Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,285 members, 7,839,403 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test (14850 Views)

Dr Maduka C Ogwueleka: "Staphylococus Aureus Is A Scam In Nigeria" / Buy Reveal DNA Paternity Test From Micostarmall / Buy DNA Paternity Test Kit From Micostarmall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by crackhaus: 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
Kimoni:

Pls can you recheck all the definitions of "argument" and reconfirm if what we are having does not qualify.

grin grin grin grin grin

Sisi, no need to get worked up over my post. I already called what I type an epistle, thanks for reminding me what it is again, meanwhile na you ask me queshion oo. It's veering into a typical argument already. Anyways, I didn't write an epistle over "what I think they preach". I wrote an epistle over my observed characteristics of NL feminists and the last paragraph was about my personal experiences offline. Where in my post did I write about what you preach??

Let's go back to your initial question to me - was it about non-feminist or about feminist?? In every argument, I've learnt to stick to the subject matter, else it becomes scattered and comes to an illogical end.

But "free the tip" call themselves feminist?? Didn't you know? If men can walk around bare chested, they want to be able to do same. Infact, their message is very straightforward and easy to grasp. They picked a particular cause and they are all out for it. Then you say they are disowning their body?? But has it occurred to you that the way you find it difficult to accept them even when their message is clear is the way some women like me find it difficult to understand NL feminists who do not even have a clear message?

What is equal about 2 people getting married and the male family is accepting bride price for the female partner?
What is equal in 2 people getting married and one party is dropping her name to adopt the other party's name?
What is equal in 2 people getting married and having kids; yet, all the kids adopt only one person's name?
And the list goes on and on.

How can someone practise the above and come online to say she doesn't see why I don't understand feminism?

Every country has people who say one thing and do the other and it's called hypocrisy. It's not peculiar to Nigerians.

Whatever the problem is, only you will know. I honestly don't know. Every problem or challenge I face in my real world, I know how to handle. Whatever problem anybody has with definitions, beliefs, movement is really left to them.

OP - my apologies on this post on feminism again. It's my last on your thread.

6 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Ewuro4: 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mikollon1:

Therefore, that situation will affect the government. The government will have to feed the woman and child one way or the other. All these free education you hear, which class patronise it? The poor class! The government will rather not pay these fees and grants n things, but what else can it do?
When u see a kid from a rich home, chances are it's the kids dad that's rich. When you see a kid from a poor home...you know!
Fathers are very important for the economic and social wellbeing of the child in society.

Also, the government will have to deal with the fall out of the children's fatherlessness. The kids will be prone to crimes. The kids will likely be in the poverty band. Every government official's jingle has to involve poverty alleviation. It's a headache for them.
To summarise this bit, fatherless people are more likely to be poor and criminals that will end up sapping the government resources.

So, how does the government prevent this? It turns a blind eye when these hospitals increase the cost of the test to put it beyond the reach of the ordinary man. What the man doesn't know won't hurt him. The government also choose to not publicise things related to paternity testing.

I don't talk out my a55. It's a practicing medical doctor that told me the tests costs what I said it costs. He also told me the cost is artificial because it is supposed to be much more cheaper than it is.

Other governments do this as well (France, UK, etc). Do your research about these countries and you will realise the reason they do

First of ain't discussing foreign countries but strictly Nigerians. Please leave Naija out of your discussions when discussing foreign laws.

Lol I laugh in Japanese ... When did Nigerian govt start paying welfare to single moms and picking up the tabs for unprivileged families?

You're def talking outta your a55 if you think any frank Nigerian will take this bull post of yours seriously.

You're a dreamer.

It's simple really, stop wifing attractive oshos and use your brain when picking future partners.

Hey, I already earn top of the wage scale in my field so you can hug a transformer with that info.

And that crackhead Physician friend of yours should stop sniffing narcotics. I mean he told you and you came here bashing people that aren't taking his stûpid theory? What artificial cost are you talking about? These kits are imported and not manufactured locally, it's a no brainer the cost will be inflated due to the exchange rates.

I see why posters veered from your crazy topic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Ewuro4: 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mikollon1:
I know most of yall lack neither the facts nor the guts to challenge the crux of this thread, and as such resort to b!tch moves in a bid to distract people's focus.

Please this thread is not on some feminism bullsh!t.

By the way, why do people become feminists when they can be egalitarians?

Anyways, please don't answer that question.

Please let's stick to the theme of this thread.

Thank you.

