option), between DE and PGD which is better?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by netotse(m): 9:56am On Oct 27, 2013
Chriscj: Please i need your advice. I'm through with my HND in Electrical Engineering(power option), between DE and PGD which is better?
PGD, you already have a HND why go back to start in year two because you want a Bsc? A PGD is shorter plus you might even be able to work part time sef...my two cents
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by osram(m): 11:09am On Oct 27, 2013
Chriscj: Please i need your advice. I'm through with my HND in Electrical Engineering(power option), between DE and PGD which is better?
y didnt u opt 4 telecommunications...it more lucrativ dn power n machine
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by oneshowguy: 4:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
@ ajaniekoko sir I came across this thread today and I was happy I did cos I've always needed sm1 I cld share sm info with.am a graduate of EEE,graduated in 2010, I did both my IT nd NYSC in the maintenance department of NNPC,which I dealt more with changing of lighting fittings nd some few jobs on electrical motors.I didn't really enjoy my stay because d plants where not functional den. After service I got a job with cummins west africa as a graduate trainee for 6 months working on power generators.I left after d training cos I had discovered dat I really had no flare for power generators.Immediatly after I left I invested into the Beauty salon nd barbershop business nd suprisingly I found out I enjoyed d stress dat even came up with setting up and cld even endure the cash dat came with it. Pls now after 2 years of investing in the salon,i discovered I have more flare for searching 4 ideas and repackaging dem in such a way to meet d needs of clients. So please which part of electrical engineering do u think I will do very well in.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Darayola(m): 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2013
Are you a salary earner? Do you need a loan to meet your needs? We offer up to N500,000. Feel free to call ODUNAYO @08035267070
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by sbm009: 9:13am On Nov 02, 2013
AjanleKoko: @lekside44,
I think you have a point, though maybe slightly misplaced in my view.
The issues you have raised is the very reason why I have beef for NSE and COREN, because the same university profs and government engineers who founded these bodies are the ones that stifled the growth of engineering knowledge in Nigeria, and created the cronyism approach to engineering projects. That, and the fact that our multinationals indirectly discourage the growth and development of technology in Nigeria by importing both technology and resources, guaranteeing capital flight to their respective countries.

However, that does not stop each and every one of us from going ahead to acquire the skills we need to be relevant. School doesn't stop you from acquiring the skills you want, or making the kind of mark you want to make in the industry.

That you didn't stay on in this multinational doesn't mean you won't get a chance to prove yourself. One thing I would want to encourage us younger generation to develop is the culture of collaboration, rather than competition. Let's start to share information freely with each other, let's stop the craze for money, as in trying to rip off the next guy, and focus on jointly developing each other, rather than trying to impress or intimidate each other. That's the way out of all these issues lekside is raising.
I love this.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by sbm009: 9:41am On Nov 02, 2013
osram: y didnt u opt 4 telecommunications...it more lucrativ dn power n machine
say these words again,and this time listen 2 urself. If everyone does telecoms will there b any form of balance? Who will work on d power plants and other machineries? U sound more than funny.

1 Like

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
Am a final year student of EE,pls I need ur assistance in getting project topic
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AjanleKoko: 8:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
oneshowguy: @ ajaniekoko sir I came across this thread today and I was happy I did cos I've always needed sm1 I cld share sm info with.am a graduate of EEE,graduated in 2010, I did both my IT nd NYSC in the maintenance department of NNPC,which I dealt more with changing of lighting fittings nd some few jobs on electrical motors.I didn't really enjoy my stay because d plants where not functional den. After service I got a job with cummins west africa as a graduate trainee for 6 months working on power generators.I left after d training cos I had discovered dat I really had no flare for power generators.Immediatly after I left I invested into the Beauty salon nd barbershop business nd suprisingly I found out I enjoyed d stress dat even came up with setting up and cld even endure the cash dat came with it. Pls now after 2 years of investing in the salon,i discovered I have more flare for searching 4 ideas and repackaging dem in such a way to meet d needs of clients. So please which part of electrical engineering do u think I will do very well in.

