Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,890 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight (37580 Views)

Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff / Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. / I Cannot Take Credit For The Revival Of The Refineries - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by anonimi: 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
nairamaniac:

1) Why did Jonathan set 2016 as the time for the refineries to be in adequate-capacity as against 3rd quarter of 2015 which Buhari's Government made it possible.

Did you see the word- PHASED

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Benzzle: 8:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Wasquad and all patriots

Also cc: APC... Image123
call your voltron and thugs to come and defend the rubbish you wrote abi... onye nzuzu

5 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by free2ryhme: 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
Good Afternoon and Happy Sunday to all. I am so glad to be writing on a very important subject that is generating unnecessary controversy powered by supporters of the ruling party. To cut the story short, this article is to set the record straight and counter the distortion of facts by a pro-APC poster on this thread Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget.

1. The Situation/Capacity of Our 4 Refineries Before Jonathan:
To appreciate where we are we need to cast our mind where we were. Let's see the refining capacities between of our 4 Refineries between 2001 and 2010.

PORTHARCOURT REFINERIES:
In 2001, it operated at 60.73 percent, 52.17 (2002), 41.88% (2003), 31.04 percent (2004), 42.18 percent (2005), 50.26 percent (2006), 24.87 percent (2007), 17.84 percent (2008), 9.08 percent (2009), and 9.17 percent (2010), averaging 34 percent in ten years.

***Jonathan Inherited PHCR at 9.17% capacity***

KADUNA REFINERY:
Kaduna refinery operated at 31.39 percent capacity utilisation in 2001, 34.95 percent (2002), 15.96 percent (2003), 26 percent (2004), 33.08 percent
(2005), 8.34 percent (2006), 0.00 percent (2007), 19.56 percent (2008); 20.02 percent (2009), and 20.46 percent (2010). On average, in the ten years, the
Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical complex attained capacity utilisation of 20.97 percent.

***Jonathan Inherited KDRPC at 20.46% capacity***

WARRI REFINERY (WARPC)
Warri refinery operated at 48.29 percent in 2001, 55.53 percent (2002), 14.27 percent (2003), 9.10 percent (2004), 54.85 percent (2005), 3.85 percent (2006), 0.00 percent (2007), 38.52 percent (2008), 43.01 percent (2009), and 43.36 percent (2010), averaging 31 percent between 2001 and 2010.

***Jonathan Inherited WARPC at 43.36% capacity***
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/the-case-for-increasing-refining-capacity/105378/

Nigeria's Refining Capacity During GEJ Era:
May 2013: Portharcourt Refinery (66%)Kaduna Refinery (65%), and Warri (63%)
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Thursday, announced an improvement in Nigeria’s refining capacity, declaring that domestic refining of Premium Motor Spirits, PMS, at the country’s three refineries has increased to 10.23 million litres per day.

He disclosed that the Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company is currently running at 65 percent installed capacity, while the Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company is producing at 63 per cent and the Port Harcourt Refining and Petrochemical Company at 66 per cent of installed capacity.

“Infact, these refineries have been running consistently for over three months now.”
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/nigerias-refineries-now-producing-10m-litresday-of-fuel-nnpc/

Before that statement was made, the then Minister of Petroleum Mrs Alison Madueke had stated in March that early turn around maintenance was already ongoing while the MAIN TAM that was expected to yield the 90% projected capacity was expected to commence later that year.

"Our early turnaround maintenance work has commenced at the Port-Harcourt refinery while the main work is expected to commence in April and may of this year. The TAM and rehabilitation work for Kaduna and Warri refineries are intended to follow in quarter four of this year and quarter one of next year respectively,”

“Our early turnaround maintenance work has commenced at the Port-Harcourt refinery while the main work is expected to commence in April and may of this year.
www.sunnewsonline.com/new/tam-fg-begins-work-on-port-harcourt-refinery-next-month/

Nobody or Group disputed the position of the NNPC. So who was responsible for the improvement to 64% working capacity of our combined refineries in May 2013? JONATHAN of course

October 2014: Turn Around Maintenance Began For The Optiman Performace of Our Refineries (80%):
While the Port Harcourt and Kaduna refineries were built by two Japanese firms - Chioda and JGC, the Warri Refinery was built by Snapcogetti of Italy.

