Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry (6093 Views)

9 Types Of Sex Every Nigerian Guy Should Totally Have !!! / 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
Hy nairaland ,

TGIF, today is a chilling out day for most of us. pls I've got a question to ask. How many percent of a gal's responsibility a guy is to wield, I knw for sure some guys will say am not her father dis and dat, but you know dating isn't free, time, attention is money even tho love is free, u cnt be going out with a girl and you won't assist her with one responsibility or the other, although I have issues asking guys for money I really don't knw how to do it but dat doesn't mean I don't have needs that I struggle to meet and need assistance, @least as my boyfriend you should be sensitive to my needs and try as much as possible to meet some, although I was dead sick a time like that and I was broke @ the same time I couldn't ask my bf for money to go to the clinic but I outrightly told you I was very sick and the illness was serious, he said he was going to be praying for me, ofcos I believe in God and prayers but I also think when one is sick he/she prays and visit the doctor. I didn't like the fact that my friend went through my msgs and saw dat and she talked abt it and was like....ur guy is strange, u are sick he said he'll pray for the sickness to go instead of talking how u ll get yourself treated.

Anyways, I did self medication and got a little better I was silence about everything because am bad with asking guys for money but I appreciate if he is sensitive to my needs but then again I didn't want to put too much pressure on him too, but I want to know the level of demands one can ask from ones boyfriend, like if am sick shouldn't I expect my man to say "how ll u see a doctor and get yourself treated?" am not a person particular abt fashion and all other ladies luxury I jst focus myself on the important things of life plus am not demanding but I felt a relatnship should be like we help each other

Anyways, what do u think its sensitive to ask your man for, and wat percent of responsibility should a man carry for his babe

Thnx guys
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by deadZONE: 5:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
percentage of responsibility a guy should carry.

GIRLFRIEND = 10% that only involves taking the bills when u take her out.

WIFE = 50% because you also have the kids responsibility and others.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by rawpadgin(m): 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2015
None

its more like u are advertising yaself. That's BTW though

i do give my girlfriend money, not that i owe her shiiiit
same way i will give to a random man/woman that needs help

2 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by INTROVERT(f): 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
even nicki Minaj and beyonce still get taken care off by their men..... tyga bout a super car for his Kendal who is already a millionaire last week. SO

let me wait for NAIRALAND guys to come and run their mouth here.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
Once in a while if he has the fear of God, he should give you some money for hair and some little things. If he is really financially stable, she should put you on an allowance. I don't subscribe to demanding for it though, allow him use his mind, if he refuses to use his mind, ask with love ( grin) if he still does not use him mind, the conclusion is he is a selfish guy, u either run, or manage him.

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by deadZONE: 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
firstEVA:
Once in a while if he has the fear of God, he should give her some money for hair and some little things. If he is really financially stable, she should put her on an allowance.
Do i smell a Godly gold digger here?

3 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
deadZONE:
Do i smell a Godly gold digger here?
undecided
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by deadZONE: 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
INTROVERT:
even nicki Minaj and beyonce still get taken care off by their men..... tyga bout a super car for his Kendal who is already a millionaire last week. SO

let me wait for NAIRALAND guys to come and run their mouth here.
are u a super model? do u have those curves and boobs? how much have u spent on urself? or u think nicky minaj and beyonce where picked off from the gutter. money attracts money, a guy feels more secure spending his money on a rich girl knowing he can fall back on her when things get bad... not some broke ass like u

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by deadZONE: 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2015
firstEVA:
undecided
i dont know why u NAIJA girls have this impression a guy must do everything for u. poverty mentality... your parents sent u to school so u would come out and be independent and not waiting for a guy to buy u pant nd bra

6 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
firstEVA:
Once in a while if he has the fear of God, he should give you some money for hair and some little things. If he is really financially stable, she should put you on an allowance. I don't subscribe to demanding for it though, allow him use his mind, he he refuses to use his mind, ask with love ( grin) if he still does not use him mind, the conclusion is he is a selfish guy, u either run, or manage him.

