Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,241 members, 7,839,269 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test (14846 Views)

Dr Maduka C Ogwueleka: "Staphylococus Aureus Is A Scam In Nigeria" / Buy Reveal DNA Paternity Test From Micostarmall / Buy DNA Paternity Test Kit From Micostarmall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2015
Onegai:
Hmm, but the OP is actually wrong.

I mean about the DNA testing in France, Germany and Sweden.

IT IS ILLEGAL TO CONDUCT A SECRET DNA TEST ON A CHILD BECAUSE ACCORDING TO THOSE COUNTRIES' LAWS, IT VIOLATES THEIR RIGHT TO PRIVACY.

The "Disturbing the Peace" falls under that. If you want to get a DNA test, simply apply for a court order which shows the consent of both parents have been given and it will be issued to you immediately. No questions asked.

And as to why DNA tests are expensive in Nigeria, I thought every reasonable logical person knew everything is inflated in Nigeria for profit.

Right? You knew that right?

oh, wait...

grin grin

This individual did absolutely zero research. She just used my post as evidence and tried to rationalise why it happens, still based on points I made it my post.

This actually made me lol. For real!!

I'm not here to spoon-feed people. People have Internet but choose to refuse to use it for meaningful things.

"...every reasonable logical person..." You know, when people can't debate without insults, it shows their level of discipline (or lack thereof).

Guys, when u hit women/feminists with facts, they resort to insults like:
He's not a real man
He hates women
He's heart broken

Oh well...!!

To reasonable people out there, before you try to debate me, check for facts first. Don't bore me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2015
bukatyne:

Thankfully you acknowledged that feminism did not start quota system so there is no need listing it as one of the ills of feminism.

Quota System will always be part and parcel of human relations. Infact, it is used in Nigerian politics sef.

Do I support it, no.

Whether they invented it or not is irrelevant. Feminists and feminism have the fight for female quota as a major priority today. It is an ill that feminism is trying toforce down our throats. It is such a contentious issue that it's been debated several times in the EU. You people may not have invented it, but you're advocating the shiit out of it.

We are all aware about this.

Then maybe you should educate your sistren about the ills of it and let us hear word.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Onegai(f): 4:20pm On Aug 15, 2015
Mikollon1:

This individual did absolutely zero research. She just used my post as evidence and tried to rationalise why it happens, still based on points I made it my post.

This actually made me lol. For real!!

"...every reasonable logical person..." You know, when people can't debate without insults, it shows their level of discipline (or lack thereof).

Guys, when u hit women/feminists with facts, they resort to insults like:
He's not a real man
He hates women
He's heart broken

Oh well...!!

To reasonable people out there, before you try to debate me, check for facts first. Don't bore me.

I did more research than you (my lawyer friend is the one who prosecuted the Marseilles case so I'm assuming a practising lawyer knows more than random NLer), you came and stated information you got off the internet. Go get evidence (like i did) and show us or I call bull. shi. t on your assumptions.

People, don't just believe anyone who writes anything on NL, ask for hard evidence, not websites created by anyone.

3 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by TV01(m): 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
Onegai:

Go to the court and tell them the Mother refuses consent. They will order it. it's that simple. One of your "nna bros" attempted such a stunt in Germany and the Mother immediately applied to the court's for a DNA test and stated he was refusing to give consent yet challenging Paternity. Now the govt deducts the Child support directly from his bank account monthly cheesy

Same in France, dude in Marseilles wanted to get his kids to travel to Nigeria to meet family. Mother refused and said she wasn't sure he would bring them back or that he was the Father. He went to court and asked for a DNA test to be administered to clear up paternity. Mother was served with papers. Now his kids hold Nigerian passports as well.

But this is more about you attacking rather than questioning the validity of the statement that "Countries are denying men their rights, we mens is in troubles oh noes" grin

Nope. The court does not simply order it. The underpinning principle is "in the best interest of the child", hence a number of things can thwart the fathers desire. And the most onerous one being even where the test is carried out and paternity is established as not the mans/husbands, he can still be mandated to pay child support.