According to The Coordinator, Corporate Planning and Strategy, of the NNPC, Dr. Tim Okon when SAIPEM eventually came, it offered to maintain Port Harcourt Refineries at $550 million, Kaduna Refineries at $600 million and Warri Refinery at $180 million.

Okon said the bills were unacceptable to them because they were too high despite the fact that the figures were eventually reviewed downwards. He said the high bills prompted NNPC to send some of their engineers to the builders abroad to learn the repair processes with a view to saving costs.

Following this move, Okon said NNPC began to spend as low as N10 million to maintain the refineries every month as from October 2014. Following this
development, he said the four refineries would roar back to life and produce in optimum capacity from the first quarter of 2016.
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/exxonmobil-ceo-crude-oil-prices-to-remain-low/203419/

***The Testimony/revelation was made on March 05, 2015***

The Transformational Result By GEJ's Effort
On the 10th of June, the GMD NNPC came out to make the following statements..

“We are taking the refineries unit by unit and carrying out turnaround maintenance on them. So in other words, the maintenance are being carried out on the run and we started a couple of months ago.

“Most of the refineries have advanced to a certain stage where they will be able to operate very soon.
For example, the Port Harcourt refinery, which has reached an advanced stage, will start receiving crude by end of this month and then of course will start contributing to the available products in the country.”
www.punchng.com/news/pharcourt-refinery-to-commence-operations-in-july-nnpc-gmd/

I hope this is satisfactory enough? I hope the APC fans will emulate Buhari by giving credit to whom it is due?

GEJ had everything at his disposal as president and he abused them. You come to nigerians with statistics that produced N97 per litre when we produce this much? Do u think nigerians are daft? Yet the rate of unemployment was high, power failure throughout the land, poor educational system, poor health delivery, etc

Take your statistics to otueke

Rubbish!

9 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by blackpriest0911: 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
Shameless SaTANoids....

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by emorse(m): 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
989900:

You saved me a lot of typing. Thanks!

I have to thank Barca too for exposing not only GEJ's complicity and incompetence, but the whole of PDP's tenure!

The pleasure's all mine. Nigeria is on her way up. I'm happy its happening in my generation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by penukz2015(m): 9:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
GEJ did well..

4 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Generalkorex(m): 9:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Wasquad and all patriots

they don dey call themselves o

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by uridadole: 9:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
The question is why are Sai Buharists keen on re-writing history when Buhari has conceded credit to Jonathan (he had no choice though)

"I cannot take credit for the revival of the refineries because I have no input to it, if I say I had a hand in it, it will be a lie and I cannot tell lies." (President Muhammadu Buhari)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttD5Tr-c9fQ
His incorruptible body languyage is working unlike corrupt stinking government of GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by openmine(m): 9:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
LRNZH:
I spoke with a PENGASSAN official with NNPC.
His short answer is that the then Minister of Petroleum sabotaged all efforts to restart the refineries due to her shady crude swap deals and petroleum importation interests.
Bro Thats what we call speculation or better still a hasty conclusion!
...Any one can claim that an "unknown" pengassan official said this or that....
without stating his name and providing incriminating evidence to substantiate his claims ,all i can see is just the "usual beer parlour gist"..... cool

LRNZH:
In fact some of the repair work were quietly being undertaken right under her nose but without her knowledge.

@ the bolded,
shocked shocked shocked bro are you for real....You Know such assertions are untrue....How would u claim TAM was carried out secretly(or using your own words "quietly" ) without the minister's knowledge?
Such reasoning is likened to a cobbler who polished ur shoes without your knowledge...haba

LRNZH:
Mind you the PENGASSAN confidante of mine is of SS origin.

