Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight (37577 Views)

Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff / Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. / I Cannot Take Credit For The Revival Of The Refineries - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by mandax: 7:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
eluquenson:
I really miss GEJ the slow poke , under his 6 years administration nothing was working effectively but when my able president started working for just 2 months , many things started working for good.
Thus your epistle has no meaning to us cos it's a stake news

Baba go ahead....PMB is our leader.

There are more fanatics in Nigeria than realists. Even if PMB does nothing to improve Nigeria in four years, fanatic ethno-religious bigots shall still thumb up for Buhari and call Goodluck Jonathan clueless.

4 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
U de call me NL As*wo? Anyway... Do the needful tongue
tomorrow u will get a response.
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Osode: 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:

TThis propaganda thing will catalyse their fall. Lies can take one to land a job but it can't help him do the job. Their sins shall find them out
Yes Barcanister...
In this one statement, you have spoken a Great Wisdom.
I once stated here that 'Concience is an Open Wound'... . This statement of Ur's borders on the same level.
The job they've landed now stares them in the face. That is why the Propaganda now aproaches levels of Despiration (...painting GEJ as black as they can, on the one hand,...and Trying hard to steal as much credit for his acomplishments as they possibly can...). The next thing U'd hear soon is that the 'fear of buHari'- that doesnt seem to affect only Bokoharam- somehow 'Scared' Engr. Sijuade into bring in the NRC coaches, and lunching the new PH to Kano route!!
Yes Barcanister... Time is what we need. In Time, they're unclothedness begins to show.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by joseph1832(m): 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
Babe wetin I do you na? If I catch you ehn...
Imagine! If na me call you ash*wo now you go dey vex, if na babe you go dey show teeth!

Anyway I happy for you because you no be gay! tongue

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by deji68: 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
u forgot to add Growth in Economy mean energy bills increased.....

barcanista:
i am sure you were in nigeria when the former finance minister stated that marketers were defrauding the government? i am sure you are aware that noi set up committee to verify marketers' claim early this year which forced marketers to hoarde the product and created fuel scarcity that some of you still blamed jonathan? i am sure you saw the sharp decrease of subsidy payment between 2011 and 2014. well. i am very sure that you are aware that there was no fuel scarcity in 2013 and 2014.

subsidy must go!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by emorse(m): 8:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
i am sure you were in nigeria when the former finance minister stated that marketers were defrauding the government? i am sure you are aware that noi set up committee to verify marketers' claim early this year which forced marketers to hoarde the product and created fuel scarcity that some of you still blamed jonathan? i am sure you saw the sharp decrease of subsidy payment between 2011 and 2014. well. i am very sure that you are aware that there was no fuel scarcity in 2013 and 2014.

subsidy must go!

And if we can't blame GEJ for such gross misconduct in his government and under his watch, who should we blame? Me? Why then was he our leader?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by tunde1200(m): 8:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
God bless Nigerian.

eluquenson:
I really miss GEJ the slow poke , under his 6 years administration nothing was working effectively but when my able president started working for just 2 months , many things started working for good.
Thus your epistle has no meaning to us cos it's a stake news

Baba go ahead....PMB is our leader.
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
firstEVA:
tomorrow u will get a response.
hmmm... Hope you won't fail? tongue
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
hmmm... Hope you won't fail? tongue
APC is not synonymous with failure

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by tunde1200(m): 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
for that copy and paste..

Whynotthetruth:

God bless your brain

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
Osode:

Yes Barcanister...
In this one statement, you have spoken a Great Wisdom.
I once stated here that 'Concience is an Open Wound'... . This statement of Ur's borders on the same level.
The job they've landed now stares them in the face. That is why the Propaganda now aproaches levels of Despiration (...painting GEJ as black as they can, on the one hand,...and Trying hard to steal as much credit for his acomplishments as they possibly can...). The next thing U'd hear soon is that the 'fear of buHari'- that doesnt seem to affect only Bokoharam- somehow 'Scared' Engr. Sijuade into bring in the NRC coaches, and lunching the new PH to Kano route!!
Yes Barcanister... Time is what we need. In Time, they're unclothedness begins to show.
I'm sure that this won't be the last of APC propaganda.

