Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,185 members, 7,839,037 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test (14844 Views)

Dr Maduka C Ogwueleka: "Staphylococus Aureus Is A Scam In Nigeria" / Buy Reveal DNA Paternity Test From Micostarmall / Buy DNA Paternity Test Kit From Micostarmall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2015
bukatyne:

I honestly don't know what anti-feminists (people who do not believe men and women are equal) think about that subject matter however Timbuk2 is the closest to it.

I have only seen one or two female posters whose posts reflect the men and women are not equal thingy. The rest? grin

The basics of feminisn is online. What others decide to build on it is none of my business

That definition, Bukatyne is a figment of your imagination. You can't define anti-feminism when the root word remains undefined. The day you stop discriminating against and start practicing "free the tips" and "free blood flow", then we can truly start defining anti-feminism wink

4 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by TV01(m): 10:15pm On Aug 15, 2015
Kimoni:
I had to ask myself if the movement was some form of cult.
Pray tell, what conclusion did you reach grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

TV

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by bukatyne(f): 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2015
@Kimoni:

I did not drag you into equality discussion o, was just pointing something out.

Re free the tip: I have not seen a responsible man 'freeing his tip' afterall if I want to copy men, I will copy responsible stuffs.

Re equality: what is your definition of 'equality'?
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by bukatyne(f): 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
Kimoni:

That definition, Bukatyne is a figment of your imagination. You can't define anti-feminism when the root word remains undefined. The day you stop discriminating against and start practicing "free the tips" and "free blood flow", then we can truly start defining anti-feminism wink

Feminism is clearly defined.. Google it. Anti anything is the opposite of a thing, not so?

I am sure all 'true Muslims' must be boko haram apologists.

4 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2015
bukatyne:

Feminism I clearly defined.. Google it. Anti anything is the opposite of a thing, not so?

I hope your sistren can go by the google/dictionary definition of feminism and stop looking for quotas up and down. grin

3 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by bukatyne(f): 10:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

I hope your sistren can go by the google/dictionary definition of feminism and stop looking for quotas up and down. grin

After Federal Government stop theirs
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 15, 2015
bukatyne:

After Federal Government stop theirs

What has FG got to do with the fight for feminism. Is feminism a FG-sponsored movement? grin so, you're not after equality after all, you're after getting an undue advantage.

One would think a proud feminist would have the honour to abide by the definition of feminism but one would be wrong. It is becoming clearer by the second that while feminism purports to be for equality for all genders, in spirit it is a sinister cult, thanks Kimoni, whose main aim is to further the interest and welfare of women at the expense of men. E don tey wey una done display dis una stale market, we nor dey buy madam. Carry your market go front.

7 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by bukatyne(f): 11:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

What has FG got to do with the fight for feminism. Is feminism a FG-sponsored movement? grin so, you're not after equality after all, you're after getting an undue advantage.

One would think a proud feminist would have the honour to abide by the definition of feminism but one would be wrong. It is becoming clearer by the second that while feminism purports to be for equality for all genders, in spirit it is a sinister cult, thanks Kimoni, whose main aim is to further the interest and welfare of women at the expense of men. E don tey wey una done display dis una stale market, we nor dey buy madam. Carry your market go front.

You got it right, I want an undue advantage and there is a conspiracy in Federal Ministry of Health to make men train kids that are not theirs.

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by edwife(f): 11:06pm On Aug 15, 2015
Kimoni:

I hate to get into these feminist arguments especially with females and Bukatyne knows that, not sure why she is drawing me into it.

Anyways, my honest answer - I don't know. I honestly don't know what you'all preach.

I see a lot of scattered arguments on feminist threads ending in swearings and curses. Then I see a lot of women who are very intolerant to other women who do not believe in the movement. Omotola once gave an interview declaring that she was not a feminist and how much she revered her husband and home. The abuses, insults, curses, image tarnishing she got on that thread from feminist was very appalling and honestly, I was very disappointed and if I had been having some doubts about the movement, that sealed it. I had to ask myself if the movement was some form of cult.