The premise that men are unfairly burdened remains. Even if the test establishes paternity is not his and the courts don't enforce child support payments, back payments are not refunded - what if one discovers after 18+ years? A child over 16 does not even have to agree to be tested.

The laws typically winks at the womans indiscretion and passes the cost on to some unlucky fellow. Men be wise

http://www.christianpost.com/news/jailed-for-nonpayment-of-child-support-but-its-not-his-child-92576/
http://truthinmedia.com/state-orders-man-to-pay-30k-in-child-support-or-face-jail-despite-proof-he-is-not-father/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3010327/I-went-without-electricity-days-didn-t-eat-Fury-man-forced-pay-child-support-13-years-girl-s-never-met-despite-DNA-test-proving-s-not-his.html

TV

4 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
Onegai:

Same in France, dude in Marseilles wanted to get his kids to travel to Nigeria to meet family. Mother refused and said she wasn't sure he would bring them back or that he was the Father. He went to court and asked for a DNA test to be administered to clear up paternity. Mother was served with papers. Now his kids hold Nigerian passports as well.

"Countries are denying men their rights, we mens is in troubles oh noes" grin

There are humane countries in the world that allows either parent to check for paternity. Spain is among them. I did not in any part of my post suggest they are not.

In your France example, the man and woman have kids.
The man was filed as the father.
The man wanted to take the kids to Nigeria but the woman refused.

Your point makes no sense juxtaposing it with mine.

There was no place in my post I stated the father of a child needs to prove paternity to travel with his kids. Even if he's not the biological father, as long as he's filed, he's the defacto father. Therefore he has the freedom to move with his kids as he pleases.

Your point would have made sense if the woman, in France, wanted the man to travel with the kids but the man refused since he's not the father.

You see why people fail exams?

People don't read.

I left that second paragraph in your quote to demonstrate your thoughts about male rights. To you, anything male rights should be made mockery off.

3 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Onegai(f): 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2015
TV01, look up Kelly Rutherford's case (she just lost custody of her kids last week). Speak to a lawyer, the law doesn't care you carried the child for 9 months, it values the well-being of the child ABOVE ALL. The reason more women get custody is the individual aspects of the case makes it so. I met a lady last week photocopying documents to show she was the one paying for the house she and her kids lived in, because her ex hit her for child support. The law doesn't say "oh you're a mum, here's a free pass". It may look that way, but trust me it's not (too many cases to count).

And those websites can write anything, they are not required to be truthful or not to slander or to be factual, they can be biased (quoting the Daily Mail is like quoting The Daily Sun newspapers in Nigeria or any N50 newspaper). If you had quoted CNN (an entity that has to be more truthful due to being a well-known news source), I wouldn't have bothered to ask my lawyer friend if this was true. Family Law is very strict. the OP originally stated that "men are not allowed to carry out DNA tests on their kids in certain countries" which is not true. Those guys take child support seriously, they will deduct it from your paycheck, why will any govt not put a system of checks and balances in place to ensure the law is not abused?
A child born in a legal marriage is assumed to be the Father's but if the marriage ends and the Mother gets pregnant while the court is still dissolving the marriage, he will be asked to pay child support and what he has to do is go with the Mother to the court to get a court-ordered DNA test to prove he's not the Father. If the Mother refuses, he goes to court and states his case and the court will order one for him (which the Mother must comply with or face wahala).

Same thing happened to someone else I know. His ex declared he wasn't the biological Father and he left her. 9 years later he hammered and she came back and sued for back payments of child support. The court ordered a Paternity test (boy was his) but refused her back payments because he was not liable for them, he only started paying from the month DNA test came back positive. Now she's tryna be a ho' and kiss her way back onto his wallet grin since legal method didn't work.
əGqaw

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2015
Onegai:

I did more research than you (my lawyer friend is the one who prosecuted the Marseilles case so I'm assuming a practising lawyer knows more than random NLer), you came and stated information you got off the internet. Go get evidence (like i did) and show us or I call bull. shi. t on your assumptions.

