Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke (35599 Views)

Fayose Blasts Obasanjo: "He Speaks To Remain Relevant" / Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari / Prophecy Was Made That I Will Be Vice President – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Swaggzkid: 10:54am On Aug 11, 2015
Eeeeeeww! God save us

Why didn't he say it all this years He is a gold digger!

Am sure he is tryna find favour in the side of the President

I know baba[apc warlord] won't mind the gold digger. Even when it was announced that buhari won the election he and his wife flew from their residential mansion in Lagos and went to Abuja to congratulate him* isn't that eye service? He has bitten the hand that feed him.

Quote me not coz I won't answer you .
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Querty(m): 10:54am On Aug 11, 2015
Obj needs Christ in his life!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by DONSMITH123(m): 10:54am On Aug 11, 2015
SO
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by modupe2: 10:54am On Aug 11, 2015
B
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by alexlee50: 10:54am On Aug 11, 2015
So duke just found his voice?where he dey since?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by expertman(m): 10:55am On Aug 11, 2015
Hmmmm but he actually wanted to be a life president after he was forced to become a vp.

Lies of the century.

Any way oga Duke where have u been?
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 11, 2015
Hmmmm, issues cropping up every minute. Which do we believe now?

Meanwhile, Donald Duke, the ever sleekishly looking dude. So so handsome. The spec of every woman.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Onwe101(m): 10:55am On Aug 11, 2015
he did his best
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 11, 2015
bigerboy200:
okay
I'm not suprised with OBJ pulling the strings from behind so that he can install his puppet. Obj will forever remain bitter because he ll loose relevance soon with PMB

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by cupidFlint(m): 10:55am On Aug 11, 2015
#Yawns. Irrelevant topics hitting the FP. #Yawns. Irrelevant topics hitting the FP. NairaLand is becoming clueless these days.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Frankiss44(m): 10:56am On Aug 11, 2015
hensben:
Obj is the problem of Nigeria.... He forced this two men on Nigerians.

You can say that again...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by abat4real37(f): 10:56am On Aug 11, 2015
He never wanted to become vice president, and he still contest for president. Ok

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by kingsol212: 10:56am On Aug 11, 2015
OBJ is the problem of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by doublewisdom: 10:56am On Aug 11, 2015
fragile96:
he didn't bowed out honourably, we pushed him out, coz he was too slugish.
He allowed himself to be 'pushed out' because he's an honourable man.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Nichobabe(m): 10:57am On Aug 11, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Obj always playing GOD

And he is still on it. It is PMB time to be controlled and manipulated. The man no dey tire?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by kestolove95(m): 10:57am On Aug 11, 2015
So he killed yar'adau to become president
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Sweetlemon(f): 10:57am On Aug 11, 2015
Eyen Eka mi. Long time no see/hear. Best Governor ever! kiss
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by boolet: 10:57am On Aug 11, 2015
Well said. The shameless Obj pushed him, hoping to earn a stooge but... you know the rest.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by kadunasouth(m): 10:58am On Aug 11, 2015
Was that d reason y he loot everything if can't then u resign na by force
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Omololu007(m): 10:58am On Aug 11, 2015
metroparrot:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-X4oba69v-8I/Vcm2TFZO9oI/AAAAAAAGMaA/O5mGyUkRb68/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
Former governor of Cross River state Donald Duke says former President Jonathan told him and former president Obasanjo he never wanted to be the Vice president of Nigeria when he was selected to be the running mate to late President Umaru Yar'Adua for the 2007 general election. Donald Duke said this in an interview with news magazine, The Interviewer

"You don’t give authority to an unwilling person, particularly in a country like Nigeria. Umaru never wanted to be president. He was dealing with his health issues and wanted to retire and go lecture in a university. He was really offered an appointment at the Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria. Jonathan, on the other hand, had just been re-elected to be governor of Bayelsa and when he was picked, he was not so pleased. He said to Obasanjo and me, ‘I don’t want this job".
If these two men never aspired to the office but were recruited to take on a responsibility as daunting as the management of Nigeria without mentally preparing for the office and having a grand vision of where they wanted to take Nigeria to, then there is a problem. The mental preparation is absolutely important. The vision can be scripted for you, but if you are not prepared and you have no capable team to help you follow through, it is grossly unfair. It is like converting a passenger on an aircraft to a pilot.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/jonathan-told-me-obasanjo-he-never.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove
I wonder what stopped baba iyabo from pickin gej ahead of dis man

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Atlantian: 10:59am On Aug 11, 2015
The Baboon of the Federal Republic always believes he is the king maker and wants Aso Rock to be his second home. We are where we are because a certain baboon drafted the imperfect script.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by anonimi: 10:59am On Aug 11, 2015
So

NEXT =>
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by blesoh(f): 11:00am On Aug 11, 2015
koligs:
Duke, been a while I have heard from you. Ur accomplishment in cross-river is something Nigerians will never forget.

