Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,432 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child - Family (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child (90685 Views)

Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? / Parental Guide:the Rape Of Teenage Girls And Minors In Nigeria / Bringing Up A Multilingual(4) Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 9:11pm On Sep 30, 2010
Funny Do's and Don'ts with babies

Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 30, 2010
@~sissy

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  You can PM me?

Since when? I was like, who is this? grin grin

I dey, how body? kiss kiss
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 30, 2010
~Sissy~:

Funny Do's and Don'ts with babies

Thanks for bringing me back t my maternal side wink

Some of these pictures are obvious tho. Why would you put a TV by a baby's bed? Apart from safety, too much radiation can afftect their sight
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2010
LOL Funny cartoon grin grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2010
@sissy
cant reply back o.

But I'll be there to bother you. . . dnt worry tongue tongue
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 9:24pm On Sep 30, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Thanks for bringing me back t my maternal side wink

Some of these pictures are obvious tho. Why would you put a TV by a baby's bed? Apart from safety, too much radiation can afftect their sight

you'd be suprise some people dont know 'heck about babies and wouldnt look twice doing any of the above grin grin grin

when i was in sch, the prof asked what stage/group of children are u most comfy with and why. some said babies/infants,tweens/teenages etc and one man said older younger kids because he can communicate with them,play with them etc and he HATES babies/toddlers stage because he doesnt know what the heck to do with them. doesnt like changing diapers, the crying fuzziness and he cant communicate with them.  embarassed embarassed
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 30, 2010
~Sissy~:

you'd be suprise some people dont know 'heck about babies and wouldnt look twice doing any of the above grin grin grin

when i was in sch, the prof asked what stage/group of children are u most comfy with and why. some said babies/infants,tweens/teenages etc and one man said older younger kids because he can communicate with them,play with them etc and he HATES babies/toddlers stage because he doesnt know what the heck to do with them. doesnt like changing diapers, the crying fuzziness and he cant communicate with them.  embarassed embarassed
wow! really? shocked shocked

And na that kain person go get woman pregnant o.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 9:39pm On Sep 30, 2010
hes is a papa o. he said when they had a baby, he just left the wife to take care of the baby and wasnt really into the baby that much. i pitied the wife and the baby. he prefers them a little older. he can play with them,they can talk back, etc

i wasnt really that surprise because i know that some men usually have problem with babies/infants cause i always hear" i dont know what do when he/she start crying" i dont know what he/she need, i cant stand their crying,diapers etc

you know some people including some mothers sef dont/cant recognize the types/ its meaning babies make
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 3:14am On Oct 01, 2010
~Sissy~:

hes is a papa o. he said when they had a baby, he just left the wife to take care of the baby and wasnt really into the baby that much. i pitied the wife and the baby. he prefers them a little older. he can play with them,they can talk back, etc

i wasnt really that surprise because i know that some men usually have problem with babies/infants cause i always hear" i dont know what do when he/she start crying" i dont know what he/she need, i cant stand their crying,diapers etc

you know some people including some mothers sef dont/cant recognize the types/ its meaning babies make
Some men are just disgusting. . . rats full of utter rubbish. I hope she's making his azz pay child support. Useless man.
If you dont want a child, abstain from se x or use a freaking condom. sheesh.

You know, I really dont care if they dont know what to do with babies, they can learn like the first mothers. Can you imagine a man telling you that he cant help you take care of his 23-chromosomes?

I wish God can just show us women a sign before we do the deed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 3:25am On Oct 01, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Some men are just disgusting. . . rats full of utter rubbish. I hope she's making his azz pay child support. Useless man.
If you dont want a child, abstain from se x or use a freaking condom. sheesh.

You know, I really dont care if they dont know what to do with babies, they can learn like the first mothers. Can you imagine a man telling you that he cant help you take care of his 23-chromosomes?

LOL if only they think like that we wouldnt have negligent/irresponsible fathers i swear. sadly, some mens job as a "father" ends when the egg receives the sperm.

u know like how moms tend to be emotionally bonded to their newborns and tend to respond always when they cry, some nutty men even tell them to leave him/her to cry. u can imagine

I wish God can just show us women a sign before we do the deed embarassed embarassed embarassed

he does. but the problem is will you recognize it and will u heed to it.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 3:49am On Oct 01, 2010
~Sissy~:

LOL if only they think like that we wouldnt have negligent/irresponsible fathers i swear. sadly, some mens job as a "father" ends when the egg receives the spermatozoa.

u know like how moms tend to be emotionally bonded to their newborns and tend to respond always when they cry, some nutty men even tell them to leave him/her to cry. u can imagine

he does. but the problem is will you recognize it and will u heed to it.

