Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? (5623 Views)

When Your Boyfriend Is Giving You Tough Competition(pics) / My Boyfriend Is Mad At Me / My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Judith1000: 2:41am On Aug 14, 2015
My boyfriend is just too fat and it is so embarrassing. He just came back from the US for his masters and he looks as fat as ever. Before I use to pose to my friends that I have a BF in the US who use to send me money because he always sent good amount of money to me. I was ready to even marry him if he proposes. But now, shame dey catch me. He’s always been chubby but while in the US I realized he’s
got really fat. He is so fat that people stare at him and start laughing and passing comments. Sometimes I have to pretend we are not together. I felt so embarrassed to be with him and wished he didn’t look so bad. It’s a turn off for me to see him naked. Even in clothes it’s not attractive. I have spoken to him many times about his size, healthy eating and exercise. I tried to get him to join a gym with me. He laughs it off and says he is fine. The guys has been nice to me and even promised to buy me a car. Do I just get the car and leave? What do I do?

Expert advice from Petra;
Dear friend,

I don’t think you can ‘make’ him change.
Giving you instructions on how to force him to diet or exercise doesn’t help him, or you, look at any underlying reasons (assuming they exist) around overeating, or his feelings about food, exercise or his body.
I have no context about his lifestyle, your income, what your food budget is, how food and exercise fit with his work patterns, or if alcohol plays a role.
I don’t know if his weight is affected by disability, pre-existing physical or mental health conditions, or the side-effects of medication.
You may get further by thinking about these factors yourself, or talking to him about those, rather than your previous instructions about his diet and fitness (more on this shortly).
None of that will help you, though. And there isn’t any point in having advice columns if people don’t feel free to confide about how they truly feel - and know that someone isn’t going to shut you down for saying things your friends or family members might frown on.
You are entitled to feel upset about this.
But if we go back and look at how you have described him, there is no getting away from the words you’ve used. These include ‘chubby’, ‘really fat’, ‘embarrassed to be with him’, ‘wished he didn’t look so bad’.
You say ‘It’s a turn off…to see him naked’ and ‘not attractive’.
As you read these statements, can you identify if this is you feeling worried about him, frustrated over how he is acting, or a sign you simply don’t fancy him anymore? Continue at http://judithfrank..com/2015/08/advice-my-boyfriend-is-too-fat-it.html

1 Like

Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 2:49am On Aug 14, 2015
Sell him undecided

4 Likes

Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Bishop4bella(m): 3:02am On Aug 14, 2015
Let's see his photo before he travelled and after he came back to know if he's really fat.
Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by tpiah2: 4:05am On Aug 14, 2015
you just had to add America to your post. . . .

1 Like

Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 14, 2015
Judith1000:
My boyfriend is just too fat and it is so embarrassing. He just came back from the US for his masters and he looks as fat as ever. Before I use to pose to my friends that I have a BF in the US who use to send me money because he always sent good amount of money to me. I was ready to even marry him if he proposes. But now, shame dey catch me. He’s always been chubby but while in the US I realized he’s
got really fat. He is so fat that people stare at him and start laughing and passing comments. Sometimes I have to pretend we are not together. I felt so embarrassed to be with him and wished he didn’t look so bad. It’s a turn off for me to see him naked. Even in clothes it’s not attractive. I have spoken to him many times about his size, healthy eating and exercise. I tried to get him to join a gym with me. He laughs it off and says he is fine. The guys has been nice to me and even promised to buy me a car. Do I just get the car and leave? What do I do?

Dear friend,

Giving you instructions on how to force him to diet or exercise doesn’t help him, or you, look at any underlying reasons (assuming they exist) around overeating, or his feelings about food, exercise or his body.
I have no context about his lifestyle, your income, what your food budget is, how food and exercise fit with his work patterns, or if alcohol plays a role.
I don’t know if his weight is affected by disability, pre-existing physical or mental health conditions, or the side-effects of medication.
You may get further by thinking about these factors yourself, or talking to him about those, rather than your previous instructions about his diet and fitness (more on this shortly).
None of that will help you, though. And there isn’t any point in having advice columns if people don’t feel free to confide about how they truly feel - and know that someone isn’t going to shut you down for saying things your friends or family members might frown on.
But if we go back and look at how you have described him, there is no getting away from the words you’ve used. These include ‘chubby’, ‘really fat’, ‘embarrassed to be with him’, ‘wished he didn’t look so bad’.
As you read these statements, can you identify if this is you feeling worried about him, frustrated over how he is acting, or a sign you simply don’t fancy him anymore? Continue at http://judithfrank..com/2015/08/advice-my-boyfriend-is-too-fat-it.html

Wow. What a trash gold digger .spits

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by maverickdude(m): 4:22am On Aug 14, 2015
U ar in dt relationship for d material gain

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by whobdisguy: 4:30am On Aug 14, 2015
Bleep the shite outta his a-ss till he's as thin as a matchstick. Recommended dose - 20000 times a day

1 Like

Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:30am On Aug 14, 2015
You are talking about Jideofor abi? Though he might be using a more "Behind" name as per magic but God don catch you today. I have just copied this post and will soon paste it as SMS to him.

