Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,148 members, 7,849,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:38 AM

The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test (14871 Views)

Dr Maduka C Ogwueleka: "Staphylococus Aureus Is A Scam In Nigeria" / Buy Reveal DNA Paternity Test From Micostarmall / Buy DNA Paternity Test Kit From Micostarmall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Ewuro4: 10:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mikollon1:

No one will do it for you. You have to argue and fight for male rights every chance you get.

Fûcking terrorist , looking for followers eh? Na thunder go fire your left yansh!

Ijjiot

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:14pm On Aug 16, 2015
babygirlfl:

Most women I know that support gender equality appreciate that with rights comes responsibility. Apart from restriction from mother nature and biological make-up, I do not believe there should be any other difference in the way men and women are treated, their worth , the tasks and roles they do.

Apart from the fact that cars run on land, and ships in water, I do not believe there should be any difference in the way they are tended... tongue

4 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mikollon1:

Sorry I keep the last word.

The technology is foreign indeed. Something that has been developed to the point it can fit into your jean's small pocket is now an expensive technology. Hope you know man went to the moon in the 60s with less technology that's in a basic electronic watch.

There's nothing rocket science about it. You'd be surprised how mundane it is. You can fly from lag to abj for less that 30k. The technology that 30k buys you is more than that required to do the test.
In my main post, I explained why it is overpriced. Even you sided with it cus feared a routine paternity test attitude will sow a discord in the home.

The cost of paternity test is DELIBERATELY bloated to discourage lots of men from affording the test. The authorities feel if the test turns negative, the woman and child will be made to go look for the real baby daddy which may be very cumbersome especially if she's still nursing the infant.

The government knows the burden will find it's way to their shoulders in the form of dealing with kids that are menaces to society, having to cater for more people in the poverty band, etc. The government doesn't want that extra headache.

The way France does this is to outlaw the test entirely.

It is that simple.

My brother, there's no one person called The Government. Just a bunch of people going in and out.

If anything, these are to protect the child.
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by babygirlfl: 4:48am On Aug 17, 2015
Kimoni:

Hope you now understand why politicians will rather keep praisemongers, an unbiased opinion is never easy on the ears.

Your opinion was not actually an unbiased one. It was a very biased one. It was a combination of all the things you have read people write about feminists on Nairaland. Anyone who read your submissions with an open mind would see that all you wrote is what non feminists keep echoing in this section. There was really nothing new. The way you were bringing out things that was not part of the discussion made it look like you were writing what you thought people wanted to read yet you never addressed any of the issues raised. At some point it actually looked like you were writing for likes.

Please Kimoni, let's end the discussion or aguement here.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 6:47am On Aug 17, 2015
ApexTitan:

If the Nigerian government was actively involved in social welfare like I mentioned earlier then your argument would have some merit

Read that quote over n over. If you still can't smell your ass after reading it then read it again. Read it till you smell your ass.
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 6:49am On Aug 17, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

My brother, there's no one person called The Government. Just a bunch of people going in and out.

Did I state there is any one person called the government?
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 7:09am On Aug 17, 2015
babygirlfl:

Your opinion was not actually an unbiased one. It was a very biased one. It was a combination of all the things you have read people write about feminists on Nairaland. Anyone who read your submissions with an open mind would see that all you wrote is what non feminists keep echoing in this section. There was really nothing new. The way you were bringing out things that was not part of the discussion made it look like you were writing what you thought people wanted to read yet you never addressed any of the issues raised. At some point it actually looked like you were writing for likes.

Please Kimoni, let's end the discussion or aguement here.

You finally spilled it.

Is this why you kept getting worked up? Because the likes were making you lose it? Do you realise I was replying from my mentions? You are in an open debate and you are counting likes?? undecided Do you realise it's insulting to my person to say I was writing for likes? Who started the discussion? You or me?

Now you say it's an unbiased opinion? Will you also be the judge of what goes on in my heart? If something is not pleasant to you, it has to be an unbiased opinion??

Let me tell you something today.