People, don't just believe anyone who writes anything on NL, ask for hard evidence, not websites created by anyone.

Your lawyer friend lied to you.

At my age, I don't bank on what people tell me. I research to check my facts, and ask around to have it second-opinioned.

It is unfortunate people will rather be taught n told that go read a book, article, constitution etc by their freaking selves.

Anyway, it's my weekend so like I said, I don't have the time to spoon-feed adults. A 10s Google research will suffice.

You know, some of us download countries constitution and study them. Some of us don't talk out of our a55es. Some of us don't bank of what people tell us. Some of us bother to go check.

Too bad, then JayZ meme couldn't fit in.

3 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2015
Onegai:
TV01,

the OP originally stated that "men are not allowed to carry out DNA tests on their kids in certain countries" which is not true. Those guys take child support seriously, they will deduct it from your paycheck, why will any govt not put a system of checks and balances in place to ensure the law is not abused?

She's still confusing CHILD SUPPORT with PATERNITY TEST. Smdh.

Now I finally realise how frustrating it is to be a lecturer.

4 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by avimitch: 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2015
Abeg tell those lies gently. 20pounds for paternity test indeed.

The cheaper tests kits posted on ebay are collection kits only, additional payment needed to complete the test (in the one pic below that OP posted, $90 extra payment must be paid to complete the test). The more expensive ones already include payment for the testing.

Facts ko, facts ni.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2015
avimitch:
Abeg tell those lies gently. 20pounds for paternity test indeed.

The cheaper tests kits posted on ebay are collection kits only, additional payment needed to complete the test (in the one pic below that OP posted, $90 extra payment must be paid to complete the test). The more expensive ones already include payment for the testing.

Facts ko, facts ni.

Hi Mr Facts ko, facts ni,

Did you not notice there are several kits with varying costs?

Where you expecting them to all be precisely £20 equivalents?

Did you compare the prices (even the averagely expensive ones) with the cost in Nigeria?

Yall weaken me honestly.

Yall can't think. Or is it yall don't think?

3 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by avimitch: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2015
Mikollon1:

Hi Mr Facts ko, facts ni,

Did you not notice there are several kits with varying costs?

Where you expecting them to all be precisely £20 equivalents?

Did you compare the prices (even the averagely expensive ones) with the cost in Nigeria?

Yall weaken me honestly.

Yall can't think. Or is it yall don't think?

Was the one I used as an example precisely a £20 equivalent?

Or is it until I show you that each and every disproportionately cheap one you posted as an example does not represent the total cost of paternity testing (a blatant fact that anyone with basic deductive reasoning skills could easily have identified) that you'll understand how ridiculous you look?

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 5:46pm On Aug 15, 2015
avimitch:

Was the one I used as an example precisely a £20 equivalent?

Or is it until I show you that each and every disproportionately cheap one you posted as an example does not represent the total cost of paternity testing (a blatant fact that anyone with basic deductive reasoning skills could easily have identified) that you'll understand how ridiculous you look?

Ok kid, I'll repost the pics.

If you look closely, you'll see varying prices. Yeah?

Some fall within my figure. Some don't.

A poster had earlier mentioned that, even factoring in lab fees do not account for the bloated cost in Nigeria. I bet you didn't read it. You want to be bibbed and spoon-fed.

Hope you can "deductively" reason that.

Okay, you know what:
Get your own numbers
Convert it to naira
Get the cost of doing the procedure in Nigeria
Then compare
Factor in all factorables and list them

Do you have the "deductive reasoning skills" to do that?

Next!!

3 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by avimitch: 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2015
Mikollon1:

Ok kid, I'll repost the pics.

If you look closely, you'll see varying prices. Yeah?

Some fall within my figure. Some don't.

