Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,807 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight (37532 Views)

Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff / Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. / I Cannot Take Credit For The Revival Of The Refineries - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
Jonathan was a curse to Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by BabaO2: 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
The fact is that nothing ever worked under jonathan. of course, they put money into refineries and other needs of Nigerians to camouflage, but they never wanted any of the projects to work, just turning around the vicious circle and used the projects as conduit pipe of siphoning money, samething happened for electricity and NIPP project. Immediately Buhari was declared winner, electricity we all thought had fundamental problem started functioning from 0% to 70%. NIPP personnels that people were begging and offering bribes for poles suddenly started loading trailers of electricity poles to sites and begging people to install poles for them, because of the fear that their projects could be revoked/ negotiated.

6 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
Why was subsidy payment at its peak during Jonathan administration if the refineries were operating at close to optimum level?

5 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by torinotarino(m): 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2015
eluquenson:
I really miss GEJ the slow poke , under his 6 years administration nothing was working effectively but when my able president started working for just 2 months , many things started working for good.
Thus your epistle has no meaning to us cos it's a stake news

Baba go ahead....PMB is our leader.

God bless you and should continue to bless you. May all that say otherwise be used as a sacrifice for your blessing. Amen

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by emmykk(m): 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
Setting The Record On The Proposed Refineries Privatisation By GEJ's Administration.
I believe it will be great that I also addressed this issue.

On the 8th of February 2012, the FG inaugurated a National Refineries Special Task Force. The task force was to ensure self sufficiency of petroleum products in the country under a strong framework in the shortest possible time. Memebers of the Task Force are Kalu Idika Kalu (Chairman), Mallam Yusuf Alli (Alternate Chairman); Prof. Ayo Ogunye; Mr. Imo Itsueli; Mr. M. B. Shehu, Mr. Olumuyiwa Ajibola and Dr. N. J. D. Erinne. Others are Mr. Alex Ogedengbe; Mallam Bello Maccido; Mr. Emeka Ene; Mr. Stanley Lawson; Mr. Akin Kekere-Ekun; Mrs. Fatima Wali-Abdulrahman; Mallam Abba Dabo; Mr. Harcourt Adukeh; Mrs. Mayen Adetiba; Mr. Babatunde Ogun and Mr. Achese Igwe.
The Task Force was also called "Idika Kalu Task Force".
www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/idika-kalu-heads-refineries-task-force/

In late November 2012, the Task Force Submitted their report where it tasked FG to SALE ALL 4 Refineries. Because lots of money has been spent by successive governments in the name of TAM without yielding result. See Excerpt...

www.punchng.com/editorials/jonathan-sell-the-refineries-now/

In December 13, 2013 the FG constutited a steering committee to look into the privatisation process(in line with the Idika Kalu's Committee recommendation). According to the DG Bureau for Public Enterprises, Benjamin Dikki,

“The President has also approved the constitution of a steering committee on the privatisation process that involves all relevant stakeholder ministries and agencies.

The Steering Committee’s terms of reference would be to, among other things, advise the National Council on Privatisation (NCP) on the best way to privatise the refineries in a manner that would enhance the gains of the privatization programme of the Federal Government; review the diagnostic reports and recommendations of the transaction advisors and make recommendations to the NCP, propose modalities and make recommendations to NCP on labour matters to ensure the successful privatization of the refineries."
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/president-approves-privatisation-of-four-refineries/167056/

On December 18, 2013, the Labour spat fire threatened War because they were erroneously made to believe that the FG has approved "Sale of refinery"

“Our message is very clear; if between now and December 24, 2013, the government fails to cancel the planned privatisation of the refineries, we will wait for the Yuletide period to come and then mobilise between that time and the first week in January 2014; the entire oil and gas workers in Nigeria will go on a total strike and shut down the economy.”
www.businessnews.com.ng/2013/12/18/oil-workers-threatens-nationwide-strike-january-1/

On January 03, 2014 the FG came out to set the record straight that it hasn't authorised ANYONE to sale the refinery. According to spokesman Ruben Abati

“The Federal Government will not sell the refineries. There is no authorisation for anybody to do so; there is no presidential endorsement. Even the minister does not have the powers to sell government’s property,”
www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-hasnt-approved-sale-of-refineries-says-abati/

While the author of that thread made it look like the FG was thorn between privatisation and TAM, the truth is that the GEJ led FG was keen on mthe TAM (as explained above) and also working out modalities that will be acceptable to all stakeholders (including labout) with respect to refinery privatisation by setting up the Steering Committee to yield a permanent solution. Was this not commendable?

