Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke (35603 Views)

Fayose Blasts Obasanjo: "He Speaks To Remain Relevant" / Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari / Prophecy Was Made That I Will Be Vice President – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by KanwuliaJara: 1:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
Water UNDER bridge!
Errrrrrr? Fine BOY, no PIMPOS!

Na probe era we dey now o!
Please, don't drag us back!
Thanks!!!! kiss
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by paulkollins: 1:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
Thank God even when the plane crashed, we all survived it. Blessed Nigeria.
smiley Thanks ODUDU.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Ephemmm: 1:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
NOTRIBE:
my explanation is that your certificate is fake because you were forced and manipulated to accept your admission,that is why you can perform basic engineering projects, and clueless..which were chaarcteristics of GEJ...i know you will still come and deny it like GEJ.

At bolded, you are just sounding like a man under the influence of alcohol. Where did I tell you that I was forced to accept admission? You said you can't blame GEJ because he was forced to accept Presidency and I told you that Presidency is like a provisional admission letter to higher institution which gives such person the right to either accept or reject. I have two offers when I was seeking admission, but I take one: did the chosen institution force me to do so? It is my choice to chose such institution: no institution forced me. That is why they called it provisional admission letter.

Back to the point, if GEH choose to reject the offer when OBJ presented it, will OBJ kill him? An the adage says - "you can force a horse to the river, but it is impossible for you to force such horse to drink water". GEJ should take responsibility as regards what happened under his watch.

This was my stand and I wonder where you got the fictitious trash you were mentioning.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by erimmy(m): 1:37pm On Aug 11, 2015
Sweetlemon:

As in ehn! Imoke was just a sissy angry
Well Imoke tried his best,but He was dull and he allowed Governor Akpabio of AKS to always bully him
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by jaybee3(m): 1:39pm On Aug 11, 2015
Oga Jona isn't a baby the last time i checked. The revelation even makes him look more ridiculous and weak if has always been pushed around as reported.

You absolutely do not set yourself for failure and his ambition should have stopped him from accepting the offer

How come he then decided to put himself forward for yet another election even though he was reported to have agreed to serving a single term?

He is no different from other politicians holding this great country of ours down

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
OK I see. if food is forced down one's throat, he shallows cus he has no choice. This was in 2011, what then happened in 2015? If the clueless one wasn't interested in the no 1 job, why did he contest for 2nd term, or was that mama piss who was actually in the race?! Omo, see me see gobe, mama piss wanted to be Nigerian presido!
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by wazobiaN9(m): 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2015
doublewisdom:
Then he(GEJ) came tried his best and bowed out honourably. Haters can only hate and try to down play his efforts towards a better Nigeria but his name is already written on marble.

I GUESS THAT MARBLE IS IN YOUR KITCHEN... !

YOU ARE A JOKER
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by major466(m): 2:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
I believe Donald Duke. The pair of Umaru and GEJ were not so popular nationaly during the 2007 elections compared to other notable presidential hopefuls. I remember vividly how all political pamutations collapsed when OBJ out of the blues presented the duo of Umaru/GEJ as presidential contenders, against widely popular candidates like Donald Duke, Odili and others in 2007.
Indeed OBJ is a very cunning man. In other to retain power indirectly, he choose two men that never interested in national leadership. The plan was to make them dependent on him for advice as they lead, thereby ruling Nigeria indirectly. No wonder Obasanjo was so pist off when GEJ decided that it was time for him to stand his ground as President and ignore him. Honestly OBJ has serious mental leadership problems.
Nevertheless, GEJ will remain my Hero because he came, serve and did his best against all odds.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Pain(m): 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
Unsad:
Now that old wizard wants him jailed for, Jonathan too is dumb , been a fuccing novice in presidential duties deserves a jail term

Obasanjo is indeed a WIZARD. He is one of the VAMPIRES sucking our collective heritage dry. HE MUST BE EXORCISED FROM NIGERIA
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by ShySteady(m): 2:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
Yar'Adua never prepared for the task of handling Nigeria (but in your opinion, he did well) and Jonathan didn't prepare either to assist Yar'Adua not to talk of taking over after the former died in office.
What is this Duke saying?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by clefstone(m): 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
koligs:
Duke, been a while I have heard from you. Ur accomplishment in cross-river is something Nigerians will never forget.