What is the crux of your yeye thread? cheesy

Foolish boy.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 4:39pm On Aug 16, 2015
Kimoni:

OP - my apologies on this post on feminism again. It's my last on your thread.

Well, it's kinda okay. I really enjoy reading you slay this people.
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by ApexTitan(m): 5:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
cococandy:

Again It's a free world. I don't see the 'international body of feminists' auditioning for members. Or hounding those who don't share the same opinions as them.

Really?

3 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ewuro4:

First of ain't discussing foreign countries but strictly Nigerians. Please leave Naija out of your discussions when discussing foreign laws.

Lol I laugh in Japanese ... When did Nigerian govt start paying welfare to single moms and picking up the tabs for unprivileged families?

You're def talking outta your a55 if you think any frank Nigerian will take this bull post of yours seriously.

You're a dreamer.

It's simple really, stop wifing attractive oshos and use your brain when picking future partners.

Hey, I already earn top of the wage scale in my field so you can hug a transformer with that info.

And that crackhead Physician friend of yours should stop sniffing narcotics. I mean he told you and you came here bashing people that aren't taking his stûpid theory? What artificial cost are you talking about? These kits are imported and not manufactured locally, it's a no brainer the cost will be inflated due to the exchange rates.

I see why posters veered from your crazy topic.

Even if you factor in exchange rates, the cost is still way too high.... exchange rate Is not enough to explain the wide discrepancies....

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by edwife(f): 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ewuro4:
Useless thread.

Edwife I need puff puff recipe ASAP cheesy

Measurements in CUPS /OZ / TEASPOONS only please.

Ewuro this thread is not useless o...when kimoni is writing too much sense.... grin

I beg i beg.....coming,back to soccer.
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Ewuro4: 5:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
njokusboy:

Even if you factor in exchange rates, the cost is still way too high.... exchange rate Is not enough to explain the wide discrepancies....

Please pray tell me whose fault that is? Or is it only DNA kits that has wide price gap c?

Children's wear, kitchen appliances etc take Konga's outrageous prices for example, I wanted to buy Flat screen for my Dad last Salah, I had to buy and ship it via UPS from here instead yet it was a good buy compared to Konga's price.

You're talking as if you don't know Nigeria. Same Naija a common makeup(MaryKay) is sold in triple $ rate? What are you talking about? Common baby gripe water is ridiculously priced.

You people made it sound like some kind of secret conspiracy to scam only men while the problem is widespread.

Are y'all for real? Or y'all just trying to find a medium to vent y'all frustrations. Well try another reason coz this is way too bogus.

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Ewuro4: 5:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
edwife:

Ewuro this thread is not useless o...when kimoni is writing too much sense.... grin

I beg i beg.....coming,back to soccer.

Well that's on Feminism.

I'm talking about the aim of the thread.

Soccer mom grin
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 16, 2015
crackhaus:

Hopefully, they will get this before the Messiah triumphantly returns gringrin

Lol....they keep on making fools of themselves
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by babygirlfl: 5:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
Kimoni:

Pls can you recheck all the definitions of "argument" and reconfirm if what we are having does not qualify.

One minute we can go by definition, the next minute we cant.

grin grin grin grin grin

Sisi, no need to get worked up over my post. I already called what I type an epistle, thanks for reminding me what it is again, meanwhile na you ask me queshion oo. It's veering into a typical argument already. Anyways, I didn't write an epistle over "what I think they preach". I wrote an epistle over my observed characteristics of NL feminists and the last paragraph was about my personal experiences offline. Where in my post did I write about what you preach??

Let's go back to your initial question to me - was it about non-feminist or about feminist?? In every argument, I've learnt to stick to the subject matter, else it becomes scattered and comes to an illogical end.

To be honest you are not sticking to the topic. You have not answered any question instead you keep bringing in things into the discussion.

But "free the tip" call themselves feminist?? Didn't you know? If men can walk around bare chested, they want to be able to do same. Infact, their message is very straightforward and easy to grasp. They picked a particular cause and they are all out for it. Then you say they are disowning their body?? But has it occurred to you that the way you find it difficult to accept them even when their message is clear is the way some women like me find it difficult to understand NL feminists who do not even have a clear message?

The armed robber the other day on nairaland said he is a Christian. The prostitute on one other thread said she is a Christian. The Aristo chick in University calls herself a Christian. Going by your logic, you preach robbery, prostitution and fornication with a married man because the all call themselves Christians and you are a Christian. These people picked a cause and are all for it. Have you disowned them?