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by mentorandfriend(m): 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
fulanimafia:

You can only deceive the gullible, you are completely empty about your assertions.

The issue is not about what was done to the refineries under GEJ, nobody is disputing those efforts.

The issue is the deliberate sabotage of the refineries operations in order to make a leeway for corruption and looting through oil swaps and other questionable arrangements by GEJ, Diezani and the PDP which frustrated the effective revival of the refineries operations.

The defeat and ejection of the aforementioned characters, catalysed by the emergence of an incorruptible, integrity-laden, no-nonsense President thoroughly experienced in the workings and administration of the refineries and the petroleum industry in general, made possible the accelerated revival of the refineries.

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
firstEVA:
APC is not synonymous with failure
Haha... Tomorrow morning will tell tongue

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by 989900: 8:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
emorse:
Mr Barcanista, I pulled the following from your analysis.

It is clear that there was a sharp increase in our refining capacity from 2010 - 2013. Same as our annual subsidy payment. Can you explain why its so?

I believe its one of the signts of GEJ's incompetence. As the saying goes, "things fall apart when the centre cannot hold."
CRUDE OIL REFINING CAPACITY
*2006 - 20.82%
*2007 - 24.87%
*2008 - 25.31%
*2009 - 24.04%
*2010 - 23.33%
*2011 - .....
*2012 - .....
*2013 - 64.67%
*2014 - .....

And this

SUBSIDY PAYMENT
*2006 – N151.9 billion;
*2007- N188 billion;
*2008 – N256.3billion (January to July);
*2009 – N421.5billion;
*2010 – N673 billion;
*2011 – (N1.3 trillion)revised to N2.19 trillion;
*2012 – N888 billion + N161.6 billion
supplementary
*2013 – N971 billion; and,
*2014 – N971.1 billion

from [url]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/why-fuel-subsidy-must-go-2/[url]

You saved me a lot of typing. Thanks!

I have to thank Barca too for exposing not only GEJ's complicity and incompetence, but the whole of PDP's tenure!

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
ajebuter:

Hey barca!
As usual, concise and factual.
Tell the wanking masturbators.
A carton of origin for you.
When am I getting the drinks?
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by sokunji(m): 8:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
this issue is dead on arrival. ...in as much as I would love to attribute the success of nnpc and every other success stories to pmb...the man has come out clear to deny this one. ..

he said I cannot lie. ..I have no hand in it. if pmb said that. .I believe all true followers of pmb should accept that he has no business in the TAM of our refineries. .
just as he had no business in the appointment of Jega and peaceful elections. .just as he has no hands in the improved power supply. ...just as has no hand in government policies that has ensured funds continually enters the virtually empty treasure. .. and he also has no hand in the corruption that plagued the country...

His honeymoon would soon be over...I hope so, then we would see his hand work... I believe this administration will succeed. .not cause I am APC..but because I don't want to imagine Nigeria after another failed administration. .and if pmb is too succeed. .he certainly needs more of barcanista than image123

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by dhesire(m): 8:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
it's a pleasure brother... We won't fold arms and watch them distort history with their propaganda.

Right within you, you believed you have done something worthy of note?

Nigeria was on the threshold of becoming defunct during the last two months of GEJs reign, thanks to acute fuel shortage due to non payment of subsidies to marketers, yet your long fir nothing record says the refineries have been working for 3 months..............and blah blah blah

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
AwesomelyMade:

Believe me, these your write ups are going farther than you imagine, you have been noticed, it's a matter of time the rewards will flow in.
grin grin grin
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by dhesire(m): 8:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
Barcanista will definitely be a very strong contender for the Chief Wailers award, I'm backing him strongly because the guy can wail!