SMH. . . . Let someone tell me not to respond. . . . SMH

BTW, did you watch BABIES!? Up till today, I still havent watche dit embarassed
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 4:16am On Oct 01, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

SMH. . . . Let someone tell me not to respond. . . . SMH

BTW, did you watch BABIES!? Up till today, I still havent watche dit embarassed

u know sometimes the problem is that some men feel that their wives deviate attention from them and focuses too much on the baby that in some cases results not in jealousy but in 'competition of attention'

nah, didnt watch it. but i think its out on dvd now.

http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.php?p=270291

and also on itunes

http://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/movies/babies/
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 1:46am On Oct 02, 2010
i was listening to a program one day,and this man called and was so choked up(with lack of words/embarrassment/emotions) the school just called him and told him that his daughter(his is divorced and have custody) have started her period and is very hysterical(poor girl) so he needs to come to the school. the dude was so embarrassed, he didnt know what to say to his little- now growing into a woman- princess. what will he say,how would he explain the whole process of menstruation to her without creating an awkward environment for himself and his girl etc. i felt so bad for him because this is the sort things better handled at least well by mothers and females, now the poor dude has to be a substitute professor for "the what is happening to your body" 101 grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by netotse(m): 2:00am On Oct 02, 2010
~Sissy~:

i was listening to a program one day,and this man called and was so choked up(with lack of words/embarrassment/emotions) the school just called him and told him that his daughter(his is divorced and have custody) have started her period and is very hysterical(poor girl) so he needs to come to the school. the dude was so embarrassed, he didnt know what to say to his little- now growing into a woman- princess. what will he say,how would he explain the whole process of menstruation to her without creating an awkward environment for himself and his girl etc. i felt so bad for him because this is the sort things better handled at least well by mothers and females, now the poor dude has to be a substitute professor for "the what is happening to your body" 101 grin

lol. . .this is cool in a wierd way
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 2:15am On Oct 02, 2010
how u dey

i wouldnt want to be his experimental -professor -student -lesson grin. embarrassing for some mothers sef to talk about, talk-less of a dad. i guess he wasn't expecting it so sudden and at so unexpected place. at least, if he had known early maybe, -she is of a certain age so it might start anytime soon- kind of thing, he would have probably asked one of his sisters/aunts/mother or female friends to do the lecture. which is what most men do.

now he has to sit her down, explain,buy pads/drugs etc grin

a girl was discussing how when first started hers, she was living with her dad(divorced) when she first saw it, she immediately told her dad that she started her period and he should go and buy her pads. he told the dad not to tell anyone or families out of embarrassment.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by netotse(m): 2:30am On Oct 02, 2010
i'm fine o. . .[size=5pt]i know you're fine cos i've been monitoring you and FL[/size]

k. . .i've prolly watched one too many single dad comedies, i tend to see such things from the point of bonding experiences, as in, it'll never happen again the important thing to do is be there for someone you love during a confusing time, it's not really about knowing the correct thing to do/say.

Hopefully, much later in life both of them'll be able to laugh about it.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by zayhal(f): 10:22am On Oct 02, 2010
~Sissy~:

Not all dads feel embarrased about these things. Mine was a very blunt dad. My mum travelled when I first saw my menses. Dad was home. I was feeling so embarrassed telling him but he made the situation so light. He asked if I'd read a book he bought for me few months ago, can't remember the title now but it's about growing into puberty and stuff. Funny thing, I never opened the book for once and I told him so. He said, ok, no problem. we must have been taught something like this in my biology classes at school, he was right but I still denied that we weren't taught, don't know why I did that.

He then went out and came back with a sanitary towel and handed it to me, asked if I could use it and I said yes.
Later that day, he sat me down and had a long talk with me about all the stuff. How a girl can become pregnant, relating with the opposite sex etc etc. We became much closer since then.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 11:04am On Oct 02, 2010
netotse:

i'm fine o. . .[size=5pt]i know you're fine cos i've been monitoring you and FL[/size]

LOL grin grin grin. u no serious

k. . .i've prolly watched one too many single dad comedies, i tend to see such things from the point of bonding experiences, as in, it'll never happen again the important thing to do is be there for someone you love during a confusing time, it's not really about knowing the correct thing to do/say.Hopefully, much later in life both of them'll be able to laugh about it.

yea, it could open that channel for bonding and open even more ample opportunity to have the open mind to discuss the "sex talk" and boys.

zayhal:

Not all dads feel embarrased about these things. Mine was a very blunt dad. My mum travelled when I first saw my menses. Dad was home. I was feeling so embarrassed telling him but he made the situation so light. He asked if I'd read a book he bought for me few months ago, can't remember the title now but it's about growing into puberty and stuff. Funny thing, I never opened the book for once and I told him so. He said, ok, no problem. we must have been taught something like this in my biology classes at school, he was right but I still denied that we weren't taught, don't know why I did that.

