Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,702 members, 7,837,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test (14829 Views)

Dr Maduka C Ogwueleka: "Staphylococus Aureus Is A Scam In Nigeria" / Buy Reveal DNA Paternity Test From Micostarmall / Buy DNA Paternity Test Kit From Micostarmall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 11:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
Mikollon1:

Guess

Guessing is not one of my strength sad
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 14, 2015
Kimoni:

You lie angry

Anybody can be whatever he or she wants to be. If she believes it strongly enough and wants it bad enough, she will do whatever a man can do.

Yes, ma. You are right. No woman has ever wanted to be better or as good as Beethoven or Michael Jackson. No female group has ever given their all to be better than The Beatles or The Rolling Stones. Where are the female Bill Gates, Steve Jobs? Alberta Einsteins nko? Socrata nko? They have all been discriminated against, I guess. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 11:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Kimoni:

Guessing is not one of my strength sad

Okay, what are you suspecting?
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 12:01am On Aug 15, 2015
Mikollon1:

Okay, what are you suspecting?

Blank sad
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 12:01am On Aug 15, 2015
Kimoni:
Funny but insightful thread.

@ Mikollon1 - what is your old moniker?

Oh, and by the way, what's funny about the thread?
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 12:02am On Aug 15, 2015
Kimoni:

Blank sad

Okay
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 12:02am On Aug 15, 2015
Mikollon1:

Okay

So who are you?
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 12:08am On Aug 15, 2015
Kimoni:

So who are you?

Blank

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 12:08am On Aug 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

Yes, ma. You are right. No woman has ever wanted to be better or as good as Beethoven or Michael Jackson. No female group has ever given their all to be better than The Beatles or The Rolling Stones. Where are the female Bill Gates, Steve Jobs? Alberta Einsteins nko? Socrata nko? They have all been discriminated against, I guess. grin

Tell me what you are going to teach your daughter about achievement? That she can never achieve what a man can achieve? Really?

Again I repeat, any female can do whatever she sets her mind to do. It's a different thing if she doesn't want to or doesn't see the need to or in some extreme cases, she wasn't given the opportunity to. But it's got nothing to do with the myth that she cannot.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 12:09am On Aug 15, 2015
Mikollon1:

Blank

sad sad sad
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 12:09am On Aug 15, 2015
Mikollon1:

Oh, and by the way, what's funny about the thread?

smiley smiley never mind
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 15, 2015
Kimoni:

Tell me what you are going to teach your daughter about achievement? That she can never achieve what a man can achieve? Really?

Again I repeat, any female can do whatever she sets her mind to do. It's a different thing if she doesn't want to or doesn't see the need to or in some extreme cases, she wasn't given the opportunity to. But it's got nothing to do with the myth that she cannot.

I will tell her to do her best and value what's most important in life. It's not a competition out there. She cannot have it all, not even men can, she should strive for balance in her life. Her value isn't in relation to what men have achieved or can achieve. If she wants to have children, she'll be best served having them in a family with a male husband. She should use her feminine strength to develop her femininity. Men have their areas of strength, women have theirs. Trying to be a man will do her no good. And yes, her primary place is in the kitchen grin. I'm serious. If she doesn't want to be in the kitchen, she should search very well for an idiiot to marry, they actually exist.

And I repeat my question, where are the female equivalent of these aforementioned men? Are you saying women haven't, at least, tried to reach these heights? Come on, Kimoni. I'm even beginning to doubt Marie Curie's purported contribution to science.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 12:32am On Aug 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

I will tell her to do her best and value what's most important in life. It's not a competition out there. She cannot have it all, not even men can, she should strive for balance in her life. Her value isn't in relation to what men have achieved or can achieve. If she wants to have children, she'll be best served having them in a family with a male husband. She should use her feminine strength to develop her femininity. Men have their areas of strength, women have theirs. Trying to be a man will do her no good. And yes, her primary place is in the kitchen grin. I'm serious.

And I repeat my question, where are the female equivalent of these aforementioned men? Are you saying women haven't, at least, tried to reach these heights? Come on, Kimoni. I'm even beginning to doubt Marie Curie's purported contribution to science.

