Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke (35592 Views)

Fayose Blasts Obasanjo: "He Speaks To Remain Relevant" / Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari / Prophecy Was Made That I Will Be Vice President – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by blesoh(f): 11:06am On Aug 11, 2015
erimmy:
My Amiable Governor. Your Excellency we Cross riverians miss you a lot .You turned our state into the cleanest and the nation's Paradise between 1999-2007.I wished you succeeded in your ambition to be the vice President then,all these wouldn't have happened to this country.Greet your wife Onariand God bless you
but couldnt create jobs for us. Carnival is wat i'll remember him for plus d huge debt he left trying to build tinapa.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by nobeku: 11:06am On Aug 11, 2015
doublewisdom:
Then he(GEJ) came tried his best and bowed out honourably. Haters can only hate and try to down play his efforts towards a better Nigeria but his name is already written on marble.
His name is written on the marble,sorry,terrazzo in your parlour(not living room)...EWU!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Utchman1: 11:07am On Aug 11, 2015
doublewisdom:
Then he(GEJ) came tried his best and bowed out honourably. Haters can only hate and try to down play his efforts towards a better Nigeria but his name is already written on marble.

His name is written in cow dunk.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Divinehenrich(m): 11:07am On Aug 11, 2015
Yar adua of the blessed memory was mentally prepared for the office of the President. I remembered his well articulated 7 point-agenda. It was Jonathan that never happened to be prepared ever as a sitting president, he did not any concrete plan.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Psyrus(m): 11:08am On Aug 11, 2015
Is that so? How come GEJ didn't want to leave office again until baba came and ......

I guess its non of my biz! One more origin pls
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Sweetlemon(f): 11:10am On Aug 11, 2015
erimmy:
My Amiable Governor. Your Excellency we Cross riverians miss you a lot .You turned our state into the cleanest and the nation's Paradise between 1999-2007.I wished you succeeded in your ambition to be the vice President then,all these wouldn't have happened to this country.Greet your wife Onariand God bless you

As in ehn! Imoke was just a sissy angry
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by gbens2000(m): 11:10am On Aug 11, 2015
obj=ostentatious barbaric jabber.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 11, 2015
maybe that is why he was so clueless...
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by 49cents(m): 11:14am On Aug 11, 2015
Omololu007:
I wonder what stopped baba iyabo from pickin gej ahead of dis man

A VERY INTELLIGENT QUESTION

OBJ HAD THE LIKES OF RIBADU, ELRUFAI AND EVEN HIS NEW FOUND FRIEND BUHARI

WHY DIDNT HE PAIR BUHARI WITH DEKU IF NOT FOR THE FEAR OF HIS ADMISNTRATION BEING PROBED

NIGERIANS ARE THE LOOSING WHILE THESE POLITICIANS ARE ENJOYING THEIR LOOT

AND SOME YOUNG NAIRALANDERS ARE BUSY ABUSING THEMSELVES CALLING EACH OTHER WAILERS AND TRAITORS

IN FEMI KUTIS VOICE "I SORRY FOR NIGERIA"

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by illiad1(m): 11:14am On Aug 11, 2015
If duke says so then its so.

Met and spoke to him once, he was simple.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Swaggzkid: 11:15am On Aug 11, 2015
blesoh:
my dear dont mind Donald Duke hez a crook,d greatest ette ino
Lolz he's an unam Ikot ma sis!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by menxer: 11:17am On Aug 11, 2015
I wish people like DD will be appointed at the Federal level.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by lordC(m): 11:21am On Aug 11, 2015
Therez a theory called "ruling from the grave".
I think dat best describes OBJ.
U don comot, but u still won dey rule from under.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by 49cents(m): 11:21am On Aug 11, 2015
Divinehenrich:
Yar adua of the blessed memory was mentally prepared for the office of the President. I remembered his well articulated 7 point-agenda. It was Jonathan that never happened to be prepared ever as a sitting president, he did not any concrete plan.

YOU ARE HEARING FIRST HAND INFORMATION THAT BOTH YARADUA AND GEJ DIDNT WANT TO ASCEND TO PRESIDENCY AND YOU ARE STUBBORNLY IMPOSING YOUR OPINION ON REALITY

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by macof(m): 11:23am On Aug 11, 2015
sammyj:
Reading !! Yaradua performed well before falling ill while GEJ at the other hand under performed and clueless which made Duke statement half truth!!! undecided

GEJ didn't do so bad compared to the many incompetent leaders in Nigerian history.

Let's see what buhari will do. ..this is how people were praising GEJ at the early stages. ..I thought we have learnt our lesson

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Ephemmm: 11:24am On Aug 11, 2015
tobimillar:
From today onward I stop blaming GEJ for the atrocities he committed while in power. He was never interested. So why will the "ebora of owu" chief olusegun obasanjo impose a man who was never interested in governing Nigeria on Nigerians? Obasanjo is really to be blamed for turning a passenger into a pilot. When d plane (Nigeria) crashes like it has already, I won't blame the passenger cum pilot, but the useless man who put a passenger on the pilot sit and risk the life of all other passengers. And here lies a PMB who for the past 12years have been trying Genuinely to correct the wrongs of Nigeria. Now he is 72...really there is little he can achieve now at this age...shame on u obj

Are you with your sense? When you were given a letter of admission in school, was it not provisional? In every contract, there must be offer and acceptance. After your secondary school, the fact that you were given admission letter by higher institution does not mandate you to take it: the choice is yours.