Sounds like you're more of a businessman than an engineer wink
Which is a good thing. You can pursue a career as a project manager/engineer, and focus on cost engineering
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by oneshowguy: 11:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Sounds like you're more of a businessman than an engineer wink
Which is a good thing. You can pursue a career as a project manager/engineer, and focus on cost engineering
Thanks mr ajanlekoko for your response.u have just adviced me to pursue a career in project managent nd focus on cost engineering.please can you share with me on how to go about this effevtively.thank u
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by tjaz: 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
@ajanlekoko sir! Pls am an electrical engineerin graduate,bout doin ma NYSC, I wud love to go into system protection nd control ow do u advice I go about this? is der any course u wud suggest I take prior to getting a job or furthering MSc? Thanks
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AjanleKoko: 7:38am On Nov 09, 2013
oneshowguy:
Thanks mr ajanlekoko for your response.u have just adviced me to pursue a career in project managent nd focus on cost engineering.please can you share with me on how to go about this effevtively.thank u

Google 'project management' and 'cost engineering'.

tjaz: @ajanlekoko sir! Pls am an electrical engineerin graduate,bout doin ma NYSC, I wud love to go into system protection nd control ow do u advice I go about this? is der any course u wud suggest I take prior to getting a job or furthering MSc? Thanks

What is 'system protection'?

You don't need to do any course. Get a soldering iron, veroboards, and a good textbook on digital electronics.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by tjaz: 10:50am On Nov 09, 2013
AjanleKoko:

What is 'system protection'?

You don't need to do any course. Get a soldering iron, veroboards, and a good textbook on digital electronics.
I mean power system protection! I did ma IT in a power generating station so I kinda enjoyd working in a power station, am jes considering instrumntatn nd cntrl as anoda option thanks
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by AjanleKoko: 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
tjaz: I mean power system protection! I did ma IT in a power generating station so I kinda enjoyd working in a power station, am jes considering instrumntatn nd cntrl as anoda option thanks

I don't really know much about that. But holler at netotse, he worked in instrumentation in a manufacturing environment, he might be able to give a few pointers.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by wableo: 4:31am On Nov 16, 2013
@ Sir Ajanau, I'm impressed with the volume of knowlegde u have giving out on this thread. I pray that God will reward you aboundantly. I'm an EEE graduate power option, graduated in 2010. My problem is that my level of practical knowledge is too low and also I had 2-2. I'm planning to go for my masters but thinking I suppose to go gain pratical experience. I'm really confused. First where to go though I'm ready to pay for it(practical). Masters is really practical works or theory like Bsc? Please I will appreciate it if you can respond as soon as possible because I'm fed up. You can add me on what's app 07085421921 or bbm 2808D6DC. Thanks
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by oshorlabyC(m): 10:41am On Dec 25, 2013
Thanks alot Mr. Ajanlekoko for all experience shared. it has really helped me alot and a whole lot more pple following this thread am very sure. I'm currently in 400L ,Electrical and Electronics engineering. I'm currently doing my 6 months I.T program.I initially did it at coca-cola (benin plant),i later discovered i don't have much flare for Machines and Industrial works,so lately i switched to a privately owned company that deals with building and sale of inverters ,as well as solar power systems(anything electronics sha), this i've gained alot from and have alot of interest in.When i resumed back to school,i'm planning to go for either the Computer/Control or the Electronics and Telecomms option. I'm kindda stucked inn between the two. Also, i feel i should start doing somethings on my final year project as early as possible, i'm also stucked on which topic to go for. Pls kindly give me some personal advice. thanks
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by empron(m): 11:20am On Dec 29, 2013
Dear Mr Ajanlekoko,thanks alot for sharing your experience,pls i will need your advice and guideline in respect of my career,I am HND EE graduate(Electronics and Telecomm option)I have worked as an Admin manager in gas plant,also worked as Electrical Technician in an Engineering firm later I was transfer to my boss hotel,as Maintenance officer/Engineer.someone now i advice me to go for project management certification in addition i also like doing business.Pls what do you think about PMP?
AjanleKoko:

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Mrval20(m): 2:20am On Jan 08, 2014
I've been reading this post from the day it was created (yes, from 2009), and ALL my questions have been answered! Special thanks to Mr Ajanlekoko, Netotse, Oyb, Wallie, Lekside, Naijababe and everyone who has contributed constructively. God bless you all. I'm in my final year, going for power option.
netotse:
PGD, you already have a HND why go back to start in year two because you want a Bsc? A PGD is shorter plus you might even be able to work part time sef...my two cents

@Netotse, is this privatisation of the power sector to our (the power guys) advantage? Is this the turn around you've been wishing for? I'll like to have your Email address too if you don't mind, or any other contact you feel like sharing. Thanks.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by netotse(m): 2:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mrval20: I've been reading this post from the day it was created (yes, from 2009), and ALL my questions have been answered! Special thanks to Mr Ajanlekoko, Netotse, Oyb, Wallie, Lekside, Naijababe and everyone who has contributed constructively. God bless you all. I'm in my final year, going for power option..
@Netotse, is this privatisation of the power sector to our (the power guys) advantage? Is this the turn around you've been wishing for? I'll like to have your Email address too if you don't mind, or any other contact you feel like sharing. Thanks.

eventually things will get better, but in the short term I dont think it will change soooo much, there's still a lot to be done especially as concerns the financial part of the privatization. Send me a nairaland PM and I'll reply via email.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Mrval20(m): 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ok, thanks a million times for your time.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by colonel20: 11:24am On Jul 05, 2014
Happy bday Sir Netotse, wishing yu continuous prosperity in ur career and life..

