Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) (57564 Views)

Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) / Anambra Pastor Found With Fetish Objects And People's Names In His House (Video) / ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by LydayBobo(m): 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
donholy28:
All those posters above me condemning d man no get common sense...the man is saving a lot of people from ancestral demonic holds
Abegiiii Mr common sense. He supposed use holy ghost fire not petrol and matches. Me and you go soon read the latest development on this shortly

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by fr3do(m): 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
Dottore:
why are you all angry with the pastor let the shrine fight him if its that powerful.

he could also have let God pull down the shrine Himself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by ONIjibit1(m): 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ama80:
It's ikoro not ukolo.ds is my town ooo.uga kwenu!hop it doesn't create a problem trying to solve one.spiritually,it's a liberation if done properly.
Omo na wa ooo, little wonder they are still in bondage in that village......

Allahu Akbar
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
So religious freedom doesn't exist in Nigeria?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
herald9:
What really makes us Africans?
What distinguishes us from other races and tribes of the world?
What gives us that dignity and sense of belonging?

Is it not our cultures and traditions?

Why are we trying to wash away our identity and become other people by force?
Do we prefer being a copy than the original?

What's really wrong with these pastors?! angry

If you feel a particular religion is a threat to yours, why not pray to your god to exterminate it? Why should people be fighting for their gods

MarieSucre I sight you smiley

Thank you for saying this. As an African American who is proud of her African heritage, this and the comments supporting it makes me so sad. White folks really brainwashed us into hating ourselves. You'll never see anything like this an Asia where they have many shrines.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
donholy28:
All those posters above me condemning d man no get common sense...the man is saving a lot of people from ancestral demonic holds
U cant burn things you cannot see,what got burnt where loads of junk, if anyone has any spiritual bond with that deity, they need deliverance ASAP.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
vickylala239:

It seem u Jst conclude.

Did u Nt look at d pic closely.

Did u Nt see members of his church beside?

R u saying a pastor cn Jst wake up n go to someone's Juju joint n burn dwn.

Something's Ppl Dnt knw Hw n Wat to comment.

Is a After prayers n deliverance Dat u move to d site n burn it dwn.

So d shrine owner Dnt knw Wat is happin?

beside Whr innocent humans r killed shuld Nt b allowed.

I knw ur a Muslim sha. U Jst looking for a point

Cuz no Christian will support evil.

If u r a Christian u will knw Dat,Bfr shuld tin r burn dwn. Crious prayers n deliverance is carried out,before movement to d site.

Bt here u r confused,Cuz ur a muslim

Good evening, and may Christ our Saviour and Lord bless you.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
LydayBobo:
Abegiiii Mr common sense. He supposed use holy ghost fire not petrol and matches. Me and you go soon read the latest development on this shortly
I agree with you, this is fighting for your god not your god fighting for you ie IS

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by ACM10: 7:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
The artefact may have been there for centuries., only for the ignorant misguided pastor to raze it down. I feel like loading this arsonists brain with lead.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by ezeagu(m): 7:25pm On Aug 13, 2015
AABeauty:

Thank you for saying this. As an African American who is proud of her African heritage, this and the comments supporting it makes me so sad. White folks really brainwashed us into hating ourselves. You'll never see anything like this an Asia where they have many shrines.

In fact does shrines make those countries billions every year. Who knows what museums and private collections would have paid this community for the artefact.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Ertekazee: 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2015
This man will pay with his life
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by MarieSucre(f): 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
ezeagu
AABeauty
herald9_ na me see you pass o!

How else would they convince us to worship their god without demonizing our gods and to adopt their culture without degrading our culture(agreed some parts of our culture was just plain shitty). That is a time and time again tried and tested principle. Throw dirt on the competitors/rivals/opposition which makes you either the only available choice or the most preferred choice.