One of my most respected nairalanders today is Kanwulia (I have never mentioned this nor shown it anywhere). But you know what is funny, she dislikes my tribe and she hates my faith with a passion. But yet, that has never blinded me from seeing the intelligence and comedy in her posts because I am able to compartmentalize my reading and thinking. I am able to distill whatever she writes and still see the message in it. And guess what, you will never see me jump in on her because she has desecrated my faith and I want to be seen by all as defending my it. And if you saw it, Jaybee told her exactly the same thing a while back, almost like he was reading my mind.

Again, she said something a while back - is NL for agreement of opinion?

What am I saying here Babygirl, I don't get worked up over people who share a different orientation from me. And if peradventure, one day, I decide to engage Kanwulia in a Christian debate, I would be more than ready to read whatever she has to say even when I know it won't be pleasing to me. But truly, I realise it takes a lot of discipline and maturity to get to this stage.

7 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by ApexTitan(m): 7:31am On Aug 17, 2015
Mikollon1:

Read that quote over n over. If you still can't smell your ass after reading it then read it again. Read it till you smell your ass.

Splendid. Resort to insults because you are unable to advance a solid argument.
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by lezz(m): 7:49am On Aug 17, 2015
Kimoni:

I hate to get into these feminist arguments especially with females and Bukatyne knows that, not sure why she is drawing me into it.

Anyways, my honest answer - I don't know. I honestly don't know what you'all preach.

I see a lot of scattered arguments on feminist threads ending in swearings and curses. Then I see a lot of women who are very intolerant of other women who do not believe in the movement. Omotola once gave an interview declaring that she was not a feminist and how much she revered her husband and home. The abuses, insults, curses, image tarnishing she got on that thread from feminist was very appalling and honestly, I was very disappointed and if I had been having some doubts about the movement, that sealed it. I had to ask myself if the movement was some form of cult.

Since then, I have seen women, mostly singles and a few newly-weds who cannot understand why any woman will not be a feminist because according to them, they have come to liberate women from their controlling husbands. It doesn't matter if you say you are enjoying your marriage or you have spent years making a success of the marriage; to them, you need need the feminist deliverance as long as you believe in submission or headship. Duh

Strangely enough, I get amazed when NL feminist disown people I consider to be true feminists - ie people who want to be free to do anything a man can do. Eg the free the tips. Those are the ones who don't want to cherry pick. If men can bare their chest, they also want to. Isnt hindering them gender discrimination? So why do NL feminist think they have mental issues?

Strangely, I don't even know any feminist in real life, yet I am previledged to know a lot of women achievers offline. The first woman chemical engineer in Nigeria is someone I am previledged to listen and learn from, same with 3 female bank CEOs that I get mentoring from, and countless female executives. I have heard severally from these women, asked them enough questions , not once did I hear about this movement as being one of their success secrets. These are women that when you visit at home, you won't believe it's the same people you know in the office. In their respective homes, equality is a taboo.

Let me copy Damiso's trademark ending words to say, I didn't want to write an epistle o, but somehow, I have ended up writing one. Biko, no vex smiley
Well articulated! I have pondered and cease to worry.

Feminism in Africa can never fly; with the culture of changing Brazilian hair once or twice a month, fixing nails and toe-nails in addition to expensive creams.....

Even if all the men in Africa handed women feminism on a platter of gold, they will have economic and psychological needs to contend with.

The sad truth is there are no feminist in NL. Take a hard look. None. There are only pretenders who only enjoy testing their writing skills and literally compilation of the idea.

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by babygirlfl: 7:51am On Aug 17, 2015
Kimoni:

You finally spilled it.

Is this why you kept getting worked up? Because the likes were making you lose it? Do you realise I was replying from my mentions? You are in an open debate and you are counting likes?? undecided Do you realise it's insulting to my person to say I was writing for likes? Who started the discussion? You or me?

Now you say it's an unbiased opinion? Will you also be the judge of what goes on in my heart? If something is not pleasant to you, it has to be an unbiased opinion??