He then went out and came back with a sanitary towel and handed it to me, asked if I could use it and I said yes.
Later that day, he sat me down and had a long talk with me about all the stuff. How a girl can become pregnant, relating with the opposite gender etc etc. We became much closer since then.

some dads would be less embarrassed about it, if at least there has always been that father-daughter good relationship before. even though it would sort of awkward at first i.e describing the whole anatomy of what is happening etc, it wouldnt necessarily cause a huge embarrassment. for example, you can imagine  a very authoritarian dad u didnt really always have that one-one relationship with all of a sudden start discussing those kind of things with you. but the dude i described was pretty very embarrassed grin

anyways, its nice yours turned-out  good and helped established a long term result and that very special and important father-daughter bonding.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Tgirl4real(f): 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2010
Lol @ Sissy. Where did u get d pix from. Very funny.

Where's Ruby na

Hope u guys are doind great.

Happy 50th independence anni smiley
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by SunnyChus(m): 3:13am On Oct 09, 2010
“Support should be given to integral sexual education and services for young people, with the support and guidance of their parents and in line with the Convention on the Rights of the Child…” “Educational efforts should begin within the family unit, in the community and in the schools at an appropriate age, but must also reach adults, in particular men, through non-formal education and a variety of community-based efforts. “
-ICPD Programme of Action, para. 7.37.

“Research has shown that sexuality education programmes targeted at young people are most
effective when they: give a clear, consistent message based on accurate information
focus on reducing sexual behaviours that lead to unintended pregnancy and infection are specific to age and culture are based on a theoretical framework proven to change health behaviours use teaching methods that involve students are skill-based and address social pressures motivate and train teachers to participate”
- Douglas Kirby, UNFPA State of World Population 2003

Several research studies have shown that young people typically go through the challenging process of growing up with little or no sexual and reproductive health information. Much of what they know is mainly received from peers who are often ignorant about these issues and provide either erroneous or inadequate information.

Access to sexuality education remains one of the vital approaches to mitigating negative health outcomes for young people.

Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 4:20am On Oct 09, 2010
Tgirl4real:

Lol @ Sissy. Where did u get d pix from. Very funny.

Where's Ruby na

Here here. . . .I am! cheesy

How far, bawo ni family? Happy 50th to you too, aunty, more peace to your home kiss kiss

~Sissy~:

u know sometimes the problem is that some men feel that their wives deviate attention from them and focuses too much on the baby that in some cases results not in jealousy but in 'competition of attention'

nah, didnt watch it. but i think its out on dvd now.

http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.php?p=270291

and also on itunes

http://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/movies/babies/

And the same men are the ones ready to have 3 children. My stepdad was like that with my mom and his children. He literally begged my mom for his last born grin grin
I felt sorry for him tho, felt like his wife wasnt giving him enough attention, yet he wanted another one. SMH!

I def will try to get it on itunes! Thanks.

@netsose!
I see you, hon. Keep keeping an eye on me. . . . it feels good grin grin grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 4:26am On Oct 09, 2010
~Sissy~:

*death* grin grin grin

zayhal:

Later that day, he sat me down and had a long talk with me about all the stuff. How a girl can become pregnant, relating with the opposite gender etc etc. We became much closer since then.

awwwwww. . . . eyah. That is so so cool lol.

But not every men want to go down that lane with their children, some dont even know how to. Because then they have to explain puberty, then how their children have to wait till 50 yrs old to fertilized their eggs etc.

I thank God that my mom was there with me. When I first had mines, I was in middle school. I thought I had sat on ketchup in the cafeteria. I was scared to show my mom that I dirtied my uniform lol grin I eventually told her sha.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 7:31am On Oct 09, 2010
Tgirl4real:

Lol @  Sissy. Where did u get d pix from. Very funny.

Where's Ruby na

Hi TGirl!

welcome back kiss
happi anni to u too
no mind me n the pics jor grin grin

Ileke-IdI:

And the same men are the ones ready to have 3 children. My stepdad was like that with my mom and his children. He literally begged my mom for his last born grin grin
I felt sorry for him tho, felt like his wife wasnt giving him enough attention, yet he wanted another one. SMH!
I def will try to get it on itunes! Thanks.

they cant help it sometimes nah grin grin grin but some women do over it too though, a new baby is the one priority however that shouldnt/doesnt mean the husband gets to feed from the dustbin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Ileke-IdI:

*death* grin grin grin

awwwwww. . . . eyah. That is so so cool lol.