Since then, I have see women, mostly singles and a few newly-weds who cannot understand why any woman will not be a feminist because according to them, they have come to liberate women from their controlling husbands. It doesn't matter if you say you are enjoying your marriage or you have spent years making a success of the marriage; to them, you need need the feminist deliverance as long as you believe in submission or headship. Duh

Strangely enough, I get amazed when NL feminist disown people I consider to be true feminists - ie people who want to be free to do anything a man can do. Eg the free the tips. Those are the ones who don't want to cherry pick. If men can bare their chest, they also want to. Isnt hindering them gender discrimination? So why do NL feminist think they have mental issues?

Strangely, I don't even know any feminist in real life, yet I am previledged to know a lot of women achievers offline. The first woman chemical engineer in Nigeria is someone I am previledged to listen and learn from, same with 3 female bank CEOs that I get mentoring from, and countless female executives. I have heard severally from these women, asked them enough questions , not once did I hear about this movement as being one of their success secrets. These are women that when you visit at home, you won't believe it's the same people you know in the office. In their respective homes, equality is a taboo.

Let me copy Damiso's trademark ending words to say, I didn't want to write an epistle o, but somehow, I have ended up writing one. Biko, no vex smiley

Finally!

8 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by AfroKnight: 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
No man should be forced to raise another man's child. Why should you even conceive such an idea. It doesn't even make sense. So I must do charity by force? That's like paying your wife for cheating on you.

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
bukatyne:

You got it right, I want an undue advantage and there is a conspiracy in Federal Ministry of Health to make men train kids that are not theirs.

grin. You're forgiven. Go and sin no more.

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by dinachi(m): 1:12am On Aug 16, 2015
Kimoni:

I hate to get into these feminist arguments especially with females and Bukatyne knows that, not sure why she is drawing me into it.

Anyways, my honest answer - I don't know. I honestly don't know what you'all preach.

I see a lot of scattered arguments on feminist threads ending in swearings and curses. Then I see a lot of women who are very intolerant of other women who do not believe in the movement. Omotola once gave an interview declaring that she was not a feminist and how much she revered her husband and home. The abuses, insults, curses, image tarnishing she got on that thread from feminist was very appalling and honestly, I was very disappointed and if I had been having some doubts about the movement, that sealed it. I had to ask myself if the movement was some form of cult.

Since then, I have seen women, mostly singles and a few newly-weds who cannot understand why any woman will not be a feminist because according to them, they have come to liberate women from their controlling husbands. It doesn't matter if you say you are enjoying your marriage or you have spent years making a success of the marriage; to them, you need need the feminist deliverance as long as you believe in submission or headship. Duh

Strangely enough, I get amazed when NL feminist disown people I consider to be true feminists - ie people who want to be free to do anything a man can do. Eg the free the tips. Those are the ones who don't want to cherry pick. If men can bare their chest, they also want to. Isnt hindering them gender discrimination? So why do NL feminist think they have mental issues?

Strangely, I don't even know any feminist in real life, yet I am previledged to know a lot of women achievers offline. The first woman chemical engineer in Nigeria is someone I am previledged to listen and learn from, same with 3 female bank CEOs that I get mentoring from, and countless female executives. I have heard severally from these women, asked them enough questions , not once did I hear about this movement as being one of their success secrets. These are women that when you visit at home, you won't believe it's the same people you know in the office. In their respective homes, equality is a taboo.

Let me copy Damiso's trademark ending words to say, I didn't want to write an epistle o, but somehow, I have ended up writing one. Biko, no vex smiley
I just developed deep respect for you!
I hope all those blasted feminazis will learn a thing or two.
Only fools and nitwits pay attention to Naira land feminists.Most of them are under achievers any ways looking to hook on their parasitic personalities to hoodwink men into making unmerited concessions.
Once again Kimoni, kudos! You must be a blessing to your husband.

5 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by cococandy(f): 2:42am On Aug 16, 2015
Thanks for enlightening us.

@bold, no it's because the Nigerian government is biased against men cheesy
This OP self.he's still clinging to his conspiracy theories

Onegai:
Hmm, but the OP is actually wrong.