One of my most respected nairalanders today is Kanwulia (I have never mentioned this nor shown it anywhere). But you know what is funny, she dislikes my tribe and she hates my faith with a passion. But yet, that has never blinded me from seeing the intelligence and comedy in her posts because I am able to compartmentalize my reading and thinking. I am able to distill whatever she writes and still see the message in it. And guess what, you will never see me jump in on her because she has desecrated my faith and I want to be seen by all as defending my it. And if you saw it, Jaybee told her exactly the same thing a while back, almost like he was reading my mind.

What am I saying here Babygirl, I don't get worked up over people who share a different orientation from me. And if peradventure, one day, I decide to engage Kanwulia in a Christian debate, I would be more than ready to read whatever she has to say even when I know it won't be pleasing to me. But truly, I realise it takes a lot of discipline and maturity to get to this stage.

Now this is getting ridiculous. Likes is the last thing that will make me lose it in nairaland. Nothing makes me lose it here.You know why, people will like rubbish as long as they are on the persons side. And the easiest way to get a like in this section is to write rubbish against feminists. Like in the real world by family and special friends is what matters to me and not nairaland like.Really, Insult to your person? If you really want to know what insult is, go back to your posts. I started the discussion because I thought we could have a mature discussion but you quickly turned it into a fight. I honestly did not start it to cause any fights.

Please stop bringing people into this discussion. If you were accommodating of peoples view, it would show in our discussion. You were the one who kept insulting a group of people. I get along with many people who share different view to mine in this section. I have been in nairaland for a while and have not had to go into an insult fest with people. That's what it means to be accommodating and disciplined. I have had to ignore insults just so I don't get into an insult fest. Don't give what you cannot take. Just so you know, the truth is you are intolerant of other peoples view. So please stop thinking you actually do and playing the victim like you all always do.

3 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 7:58am On Aug 17, 2015
ApexTitan:

Splendid. Resort to insults because you are unable to advance a solid argument.

Argument I've advanced from page one to this current page?

Since you can't reason, I can't help you. Have you smelled your ass yet?

Keep it moving kid. I'm done having you used.
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by ApexTitan(m): 7:59am On Aug 17, 2015
what did Kimoni say in her initial post that was insulting?
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 8:06am On Aug 17, 2015
babygirlfl:

Now this is getting ridiculous. Likes is the last thing that will make me lose it in nairaland. Nothing makes me lose it here.You know why, people will like rubbish as long as they are on the persons side. And the easiest way to get a like in this section is to write rubbish against feminists. Really, Insult to your person? If you really want to know what insult is, go back to your posts. I started the discussion because I thought we could have a mature discussion but you quickly turned it into a fight. I honestly did not start it to cause any fights.

Please stop bringing people into this discussion. If you were accommodating of peoples view, it would show in our discussion. You were the one who kept insulting a group of people. I get along with many people who share different view to mine in this section. I have been in nairaland for a while and have not had to go into an insult fest with people. That's what it means to be accommodating and disciplined. I have had to ignore insults just so I don't get into an insult fest. Don't give what you cannot take. Just so you know, the truth is you are intolerant of other peoples view. So please stop thinking you actually do and playing the victim like you all always do.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is getting more hilarious Babygirl. Playing the victims like I always do? cheesy cheesy cheesy

I can't even remember having a single fight with anyone ever in this family section. I repeat never ever.

So pray tell, where are those instances where I played the victim?? And pls for once, answer this question. I am really pleading. Point it out to me or better still, paste those threads here. As many as you can remember.

3 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 8:10am On Aug 17, 2015
Kimoni:

You finally spilled it.

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by babygirlfl: 8:16am On Aug 17, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is getting more hilarious Babygirl. Playing the victims like I always do? cheesy cheesy cheesy

I can't even remember having a single fight with anyone ever in this family section. I repeat never ever.

So pray tell, where are those instances where I played the victim?? And pls for once, answer this question. I am really pleading. Point it out to me or better still, paste those threads here. As many as you can remember.

I am tired of all this now. You can have the last word. Goodbye. I will have to do what I should have done since and ignore.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by ApexTitan(m): 8:26am On Aug 17, 2015
Mikollon1:

Argument I've advanced from page one to this current page?