A million like for Donald Duke and a million share for Baba
which accomplishment in whch state,the one he left wid debts whch we re still suffering till date?.i like him nd his guts but he mess d state Tinapa wetin dey d place.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by erimmy(m): 11:01am On Aug 11, 2015
My Amiable Governor. Your Excellency we Cross riverians miss you a lot .You turned our state into the cleanest and the nation's Paradise between 1999-2007.I wished you succeeded in your ambition to be the vice President then,all these wouldn't have happened to this country.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 11, 2015
lol..
thats the most handsome male politician for naija

#Yolo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by erimmy(m): 11:02am On Aug 11, 2015
My Amiable Governor. Your Excellency we Cross riverians miss you a lot .You turned our state into the cleanest and the nation's Paradise between 1999-2007.I wished you succeeded in your ambition to be the vice President then,all these wouldn't have happened to this country.Greet your wife Onariand God bless you

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by merry02(m): 11:02am On Aug 11, 2015
Obj is the prb of Nigeria.......afoba je
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by blesoh(f): 11:03am On Aug 11, 2015
Swaggzkid:
Eeeeeeww! God save us

Why didn't he say it all this years He is a gold digger!

Am sure he is tryna find favour in the side of the President

I know baba[apc warlord] won't mind the gold digger. Even when it was announced that buhari won the election he and his wife flew from their residential mansion in Lagos and went to Abuja to congratulate him* isn't that eye service? He has bitten the hand that feed him.

Quote me not coz I won't answer you .
my dear dont mind Donald Duke hez a crook,d greatest ette ino
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by kennyddonn(m): 11:04am On Aug 11, 2015
where dis handsome man dey

e don do am nah e don go

abeg wetin Barcelona go play tonight..I wan do nairabet ooo
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by PAINGAIN: 11:05am On Aug 11, 2015
This obasanjo sef. No wonder he became jona's worst enemy just bcus jona refused to dance to his music. God bless gej.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by strongerthaneva(m): 11:05am On Aug 11, 2015
doublewisdom:
Then he(GEJ) came tried his best and bowed out honourably. Haters can only hate and try to down play his efforts towards a better Nigeria but his name is already written on marble.
okay on the marble of ur house abi ur room only cos can't see it on nigeria marble of honors oo..well that gud only for wailers only wish u all gud wailing in life..
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by BabaO2: 11:06am On Aug 11, 2015
metroparrot:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-X4oba69v-8I/Vcm2TFZO9oI/AAAAAAAGMaA/O5mGyUkRb68/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
Former governor of Cross River state Donald Duke says former President Jonathan told him and former president Obasanjo he never wanted to be the Vice president of Nigeria when he was selected to be the running mate to late President Umaru Yar'Adua for the 2007 general election. Donald Duke said this in an interview with news magazine, The Interviewer

"You don’t give authority to an unwilling person, particularly in a country like Nigeria. Umaru never wanted to be president. He was dealing with his health issues and wanted to retire and go lecture in a university. He was really offered an appointment at the Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria. Jonathan, on the other hand, had just been re-elected to be governor of Bayelsa and when he was picked, he was not so pleased. He said to Obasanjo and me, ‘I don’t want this job".
If these two men never aspired to the office but were recruited to take on a responsibility as daunting as the management of Nigeria without mentally preparing for the office and having a grand vision of where they wanted to take Nigeria to, then there is a problem. The mental preparation is absolutely important. The vision can be scripted for you, but if you are not prepared and you have no capable team to help you follow through, it is grossly unfair. It is like converting a passenger on an aircraft to a pilot.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/jonathan-told-me-obasanjo-he-never.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove
I craved for this cute and cerebral man to be president but, but...I dont know why they went for sick pilot and mentally insufficient co-pilot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Etang Umoyo Edet Decamps From APC To PDP In Akwa Ibom State / Obaseki Replies Zainab Ahmed On Printing Of N60 Billion / AAUA: Army Dismisses Rapist Soldier, Hands Over To Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.