I mean about the DNA testing in France, Germany and Sweden.

IT IS ILLEGAL TO CONDUCT A SECRET DNA TEST ON A CHILD BECAUSE ACCORDING TO THOSE COUNTRIES' LAWS, IT VIOLATES THEIR RIGHT TO PRIVACY.

The "Disturbing the Peace" falls under that. If you want to get a DNA test, simply apply for a court order which shows the consent of both parents have been given and it will be issued to you immediately. No questions asked. However, some of the men involved in it DO NOT wish their spouse to know they are testing their child (if the child is theirs, they have introduced friction into their relationship by looking for trouble "Disturbing the Peace"wink so they secretly send the samples abroad for testing.

Even in the US, you cannot get a passport for a child without consent from both parents or a document stating that one parent is dead or unable to give consent (even in jail doesn't count). They won't even let you put anyone's name as the Father on the birth certificate unless you are married (the Father has to go down to the State/City Dept of Public Health and ask that his name to be put on the bc). This is avoid people naming anyone as the Father and hitting him with child support payments.

All these moves are to protect the child and the Father, no?

I mean, you could have simply asked any of your brothers in those European countries who have gotten babes pregnant and tried to abscond and claim it's not theirs. grin or ask someone who practises international Family Law. Rather than state something you don't know, as a fact in order to score cheap points (now every one who jumped on this thread to shout "men are oppressed! see evidence" look silly grin because all those dudes who start threads like "I married a Lithuanian geh/lack of papers" could have easily answered this correctly).

And as to why DNA tests are expensive in Nigeria, I thought every reasonable logical person knew everything is inflated in Nigeria for profit.

Right? You knew that right?

oh, wait...

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by babygirlfl: 3:00am On Aug 16, 2015
Kimoni:

I see a lot of scattered arguments on feminist threads ending in swearings and curses. Then I see a lot of women who are very intolerant of other women who do not believe in the movement. Omotola once gave an interview declaring that she was not a feminist and how much she revered her husband and home. The abuses, insults, curses, image tarnishing she got on that thread from feminist was very appalling and honestly, I was very disappointed and if I had been having some doubts about the movement, that sealed it. I had to ask myself if the movement was some form of cult.

Since then, I have seen women, mostly singles and a few newly-weds who cannot understand why any woman will not be a feminist because according to them, they have come to liberate women from their controlling husbands. It doesn't matter if you say you are enjoying your marriage or you have spent years making a success of the marriage; to them, you need need the feminist deliverance as long as you believe in submission or headship. Duh

I am not arguing with you. I believe we are having a discussion.

I asked what you think feminists preach and you said you honestly don't know then write an epistle about what you think they preach. When you talk of feminists thread, how many of them where actually opened be feminists or had feminism in the topic? It is always a case of feminism being dragged into everything.

I would like to start by asking you some questions.

Is it only feminists that insult people on this forum?

Is it only feminists that tarnish people's image in this forum?

Is it only feminists that are intolerant to other women?

Is it only feminists that have insulted Omotola?

All the things you have mentioned are not exclusive to feminists. Some women who say they are not feminists can be very abusive. Some of them dig out posts and use it against you to tarnish your image.Some will support men who call feminists names while some will laugh at feminists. Tell me if these behaviours are from someone who is tolerant. What I am trying to say is that it goes both ways but it seems it only becomes a problem when it's a feminist doing it and not when a non feminists is doing it. Omotola has been attacked by non feminists too. In short in one thread, it was the feminists that was on her side. Chimamanda is always attacked and insulted by non- feminists. The insult Omotola received is nothing close to what Chimamanda gets on a daily basis. You picked Omotola's case but not chimamanda's because you agree with Omotola and not necessarily because she got it worse than Chimamanda.

Many non feminists also can't understand how a feminists can get married and stay married. Some will tell you that you will remain a spinster if you are not married or that you will soon be divorced if married while some will keep doubting that you are married because they can't put their head around the fact that they are many feminists who are married, have stayed married and is happily married. One even keeps saying that there is no happily married feminists.