Since you can't reason, I can't help you. Have you smelled your ass yet?

Keep it moving kid. I'm done having you used.

C'mon man. You really don't want to do this.

Nobody is buying your argument because what you are trying to do is fundamentally flawed. With this thread you are trying to import the anger and (genuine) concerns men in Western climes have into the Nigerian situation. It won't work. Right now it comes across as baseless conspiratorial bull but your desire to be some type of Pour Hommes activist beacon prevents you from seeing this.

I'm all for menfolk becoming aware of all the schemas that are at play in society at large even as it becomes increasingly femcentric. Any call for men to step up to the demands that their gender imposes on them and recover ground they've lost I will support, but this your argument right here? No way. Unfounded conspiratorial talk and FUD does not count as a call to awareness.

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 9:09am On Aug 17, 2015
ApexTitan:

C'mon man. You really don't want to do this.

Nobody is buying your argument because what you are trying to do is fundamentally flawed. With this thread you are trying to import the anger and (genuine) concerns men in Western climes have into the Nigerian situation. It won't work. Right now it comes across as baseless conspiratorial bull but your desire to be some type of Pour Hommes activist beacon prevents you from seeing this.

I'm all for menfolk becoming aware of all the schemas that are at play in society at large even as it becomes increasingly femcentric. Any call for men to step up to the demands that their gender imposes on them and recover ground they've lost I will support, but this your argument right here? No way. Unfounded conspiratorial talk and FUD does not count as a call to awareness.

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by blank(f): 10:38am On Aug 17, 2015
Kimoni:

Blank sad

Mikollon1:

Blank

Why the impersonation?

grin
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 1:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
blank:

Why the impersonation?

grin

grin grin grin grin grin impersonation of the highest order tongue
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2015
babygirlfl:

Now this is getting ridiculous. Likes is the last thing that will make me lose it in nairaland. Nothing makes me lose it here.You know why, people will like rubbish as long as they are on the persons side. And the easiest way to get a like in this section is to write rubbish against feminists. Like in the real world by family and special friends is what matters to me and not nairaland like.Really, Insult to your person? If you really want to know what insult is, go back to your posts. I started the discussion because I thought we could have a mature discussion but you quickly turned it into a fight. I honestly did not start it to cause any fights.

Lol, ladies and gentlemen, do u think dis lady is accommodating of our view considering the bolded? grin grin grin
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by TV01(m): 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2015
njokusboy:

Lol, ladies and gentlemen, do u think dis lady is accommodating of our view considering the bolded? grin grin grin
Who cares? But anyway, she is right, no one should write rubbish about feminists" - besides, you'll get way more likes for writing the truth about them - "nipple-freeing, free-bleeding, God-hating, rights without responsibilities seeking loonies" grin.

TV

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 17, 2015
TV01:

Who cares? But anyway, she is right, no one should write rubbish about feminists" - besides, you'll get way more likes for writing the truth about them - "nipple-freeing, free-bleeding, God-hating, rights without responsibilities seeking loonies" grin.

TV

cheesy cheesy
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by raumdeuter: 6:50pm On Aug 17, 2015
cool cool
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Sctests: 4:47pm On Jan 01, 2017
Mikollon1:

eBay

It took me <60secs to get these pics.

I believe in gender equality. I believe women should have the same rights and RESPONSIBILITIES as men.

I've realised women want only the rights bit. We'll see!

Sir I am Medical Scientist and I think you have misled a lot of peeps around. There is NO WHERE around the world where you can do DNA testing for £20. What is being advertised as £20 (even on your screenshot) is the COLLECTION KIT that is used to collect the samples and sent back to the lab for the ANALYSIS PROPER.

The kit is just a collection of swabsticks and consent forms both parties (DAD and Child/Mum) need to fill out.

Please edit lest people are misled.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG To Test 80million Nigerians For HIV / Help Itchy Bumps On My Penis And Scrutom / Enlarged Prostate, Diabetes, Varicoceles & Appendicitis Curable With Herbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.