But that was over a hundred years ago. The white man left our shores about fifty years ago. We are the ones destroying our homes with our hands.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by papijoe1(m): 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
Austin4lif:
Wow, finally on front page. I dedicate this page to all the students of mass communication dept kaduna polytechnic. Back to the matter, this pastor is a terrorist. Well, he is free to do anything because Pa buhari is after kwuruption throughout this tenure.

is it big deal to be the first to comment FTC ........broda u no win lottery, y are u jubilating cos u are the FTC .........no ulterior motive pls
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:36pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ama80:
It's ikoro not ukolo.ds is my town ooo.uga kwenu!hop it doesn't create a problem trying to solve one.spiritually,it's a liberation if done properly.

Yeah, we rep.
Seriously, i pray and hope it librates. If nt, reverse can be too dicey.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by chudidonas(m): 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2015
SexyKaycee:

your town that has burned all their deities how well are they faring? i spit you out of my mouth

Its a pity I will grace your low life comment with a reply but a nitwit like you deserve one. Diabolic foool
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by mayorbch(m): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
God will not do for man, what man should do for himself. Same way, man cannot do for God what He should do for HimsElf.
Let's try to look at it from two scenerios:
1. Assuming Boko haraM burns the Pastor's church and all his objects of worship because the Islamists believe that the Pastor is an infidel simply because he doesn't practice Islam, how would the pastor interprete it? For christsake every man is entitled to his own opinion and religious affliation. Jesus sent his disciples to preach and told them to dust Þheir slippers off if any home refused to accept the Word not to burn down their beliefs. Therefore by inference, we can say that anybody or organisation that burns down other people's places of worship is religiously intolerant. Can this pastor dare go burn a mosque? He has seen people who are not violent and he is lording his beliefs over them. *sighs*

2. If he was sent by God to go destroy that artefact, (I don't know if it is a place of worship), then, my views aforementioned are of no consequence because I believe in the Supremacy of God the creator. The earth of the Lord and its fullness thereof so man has no say in this case. But I remember that Joshua said it "...choose ye this day who you would serve..." And MAtt. 7:1 says "Judge not so that you won't be judged..." So, its left for everybody to form his own view and opinion. However as a christian, I know that God abhors idol worship!

*(whispers), sometimes I ask myself : what if I was born a muslim, or atheisT, would I have believed if a christian (supposedly, an infidel) comes to tell me about Christ and God - the way he understands Him?
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Sanfranka(m): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
chigoizie7:
The people in that community that allowed this man to do this are fools.

The last time I checked, Nigerians are entitled to freedom of worship.

How dare you burn other persons god because u think ur own god is supreme?

If u all can condemn this act, please I don't want anyone to scream fowl when a muslim burns a church.

@least, we have christian religion,islamic religion and traditional religion as three major religions in Nigeria.

If u think ur own god is supreme, please worship it/him, but don't destroy other peoples own.

If u think someone is bewitching u using his/her own god, please, go to ur own god and get power to protect urself from those other peoples gods.

If a group of young men from that village who are against this very barbaric act should storm that venue and beat that pastor to pulp or mob him to death, u all will call it jungle justice.

Some years back, mostly in the northern part of this country, we have seen cases of churches being burned and some christians retaliating by burning some mosques as well, permit me to say that they all should ve allowed God to fight his fight since he is d most supreme being.

This is hypocrisy of the highest order,and with such attitude of "when I am in favor, No, problem, but if it is against me, it is considered fowl" then Nigeria has a long way to go.

Whatever that is good for the "goose" is also good for the "gander".

Whatever I said, I said as a law abiding citizen. Who knows the right from wrong, and not a mofo that was blinded by religious jargons.

Btw, I am a good christian, I try as much as possible to do what is right, I try to always obey the law of the land.
Abeg wait make i hear world, na for nairaland you know your rite oga... If you see an soldier wey dey collect money for road for and tell him in his front that is nt his job and see what will appen... But for American a civilian can sleep a soldier and tell him his work... So dnt tell me dat u knw ur right abeg, nah for nairaland u go yarn dat one
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Austin4lif: 7:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
papijoe1:

is it big deal to be the first to comment FTC ........broda u no win lottery, y are u jubilating cos u are the FTC .........no ulterior motive pls
I wish u FTC, no vex.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by InvertedHammer: 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
/
And they let him walk?