Please get it right. I am not in any way trying to make you believe in feminism. It is usually non feminists that keep pushing and bullying feminists into dropping the movement. You people keep calling feminists in things that has nothing to do with them. I can bet you that if you don't call feminists they will not call you into things. You give what you cannot take. In this argument you have continuously spoken about feminists in a derogatory way yet you expect to talked to in a nice way. There is nothing that you have accused feminists of that you have not shown in your posts.

What is equal about 2 people getting married and the male family is accepting bride price for the female partner?
What is equal in 2 people getting married and one party is dropping her name to adopt the other party's name?
What is equal in 2 people getting married and having kids; yet, all the kids adopt only one person's name?
And the list goes on and on.

How can someone practise the above and come online to say she doesn't see why I don't understand feminism?

This has been talked about several times in this section so I am not going into this.

Every country has people who say one thing and do the other and it's called hypocrisy. It's not peculiar to Nigerians.

The bolded is one of the things I also find funny and irritating(for lack of a better word) with feminist and that's what Bukatyne believed she was pointing to me. Why you want to have exclusive rights to behaviours that you think align with your beliefs beats me. Because I believe that a woman should not limit herself in whatever field she finds herself but do not consider myself a non-feminist is hypocrisy to you Like seriously? All my ( grin grin now they are my achievers baa, cuz they are not feminists??) women achievers are hypocrites because their beliefs align with feminism but they still go ahead to call themselves non-feminist? Sisi, isn't that laughable? Be honest.

If you want to address me then address me and leave bukatyne out of this or answer her where she quoted you. I thought you just said you stick to a subject. You are reading a different meaning to what I wrote. Maybe you should go back and read again.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ewuro4:

Please pray tell me whose fault that is? Or is it only DNA kits that has wide price gap c?

Children's wear, kitchen appliances etc take Konga's outrageous prices for example, I wanted to buy Flat screen for my Dad last Salah, I had to buy and ship it via UPS from here instead yet it was a good buy compared to Konga's price.

You're talking as if you don't know Nigeria. Same Naija a common makeup(MaryKay) is sold in triple $ rate? What are you talking about? Common baby gripe water is ridiculously priced.

You people made it sound like some kind of secret conspiracy to scam only men while the problem is widespread.

Are y'all for real? Or y'all just trying to find a medium to vent y'all frustrations. Well try another reason coz this is way too bogus.

I havnt said I supported his theory... I only said "exchange rate does not explain the wide gap in cost"... I am not a conspiracy theorist myself but it isn't impossible.... I know about outrageous prices in Naija but this is way too high... we are talking of a price that's way above 100% of the normal cost, exchange rates, notwithstanding... and for a commodity that's is usually subsidised by the federal Government and not provided by private individuals.... I see his point... His theory may be more of a possibility than a reality, but its not nonsense, atleast, there is no reasonable explanation for it...
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Ewuro4: 5:56pm On Aug 16, 2015
njokusboy:

I havnt said I supported his theory... I only said "exchange rate does not explain the wide gap in cost"... I am not a conspiracy theorist myself but it isn't impossible.... I know about outrageous prices in Naija but this is way too high... we are talking of a price that's way above 100% of the normal cost, exchange rates, notwithstanding... and for a commodity that's is usually subsidised by the federal Government and not provided by private individuals.. I see his point... His theory may be more of a possibility than a reality, but its not nonsense, atleast, there is no reasonable explanation for it...

@bold, UCH for example has public and private clinics/admissions. Public are meant to be free for all, registration cards inclusive. Up until now , registration cards are paid for in UCH. 'Subsidized' Drugs and IV injections are priced outrageously for the public. You got an explain action for that? I don't , except its Nigeria for you. It is what it it.

And I repeat , he has no point. Instead to listen to general consensus as opposed to one man's theory he adamantly and ignorantly paraded here, he kept harping on rubbish. Stop babying him, Its NONSENSE coming from a Nigerian to boot.

Overpriced merchandise is Nigeria forte. That's how 'business men/women' are able to afford to buy a Range cash down while I on the other hand pay it off in no less than 5years.

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
babygirlfl:

One minute we can go by definition, the next minute we cant.

To be honest you are not sticking to the topic. You have not answered any question instead you keep bringing in things into the discussion.

The armed robber the other day on nairaland said he is a Christian. The prostitute on one other thread said she was a Christian. The Aristo chick in University calls herself a Christian. Going by your logic, you preach robbery, prostitution and fornication with a married man because the all call themselves Christians and you are a Christian. This people picked a cause and are all for it. Have you disowned them?