Where the person comes from is of little importance...whats imperative is whether such confidante of yours is non-partisan and can provide evidence of his wild claims...simple!!

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by nairamaniac: 9:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
jmaine:

How did Buhari govt. make it possible ?

When the head is good. The body functions.

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by omotoyossi(m): 10:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
instead of dem 2 just cum back 2 reality dat buhari is nw the president nd deres ntin u can do bou it,jz support d new gov n make a great nation,.nd b happy tinz r goin ok by Gods grace..u r stil praisin d past rotten administratn..d stupidity of some pple is amazing...childish nonsense.

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by rusher14: 10:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
Jonathan would be amazed by the trash Barcanista spews on his behalf.

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by nairamaniac: 10:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
anonimi:

Did you see the word- PHASED
I saw the word 'phased' same way I clearly saw 'vote for me cause I never wore shoes'. My friend, forget all these political-grammas. Na results we dey find.

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
good one

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Abdul4success(m): 10:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
Why all clueless argument? What we Nigerians are after is CHANGE & DEVELOPMENT... period!

4 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by BossTtdiamonds(m): 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
This thread was dead on arrival.. Thanks to the intelligent minds that helped put the Wailer-in Chief to rest...

6 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Jesusloveyou: 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
4Play:

Look at what NNPC claimed in May 2013:

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/nigerias-refineries-now-producing-10m-litresday-of-fuel-nnpc/#sthash.TOelmkbz.dpuf

Anything you hear from NNPC should be taken with a pinch of salt. What makes me laugh is that at the heart of this story, I suspect APC & PDP e-warriors are both wrong. It's likely that the 4 refineries have not and will not make substantial increases in production but APC & PDP e-warriors are too eager to bask in what they think are accomplishments.

Stories that the refineries are back in or are approaching full production are not new. Yes, we do have increases in production every now and then but they are slight and are not sustainable. These stories tend to surface everytime there is a suggestion that the Govt is looking to privatise the refineries. They are a means of keeping the refineries in NNPC's hands by reassuring Nigerians that with a little work, the refineries will back functioning in full.

It's very simple really, when the refineries are back in full production, you won't need all these moonlight tales as you will feel the effect at the fuel station and in the value of the Naira.
i agree with u, but d op will not understand, to make d point clear to him, if nnpc produce 10m litre of fuel in may 2013, how many was produce since then, if they produce those figures in this write-up, he will be indicting gej, that means gej or his minister have to account for d refine products since 2013, because we all know that warri refinery Did not work for d past 2yrs, if d op fail to acknowledge buhari for d changes in nnpc, then gej should account for what nnpc refine since 2013,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
rusher14:
Jonathan would be amazed by the trash Barcanista spews on his behalf.

lol...

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by jmaine: 10:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
nairamaniac:

Interesting . . . . .What about the rapidly depreciating naira and Boko Haram recent surge in violence ?
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by citizenY(m): 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:

Barca's engineering team .... and we were crippled by hydrocarbon challenge, oil swap deals, SURE AND UNSURE P.

Barca sharrrapp.

6 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by pomporiking: 11:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
The issue is not about who fixed what,its about why things which looked impossible to fix seem to be working under pmb.you don't need to keep defending jonathan when its clear he was complicit in everything that was happening.

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by billyG(m): 11:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
Good Afternoon and Happy Sunday to all. I am so glad to be writing on a very important subject that is generating unnecessary controversy powered by supporters of the ruling party. To cut the story short, this article is to set the record straight and counter the distortion of facts by a pro-APC poster on this thread Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget.

To appreciate where we are we need to cast our mind where we were. Let's see the refining capacities between of our 4 Refineries between 2001 and 2010.

PORTHARCOURT REFINERIES:
In 2001, it operated at 60.73 percent, 52.17 (2002), 41.88% (2003), 31.04 percent (2004), 42.18 percent (2005), 50.26 percent (2006), 24.87 percent (2007), 17.84 percent (2008), 9.08 percent (2009), and 9.17 percent (2010), averaging 34 percent in ten years.