Miss ur insights.. Oh NL! Y d attack?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Kayus18(m): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
I need a place to do my Industrial Training in Akure. Is there anybody who know any better place to do it... Elect/elect ND Pls message me on kayus4u2007@yahoo.com
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by handsum92: 8:13am On Jul 06, 2014
I really appreciate the invaluable advice given by our EEE professionals in here!...this's really a blessing and an eye opener for most of us 'freshie'...My case's a bit different and I would love our 'ogas' in here to help look into it...Graduated early dis year, wif zilch experience,and no special liking for any field in particular!, alwys loved anything challengin and brain tasking(my reason for choosing EEE in the first place + the fact that it appeared as one of the most lucrative), did a lil bit of codin @ undergraduate levels, ve some basic EEE knowledge ...buh I still feel like I don't know anythin(maybe that's the truth anyweiz)...
And the bitter truth's I can't even afford to take any job without pay just because I want to gain experience because of my very humble background!, Mother and siblings are already having high hopes and expectations of me so the idea of staying in a company for years without pay's not just appealing @ all considering our financial status...Money's d primary motivation here!,so sirs, are there stil companies in this field with d necessary related experience and also willing to start wif a very nice pay...can yu kindly help out with their names so I can start preparing early for their tests and interviews... I really wished such companies are in existence because I wouldn't want to leave EEE field but then even a bank promising a very nice pay won't b rejected if I have to work in an EEE firm with no pay!...I STIL LOVE MY MAMA abeg, make all these wahala no go kill am ;DI really appreciate the invaluable advice given by our EEE professionals in here!...this's really a blessing and an eye opener for most of us 'freshie'...My case's a bit different and I would love our 'ogas' in here to help look into it...Graduated early dis year, wif zilch experience,and no special liking for any field in particular!, alwys loved anything challengin and brain tasking(my reason for choosing EEE in the first place + the fact that it appeared as one of the most lucrative), did a lil bit of codin @ undergraduate levels, ve some basic EEE knowledge ...buh I still feel like I don't know anythin(maybe that's the truth anyweiz)...
And the bitter truth's I can't even afford to take any job without pay just because I want to gain experience because of my very humble background!, Mother and siblings are already having high hopes and expectations of me so the idea of staying in a company for years without pay's not just appealing @ all considering our financial status...Money's d primary motivation here!,so sirs, are there stil companies in this field with d necessary related experience and also willing to start wif a very nice pay...can yu kindly help out with their names so I can start preparing early for their tests and interviews... I really wished such companies are in existence because I wouldn't want to leave EEE field but then even a bank promising a very nice pay won't b rejected if I have to work in an EEE firm with no pay!...I STIL LOVE MY MAMA abeg, make all these wahala no go kill am
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by funkylicious: 1:17am On Jul 10, 2014
@ajanlekoko... I'm a female EEE in the making in her final year (500L). I just stumbled upon this site and post about an hour ago for the first time. Pls, I would like to get in touch with u asap if that's possible. I don't know if it's possible to send me ur email address wia PM? Like I said, I'm sorta new to this site and I haven't gotten used to it yet. I'll be waiting for reply. Thanks!
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by pastie(m): 10:02am On Aug 01, 2014
EE here I come cool

Got admitted this year
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Tiimmy(m): 7:33am On Aug 06, 2014
Instrumentation and controls Engineers in the oil and gas industry are people with background in Elect-Elect.

All you need is to upgrade and equip yourself with the necessary knowledge to stand out (especially during an interview)

See blog below for some really awesome software and competence training

http://timmsvillee..com/

You'll also find this thread interesting.

https://www.nairaland.com/1842429/must-read-engineers-architects-graphic

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Joelaking(m): 7:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
I'm a 300 level student in EEE dept, O.A.U. I'm looking forward to becoming an entrepreneur in the nearest future. I need someone who has achieved a lot in this field to be my mentor. My mail :- Joekayope@gmail.com. Phone number :- 08022851132.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (35) (Reply)

About The ICAN/ATS Examinations / Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 / How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.