Please get it right. I am not in any way trying to make you believe in feminism. It is usually non feminists that keep pushing and bullying feminists into dropping the movement. You people keep calling feminists in things that has nothing to do with them. I can bet you that if you don't call feminists they will not call you into things. You give what you cannot take. In this argument you have continuously spoken about feminists in a derogatory way yet you expect to talked to in a nice way. There is nothing that you have accused feminists of that you have not shown in your posts.

This has been talked about several times in this section so I am not going into this.

If you want to address me then address me and leave bukatyne out of this or answer her where she quoted you. I thought you just said you stick to a subject. You are reading a different meaning to what I wrote. Maybe you should go back and read again.

I promised not to post again here on this subject but I can't remember promising not to smile.

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by babygirlfl: 6:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
Kimoni:

I promised not to post again here on this subject but I can't remember promising not to smile.

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Its always nice to smile. It does not cost a thing. Good day. smiley smiley smiley
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Kimoni: 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
babygirlfl:

Its always nice to smile. It does not cost a thing. Good day. smiley smiley smiley

Hope you now understand why politicians will rather keep praisemongers, an unbiased opinion is never easy on the ears.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Ewuro4: 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
How many of y'all pay taxes, Huh? Yet want equal and fare treatment foreign folks get.

Next time, just out with it already instead of perambulating useless Topics to score cheap points to bash women. If y'all aren't sure of your kids paternity, you know where to go.

I'm done here.

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ewuro4:

@bold, UCH for example has public and private clinics/admissions. Public are meant to be free for all, registration cards inclusive. Up until now , registration cards are paid for in UCH. 'Subsidized' Drugs and IV injections are priced outrageously for the public. You got an explain action for that? I don't , except its Nigeria for you. It is what it it.

And I repeat , he has no point. Instead to listen to general consensus as opposed to one man's theory he adamantly and ignorantly paraded here, he kept harping on rubbish. Stop babying him, Its NONSENSE coming from a Nigerian to boot.

Overpriced merchandise is Nigeria forte. That's how 'business men/women' are able to afford to buy a Range cash down while I on the other hand pay it off in no less than 5years.

Lol, there's no medical service in Nigeria dat is as expensive as this one... prove me wrong... drugs and injections don't even come close... you guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill... A federal government hospital providing a service that is roughly worth 60k for 250k is simply incredible... even private hospitals would not be so brave... Dem no dey fear shocked shocked shocked
Walai government know wetin dem dey do to deliberately allow dis sh1t
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ewuro4:
How many of y'all pay taxes, Huh? Yet want equal and fare treatment foreign folks get.

Next time, just out with it already instead of perambulating useless Topics to score cheap points to bash women. If y'all aren't sure of your kids paternity, you know where to go.

I'm done here.

Every Nigerian pays tax... Indirect tax, that's d tax system here... the government tax the companies who in turn water the effect with their prices... when you buy a good, d price you pay includes your tax, I can even argue we pay more tax due to exorbitant prices which are not equivalent to the tax rates paid by these companies...
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by ApexTitan(m): 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
babygirlfl:

Please get it right. I am not in any way trying to make you believe in feminism. It is usually non feminists that keep pushing and bullying feminists into dropping the movement. You people keep calling feminists in things that has nothing to do with them. I can bet you that if you don't call feminists they will not call you into things. You give what you cannot take. In this argument you have continuously spoken about feminists in a derogatory way yet you expect to talked to in a nice way.

Okay this is the second time this line of reasoning has been dropped today; that the feminist movement is a group of choir girls who do not "hound" people who do not share its beliefs. The interwebs is not only filled with aggressive blogs and articles from feminist directed at people who are not sympathetic to their cause, there are reports of actual attacks and hounding carried about by them. Check out the few stories below

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/horror-mob-of-topless-pro-abort-feminists-attacks-rosary-praying-men-defend

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=5989

http://m.therightscoop.com/you-have-to-watch-rabid-feminists-attack-daily-beast-writer-for-daring-to-defend-man-accused-of-rape/

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/375442/feminists-attack-kirsten-dunst-over-her-gender

@topic

While the issue of paternity fraud is real and in some western countries government assisted I think the claim that the Nigerian government, directly or indirectly, allowing the price of testing kits to remain high is hogwash. The high cost has nothing to do with the FG and everything to do with the bizarre greed-driven pricing system of foreign products in this country. Nigeria does not have the established welfare system that is found in the West for it to be concerned with who is raising the children in the country, we are not at that stage yet.