I want to enjoin Nigerrians to be very wary of reports from APC. We can't distort facts for politics. The records are there. GEJ inherited a dilapidated refineries and put it on the right path. Let us give honor to whom it is due.

May God Bless Us All (Amen)
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
I really think barcanista is more valuable to PDP now than all the staff paid from the purse of that party

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
Even lie mohammad the pampers wearer could not say buhari should be credited for the refineries. Now one jobless goat coming on NL to post disjointed links. Jonathan only crime he was not a politician.

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Adminisher: 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
You are a very big LIAR.
Jonathan transformed NOTHING. Nigerians are some of the most IGNORANT human beings in the world that is why you can post this falsehood with confidence. Nigeria had the opportunity to grow refineries through in situ expansion to double the current capacities but we did not. WHY?. Oil was selling at $100 a barrel and we could easily have done it . So why did we not. Why also did we spend about five years to do TAM on all the refineries and are only opening them up now?. Because they needed to raise billionaires amongst their friends and cronies.
Refineries are a routine business and every 2.5 years they go for small TAM and every 5 years they go for big TAM.
The business is technically intensive but Sudan, Jamaica and small west African countries run refineries as a common business. Any President who calls TAM a Transformation has insulted you. The same way they put old rocketry locomotives on refurbished coaches running on 100 year rail lines and called it transformation. The refineries that are just producing now should have finished TAM (even without the expansion) years ago but the CORRUPT cabal must steal from UN informed young men like you through unnecessary importation.
This was the same cluelessness brought into LNG. The man promised Niger Delta governors Brass LNG , he even used it as an excuse for not putting the money down for another train at Bonny LNG, this project would have opened up the economy of his native Bayelsa State like never before . Nothing g was done on that. Even the dividend Nigeria was making from the running trains in Bobby LNG was mis appropriated for years.
You guys should stop deceiving yourselves. It is your life and your country. Some people have sold you into second slavery and you should condemn even if they are from yoir tribe. It is your life and your country.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Olushauneddy(m): 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
Jonathan also fixed electricity but refused to switch it on for Nigerians to enjoy. While Buhari came in not up to 3 months every Nigerian is shouting his name and giving him the glory for switching on the power to light up our communities.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
fulanimafia:

You can only fool your minions with that trash.

Can you deny that Diezani last year increased oil swaps and OPA's from 270,000 bpd to 445,000 bpd at the same time repairs of the refineries were completed thereby starving the refineries?

Jonathan and co. sabotaged our refineries. Simple.

Then Petroleum Minister(Alison Madueke) In a letter dated May 18, 2015, with the approval of former President Goodluck Jonathan, written to the EFCC requesting that it looked into the Swaps/OPAs "in order to clarify the status of crude oil allocations to the trading firms and the petroleum products that had imported into the country on behalf of NNPC’s product distribution subsidiary – Pipelines & Products Marketing Company"
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/oil-traders-nnpc-officials-interrogated-watch-listed-in-major-investigation/211388/

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Donjowebs(m): 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
OP and et al una like argument sha, anyway all u said only gives credence to what a lot of Nigerians saw during GEJ's tenure i.e massive corruption that leaves you shocked and doubting your faith. Let's stop this back and forth and join hands in supporting PMB to move Nigeria forward, Nigeria belongs to Nigerians and PMB,GEJ,APC or PDP. May God continue to bless and raise our country!

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by abeniagbon(m): 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
THIS GUY CALL BARCANISCA IS A PUNK. A FUCCKING PUNK

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Aderupoko2: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
Say after me... I reject and cancel every spirit of campaign after election results

4 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by 2tips: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
It's obvious he cared less for our refinery and us. He gave us nothing. I like south south people but GEJ fall my hand. No matter the position we are, be it dictator,follower,leader,rich or poor,let us always remember that it's only a trial for us because what we do today will be history and recompense for us tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by felajazz(m): 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
GEJ my Hero. Fayose My Role Model. Mama peace My Crush undecided

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by MaziOmenuko: 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
I maintain that nothing was wrong with our refineries all these while. I was at warri refinery for a minor maintenance work late last year and it was functioning fine, refining oil at 80% capacity.

The truth remains that nnpc was refining our local crude and circulating it as part of imported crude and paying subsidy to themselves. If they refine 2mill litres per day and get N45 per liter as subsidy fee, do the math and discover how much Denziani and co were robbing us of per day!

Thieves!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by dayo23(f): 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Wasquad and barcanista

Also cc: APC... Image123
Bunch of hungry men, surviving on PDP #5000 salary!

5 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
I really think barcanista is more valuable to PDP now than all the staff paid from the purse of that party
Abi o... Maybe them go officially consider me grin. Make I ask Scantee and Mogidi..