A million like for Donald Duke and a million share for Baba and forget about Jonathan
Bleep ur baba. And by ur baba I mean that slimy OBJ
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by sammyj: 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2015
.... grin shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
NOTRIBE:
Who are you to say duke is not saying the truth, some of you are brainwashed that, your stupidity is second to none....can you even become class rep in your small class.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by sammyj: 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2015
.................................................................... cheesy shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
macof:

GEJ didn't do so bad compared to the many incompetent leaders in Nigerian history.

Let's see what buhari will do. ..this is how people were praising GEJ at the early stages. ..I thought we have learnt our lesson
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by koligs: 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
blesoh:

lwkmd, I stay here nd i knw wat am talking abt,Liyel and Don re same,they did noth.Liyel said he was paying d debt Don left,my bros Don did noth,he used tinapa to cover up his crimes,for ur info my uncle was d accountant then,we knw wat he did wen EFCC was abt to jack him,my uncle saved him.

Lol, for real
Then I blame the media then...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by koligs: 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
blesoh:

during his time no promotion,it was Liyel dat promoted d civil servants last 2yrs,,after 10yrs of no promotion,i shld cont?
I love Don no doubt but hez a crook,ette ino,once i mention his name my aunt will be like "noooooo do u knw hw we suffered as workers in his regime"?

I blame the hype of the media then

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by neocortex: 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
metroparrot:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-X4oba69v-8I/Vcm2TFZO9oI/AAAAAAAGMaA/O5mGyUkRb68/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
Former governor of Cross River state Donald Duke says former President Jonathan told him and former president Obasanjo he never wanted to be the Vice president of Nigeria when he was selected to be the running mate to late President Umaru Yar'Adua for the 2007 general election. Donald Duke said this in an interview with news magazine, The Interviewer

"You don’t give authority to an unwilling person, particularly in a country like Nigeria. Umaru never wanted to be president. He was dealing with his health issues and wanted to retire and go lecture in a university. He was really offered an appointment at the Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria. Jonathan, on the other hand, had just been re-elected to be governor of Bayelsa and when he was picked, he was not so pleased. He said to Obasanjo and me, ‘I don’t want this job".
If these two men never aspired to the office but were recruited to take on a responsibility as daunting as the management of Nigeria without mentally preparing for the office and having a grand vision of where they wanted to take Nigeria to, then there is a problem. The mental preparation is absolutely important. The vision can be scripted for you, but if you are not prepared and you have no capable team to help you follow through, it is grossly unfair. It is like converting a passenger on an aircraft to a pilot.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/jonathan-told-me-obasanjo-he-never.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove

Donald duke has not forgiven OBJ's preference of GEJ over him.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by nightmile: 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2015
sigiyaya:
I have a dream...
I have a dream...........
That one day OBJ died and Nigeria was better grin grin grin grin