KADUNA REFINERY:
Kaduna refinery operated at 31.39 percent capacity utilisation in 2001, 34.95 percent (2002), 15.96 percent (2003), 26 percent (2004), 33.08 percent
(2005), 8.34 percent (2006), 0.00 percent (2007), 19.56 percent (2008); 20.02 percent (2009), and 20.46 percent (2010). On average, in the ten years, the
Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical complex attained capacity utilisation of 20.97 percent.

WARRI REFINERY (WARPC)
Warri refinery operated at 48.29 percent in 2001, 55.53 percent (2002), 14.27 percent (2003), 9.10 percent (2004), 54.85 percent (2005), 3.85 percent (2006), 0.00 percent (2007), 38.52 percent (2008), 43.01 percent (2009), and 43.36 percent (2010), averaging 31 percent between 2001 and 2010.

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Thursday, announced an improvement in Nigeria’s refining capacity, declaring that domestic refining of Premium Motor Spirits, PMS, at the country’s three refineries has increased to 10.23 million litres per day.

He disclosed that the Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company is currently running at 65 percent installed capacity, while the Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company is producing at 63 per cent and the Port Harcourt Refining and Petrochemical Company at 66 per cent of installed capacity.

“Infact, these refineries have been running consistently for over three months now.”
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/nigerias-refineries-now-producing-10m-litresday-of-fuel-nnpc/

Before that statement was made, the then Minister of Petroleum Mrs Alison Madueke had stated in March that early turn around maintenance was already ongoing while the MAIN TAM that was expected to yield the 90% projected capacity was expected to commence later that year.

"Our early turnaround maintenance work has commenced at the Port-Harcourt refinery while the main work is expected to commence in April and may of this year. The TAM and rehabilitation work for Kaduna and Warri refineries are intended to follow in quarter four of this year and quarter one of next year respectively,”

“Our early turnaround maintenance work has commenced at the Port-Harcourt refinery while the main work is expected to commence in April and may of this year.
www.sunnewsonline.com/new/tam-fg-begins-work-on-port-harcourt-refinery-next-month/

Nobody or Group disputed the position of the NNPC. So who was responsible for the improvement to 64% working capacity of our combined refineries in May 2013? JONATHAN of course

October 2014: Turn Around Maintenance Began For The Optiman Performace of Our Refineries (80%):
While the Port Harcourt and Kaduna refineries were built by two Japanese firms - Chioda and JGC, the Warri Refinery was built by Snapcogetti of Italy.

According to The Coordinator, Corporate Planning and Strategy, of the NNPC, Dr. Tim Okon when SAIPEM eventually came, it offered to maintain Port Harcourt Refineries at $550 million, Kaduna Refineries at $600 million and Warri Refinery at $180 million.

Okon said the bills were unacceptable to them because they were too high despite the fact that the figures were eventually reviewed downwards. He said the high bills prompted NNPC to send some of their engineers to the builders abroad to learn the repair processes with a view to saving costs.

Following this move, Okon said NNPC began to spend as low as N10 million to maintain the refineries every month as from October 2014. Following this
development, he said the four refineries would roar back to life and produce in optimum capacity from the first quarter of 2016.
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/exxonmobil-ceo-crude-oil-prices-to-remain-low/203419/

“We are taking the refineries unit by unit and carrying out turnaround maintenance on them. So in other words, the maintenance are being carried out on the run and we started a couple of months ago.

“Most of the refineries have advanced to a certain stage where they will be able to operate very soon.
For example, the Port Harcourt refinery, which has reached an advanced stage, will start receiving crude by end of this month and then of course will start contributing to the available products in the country.”
www.punchng.com/news/pharcourt-refinery-to-commence-operations-in-july-nnpc-gmd/

I hope this is satisfactory enough? I hope the APC fans will emulate Buhari by giving credit to whom it is due?
Oga Burcalnista why is is that each time d clueless joe TAMed d Refineries d turnout Capacity becomes lower than B4?