It is good to be on the side of the truth!
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by osimataylor(m): 6:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
Don't stress your self Lies and propaganda has become part and parcel of APC.Both at the national and states they control.You can imagine even when GMB had acknowledged the work of GEJ in this regard persons with myopic mindset are still blabing nonsense.when you start your foundation with lies you will continue to lie to cover up your lies.that's life's hack for you.To achieve this they domiciled a lot of their agents on social media platforms.But not all the people are fooled all the time.
jmaine:

Right up there is the typical depraved mindset of an APC maggot . . . . . Am not remotely surprised

https://www.nairaland.com/2496565/power-supply-almost-constant-area/4#36528939

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Captainswag225(m): 6:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
why do i keep getting the feeling that barcanista is a top pdp politician operating under disguise on nairaland?

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by PRYCE(m): 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
As always great, Great piece! Insightful and a befitting response!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by alrahmanonline(m): 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
Demmocrats:
I agree with op but why during his time Nigeria importation of refined crude was so high and the corruption rate in that sector was so high which involved more than $20 billions stolen
help me ask barcanista o, make he counter that one too...

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by muhyeenisce(m): 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nothing concern me....all I know is that refineries start working wen buhari became president of the federal republic of nigeria....

5 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
Captainswag225:
why do i keep getting the feeling that barcanista is a top pdp politician operating under disguise on nairaland?
for where?
His future is bright though, provided he stops moving from party to party like a whöre

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by jmaine: 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
osimataylor:
Don't stress your self Lies and propaganda has become part and parcel of APC.Both at the national and states they control.You can imagine even when GMB had acknowledged the work of GEJ in this regard persons with myopic mindset are still blabing nonsense.when you start your foundation with lies you will continue to lie to cover up your lies.that's life's hack for you.To achieve this they domiciled a lot of their agents on social media platforms.But not all the people are fooled all the time.

Am simply enjoying how the APC propaganda is choking them up . . . . . . They are such a shameless bunch . . . .

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by BlueK1(m): 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
anulaxad:

Get a life, GMB has won and this nation is moving ahead to greater prosperity and development.

With all the evidence out there on different national newspapers on the corruption of your GEJ and information from neighbouring and western countries it boggles my mind how you can still defend and praise the undefendable. shocked

thank you.

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by PassingShot(m): 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
francizy:

I find it rather amusing when the likes of midolian and passingshot make kiddish statements like: the fear of Buhari revived the power sectors and fixed the refineries. Where has it ever been heard that the fear of someone built something? I find that statement rather uncalled for as these two peeps including others who supported their statements may be well over 30..

By the way, Buhari is presently riding on the goodwill of our economic destroyers and thus enjoying GEJ's layed down foundation. If he ever steps foot in a direction contrary to what his owners want, they will crumble his government within a twinkle of an eye..
Ol boy, we don't care what you write or say. The fact of this matter is that on the day of account, our refineries started working under PMB while our electricy started improving under the same man. Both didn't work under the clueless man despite spending huge amounts in both sectors. Had he won the last election, the same sabotaging we witnessed in his almost six years would have continued to play out.
Eminent Nigerians who know better than you and I combined are saying the same thing. Example is Prof. Itsay Sagay's view as summarized in my signature.

You guys should just deal with it because if you write from now till 2019, the impression cannot be changed.

God bless our no nonsense President Muhammadu Buhari. Anyone who doesn't like him is free to relocate to his father's country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Captainswag225(m): 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
firstEVA:
for where?
His future is bright though, provided he stops moving from party to party like a whöre
u mean he is a party ashawo? Na wa oo

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by najoke: 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:
Cc: Lalasticlala Ishilove Seun Obinoscopy

Whynotthetruth Phockphockman
One question for the PDP guys who di we blame for $1=N243?

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
barcanista:

Abi o... Maybe them go officially consider me grin. Make I ask Scantee and Mogidi..

It is good to be on the side of the truth!

Believe me, these your write ups are going farther than you imagine, you have been noticed, it's a matter of time the rewards will flow in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by Atlantian: 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
Buhari is a tourist. He is busy touring the world. Even the APC technicians know this truth but they are too ashamed to concur that there is a confused illiterate in Aso Rock. Every move Buhari makes is to continuous Northernization of all parastatals. He is busy nominating the "97% that voted him and defended their votes".
Re: How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight by FacelessPatriot: 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
God bless GEJ, Thanks Barcanista

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ambode Completes Pedestrian Bridge At Berger Bus-stop (pics) / Mustapha Salihu Hails Oshiomhole’s Suspension / APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.