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
sokunji:
this issue is dead on arrival. ...in as much as I would love to attribute the success of nnpc and every other success stories to pmb...the man has come out clear to deny this one. ..

he said I cannot lie. ..I have no hand in it. if pmb said that. .I believe all true followers of pmb should accept that he has no business in the TAM of our refineries. .
just as he had no business in the appointment of Jega and peaceful elections. .just as he has no hands in the improved power supply. ...just as has no hand in government policies that has ensured funds continually enters the virtually empty treasure. .. and he also has no hand in the corruption that plagued the country...

His honeymoon would soon be over...I hope so, then we would see his hand work... I believe this administration will succeed. .not cause I am APC..but because I don't want to imagine Nigeria after another failed administration. .and if pmb is too succeed. .he certainly needs more of barcanista than image123
Thank you.... PMB has already stated that he has no hand, why can't we let it rest? I do believe we give honor to whom it is due.

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by francizy(m): 8:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
PassingShot:

Ol boy, we don't care what you write or say. The fact of this matter is that on the day of account, our refineries started working under PMB while our electricy started improving under the same man. Both didn't work under the clueless man despite spending huge amounts in both sectors. Had he won the last election, the same sabotaging we witnessed in his almost six years would have continued to play out.
Eminent Nigerians who know better than you and I combined are saying the same thing. Example is Prof. Itsay Sagay's view as summarized in my signature.

You guys should just deal with it because if you write from now till 2019, the impression cannot be changed.

God bless our no nonsense President Muhammadu Buhari. Anyone who doesn't like him is free to relocate to his father's country.

Chai the bolded sounds silly oh! Na only you get Nigeria ni? Abi no be my country too? If Buhari goofs, we all have the right as humans to criticize him just like GEJ was criticized (even the name calling is welcomed too). We can't all keep screaming sai Buhari even when Buhari hasn't started doing anything yet. When he starts working, I'll know to keep my mouth shut and fingers off the critics button but for now, I'll criticize him till I ensure he delivers at least 50% of his campaign promises within now and the next 2-3 years. That is my right as a citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

By the way, on electricity issue, doesn't it baffle you that PDP states during GEJ's tenure were experiencing almost constant power supply as the states had no powerful "godfather" dictating on how the masses are to be treated as regards to power supply? But one of the strongest APC state (including other states) had been in darkness even as the governor claimed to have built power stations (more like generators).

APC played the card well and I still blame GEJ for letting these croonies within APC to crumble his government. He should have learnt from the old talkative from Ota.

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
dhesire:
Barcanista will definitely be a very strong contender for the Chief Wailers award, I'm backing him strongly because the guy can wail!
#WailingForABetterDemocracy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by AprokoMan: 8:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
[s]
MabraO:
Same old thrash
I thought I would see something different from image123 write up only to see a different monicker from d opposition spewing poo

This op is becoming irrelevant
I pity ur followers
Children if hate they never get tired hating
[/s]

ur a consummate dullard! show me where Barcanista has made a thread similar to this one before. unlike Passingshit and Omenka, the mo.rons siring u APC e-cows, this dude's threads always come with positive counter-attacks as expected from an unbiased opposer. And he doesn't hurl insults like Lastpage, Beremx the she-male and the rest of u roadside touts. Ur just a woefully blabbering hemorrhoid and a malingering one dimensional wretched asshole!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by francizy(m): 8:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
midolian:

francizy, u mumu no be small o! The problem with our oil and power sector is nothing but corruption as we all know...During GeJ's regime, I am sure u remember these words of the NNPC http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerian-engineers-to-repair-refineries-for-n99bn-nnpc/ this was in Feb. 2015..
Now, can u explain what happened overnight?