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by nairamaniac: 11:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
jmaine:

Interesting . . . . .What about the rapidly depreciating naira and Boko Haram recent surge in violence ?

The depreciating naira is a spill over of the deliberate sabotage of the economy orchestrated by the last Government.
The book haram's recent surge of violence is what armed criminals do when they are being closed out on. They need to exhaust all their last bullets.
Or what rapiiiist do when they are at the point of climax and they are 2mins away from being caught, you would find out that they would increase their sex speed. if u aint virgin, u WD understand me Berra.
That's what these book boys are doing now. All their other options are limited, hence they have to finish all their guns and bombs.

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
jideflash:
is dat so. we already know this.

A great tribute to the defunct Mo'Hits family of D'banj, #DonJazzy, #WandeCoal, Dr Sid, D'Prince and K.Switch. Mo'trips by Peres Pimeh is just a classic medley...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk9u2wrzi_c

Download link : http://www.flashfamilia.com/?wp_releases=motrips

Peres Pimeh is signed to my label "Flash Records" and yes as a nairalander I believe that if only half of nairaland members can just listen and download this, the ripple effect of this promotion will be a success. So guys, please help get this to frontpage and show support to a brother on a good mission.

Thanks alot fam and Have a great new week

IG & Twitter: @flash_record & @hiPERES
ww,nice track, what is the link for thr audio?
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by jmaine: 11:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
nairamaniac:

The depreciating naira is a spill over of the deliberate sabotage of the economy orchestrated by the last Government.
The book haram's recent surge of violence is what armed criminals do when they are being closed out on. They need to exhaust all their last bullets.
Or what rapiiiist do when they are at the point of climax and they are 2mins away from being caught, you would find out that they would increase their sex speed. if u aint virgin, u WD understand me Berra.
That's what these book boys are doing now. All their other options are limited, hence they have to finish all their guns and bombs.

The bold just exposed the shameless inconsistency of team APC. I was expecting you did be wise to stylishly dodge that aspect by keeping quiet but you exposed your hypocrisy. What happened to your quote below

nairamaniac:

Does it mean the Head(Buhari) is no longer good, hence the body ain't functioning any longer ?
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:

PORTHARCOURT REFINERIES:

KADUNA REFINERY:

WARRI REFINERY (WARPC)

the bottom line to all these trash is, it didn't function in time of gej but functioned in time of pmb that's what really matters... If gej wanted to take the glory, he should have done something about it earlier

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by nairamaniac: 11:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
jmaine:

The bold just exposed the shameless inconsistency of team APC. I was expecting you did be wise to stylishly dodge that aspect by keeping quiet but you exposed your hypocrisy. What happened to your quote below

Does it mean the Head(Buhari) is no longer good, hence the body ain't functioning any longer ?

Was it not under Jonathan's watch and regime, our naira depreciated from below 150naira to above 250naira?

Yes when the head is good, the body functions. In the biased PDP shallowmindedness, the body is only functioning when he has appointed ministers, SFG, Chief of Staff etc. My dear, your people left too much shiiit and mess in those offices. Buhari needs to clean all your bloody stinking rubbish so it doesn't conterminate our men coming in.
Make no mistake, our men are far from saints. But when each one of them comes in, Our General would be there to give them sound orientation.