No one knows tomorrow, you probably may die before him..
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by kasay: 4:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
I find it absurd when people ignorantly hype Duke as the best Governor. Incidentally, I am not just from the same state with Duke,but I was very close to his administration. Duke is the biggest con-man in Africa, he was the most deadly governor with the most dangerous killer squad led by a school mate of mine that later turned himself into a blood-thirsty professional assassin.
Duke ensured that key opposition figures where all murdered including his own estranged deputy(John Okpa) and a well respected reverend father in calabar. All Duke's projects were either white elephant or designed to profit him directly. He borrowed money to fund Tinapa and ended up owning 50% of Tinapa. He sold all Cross River assets to himself(we had to go to court to recover some of the assets). Duke left cross river with a debt burden of over a 100billiin as at 2007. He was a serial and professional 419 artist in surulere before manipulating his way into office as Governor. Obj declined making him VP because of his criminal past, certificates forgery and theft of LG funds as well as other related negative security reports on him. I'm not a fan of GEJ, but GEJ is a saint compared to Duke. He is infinitely crafty, cheeky, criminal-minded and deceitful. He is against GEJ and Yar'Adua because he didn't get the ministerial position he was angling for throughout these men's administration. Believe Donald Etim Duke, and you will believe anything.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Appareil(m): 4:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
UNCLE DONALD DUKE, THIS IS UNNECESSARY. LEAVE UNCLE JONA ALONE. THANKS
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Appareil(m): 4:26pm On Aug 11, 2015
kasay:
I find it absurd when people ignorantly hype Duke as the best Governor. Incidentally, I am not just from the same state with Duke,but I was very close to his administration. Duke is the biggest con-man in Africa, he was the most deadly governor with the most dangerous killer squad led by a school mate of mine that later turned himself into a blood-thirsty professional assassin.
Duke ensured that key opposition figures where all murdered including his own estranged deputy(John Okpa) and a well respected reverend father in calabar. All Duke's projects were either white elephant or designed to profit him directly. He borrowed money to fund Tinapa and ended up owning 50% of Tinapa. He sold all Cross River assets to himself(we had to go to court to recover some of the assets). Duke left cross river with a debt burden of over a 100billiin as at 2007. He was a serial and professional 419 artist in surulere before manipulating his way into office as Governor. Obj declined making him VP because of his criminal past, certificates forgery and theft of LG funds as well as other related negative security reports on him. I'm not a fan of GEJ, but GEJ is a saint compared to Duke. He is infinitely crafty, cheeky, criminal-minded and deceitful. He is against GEJ and Yar'Adua because he didn't get the ministerial position he was angling for throughout these men's administration. Believe Donald Etim Duke, and you will believe anything.
GOD BLESS YOU

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2015
metroparrot:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-X4oba69v-8I/Vcm2TFZO9oI/AAAAAAAGMaA/O5mGyUkRb68/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
Former governor of Cross River state Donald Duke says former President Jonathan told him and former president Obasanjo he never wanted to be the Vice president of Nigeria when he was selected to be the running mate to late President Umaru Yar'Adua for the 2007 general election. Donald Duke said this in an interview with news magazine, The Interviewer

"You don’t give authority to an unwilling person, particularly in a country like Nigeria. Umaru never wanted to be president. He was dealing with his health issues and wanted to retire and go lecture in a university. He was really offered an appointment at the Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria. Jonathan, on the other hand, had just been re-elected to be governor of Bayelsa and when he was picked, he was not so pleased. He said to Obasanjo and me, ‘I don’t want this job".
If these two men never aspired to the office but were recruited to take on a responsibility as daunting as the management of Nigeria without mentally preparing for the office and having a grand vision of where they wanted to take Nigeria to, then there is a problem. The mental preparation is absolutely important. The vision can be scripted for you, but if you are not prepared and you have no capable team to help you follow through, it is grossly unfair. It is like converting a passenger on an aircraft to a pilot.”

some news and lies sabi vex person sha
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by 400billionman: 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
kennygee:
Please,

What part of the World is this Donald Duke hiding?

Goto calabar during Christmas. You will see him. But don't mistake me for him...
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by greatehis: 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2015
metroparrot:

OBJ SHOULD GO AND COOL OFF SOME WERE AND LET NIGERIA BE, HABA
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Adminisher: 7:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
doublewisdom:
Then he(GEJ) came tried his best and bowed out honourably. Haters can only hate and try to down play his efforts towards a better Nigeria but his name is already written on marble.

He tried his best which was not good enough and along the way he stole a whole LOT of money. For that he will go to PRISON.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by sammyj: 7:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
NOTRIBE:
Who are you to say duke is not saying the truth, some of you are brainwashed that, your stupidity is second to none....can you even become class rep in your small class.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Eteo: 9:39pm On Aug 11, 2015
kasay:

This is soooooo true...beneath the handsome exterior laid a very criminal and deadly minded personality...the blood of the first ever Efik priest, Rev Fr Michael Offiong, who was murdered for innocently translating a Latin certificate, will continue to cast a spell of darkness on d masterminder of that act...and yes civil servants suffered immensely during his reign.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki & His Supporters Jubilating After CCT Trial in Abuja Today (Pics, Video) / Risqua: Murtala Muhammed Left N7,000 In His Account As Ex Head Of State / Obio Oluebube Meets Peter Obi, Says I Love You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.