Just like alcohol among men, gold digging can't be seperated from women. Spits.

NB: if you think I don't know him, I will go ahead and paste atleast half of his phone number here. angry

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by aktem(m): 4:43am On Aug 14, 2015
make him drink otapiapia,or put some in his food........10k me later.
Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by rawpadgin(m): 5:04am On Aug 14, 2015
emmyrichie:
Sell him undecided
grin grin grin grin grin
even olx won't agree to be the middleman in this case
Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 5:09am On Aug 14, 2015
What if u had married him bfr he became that fat?? U go leave am abi?? Me too is as confused as u are tongue
Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Richy4(m): 5:37am On Aug 14, 2015
A very good example of a superficial person.
You just wanna take his car and leave. .....

Anyways since you wrote this kind of thing without remorse,without considering that he has been nice to you all this while, and asked for advice, I will give it to you

For him to be skinny for you to love him more , I recommend you inject 20 doses of nagging into his life. Everyday
8 in the morning, 6 in the afternoon and another 6 in the evening.
Do not give more than the prescription in a day.

25 doses will be an over dose.

For this exercise to be effective, it must include fighting, struggling etc. Since he is very heavy and well built, I guess you will be the winner. Expecially the fighting aspect. sad

4 Likes

Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by SweetTee(f): 5:40am On Aug 14, 2015
It depends how much you love him. I really hope you're not in it for the money, b/c the way you worded your paragraph.......
Anyways, if you truly love him, and need him to stay in your life tell him about it. If he likes you that much, he'll lose some weight. I think it's rather superficial to leave someone because of weight though. But that's just me.
Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by popweezy(m): 5:44am On Aug 14, 2015
Arisha:

PRETENDER
Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by boboLIL(m): 5:56am On Aug 14, 2015
Break up wid him na...buh u can't cos he is sending u money.....after all dah description and u still stick around? U be gold digger.... Na moni u want

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by ednut1(m): 7:07am On Aug 14, 2015
another lie from a desperate blogger
Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by IamLEGEND1: 7:08am On Aug 14, 2015
take the car and dump the fat ìdiot, PRONTO.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 14, 2015
popweezy:
PRETENDER

Um excuze me? Maay i heylpp you !?
Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by SporaD8: 11:22am On Aug 14, 2015
Just give him the bottle treatment - broken bottles I mean. puncture him and watch as he deflates. when he reached your approved size, screw him up.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Tolzeal(m): 11:58am On Aug 14, 2015
If He's FAT and the MONEY is FAT also, You've got no problem .

1 Like

Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
Judith1000:
The guys has been nice to me and even promised to buy me a car. Do I just get the car and leave? What do I do?

Please kindly leave the guy, the woman who truly loves and appreciates him for who he is will show up once you stop blocking road. And NO! don't take the car, brokeass gold digger angry angry

Some silly twats just be giving girls bad name since 18AD

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by popweezy(m): 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Arisha:

Sure definitely
Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by popweezy(m): 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Arisha:

Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
popweezy :
Sure definitely

First tell me Why would u call me pretender ! cry

tell me! do u know me? cry do i know you? cry
Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by popweezy(m): 1:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
Arisha:

First tell me Why would u call me pretender ! cry

tell me! do u know me? cry do i know you? cry
obviously,from your post, I know you are a pretender and to ur other questions,you dont know me but Yea, I Know you...very well
Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
popweezy:
obviously,from your post, I know you are a pretender and to ur other questions,you dont know me but Yea, I Know you...very
well

Yea? From where undecided
Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
Omo Ale, that lady is a gold digger. it's obvious she loved the guy just for his money

1 Like

Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Enockia(m): 2:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
Bishop4bella:
Let's see his photo before he travelled and after he came back to know if he's really fat.

abi
Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Fernandowski(m): 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
Judith1000:

Dear friend,

quit your relationship with him and come for me....mhen,I swear,am as slim as wiz khalifa
Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Sparkles003(f): 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
I HOPE THE GUY IS NOT DUBEME.
COS HE ALSO JUST GOT BACK FROM JAND FATTER THAN HE LEFT BUT LADY IF HE IS THE ONE YOU GREEDY SMALL SHA BECAUSE HE HAS A HEART OF GOLD THAT IS REAR TO FIND THIS DAYS..IF YOU DON'T LIKE HIS FATTINESS CLEAR ROAD MAKE BETTER GIRLS WEY LIKE FAT GUYS SEE AM
Re: ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? by Bimbomartins(m): 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
Arisha:

That's wat u get these days. No loyalty to d real tins of value. Atleast she admitted to being a gold digger HW about those who stay under pretense??

(1) (2) (Reply)

What If Your Bae Lives Here. Would You Continue The Relationship? / 6 Beautiful & Astonishing Pics Of Black Pregnant Women / Pictures showing sincere beauty of igbo ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.