3 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Ewuro4: 7:12pm On Aug 16, 2015
njokusboy:

Every Nigerian pays tax... Indirect tax, that's d tax system here... the government tax the companies who in turn water the effect with their prices... when you buy a good, d price you pay includes your tax, I can even argue we pay more tax due to exorbitant prices which are not equivalent to the tax rates paid by these companies...

Indirect tax my foot ni
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 7:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
ApexTitan:

@topic

While the issue of paternity fraud is real and in some western countries government assisted I think the claim that the Nigerian government, directly or indirectly, allowing the price of testing kits to remain high is hogwash. The high cost has nothing to do with the FG and everything to do with the bizarre greed-driven pricing system of foreign products in this country. Nigeria does not have the established welfare system that is found in the West for it to be concerned with who is raising the children in the country, we are not at that stage yet.

Okay.

How come this "bizarre greed-driven pricing system of foreign products" doesn't affect pregnancy and HIV kits?

When I was serving, my pal was the president of PET CDS. She was given HIV kits like it was nothing. We all tested ourselves for fun. Just prick your thumb, put a drop of blood in the sh!t, wait a couple minutes n voila!

Why are these 2 kits so cheap? Yes there could be some sort of subsidy making them cheap. Couldn't that measure be extended to the paternity test kit as well? Do you not know all these kits costs relatively thesame? Do you not know all these kits are foreign?

Even with your "over pricing" theory, is there a situation where something that costs, say, $100 sells for $1000? In a public hospital? You check it. Check items you buy. Are there such wide disparities even after you have factored in the "greed"?

Okay how come those other kits don't sell for as much? How come the measure that was used to subsidise those other kits (if indeed that happened) was extended to the paternity kit?

Aight the second bit.

It seems you have to see the govt pay in money to the accounts of people as it is abroad to recognise it as "welfare".
If you read me right, I stated the govt caters to them "one way or the other".
If the govt pays for skill acquisition n things, that's not welfare right?
If the govt pays for free schooling, it isn't welfare!
Etc etc.

The bulk of the beneficiaries of these measures are people of little means. The reason why they are of little means is because their dads are of little means or their dad is MIA for one reason or the other.

When a man removes himself from the home, the likelihood of the family (wife n kids) going into the poverty band skyrockets.

Poverty has a direct link to crimes and delinquencies.

The bulk of Boko Haram members are poor people. Yea there's that millionaire's son or two that joined but 95% (my number) of them are poor that's why they were easily brainwashed.

Do you know how much the govt has spent (and is still spending) to sort them out?

Someone will think "oh are you saying BokoHaram members are terrorists Cus their fathers had paternity tests and left their moms?" Smdh. All I'm trying to illustrate is the fallout of fatherlessness and its link to poverty and how it finds its way to being a thorn in the government's flesh "one way or the other".
Someone will also think "oh are you saying all Boko Haram members are fatherless and know how to dance like Michael Jackson"? Hmmmm!!

By the way, the next time you lock your doors at night, keep it mind you are not scared of a rich man's kid to come rob you, chances are.
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by avimitch: 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
ApexTitan:

@topic
While the issue of paternity fraud is real and in some western countries government assisted I think the claim that the Nigerian government, directly or indirectly, allowing the price of testing kits to remain high is hogwash.

100%. Utterly ridiculous to claim the Nigerian govt inflates the price because they are feminists who are sexist against men. One of the most stup1d arguments ever presented.

The high cost has nothing to do with the FG and everything to do with the bizarre greed-driven pricing system of foreign products in this country.

Plus the fact that these DNA tests are mostly sent to overseas labs for testing. Or does OP's Dr friend's hospital have a DNA lab in their establishment? The cost is also affected how much this outside lab contracted does their testing. By the way, a simple google search shows most DNA testing actually costs an average of 70k-80K naira in Nigeria. Majority of the sources on google are under 100k naira.

Lies, lies and more lies.
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Ewuro4: 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
This dude is def a troll. What HIV kit reveals an immediate test result without lab screening? Who do you think you're bullshîtting here? Comparing HIV kits that are charity organization provided (world relief- Unisef) to an expensive procedure - actual DNA screening, is the highlight of my morning?

I'm starting to believe you have an agenda. This is exactly how brainwashing evolves.

See why most of these Dokitas are better of as dishwashers in North America? And y'all start screaming discriminatory blue murder. That's why they hire common Somali over Nigerian trained , you won't lift a scalpel without extensive scrutiny

Oponu oshi.