Therefore, why can't he rejected the offer if he was not willing? Did he make attempt to resign while in power? However, it is ironical that you can say a man who did everything possible to spend 10 years in office must not be held responsible for any atrocity he committed.

Responsibility as one of the principles of governance implied that all political office holder must be personally liable and accountable for everything that happens under their watch.

Get your fact right.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 11, 2015
Forced to the Slaughter.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by macof(m): 11:24am On Aug 11, 2015
fragile96:
he didn't bowed out honourably, we pushed him out, coz he was too slugish.

grin oya imagine it was ObJ. ..would he have gone as you did the pushing? He wouldn't have pushed you back?
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by NOTRIBE: 11:25am On Aug 11, 2015
Who are you to say duke is not saying the truth, some of you are brainwashed that, your stupidity is second to none....can you even become class rep in your small class.
sammyj:
Reading !! Yaradua performed well before falling ill while GEJ at the other hand under performed and clueless which made Duke statement half truth!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by EastLebanon(m): 11:25am On Aug 11, 2015
maziyo:
No wonder he'' Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan" failed. I wanted him to lead Nigeria again because of sentiment but i prefare President Buhari .thank God it never work cos God had a plan for Nigeria.A man with Vision and a mission (PMB).

We d igbos need a core igbo man to b appointed in ur government sir..our blood they hot das y we de wail since
see how deceitful you are,trying to create confussion,what is core igbo?,do u think you are dealing with babies?,u aren't even an igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by charlesbailey(m): 11:28am On Aug 11, 2015
story
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by ocelot2006(m): 11:28am On Aug 11, 2015
No wonder it wasn't a do - or - die affair with GEJ. Unlike most politicians. Still GEJ came, performed far better than his predecessors, and bowed out honourably, thus setting the pace for Nigerian political leaders and clearly showing that he was a class ahead of them. Thank you Donald Duke for this insight.

God bless GEJ
God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by NOTRIBE: 11:30am On Aug 11, 2015
your analogy is stupid...unless you are telling us that your parents bought your jamb form, employed an impersonator in a special centre and you scored more than people who are more qualified than you,tell me how can you become a good engineer,even if you accept the admission?.. no wonder you are still roaming the streets day dreaming and hoping one day you will b
e better than henry ford
Ephemmm:

Are you with your sense? When you were given a letter of admission in school, was it not provisional? In every contract, there must be offer and acceptance.

The fact that you were given admission letter does not mandate you to take it: the choice is yours. Therefore, why can't he rejected the offer if he was not willing?

Get your fact right.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by emamos: 11:30am On Aug 11, 2015
sigiyaya:
I have a dream...
I have a dream...........
That one day OBJ died
and Nigeria was better grin grin grin grin
death is inevitable....We are all mortal
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by AreaFada2: 11:30am On Aug 11, 2015
alexlee50:
So duke just found his voice?where he dey since?
But this is very well known. GEJ was never at all interested in politics. He never even took a form to contest as councillor. It took DSP Alams many visits to persuade GEJ be be his deputy candidate for Bayelsa governorship election. Even when Alams had troubles, he never schemed to be governor. We saw his patience as VP with ill Yar'Adua. Leading Bayelsa PDP team to Eagle square in late 2006, he never even knew he would be Yar'Adua's running mate. Considering his circumstances, you have to say he did his best. Duke and Odili who wanted the job badly were considered overambitious by OBJ and sidelined. OBJ didn't want another Atiku in Aso Rock.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Sweetlemon(f): 11:34am On Aug 11, 2015
Swaggzkid:

Lolz he's an unam Ikot ma sis!

Afo di Ufan mi, Mbok, leave matter, kpukpru politicians edi ino. But akamba ino mmo, ekpiri ino mmo. tongue
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by emamos: 11:34am On Aug 11, 2015
Chiaka:
Donald Duke the Best Governor of his time. Where have you been. Always talking sense! grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Mark4reel: 11:35am On Aug 11, 2015
maziyo:
No wonder he'' Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan" failed. I wanted him to lead Nigeria again because of sentiment but i prefare President Buhari .thank God it never work cos God had a plan for Nigeria.A man with Vision and a mission (PMB).

We d igbos need a core igbo man to b appointed in ur government sir..our blood they hot das y we de wail since
Guy i really love this your admittance it shows you are waking up to the reality of the time that we need change and change has come we can only but wish buhari success in his change agenda for Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by RaphaelChuks(m): 11:36am On Aug 11, 2015
GEJ Really tried his best. And he will continually be remembered by both folks nd friends even when they hide the truth and present lies against him. No one in this Africa will be remembered or termed GLOBAL PEACE AMBASSADOR apart from him.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by alabiyemmy(m): 11:37am On Aug 11, 2015
He later became President and not only Vice. All the rest na story.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by ocelot2006(m): 11:38am On Aug 11, 2015
fragile96:
he didn't bowed out honourably, we pushed him out, coz he was too slugish.

No you did not. He bowed out honourably. If he had the same mentality as OBJ and most of our politicians and had pulled a stunt by rigging MASSIVELY in his favour, I assure you you wouldn't have done jack. But GEJ conceded LONG BEFORE the results were fully collated and congratulated GMB. A FIRST in our nation's history. You folks owe GEJ a depth of gratitude.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seyi Tinubu's Wedding At Lake Como, Italy (Photos) / "How We Stopped Buhari From Coming To Enugu" – IPOB / Bola Tinubu In Makurdi To Receive Honorary Doctorate Degree (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.