A poster had earlier mentioned that, even factoring in lab fees do not account for the bloated cost in Nigeria. I bet you didn't read it. You want to be bibbed and spoon-fed.

Hope you can "deductively" reason that.

Okay, you know what:
Get your own numbers
Convert it to naira
Get the cost of doing the procedure in Nigeria
Then compare
Factor in all factorables and list them

Do you have the "deductive reasoning skills" to do that?

Next!!

Oh boy. This is tedious. My point is simple. How you can claim to be intelligent and still not get it is laughable.

None of the examples you gave fall within the figure you quoted. The one closest to it are actually not the cost of paternity testing like you claimed. Conclusion: you're either a liar or a not very clever individual. Period.

3 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2015
bukatyne:

Interesting

And you do not believe men and women are equal?

That's one of the points anyways.

Are you kidding Bukatyne? so you think it's only feminist that believe that a woman can be whatever she wants to be? I laugh in Swahili grin

Is that what you guys even preach? then I have never heard it.

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2015
avimitch:

Oh boy. This is tedious. My point is simple. How you can claim to be intelligent and still not get it is laughable.

None of the examples you gave fall within the figure you quoted. The one closest to it are actually not the cost of paternity testing like you claimed. Conclusion: you're either a liar or a not very clever individual. Period.

Lwkm.

Dude probably confuses £ with $.

I quoted £20.

Please yall should help me check if the $ equivalent falls within what those pics show. I won't bore yall by uploading them again.

Obviously dude lacks the deductive reasoning skills to come up with his own numbers, otherwise he would have.

This is too easy it's ridiculous!

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by edwife(f): 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
Kimoni:

Are you kidding Bukatyne? so you think it's only feminist that believe that a woman can be whatever she wants to be? I laugh in Swahili grin

I always thought that you were a feminist. cheesy
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 7:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
edwife:

I always thought that you were a feminist. cheesy

grin grin grin after you ma'am
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by edwife(f): 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin grin after you ma'am

Lol not in this life time,i ain't complaining... gringrin

3 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by babygirlfl: 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2015
bukatyne:

When you are ready for a decent conversation, you can requote me undecided

I stopped our conversation when I realised he was just about towing the same line many people tow in family section. It's so difficult these days to have a discussion.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by bukatyne(f): 8:17pm On Aug 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

Just because she is more successful than you doesn't mean she can carry a candle to me. Are you sure she's a researcher or a lab attendant? Let's not get carried away please.

Meanwhile, these women are anomalies. A mere percentile of the larger female population. wink

What is the percentile of 'successful' men in the world male population?
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 15, 2015
bukatyne:

What is the percentile of 'successful' men in the world male population?

Google would better answer that.
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by babygirlfl: 8:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
bukatyne:

Thankfully you acknowledged that feminism did not start quota system so there is no need listing it as one of the ills of feminism.

Quota System will always be part and parcel of human relations. Infact, it is used in Nigerian politics sef.

Do I support it, no.

It is ok when it is part and parcel of human relations. Just like many things, it is only a problem when it involves women. Most of these men shouting about quota system don't have a problem with it when it is used for other reasons. It is when it has to do with women. You mentioned Nigerian politics which is very true. It is the only way some people will ever get political position.

What most people don't know or rather refuse to acknowledge is that quota system is almost always as a result of a bad system or belief. I don't support quota system but I do know that before quota system can be abolished, the bad system or belief should first be abolished.

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by babygirlfl: 8:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
Kimoni:

Kimoni dear, what do you think feminists preach?
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by bukatyne(f): 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2015
Kimoni:

I honestly don't know what anti-feminists (people who do not believe men and women are equal) think about that subject matter however Timbuk2 is the closest to it.

I have only seen one or two female posters whose posts reflect the men and women are not equal thingy. The rest? grin

The basics of feminisn is online. What others decide to build on it is none of my business

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by bukatyne(f): 8:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
babygirlfl:

I stopped our conversation when I realised he was just about towing the same line many people tow in family section. It's so difficult these days to have a discussion.