Oga!!! All this preaching?? It's not Sunday now. Not like I don't agree with some though. What will you tell her exactly about what she can achieve. That she can never achieve as much as a man can (your initial comment that I quoted)? Or she can achieve whatever she desires to?

I don't even care about primary place. When the time is right, she will choose her place of primary assignment. They no dey teach person that one naa, dat is strictly her personal choice.

As per your question - ask google naa. You want me to be researching google for you?? A whole Timbuktu? The land of past glory tongue
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 15, 2015
Kimoni:

Oga!!! All this preaching?? It's not Sunday now. Not like I don't agree with some though. What will you tell her exactly about what she can achieve. That she can never achieve as much as a man can (your initial comment that I quoted)? Or she can achieve whatever she desires to?

I don't even care about primary place. When the time is right, she will choose her place of primary assignment. They no dey teach person that one naa, dat is strictly her personal choice.

As per your question - ask google naa. You want me to be researching google for you?? A whole Timbuktu? The land of past glory tongue

That she should do what she wants. Every decision comes at a price. I'm telling what I will tell her now, you no wan gree. Life is not a competition. Measuring her achievements by what men can achieve is limiting her potential as a woman. Like someone earlier said, men dominate certain fields, women dominate others. There are things that will be easier for her to achieve just because she's a woman. And she better not join the military, or police force or related professions. It is not womanly angry

Na today? I have heard even what you haven't said.

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 12:49am On Aug 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

That she should do what she wants. Every decision comes at a price. I'm telling what I will tell her now, you no wan gree. Life is not a competition. Measuring her achievements by what men can achieve is limiting her potential as a woman. Like someone earlier said, men dominate certain fields, women dominate others. There are things that will be easier for her to achieve just because she's a woman. And she better not join the military, or police force or related professions. It is not womanly angry

Na today? I have heard even what you haven't said.

I think I can infer your answer to my question from the bolded but I really hope you are just joking cuz you will be doing her and yourself a lot of disservice if you do.

Don't limit anyone especially your daughters. If Obama's parents had told him a black man will never become a president in U.S. so he shouldn't ever bother trying, you realise the harm that counsel would have wrecked? Again, dont limit anyone because of stereotypes. #nuffsaid
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 1:12am On Aug 15, 2015
Kimoni:

I think I can infer your answer to my question from the bolded but I really hope you are just joking cuz you will be doing her and yourself a lot of disservice if you do.

Don't limit anyone especially your daughters. If Obama's parents had told him a black man will never become a president in U.S. so he shouldn't ever bother trying, you realise the harm that counsel would have wrecked? Again, dont limit anyone because of stereotypes. #nuffsaid

Obama has been a failure by the way. Maybe someone should have told him he couldn't be so we'd be spared, amongst other things, the attempt at strong-arming Africans nations into accepting homosex. The mumu Obama will still come and claim that women are getting paid less than men for the same job.

Babe, you are reading what you want. I have said I will tell her she can achieve whatever she wants. I'm just stating my own opinion as a guide. She's at liberty to accept or tow whichever path she thinks will favour her. Stereotypes are instructive whether you want to admit so or not. Just because something is a stereotype doesn't make it wrong. wink Take note.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by rudebouy: 1:33am On Aug 15, 2015
babygirlfl:

There was no need for the sarcasm. Can we have this discussion like mature people please?

I think you have missed the point just like many people. Gender equality is the state in which access to rights or opportunities is unaffected by gender. People both male and female would always have preference for the type of job they would like to do. Gender equality means they both have the opportunity and access to the type of job they want. It does not mean they should both represent half of the population of every job as there will always be male dominated jobs and female dominated jobs.

So, in oda words feminism is all abt equal rights but with preference, abi?
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 9:40am On Aug 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

Obama has been a failure by the way. Maybe someone should have told him he couldn't be so we'd be spared, amongst other things, the attempt at strong-arming Africans nations into accepting homosex. The mumu Obama will still come and claim that women are getting paid less than men for the same job.