Power sector?;,,If u claim GEJ revived the power sector, why didn't it work under GEJ? You see, the problem with our power sector is nothing but corruption. The problem with our power sector was the corruption in the transmission sector that was left unchecked. Buh since Buhari came into power, things have changed. No one wants to be the scape-goat. So they had better fixed it b4 Buhari gets to know this...And this is our reason for saying, "its the fear of Buhari".

Just as a friend rightly said, Generation isn't really the problem but transmission and distribution.

Ode, Buhari has not even set up a meaningful cabinet, neither has he discussed anything with the owners of the power companies, neither has done any meaningful thing apart from traveling round the world in 60 days and yet you attribute the present success (which he clearly stated he had no hands in) to him.

You folks are so hypocritical that you attribute failures that extended from then to now to GEJ but extend success to PMB.. I bow oh!

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by pharmagba: 8:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
anonimi:

Stop spreading LIES, you hear?

Did you support the removal of fuel subsidy in January 2012

Meanwhile the packaged expired product that APC marketed successfully to us on March 28 said he does not know about fuel subsidy yet he continues paying, two months into his government shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2589504_subsidy2_jpeg57ea79bc1f8758353f00f8db1d53dbf1

Perhaps the president's wife has convinced the 72-year old pensioner, who confessed he cannot perform, to let the cabal be instead of trying to kick them out as Jonathan did in January 2012 by removing subsidy completely and deregulating the downstream sector.

Alhaji Adewale Jubril Tinubu is the CEO of Oando Oil company

Common sense economics should have informed GEJ to make the refinery function first and see if there will be need for fuel subsidy
I don't know who stopped GEJ from persecuting the oil thieves but I know to him stealing is not corruption.
Now the man with agenda, correct definition is putting thing right, you have refused to give him credit rather you have resorted to blaming Nigerians for GEJ failures. So lame an excuse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by atlwireles: 8:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
Take NNPC serious at your own peril.
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by AprokoMan: 8:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
[s]
torinotarino:

God bless you and should continue to bless you. May all that say otherwise be used as a sacrifice for your blessing. Amen
[/s]

devil will destroy the fingers u used to type that hogwash, u contemptible derelict!

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by AprokoMan: 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
firstEVA:
na so we see am o.

so this menstruation-guzzling lesbian is here too
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by nairamaniac: 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Wasquad and all patriots

Also cc: APC... Image123

IRONY of LIFE:

All I see above is a gang of very intelligent men and woman(ECOTTERRORS, in absentia) worshipping a very foolish and daft ex-president.

I dont need to read the entire epistle. What I know is enough to debunk the merit of the refinery-revival to Jonathan.

1) Why did Jonathan set 2016 as the time for the refineries to be in adequate-capacity as against 3rd quarter of 2015 which Buhari's Government made it possible.
2)if there was any plan for Jonathan to make it work this 2015, he sure would have used it for campaign. As he used anything possible that gained popularity during his tenure including those locomotive trains, invincible niger-delta bridge and several other rubbish.
3) why was the federal government's yearly budget for subsidy at its peak during Jonathan's regime?

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Firefire(m): 8:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
mandax:

There are more fanatics in Nigeria than realists. Even if PMB does nothing to improve Nigeria in four years, fanatic ethno-religious bigots shall still thumb up for Buhari and call Goodluck Jonathan clueless.

I pity the brainless followers...
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by docadams: 8:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
Barcanista, PDP is a shrine of Baal.

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by jmaine: 8:53pm On Aug 02, 2015
nairamaniac:

1) Why did Jonathan set 2016 as the time for the refineries to be in adequate-capacity as against 3rd quarter of 2015 which Buhari's Government made it possible.

How did Buhari govt. make it possible ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Akpabio Denies Turning Government House To ‘sex Haven’ During His Tenure / Obi: INEC Should Have Had Pictures Of Presidential Candidates On Ballot Papers / Buhari And Oshiomhole Sitting In A Classroom: Caption Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.