When did feminism become about free the tip. Feminists where not disowning anybody. They were refusing to be dragged into what has nothing to do with what they stand for.

Nigeria is a country where most people say one thing and do another. Many women will do everything a feminists believes in and still say she is not a feminist. So it is not surprising that most of your great achiever women will not attribute it to feminism. Also a movement cannot be a secret to success and feminists have never claimed to be a secret to success. Rather it fights for the right for you to achieve what you want to even though you are a woman.

After reading your posts, it is clear that feminism is not the problem rather it is the definition and what you believe it to be that is the problem. Why did you decide to leave the meaning of something and judge it by your own definition?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by cococandy(f): 3:50am On Aug 16, 2015
[b]The summary of nairaland issues between feminists and non-feminists is this. And why I chose not to waste my time 'discussing' it with anyone anymore.
I put discussing in quote because that's usually not what it is. It's usually this repeating pattern where someone creates a thread going on course until a non-feminist derails by throwing in a sly one about feminists and they are good people because of that but all hell breaks loose when a feminist replies him or her.

1) non-feminists feel like they have a license to make derogatory comments about feminists but feel slighted when they respond in same way.

2) I hardly see any feminist type any post and begin by saying "non-feminists are this and that". It's always the other way around. You go just dey your own someone will carry "feminists are bla di bla" and make all sorts of underhanded comments at slighting other people yet feel like they don't deserve such in return. Talk of entitlement.

3)at least on the family section, non-feminists especially these okokporo 'single boys' are more insulting than anything the world has seen before. Yet these bags of hormone feel they have a world of knowledge base on what 'married females' should be and behave like.

4)if people don't understand feminists and 'their beliefs' wouldn't it be easier to just ignore them than drag feminism into every discussion, disparaging them and making out like the victims when called out. Like I said before, I'm yet to see any feminist creating threads to insult the nons. It's always the other way round. Yet they can't seem to see what they are doing wrong. It's like this irresistible urge to force everyone into agreeing with us or we bully them into agreeing.

5) if you believe in gender equality, don't believe that women are inferior to men and deserve equal respect, believe that women shouldn't be limited based on their gender and everything else that comes with the feminist ideology, yet don't want to identify as one, it is a free world. But don't redefine feminism for those who believe in it simply because you believe in the same thing but don't want to be called by the name. Again It's a free world. I don't see the 'international body of feminists' auditioning for members. Or hounding those who don't share the same opinions as them.

Just you guys quit with the insulting and let them be.

But if you feel like you have a right to insult feminists and their beliefs, pls also know that they have a right to respond in kind.

Equal rights everybody.
[/b]

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 16, 2015
grin cheesy grin
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 16, 2015
Kimoni:

Omotola once gave an interview declaring that she was not a feminist and how much she revered her husband and home. The abuses, insults, curses, image tarnishing she got on that thread from feminist was very appalling and honestly, I was very disappointed and if I had been having some doubts about the movement, that sealed it. I had to ask myself if the movement was some form of cult.
This is mutual and anti-feminists practise it more.
When Adichie made her feminist stance, she was insulted by all and sundry...
Even a jobless dude by name "Gonzaga" had to sit down to compile venomous trash filled with vitriols to insult her and she pressed ignore button because he's not worth it. cheesy

The fact is: if you are a dude and support feminists, you will be insulted and I have seen many non-feminists taking shot at feminist but feel that's not an insult.

A non-feminist feel insulted when she makes a point and someone rebut it.
I have not seen a feminist insulting a non-feminist.

4 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Ewuro4: 7:56am On Aug 16, 2015
What has the F word gotta do with this thread?

OP you do realize that the DNA lab fee (extended health benefit covers this if you have a Job with benefit package here) is required along with the specimens? Nigeria is even worse because you have to cough out the whole nine yards.

But you're right, people need awareness about these procedures. I for one found out about these over the counter DNA kits on Keeping up with the Kardashians when Khloe used the cheek swab on herself and sent it off in a clear specimen bag. And I'm a Nurse.
Many people on the other hand are also in my shoes and oblivious to this facts.