Unlike your shoeless bloody bassstard that welcomed them like Ali Baba welcomed his 40thieves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Bitterleafsoup: 12:04am On Aug 03, 2015
senier007:
That's what I like about this our country, we always appreciate our past with nostalgia as if the best has already left us, GEJ has not done anything tangible about NNPC it was Yar 'Adu'as idea, during that regime, I could remember that, a Committee was set up to restructure and put the NNPC on the right course, that Committee was headed by Rilwan Lukman, it was that Commitee that proposes the establishment of NNPC filling station in all the LGAs of the country, Yar Adua single-handedly stop the selling of NNPC then to dangote, I could still remember then the disappearance of long line in most filling stations were credited to GEJ but. Never Yar Adua, so why is it now difficult to credit the sudden resurgence of EFCC and NNPC to the govt of the day? When it is obvious that last govtt was nothing more than a charade and celebration of corruption? Paradox and contradiction has taken over the official Explanation given by. Either the. Minister, presidency or NNPC workers? Who is in charge here? Wailers will continue wailing till PDP change it name to GEJ!! Cuz it obvious there is PDP and GEJ! In achebe's words " then there was a party called PDP"
. My Dear ideas are cheap actions speak louder then propaganda. How long did Yar adu rule before falling sick 2 years 1? Who was ruling while he was sick before passed? You people just hate GEJ for nothing.
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by jmaine: 12:50am On Aug 03, 2015
nairamaniac:

Was it not under Jonathan's watch and regime, our naira depreciated from below 150naira to above 250naira?

Yes when the head is good, the body functions. In the biased PDP shallowmindedness, the body is only functioning when he has appointed ministers, SFG, Chief of Staff etc. My dear, your people left too much shiiit and mess in those offices. Buhari needs to clean all your bloody stinking rubbish so it doesn't conterminate our men coming in.
Make no mistake, our men are far from saints. But when each one of them comes in, Our General would be there to give them sound orientation.

Unlike your shoeless bloody bassstard that welcomed them like Ali Baba welcomed his 40thieves.

Stop your deliberate idiocy and be real for once. If you seek to ascribe the working refineries on your dull Deity (Buhari) who categorically rebuked his foolish worshippers that he has nothing to do with it; then kindly also pin our depreciating naira, Boko haram menace on his door steps.

Your quote in bold just summed up a disappointing day for me on this board . . . . .Am shocked the cerebral pro Buhari folks have exited the stage for pungent dull headed progressives to soil their game . . . . . .

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by driand(m): 12:54am On Aug 03, 2015
barcanista:
The question is why are Sai Buharists keen on re-writing history when Buhari has conceded credit to Jonathan (he had no choice though)

"I cannot take credit for the revival of the refineries because I have no input to it, if I say I had a hand in it, it will be a lie and I cannot tell lies." (President Muhammadu Buhari)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttD5Tr-c9fQ
just like jonacus had no choice but to concede defeat after losing election?
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by threadstone(m): 1:03am On Aug 03, 2015
barcanista:

To appreciate where we are we need to cast our mind where we were. Let's see the refining
capacities between of our 4 Refineries between 2001 and 2010.

PORTHARCOURT REFINERIES:

KADUNA REFINERY:

WARRI REFINERY (WARPC)

Did i hear you say. 10.23 million litres was refined locally everyday and yet the govt pays subsidy for 35-40 million litres daily.. Ultimately it means that we have been consuming close to 50 million litres abi.. Abeg who no dey chop food cos people don dey drink oil o??

Bros pls shift go one side....

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by prudentcy(m): 1:50am On Aug 03, 2015
LRNZH:

It was not a policy directive of GEJ to fix the refineries then. If GEJ had won a 2nd term, the refineries would have remained inactive so that the oil thieves and cabal will continue benefitting from the sleaze in the industry.

Also during the Occupy Nigeria protests of 2012, three new refineries were promised by the same GEJ govt. Of course the new refineries were never built. Why promise new refineries if they had realistically intended to startup the old ones?

In fact during the last electoral campaigns, GEJ and PDP were claiming that Nigeria's refining issues would become a history as from 2016 when Dangote's refinery is to startup. They past govt tried to sell the refineries for peanuts but were scared of a backlash from protests close to the elections.

Allowing the present refineries we have in Nigeria to work was not in the realistic plans of the GEJ administration. He can't take credit for them.

The fear of PMB is the reason things are working now. Period

GBAM!!! You've said it all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari And Oshiomhole Sitting In A Classroom: Caption Photo / Gerry Okolie Demolishes His 85-Year-Old Mother's House / Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.