Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke (35598 Views)

Fayose Blasts Obasanjo: "He Speaks To Remain Relevant" / Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari / Prophecy Was Made That I Will Be Vice President – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Ephemmm: 11:39am On Aug 11, 2015
NOTRIBE:
your analogy is stupid...unless you are telling us that your parents bought your jamb form, employed an impersonator in a special centre and you scored more than people who are more qualified than you,tell me how can you become a good engineer,even if you accept the admission?.. no wonder you are still roaming the streets day dreaming and hoping one day you will b
e better than henry ford

Please re-read you analysis and come out in a clearer term; your explanation is as fake as GEJ till 2019, honestly.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by koligs: 11:43am On Aug 11, 2015
blesoh:

which accomplishment in whch state,the one he left wid debts whch we re still suffering till date?.i like him nd his guts but he mess d state Tinapa wetin dey d place.

Go and check his accomplishments compared to his preceeded
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Goke7: 11:43am On Aug 11, 2015
GEJ truly never wanted to be President but what about mama peace?
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by davidque007(m): 11:44am On Aug 11, 2015
that statement is irrelevant at this time. no need to drag us back
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 11, 2015
lonelydora:
Choi, I should have thought of that.....so some cabals asked him to carry a load as big as Nigeria he knew nothing about? They forced him all the way from Deputy Governor to President of Nigeria. Well, his acts showed that he was really confused. Thank God we now have someone who has been trying to change Nigeria for good and now have the opportunity. Sai baba.

u mean d man that killed corpers
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by BizBayo: 11:51am On Aug 11, 2015
maziyo:
No wonder he'' Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan" failed. I wanted him to lead Nigeria again because of sentiment but i prefare President Buhari .thank God it never work cos God had a plan for Nigeria.A man with Vision and a mission (PMB).

We d igbos need a core igbo man to b appointed in ur government sir..our blood they hot das y we de wail since

You're the first post election Igbo man I will come across that makes sense. Well said bro.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Abbey2sam(m): 11:52am On Aug 11, 2015
sigiyaya:
I have a dream...
I have a dream...........
That one day OBJ died and Nigeria was better grin grin grin grin

you might even die with your dream b4 him

im just saying, your mates are dreaming of how to become somebody in life and you're here someones father death
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Reference(m): 11:56am On Aug 11, 2015
blesoh:

which accomplishment in whch state,the one he left wid debts whch we re still suffering till date?.i like him nd his guts but he mess d state Tinapa wetin dey d place.

The owners of Nigeria messed up Tinapa via the customs and the NPA. Don thought with democracy comes free thinking and the general quest for advancement but he didn't realize just how sinister the forces which control this country are and how we got to where we are, the basement of development. He virtually went on his knees to Obasanjo about the place, sorry, no dice. Nigeria truly loves her people.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by NOTRIBE: 11:59am On Aug 11, 2015
my explanation is that your certificate is fake because you were forced and manipulated to accept your admission,that is why you can perform basic engineering projects, and clueless..which were chaarcteristics of GEJ...i know you will still come and deny it like GEJ.
Ephemmm:

Please re-read you analysis and come out in a clearer term; your explanation is as fake as GEJ till 2019, honestly.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by meshack15: 12:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
Donald Duke the most Handsome governor Nigerian has ever produced.
metroparrot:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-X4oba69v-8I/Vcm2TFZO9oI/AAAAAAAGMaA/O5mGyUkRb68/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
Former governor of Cross River state Donald Duke says former President Jonathan told him and former president Obasanjo he never wanted to be the Vice president of Nigeria when he was selected to be the running mate to late President Umaru Yar'Adua for the 2007 general election. Donald Duke said this in an interview with news magazine, The Interviewer

"You don’t give authority to an unwilling person, particularly in a country like Nigeria. Umaru never wanted to be president. He was dealing with his health issues and wanted to retire and go lecture in a university. He was really offered an appointment at the Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria. Jonathan, on the other hand, had just been re-elected to be governor of Bayelsa and when he was picked, he was not so pleased. He said to Obasanjo and me, ‘I don’t want this job".
If these two men never aspired to the office but were recruited to take on a responsibility as daunting as the management of Nigeria without mentally preparing for the office and having a grand vision of where they wanted to take Nigeria to, then there is a problem. The mental preparation is absolutely important. The vision can be scripted for you, but if you are not prepared and you have no capable team to help you follow through, it is grossly unfair. It is like converting a passenger on an aircraft to a pilot.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/jonathan-told-me-obasanjo-he-never.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by chuksmad(m): 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
That is very possible, GEJ was not prepared mentally to lead Nigeria, just that fate thrust that responsibility to him.

[size=20pt]For practical knowledge of basic html and css coding with Dreamweaver, visit www.prislaw.com[/size]
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by bsjay(m): 12:10pm On Aug 11, 2015
fragile96:
he didn't bowed out honourably, we pushed him out, coz he was too slugish.
Yes, u are right. GEJ was too sluggish that's why he's given the name: "baba go slow"
#smh
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by bsjay(m): 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
Swaggzkid:
Eeeeeeww! God save us

Why didn't he say it all this years He is a gold digger!