Where's the scam? Lemme get this straight; you mean the Nig.Fed govt is in some sort of coalition with some baby mamas who has some hidden agenda pertaining to their kiddos otę (genuine) grin paternity grin

And worse of , to DELIBERATELY scam Nigerian Men into buying DNA kit at an outrageous Dollar sales price rate?

Mmm .. Oga wipe that stain off your lips (I.E una too dey lie)

Stop being paranoid, nobody's out to get yall grin , what y'all need is informed awareness, nothing more.

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by naijaboiy: 7:58am On Aug 16, 2015
FrancisTony:

This is mutual and anti-feminists practise it more.
When Adichie made her feminist stance, she was insulted by all and sundry...
Even a jobless dude by name "Gonzaga" had to sit down to compile venomous trash filled with vitriols to insult her and she pressed ignore button because he's not worth it. cheesy

The fact is: if you are a dude and support feminists, you will be insulted and I have seen many non-feminists taking shot at feminist but feel that's not an insult.

A non-feminist feel insulted when she makes a point and someone rebut it.
I have not seen a feminist insulting a non-feminist.
So this boy is a feminist? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 16, 2015
naijaboiy:

So this boy is a feminist? cheesy
I am not.
I agree with some of their stance...

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by dinachi(m): 9:18am On Aug 16, 2015
As usual, the nairaland feminist underachievers association is in full swing embarrasing themselves further. That is how their former commander in thief babyosisi ran out of nairaland in shame after some people got unto her and exposed her for the fraud she is!
Her disciples are still here huffing and puffing to hold on to their tattered reputation.
The waggly ugly dwarf babyosisi who formerly led the nitwits apparently still visits nairaland as a guest and Iam sure laughs hearthily at the pathetic clowns she created here- Nairaland feminists underachievers association.

5 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 9:22am On Aug 16, 2015
Ewuro4:

But you're right, people need awareness about these procedures. I for one found out about these over the counter DNA kits on Keeping up with the Kardashians when Khloe used the cheek swab on herself and sent it off in a clear specimen bag. And I'm a Nurse.
Many people on the other hand are also in my shoes and oblivious to this facts.

Where's the scam? Lemme get this straight; you mean the Nig.Fed govt is in some sort of coalition with some baby mamas who has some hidden agenda pertaining to their kiddos otę (genuine) grin paternity grin

Wow. People cannot reason for sh!t! Just wow!

Even a nurse doesn't know much about her own field but wants to have an opinion!

I'll explain things one last time.

Babies are born and pinned on men that aren't their fathers (20-30% of the time). Lots of these men don't know about this.

For those men that want to verify, the only way it can be done is to test the born baby (not un-born baby).

These tests generally tends to be done in hospitals. In general, people patronise government hospitals more because of the economy.

The hospital know of this statistic. The hospital also know what the repercussions will be if the tests are done often (I.e. Affordable).

If the tests turn negative, the man will abandon the woman and child telling her to go look for her baby daddy. This can even happen right there in the hospital while she's waiting to be discharged haven just put to bed!

Or the woman may be newly delivered of the baby and definitely will still be nursing the child. It will be cumbersome for her to begin to trace who the daddy is. In some cases, she may not even know. There's no DNA database for all Nigerians with which she could go discover the daddy.

Resultantly, the woman may be left to surfer with the child. The shame and all. Keep in mind, if she was staying in the man's house, she'll be kicked out (and rightly so).

Therefore, that situation will affect the government. The government will have to feed the woman and child one way or the other. All these free education you hear, which class patronise it? The poor class! The government will rather not pay these fees and grants n things, but what else can it do?
When u see a kid from a rich home, chances are it's the kids dad that's rich. When you see a kid from a poor home...you know!
Fathers are very important for the economic and social wellbeing of the child in society.