But not every men want to go down that lane with their children, some dont even know how to. Because then they have to explain puberty, then how their children have to wait till 50 yrs old to fertilized their eggs etc.

I thank God that my mom was there with me. When I first had mines, I was in middle school. I thought I had sat on ketchup in the cafeteria. I was scared to show my mom that I dirtied my uniform lol grin I eventually told her sha.

Roftlamo!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin aww how cute!!!

i think that 'special event' is one that almost if not, all women and girls remembers very vividly whether they are 8 or 80 smiley
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by obidia(f): 11:23am On Oct 21, 2010
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Dmentor(f): 5:50am On Nov 05, 2010
Parenting is a serious business that requires a lot of skills. Good parenting calls for good parenting skills.  Good parental guide is prerequisite to bringing up a child properly. This however, requires that a parent has the right values which she can inculcate to the young one. Remember, you cannot give what you do not have. Every parent needs to be a friend and a role model to her growing child. The use of cane may not achieve much where ever those two are lacking.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Alubus: 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2010
Children are great gift from God and God gives them to who ever he wills, but one thing that i believe is that, whosoever that has received this favour from God should know that it is a favour with responsibility, because we are the caretaker of these children and we must have to give account to the owner and i mean Godhimself. So we must trained them properly,and in the way of the Lord, May God help us parents in Jesus name.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Tgirl4real(f): 10:14pm On Dec 24, 2010
Awww. . . . .  where is everyone  sad

Abi una don travel go village  grin grin

Wishing everyone a merry christmas n prosperous New yearcheesy
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Busybody2(f): 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2010
^^^ Merry keresimesi kissHow dey go dey go kiss Awon Daddy nko grin

@All

Weaning embarassed How, What, Where, When embarassed All I remember was at two months old, he used to look at me soooo much in a greedy way, with his eyes trailing every movement of my hand to my mouth and I started turning my back to him whilst eating cos like I told my Ma-in-law, I didn't want him to have ojukokoro, and now here I am wondering I have left it too late and wondering where 6 months have gone cos he ain't on solids yet shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2010
@T-girl
Eku odun o!!
Hope hubby and belle [baby] dey alright grin kiss kiss

Busy_body:

^^^ Merry keresimesi kissHow dey go dey go kiss Awon Daddy nko grin
@All
Weaning embarassed How, What, Where, When embarassed All I remember was at two months old, he used to look at me soooo much in a greedy way, with his eyes trailing every movement of my hand to my mouth and I started turning my back to him whilst eating cos like I told my Ma-in-law, I didn't want him to have ojukokoro, and now here I am wondering I have left it too late and wondering where 6 months have gone cos he ain't on solids yet shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed

As for you? angry

Happy to see you well kiss
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Busybody2(f): 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

@T-girl
Eku odun o!!
Hope hubby and belle [baby] dey alright grin kiss kiss

As for you? angry

Happy to see you well kiss

Hello my sweet banana pudding, I don miss you gan kiss Dunno why i have been sleeping like I have been bitten by something jare, i can't even tell what the day/date is embarassed I just dey one kain love, but it is well kiss

I was sworn to secrecy and promised not to tell a soul, but between you and I, na sextuplet boys she dey carry, nor be one lipsrsealed If anyone asks you, it wasn't me, shotigbo tongue
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 4:23am On Dec 31, 2010
Busy_body:

Hello my sweet banana pudding, I don miss you gan kiss Dunno why i have been sleeping like I have been bitten by something jare, i can't even tell what the day/date is embarassed I just dey one kain love, but it is well kiss

I was sworn to secrecy and promised not to tell a soul, but between you and I, na sextuplet boys she dey carry, nor be one lipsrsealed If anyone asks you, it wasn't me, shotigbo tongue

LOL So you blame your abandoning me on sleep abi? Okay o, we don hear. cry cry

LMAO!!! Make Tgirl catch you grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by bigbumper(f): 12:20am On Jan 01, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

LOL So you blame your abandoning me on sleep abi? Okay o, we don hear. cry cry

LMAO!!! Make Tgirl catch you grin

grin

May the dawning of this New Year fill your heart with new hopes, open up new horizons and bring for you promises of brighter tomorrows and may you have a great New Year IJN babes kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (44) (Reply)

He Started Smuching His Mother When He Was 4yrs Old. True Life Story / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter / My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.