When I read the OP, I was thinking he had read too much novels or lived abroad for too long as Nigeria is not ripe enough for such conspiracy.

Further reading exposed the agenda of the thread.

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by bukatyne(f): 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

Google would better answer that.

Did you get the percentile of successful women from Google?

Help a sis here
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by bukatyne(f): 9:15pm On Aug 15, 2015
babygirlfl:

It is ok when it is part and parcel of human relations. Just like many things, it is only a problem when it involves women. Most of these men shouting about quota system don't have a problem with it when it is used for other reasons. It is when it has to do with women. You mentioned Nigerian politics which is very true. It is the only way some people will ever get political position.

What most people don't know or rather refuse to acknowledge is that quota system is almost always as a result of a bad system or belief. I don't support quota system but I do know that before quota system can be abolished, the bad system or belief should first be abolished.

God will help us

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
bukatyne:

Help a sis here
Google is still there grin. Try to prove me wrong, or right.
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
bukatyne:

Help a sis here
Google is still there grin. Try to prove me wrong, or right.
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 15, 2015
bukatyne:

God will help us

Help you to do what? Help you shift the goalpost from where you and your sistren initially erected it? You wailed for equal treatment, you were given and you do not measure up. Now you're asking for aids and grants claiming it's part of equal treatment. I call bvllshit on that. Either you feminists want equal treatment or you accept your limitations and men may choose to grant you quotas. grin

7 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 9:59pm On Aug 15, 2015
babygirlfl:

Kimoni dear, what do you think feminists preach?

I hate to get into these feminist arguments especially with females and Bukatyne knows that, not sure why she is drawing me into it.

Anyways, my honest answer - I don't know. I honestly don't know what you'all preach.

I see a lot of scattered arguments on feminist threads ending in swearings and curses. Then I see a lot of women who are very intolerant of other women who do not believe in the movement. Omotola once gave an interview declaring that she was not a feminist and how much she revered her husband and home. The abuses, insults, curses, image tarnishing she got on that thread from feminist was very appalling and honestly, I was very disappointed and if I had been having some doubts about the movement, that sealed it. I had to ask myself if the movement was some form of cult.

Since then, I have seen women, mostly singles and a few newly-weds who cannot understand why any woman will not be a feminist because according to them, they have come to liberate women from their controlling husbands. It doesn't matter if you say you are enjoying your marriage or you have spent years making a success of the marriage; to them, you need need the feminist deliverance as long as you believe in submission or headship. Duh

Strangely enough, I get amazed when NL feminist disown people I consider to be true feminists - ie people who want to be free to do anything a man can do. Eg the free the tips. Those are the ones who don't want to cherry pick. If men can bare their chest, they also want to. Isnt hindering them gender discrimination? So why do NL feminist think they have mental issues?

Strangely, I don't even know any feminist in real life, yet I am previledged to know a lot of women achievers offline. The first woman chemical engineer in Nigeria is someone I am previledged to listen and learn from, same with 3 female bank CEOs that I get mentoring from, and countless female executives. I have heard severally from these women, asked them enough questions , not once did I hear about this movement as being one of their success secrets. These are women that when you visit at home, you won't believe it's the same people you know in the office. In their respective homes, equality is a taboo.

Let me copy Damiso's trademark ending words to say, I didn't want to write an epistle o, but somehow, I have ended up writing one. Biko, no vex smiley

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by bukatyne(f): 10:10pm On Aug 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

Help you to do what? Help you shift the goalpost from where you and your sistren initially erected it? You wailed for equal treatment, you were given and you do not measure up. Now you're asking for aids and grants claiming it's part of equal treatment. I call bvllshit on that. Either you feminists want equal treatment or you accept your limitations and men may choose to grant you quotas. grin

Babygirl has gotten the message

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? / 4D Scans Show Fetuses Yawn In The Womb / Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.