Babe, you are reading what you want. I have said I will tell her she can achieve whatever she wants. I'm just stating my own opinion as a guide. She's at liberty to accept or tow whichever path she thinks will favour her. Stereotypes are instructive whether you want to admit so or not. Just because something is a stereotype doesn't make it wrong. wink Take note.

This is not what you said before naa undecided then why have been going back and forth since angry

I deliberately ignored other issues you've raised so we can stay focused on the subject. I don't like scattered arguments. But we are good now with the bolded. Cheers!
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by LordReed(m): 10:15am On Aug 15, 2015
Mikollon1:

**A doctor friend told me the cost of the test in Nigeria is about #250k. He also told me that cost is artificial. The test kit can be gotten for £20 abroad.
They set the price high to put it out of the reach of the ordinary man. That's sexism.

You do know that the test kit is simply a DNA sample collection kit and does not include lab fees right?

But still 250k for paternity test is crazy expensive. Lab fees are about $80-200 (N20k-48k) in the US so even when you factor in transportation and whatnot you'd still see a crazy wide margin.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 15, 2015
Kimoni:

This is not what you said before naa undecided then why have been going back and forth since angry

I deliberately ignored other issues you've raised so we can stay focused on the subject. I don't like scattered arguments. But we are good now with the bolded. Cheers!

Maybe I should stick with telling her to do her best. Like I said earlier, her value is not in relation to what men have achieve or can achieve. When I say she can achieve whatever she wants, that's not really realistic really. Nobody can achieve everything they want, you make do with what you achieve knowing you really did put in your best. Life is littered with people who fail at ventures they truly believed they'd succeed in; ventures others succeed at. That's my point.

Maybe if you stop shaking your head straighforward things won't look so scattered. You raised Obama as a paragon of an underdog who succeeded where least expected, and I think he's a failure. I think it would have been better had he not become president. For me, it's not enough that he became president, he failed to justify the faith placed in him. The foool is busy going on gay-propagating missions. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by TV01(m): 11:11am On Aug 15, 2015
Kimoni:

You lie angry

Anybody can be whatever he or she wants to be. If she believes it strongly enough and wants it bad enough, she will do whatever a man can do.
Absolutely true.

But you see the desires of most "she'" is what precludes them from greatness, not discrimination. They don't desire the sacrifice, loneliness, risk, solitude or other extremes that are required for greatness. They prefer comfort, companionship, communing, nurturing and the like.

That is why men lead - in both an authoritative and pioneering sense. It is what it is.

TV

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 11:55am On Aug 15, 2015
TV01:

Absolutely true.

But you see the desires of most "she'" is what precludes them from greatness, not discrimination. They don't desire the sacrifice, loneliness, risk, solitude or other extremes that are required for greatness. They prefer comfort, companionship, communing, nurturing and the like.

That is why men lead - in both an authoritative and pioneering sense. It is what it is.

TV

And I agree with you. But I'll say those "desires" emanate largely from orientation. If I grew up with a father constantly telling me that I cannot achieve what a man can achieve in this life simply because I am a woman, my aspiration is automatically tailored away from those vocations that are male-dominated. And that would not be because I couldn't do it but I had been made to believe that I couldn't do it, hence I didn't bother trying.

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by TV01(m): 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2015
Kimoni:

And I agree with you. But I'll say those "desires" emanate largely from orientation. If I grew up with a father constantly telling me that I cannot achieve what a man can achieve in this life simply because I am a woman, my aspiration is automatically tailored away from those vocations that are male-dominated. And that would not be because I couldn't do it but I had been made to believe that I couldn't do it, hence I didn't bother trying.
Hate to have to spell it out - I don't really grin - but it's not about orientation or societal constructs. it's about women's informed choices. Based to a large extent on biological - childbearing - imperatives. And not very many men get to achieve in a comparative or superlative sense either.

All over the West female students are been begged and bribed to take up STEM courses. They ardently and unashamedly refuse to do so. It's female choice - based on preferences. It is what it is.

TV

4 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by innervoice(m): 12:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

Ignorance at its peak.