Also, the government will have to deal with the fall out of the children's fatherlessness. The kids will be prone to crimes. The kids will likely be in the poverty band. Every government official's jingle has to involve poverty alleviation. It's a headache for them.
To summarise this bit, fatherless people are more likely to be poor and criminals that will end up sapping the government resources.

So, how does the government prevent this? It turns a blind eye when these hospitals increase the cost of the test to put it beyond the reach of the ordinary man. What the man doesn't know won't hurt him. The government also choose to not publicise things related to paternity testing.

I don't talk out my a55. It's a practicing medical doctor that told me the tests costs what I said it costs. He also told me the cost is artificial because it is supposed to be much more cheaper than it is.

Other governments do this as well (France, UK, etc). Do your research about these countries and you will realise the reason they do it follows the same theme.

I had addressed this in my posts within the thread but people don't read.

Please yall should juxtapose this my explanation with her second paragraph quoted above. You'll realise this human being does not reason. And she's a nurse!
I mean, couldn't she figure it out herself? Did I have to explain it in abc format?

But, hey, she's a nurse!
Soon nurses will start saying they should be paid as much as doctors. If nurses think like this individual, then they should be paid less than janitors!

Please only smart people should debate me!

3 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 9:32am On Aug 16, 2015
Kimoni:

Just from reading this, one can deduce you are matured and live life on your own terms.

You don't tailor your life to fit the propaganda of others.

This is similar to my outlook on life.

I like this your post.

6 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 16, 2015
And once again nairaland official verified imposters,owner of numerous monikers once again come to the rescue to console his/her self merely because of likes....

I hate feminism simply because of their modern day ideologies...you can shout all you want,but we all know that what feminist practice is far from the definition/dictionary meaning....

You cannot say you are fighting for equal right and then only support rights that benefits females...you are fighting for female superiority you are simply saying quotas should be use in every areas of our life to make both genders equal..

4 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by bukatyne(f): 10:17am On Aug 16, 2015
babygirlfl:

I asked what you think feminists preach and you said you honestly don't know then write an epistle about what you think they preach. When you talk of feminists thread, how many of them where actually opened be feminists or had feminism in the topic? It is always a case of feminism being dragged into everything.

All the things you have mentioned are not exclusive to feminists. Some women who say they are not feminists can be very abusive. Some of them dig out posts and use it against you to tarnish your image.Some will support men who call feminists names while some will laugh at feminists. Tell me if these behaviours are from someone who is tolerant. What I am trying to say is that it goes both ways but it seems it only becomes a problem when it's a feminist doing it and not when a non feminists is doing it. Omotola has been attacked by non feminists too. In short in one thread, it was the feminists that was on her side. Chimamanda is always attacked and insulted by non- feminists. The insult Omotola received is nothing close to what Chimamanda gets on a daily basis. You picked Omotola's case but not chimamanda's because you agree with Omotola and not necessarily because she got it worse than Chimamanda.

Many non feminists also can't understand how a feminists can get married and stay married. Some will tell you that you will remain a spinster if you are not married or that you will soon be divorced if married while some will keep doubting that you are married because they can't put their head around the fact that they are many feminists who are married, have stayed married and is happily married. One even keeps saying that there is no happily married feminists.

When did feminism become about free the tip. Feminists where not disowning anybody. They were refusing to be dragged into what has nothing to do with what they stand for.

Nigeria is a country where most people say one thing and do another. Many women will do everything a feminists believes in and still say she is not a feminist. So it is not surprising that most of your great achiever women will not attribute it to feminism. Also a movement cannot be a secret to success and feminists have never claimed to be a secret to success. Rather it fights for the right for you to achieve what you want to even though you are a woman.

After reading your posts, it is clear that feminism is not the problem rather it is the definition and what you believe it to be that is the problem. Why did you decide to leave the meaning of something and judge it by your own definition?

This thread still dey?

This post of yours is classic kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by bukatyne(f): 10:25am On Aug 16, 2015
@babygirlfl and cococandy:

Super nice one kiss

You remind me of someone who thinks career women make terrible wives yet she is amassing certifications & extremely good at What she does

And she is married with kids grin

Re marriage inequality talks: it is only one married poster I have gotten the feel from her posts. She is the only one I would say really believes it.