Am sure he is tryna find favour in the side of the President

I know baba[apc warlord] won't mind the gold digger. Even when it was announced that buhari won the election he and his wife flew from their residential mansion in Lagos and went to Abuja to congratulate him* isn't that eye service? He has bitten the hand that feed him.

Quote me not coz I won't answer you .
U called Duke a gold digger? I bet u, no member of ur family throughout existence will reach the height Duke has attained. Ebok!
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by amuwo1980: 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
And u duke is prepared? You think managing nigeria is like borrowing all the money in world with dreams of grandiose that stems out of ur fantasy land childish mind, it is not my friend, if nigeria is a law abiding country you would be in jail, go back to girlfriends Abeg
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by 989900: 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
Didn't I mention 2 days ago that OBJ is arguably Nigeria's biggest obstacle of progress right from rigging in Shagari, Yar'Adua, then Jonathan.

OBJ=Me>9JA
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by sampen(m): 12:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
Why is Donald Duke spiting it out now, Y didnt he spit it out wen GEJ was in seat.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by bsjay(m): 12:28pm On Aug 11, 2015
Mr Handsome Duke. A mentor, a brother and friend. It's with sadness I announce to u that Calabar is still dwelling on the past glory u left behind. Nothing tangible has been achieved for the state since u left.
We can't have u back as governor and so, we pray and hope we will have u someday in Aso Rock to clear all the mess and build the Nigeria of our dream as a great mason and builder u really are.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by chynergy1(m): 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
he never wanted to .....
but when he now wanted, he was denied.
quite ridiculous undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by daresimon(m): 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2015
doublewisdom:
Then he(GEJ) came tried his best and bowed out honourably. Haters can only hate and try to down play his efforts towards a better Nigeria but his name is already written on marble.

Honourably you mean?

If that is your definition of the word then oxford dictionary needs to be revised.

Why did he go to such an extend to be revoted?
If really he is an honourable man.
He wan end to stay forever on a job he never wanted in the first place.
The man is my definition of hypocrisy if you ask me.
He is nothing but a dunce and a slowpoke
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by malbro(m): 12:43pm On Aug 11, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
God bless Gej
Am yet to see d change
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Seawhy(m): 12:49pm On Aug 11, 2015
Why now
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by coolitempa(f): 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2015
This article is true.....Jonathan never wanted the presidency and should have bowed out.....does anyone remember WikiLeaks where he told the American diplomat that he is not qualified
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by blesoh(f): 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
koligs:

lwkmd, I stay here nd i knw wat am talking abt,Liyel and Don re same,they did noth.Liyel said he was paying d debt Don left,my bros Don did noth,he used tinapa to cover up his crimes,for ur info my uncle was d accountant then,we knw wat he did wen EFCC was abt to jack him,my uncle saved him.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by blesoh(f): 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
koligs:

during his time no promotion,it was Liyel dat promoted d civil servants last 2yrs,,after 10yrs of no promotion,i shld cont?
I love Don no doubt but hez a crook,ette ino,once i mention his name my aunt will be like "noooooo do u knw hw we suffered as workers in his regime"?
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by lexy2014: 1:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
sammyj:
Reading !! Yaradua performed well before falling ill while GEJ at the other hand under performed and clueless which made Duke statement half truth!!! undecided
donald duke was one of d presidential candidates on d platform of PDP in 2007. as far as i was concerned, he was and still is presidential material but obasanjo had other plans. rumour has it that OBJ wasnt comfortable with donald duke becoming president cos he was "too stubborn".
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Chidoo74: 1:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
U obj want him jailed, y
There's God ooo
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by blesoh(f): 1:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
Reference:

The owners of Nigeria messed up Tinapa via the customs and the NPA. Don thought with democracy comes free thinking and the general quest for advancement but he didn't realize just how sinister the forces which control this country are and how we got to where we are, the basement of development. He virtually went on his knees to Obasanjo about the place, sorry, no dice. Nigeria truly loves her people.
i wish he used d money for smth else,Tinapa is so empty,noth is happening there,apart frm decmber wen visitors come its alwaz dry.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by j1mmy: 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
is he an infant?
If someone offers you a job, you are either not going to accept or accept
if you accept without wanting the job you are an slowpoke.
and that imbecility has cost Nigeria several billions of Dollar and a 6 year wasted opportunity.
GEJ must be jailed!
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by erimmy(m): 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
blesoh:

but couldnt create jobs for us. Carnival is wat i'll remember him for plus d huge debt he left trying to build tinapa.
.Blesoh,I quite understand with you.Don tried his best. I don't really like the carnival sha but he made Cross River state to be known in the world map through his numerous tourism revolution. For the Tinapa,the blame should go to the FG because they didn't follow through their own part of the agreement. That project was suppose to be FG/Cross River/private sector executed,but FG reneged on theirs and allow the state to carry the brunt.If it was well executed as planned the state would have been reaping its benefits now.And I think politics was involved too.Look at obudu mountain race,it was all his brain child.
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by tete7000(m): 1:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
True talk!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Etang Umoyo Edet Decamps From APC To PDP In Akwa Ibom State / Obaseki Replies Zainab Ahmed On Printing Of N60 Billion / AAUA: Army Dismisses Rapist Soldier, Hands Over To Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.