4 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
TV01:

All over the West female students are been begged and bribed to take up STEM courses. They ardently and unashamedly refuse to do so. It's female choice - based on preferences. It is what it is.

TV

"Never let facts stand in the way of a preferred narrative, sir. "

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 15, 2015
innervoice:

Ignorance at its peak.
Please enlighten me.
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by innervoice(m): 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

More ignorance.

5 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2015
innervoice:

More ignorance.
Americans would beg to differ.
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by innervoice(m): 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

Please enlighten me.

I am not sure it is possible.

Mathematician and U.S. naval officer Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper invents the computer compiler, which revolutionized computer programming. She and her team also developed the first user-friendly business computer programming language, COBOL (Common Business-Oriented Language).

Chemist Stephanie Louise Kwolek invents Kevlar, a polymer fiber that is five times stronger than the same weight of steel and is now used in bulletproof vests, helmets, trampolines, tennis rackets, tires, and many other common objects.

Barbara McClintock, an American scientist and cytogeneticist, becomes the first woman to win, unshared, the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, for her discovery of a genetic mechanism called transposition.

Ellen Ochoa becomes the first Hispanic female astronaut in space. The veteran of three space flights, who has logged over 719 hours in space, is also an electrical engineer with patents on high-tech optical recognition systems and optical systems for spacecraft automation.

http://www.neatorama.com/2007/11/12/a-short-history-of-women-inventors-and-scientists/

JUST A FEW EXAMPLES

What have you achieved so far?

My wife is also a researcher. I am sure she is more successful than you from the impression I have of you on this forum.

4 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by innervoice(m): 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

Americans would beg to differ.

Another ignorant remark. All Americans?

4 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2015
chicago.suntimes.com/politics/7/71/159075/majority-of-americans-say-obamas-presidency-has-been-a-failure

A majority of Americans and even many Democrats consider President
Obama's tenure to be a "failure," according to a new poll from the
Washington Post and ABC News.
The poll shows Americans say 52-42 that Obama has been more of a
failure than a success. Among registered voters, the gap is even bigger --
at 55-39 -- with four in 10 (41 percent) saying they "strongly" believe Obama has been a failure.

Those saying Obama has been a failure include one in four Democrats (25
percent), nearly three in 10 liberals (29 percent)
and the vast, vast
majority of conservative Republicans (92 percent). Nearly one in five
liberals (18 percent) say they feel "strongly" that Obama has been a
failure.

Interestingly, there is also some crossover on the other side. About one in
five conservatives (22 percent) say Obama has been a success (note: this is a different group from "conservative Republicans"wink, as do 48 percent of
moderates. In fact, self-described moderates are more likely to rate
Obama a success (48 percent) than as a failure (44 percent).

Now, we shouldn't read too much into these numbers. The question is a
binary one, in which people are asked to choose between "success" or
"failure," with no third option offered (though people were allowed to
volunteer one). If the question was "failure or not" rather than "failure or
success," you'd likely see fewer people choosing the f-word.
The numbers also track very closely with Obama's overall approval
ratings, which stood at 51-42 disapproval among all Americans and 54-42
disapproval among registered voters. But it's not a perfect correlation, as
12 percent of Americans who approve of Obama say he is a failure, and 8
percent who disapprove of him still say he's been a success.

Regardless, the numbers demonstrate that opposition to Obama's
presidency isn't shallow. The fact that people are willing to use the f-word
as much as they are -- regardless of the alternative -- suggests it's not just about the man and what he's done; it's also about the results he's gotten.
And on the whole, Americans give it a failing grade.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/09/09/a-majority-of-americans-say-obamas-presidency-is-a-failure/

Innervoice, this is just google first page. I'm sure if I look more doggedly I'll some solid analysis of his under-achievements.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2015
innervoice:

Another ignorant remark. All Americans?

Ode, did all Nigerian vote for Buhari? Abi person wey get 22% for exam pass the exam? Where do they mill you idiiots from these days sef?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zobo Drink Was Brought In Instead Of Blood At Hospital? (photos) / 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos / Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.