1 Like

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Ewuro4: 8:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
avimitch:

100%. Utterly ridiculous to claim the Nigerian govt inflates the price because they are feminists who are sexist against men. One of the most stupid arguments ever presented.

Plus the fact that these DNA tests are mostly sent to overseas labs for testing. Or does OP's Dr friend's hospital have a DNA lab in their establishment? The cost is also affected how much this outside lab contracted does their testing. By the way, a simple google search shows most DNA testing actually costs an average of 70k-80K naira in Nigeria. Majority of the sources on google are under 100k naira.

Lies, lies and more lies.

The dude infuriates me. Honestly, he should be tracked and arrested without bail . he has some terrorist tendencies.
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Ewuro4: 8:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mikollon1:

Okay.

How come this "bizarre greed-driven pricing system of foreign products" doesn't affect pregnancy and HIV kits?

When I was serving, my pal was the president of PET CDS. She was given HIV kits like it was nothing. We all tested ourselves for fun. Just prick your thumb, put a drop of blood in the sh!t, wait a couple minutes n voila!

Why are these 2 kits so cheap? Yes there could be some sort of subsidy making them cheap. Couldn't that measure be extended to the paternity test kit as well? Do you not know all these kits costs relatively thesame? Do you not know all these kits are foreign?

Even with your "over pricing" theory, is there a situation where something that costs, say, $100 sells for $1000? In a public hospital? You check it. Check items you buy. Are there such wide disparities even after you have factored in the "greed"?

Okay how come those other kits don't sell for as much? How come the measure that was used to subsidise those other kits (if indeed that happened) was extended to the paternity kit?

Aight the second bit.

It seems you have to see the govt pay in money to the accounts of people as it is abroad to recognise it as "welfare".
If you read me right, I stated the govt caters to them "one way or the other".
If the govt pays for skill acquisition n things, that's not welfare right?
If the govt pays for free schooling, it isn't welfare!
Etc etc.

The bulk of the beneficiaries of these measures are people of little means. The reason why they are of little means is because their dads are of little means or their dad is MIA for one reason or the other.

When a man removes himself from the home, the likelihood of the family (wife n kids) going into the poverty band skyrockets.

Poverty has a direct link to crimes and delinquencies.

The bulk of Boko Haram members are poor people. Yea there's that millionaire's son or two that joined but 95% (my number) of them are poor that's why they were easily brainwashed.

Do you know how much the govt has spent (and is still spending) to sort them out?

Someone will think "oh are you saying BokoHaram members are terrorists Cus their fathers had paternity tests and left their moms?" Smdh. All I'm trying to illustrate is the fallout of fatherlessness and its link to poverty and how it finds its way to being a thorn in the government's flesh "one way or the other".
Someone will also think "oh are you saying all Boko Haram members are fatherless and know how to dance like Michael Jackson"? Hmmmm!!

By the way, the next time you lock your doors at night, keep it mind you are not scared of a rich man's kid to come rob you, chances are.

Go to hell dry head!! You've got zero odo nada CLUE!
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Mikollon1(m): 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
A b!tch pained like a motherfvcker!

She's trying to get at me but I'm done with her ass.

E dey pain am.

4 Likes

Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by avimitch: 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ewuro4:

The dude infuriates me. Honestly, he should be tracked and arrested without bail . he has some terrorist tendencies.

Hahahaha!!
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by ApexTitan(m): 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mikollon1. All I see from your comment is a whole lot of fear-mongering to buttress your claim. If the Nigerian government was actively involved in social welfare like I mentioned earlier then your argument would have had some merit. Anyone who honestly observes the political front in this country will tell you that for now all talk about social welfare is just high sounding rhetoric.

Is paternity fraud a problem? Yes, and probably more widespread than we know but to suggest that the FG has a hand in perpetuating it, given the abysmal manner which it meets is responsibilities to its citizens, is just ludicrous.
Re: The Scam In The Cost Of Paternity Test by Ewuro4: 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mikollon1:

A b!tch pained like a motherfvcker!

She's trying to get at me but I'm done with her ass.

E dey pain am.

Huh? You sure you done , sissy? You won't post this if you're def done grin modaforkin dry head. You know who's the bïtch in your household dontcha, defo not moi?

Yes your sheer display of ignorance is painful to watch. Ode!

Fed govt deliberately inflated DNA specinen collection kit $ rates cos your forefathers manufactured them? Aponupoda cheesy

Tell your quack friend to go back to school , he's a disgrace to your country and a product of a failed education system.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? / 4D Scans Show Fetuses Yawn In The Womb / Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.