Other sisters... hahahahahhhaha!

Perhaps we should play a game:

Let all the married women ask their husbands If they are inferior to them..

A 'baby/sweetheart this equality stuff in the air, What do you think? Is a man equal to a woman? Are we equals'

I am in a naughty mood cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 11:16am On Aug 16, 2015
I know most of yall lack neither the facts nor the guts to challenge the crux of this thread, and as such resort to b!tch moves in a bid to distract people's focus.

Please this thread is not on some feminism bullsh!t.

By the way, why do people become feminists when they can be egalitarians?

Anyways, please don't answer that question.

Please let's stick to the theme of this thread.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by edwife(f): 11:25am On Aug 16, 2015
Mikollon1:

I know most of yall lack neither the facts nor the guts to challenge the crux of this thread, and as such resort to b!tch moves in a bid to distract people's focus.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by crackhaus: 3:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mikollon1:

Thank you.
Question for the gods gringrin

4 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by crackhaus: 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
kevinberry:
And once again nairaland official verified imposters,owner of numerous monikers once again come to the rescue to console his/her self merely because of likes....

I hate feminism simply because of their modern day ideologies...you can shout all you want,but we all know that what feminist practice is far from the definition/dictionary meaning....

You cannot say you are fighting for equal right and then only support rights that benefits females... you are fighting for female superiority you are simply saying quotas should be use in every areas of our life to make both genders equal..
Hopefully, they will get this before the Messiah triumphantly returns gringrin
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2015
babygirlfl:

Pls can you recheck all the definitions of "argument" and reconfirm if what we are having does not qualify.

grin grin grin grin grin

Sisi, no need to get worked up over my post. I already called what I type an epistle, thanks for reminding me what it is again, meanwhile na you ask me queshion oo. It's veering into a typical argument already. Anyways, I didn't write an epistle over "what I think they preach". I wrote an epistle over my observed characteristics of NL feminists and the last paragraph was about my personal experiences offline. Where in my post did I write about what you preach??

Let's go back to your initial question to me - was it about non-feminist or about feminist?? In every argument, I've learnt to stick to the subject matter, else it becomes scattered and comes to an illogical end.

But "free the tip" call themselves feminist?? Didn't you know? If men can walk around bare chested, they want to be able to do same. Infact, their message is very straightforward and easy to grasp. They picked a particular cause and they are all out for it. Then you say they are disowning their body?? But has it occurred to you that the way you find it difficult to accept them even when their message is clear is the way some women like me find it difficult to understand NL feminists who do not even have a clear message?

What is equal about 2 people getting married and the male family is accepting bride price for the female partner?
What is equal in 2 people getting married and one party is dropping her name to adopt the other party's name?
What is equal in 2 people getting married and having kids; yet, all the kids adopt only one person's name?
And the list goes on and on.

How can someone practise the above and come online to say she doesn't see why I don't understand feminism?

Every country has people who say one thing and do the other and it's called hypocrisy. It's not peculiar to Nigerians.

The bolded is one of the things I also find funny and irritating(for lack of a better word) with feminist and that's what Bukatyne believed she was pointing to me. Why you want to have exclusive rights to behaviours that you think align with your beliefs beats me. Because I believe that a woman should not limit herself in whatever field she finds herself but do not consider myself a non-feminist is hypocrisy to you Like seriously? All my ( grin grin now they are my achievers baa, cuz they are not feminists??) women achievers are hypocrites because their beliefs align with feminism but they still go ahead to call themselves non-feminist? Sisi, isn't that laughable? Be honest.

Whatever the problem is, only you will know. I honestly don't know. Every problem or challenge I face in my real world, I know how to handle. Whatever problem anybody has with definitions, beliefs, movement is really left to them.

OP - my apologies on this post on feminism again. It's my last on your thread.

9 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by crackhaus: 3:28pm On Aug 16, 2015
Kimoni:

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? / 4D Scans Show Fetuses Yawn In The Womb / Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.