He should have been barbequed.

The cultural heritage and future tourist attraction is gone for good.
\

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by MrALIVE: 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2015
jomonic:
This is just terrible. Was that his business. Sanctimonious ignoramus.
OKPO! ONUKU ODEKU!
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by ransomed: 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ama80:
::--Nna, some of our people pronounce r as l. examples are lock instead of rock, lubbish instead of rubbish, etc. Remember, we burrowed English "ranguage" in Nigeria. Thanks.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by ZUBY77(m): 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
Someone should go and burn his church and his house as well.. bastard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Ayus34(m): 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
Thump up pastor... May the Lord strengthened you to destroy more work of Satan on earth

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Bonapart(m): 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
Mynd44:
If true, that pastor deserves to be in jail for arson
foolish you

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by Bonapart(m): 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
Afam4eva:
That pastor should be locked up.
foolish you

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by ZUBY77(m): 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
natas22:
The posters above me really need Jesus

Back to the thread hmmm the pastor did he get spiritual backing from the almighty before doing such, if he did those idols are wasting time but if his doing it without the corresponding help from JESUS menh he just entered one chance

Kudos to the man of God

Such a backward toad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by MyMentor: 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Is this nt d one at Nkwo Uga?
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by MyMentor: 7:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
fr3do:

he could also have let God pull down the shrine himself.
it is human dat made it and it is human dat wil destroy it.
Simple logic!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by MrDoGood(m): 7:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
Now i believe that some people are really crazy. castigating the pastor for burning down an evil shrine!
Men....... You guys needs jesus.
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by GodMode: 8:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
MarieSucre:
ezeagu
AABeauty
herald9_ na me see you pass o!

How else would they convince us to worship their god without demonizing our gods and adopt their culture degrading our culture(agreed some parts of our culture was just plain shitty). That is a time and time again tried and tested principle. Throw dirt on the competitors/rivals/opposition which makes you either the only available choice

But that was over a hundred years ago. The white man left our shores about fifty years ago. We are the ones destroying our homes with our hands.

They empowered poor people and used them against the enlightened and wealthy people which led to the death of civilisation in Africa...

Cos the poor began to rule and made sure their followers didn't get enlightened..

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by nwaezeubom: 8:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
brize:
So far the people that owns the shrine willingly repented then he is free to burn it with their consent

Repent from what?
Re: Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) by engrolawei: 8:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
chigoizie7:
The people in that community that allowed this man to do this are fools.

The last time I checked, Nigerians are entitled to freedom of worship.

How dare you burn other persons god because u think ur own god is supreme?

If u all can condemn this act, please I don't want anyone to scream fowl when a muslim burns a church.

@least, we have christian religion,islamic religion and traditional religion as three major religions in Nigeria.

If u think ur own god is supreme, please worship it/him, but don't destroy other peoples own.

If u think someone is bewitching u using his/her own god, please, go to ur own god and get power to protect urself from those other peoples gods.

If a group of young men from that village who are against this very barbaric act should storm that venue and beat that pastor to pulp or mob him to death, u all will call it jungle justice.

Some years back, mostly in the northern part of this country, we have seen cases of churches being burned and some christians retaliating by burning some mosques as well, permit me to say that they all should ve allowed God to fight his fight since he is d most supreme being.

This is hypocrisy of the highest order,and with such attitude of "when I am in favor, No, problem, but if it is against me, it is considered fowl" then Nigeria has a long way to go.

Whatever that is good for the "goose" is also good for the "gander".

Whatever I said, I said as a law abiding citizen. Who knows the right from wrong, and not a mofo that was blinded by religious jargons.

Btw, I am a good christian, I try as much as possible to do what is right, I try to always obey the law of the land.
You only call yourself a christian. That is your religion but not your way of life, else you wont come and make these comments here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Spot A Bad Girl In Church (photo) / Prophet Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere Exchanges Blows With Member During Deliverance / 41-Day Fasting Lands Ebonyi Student In Hospitalised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.