Really? So a guy is supose to take care of your needs? But in the end, you will claim equality in the name of 'feminism' lol. Respecting a guy and letting him make certain decisions will be an issue, yet you want him to provide. Hope you aint one of those feminists?

7 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by ORACLE1975(m): 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
I can only friend a girl if she have a job.

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 14, 2015
zaragal:
Hy nairaland ,

TGIF, today is a chilling out day for most of us. pls I've got a question to ask. How many percent of a gal's responsibility a guy is to wield, I knw for sure some guys will say am not her father dis and dat, but you know dating isn't free, time, attention is money even tho love is free, u cnt be going out with a girl and you won't assist her with one responsibility or the other, although I have issues asking guys for money I really don't knw how to do it but dat doesn't mean I don't have needs that I struggle to meet and need assistance, @least as my boyfriend you should be sensitive to my needs and try as much as possible to meet some, although I was dead sick a time like that and I was broke @ the same time I couldn't ask my bf for money to go to the clinic but I outrightly told you I was very sick and the illness was serious, he said he was going to be praying for me, ofcos I believe in God and prayers but I also think when one is sick he/she prays and visit the doctor. I didn't like the fact that my friend went through my msgs and saw dat and she talked abt it and was like....ur guy is strange, u are sick he said he'll pray for the sickness to go instead of talking how u ll get yourself treated.

Anyways, I did self medication and got a little better I was silence about everything because am bad with asking guys for money but I appreciate if he is sensitive to my needs but then again I didn't want to put too much pressure on him too, but I want to know the level of demands one can ask from ones boyfriend, like if am sick shouldn't I expect my man to say "how ll u see a doctor and get yourself treated?" am not a person particular abt fashion and all other ladies luxury I jst focus myself on the important things of life plus am not demanding but I felt a relatnship should be like we help each other

Anyways, what do u think its sensitive to ask your man for, and wat percent of responsibility should a man carry for his babe

Thnx guys

1. Wife: 100% because the both of u are 1.
2. Girlfriend: OYO grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2015
dicefrost:

Really? So a guy is supose to take care of your needs? But in the end, you will claim equality in the name of 'feminism' lol. Respecting a guy and letting him make certain decisions will be an issue, yet you want him to provide. Hope you aint one of those feminists?
I am not a feminist
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2015
ORACLE1975:
I can only friend a girl if she have a job.
cos u don't want responsibility undecided
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by TS2(m): 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
I am not obligated to carry any part of your responsibilities. The only difference between a guy and a girl is the gender.

These days where women are clamouring for gender equality which they have more or less achieved, they cannot now jettison the responsibilities/consequences that come with gender equality. If you work and you have an income, you should be responsible for your needs.

Now, as a human being and not just a guy, if I am in a relationship with somebody, it is necessary that I give as is convenient and reasonable for me to. That means that my girlfriend can also take me out to eat or should at least offer to offset a fraction of the bills when we go out EXCEPT I insist. As a guy, I also have to be wise enough to realise that in order to make my babe feel more special and wanted I should go an extra mile.

What many Nigerian girls do not understand these days is that a relationship where giving is mutual and almost equal is sweeter and very intense because it is a partnership and there is always something to look forward to. I have a colleague who she and her husband always look forward to birthdays/Christmas/anniversaries, etc because they both go out of their ways to spoil each other. And pls don't tell me that in exchange for the material things I give you, I get your attention. Your attention is not supposed to be paid for. It is not an item or service.

In a nutshell, spending on someone you love is supposed to be discretionary and not obligatory. The only person who is obligated to provide for a girl is her father and I say so because the father-daughter relationship is not a partnership. He brought you into the world and is expected in conjunction with your mother to bring you up. By the time you are married, it is a partnership and a partnership works when both parties are alive to their "responsibilities".

13 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
firstEVA:
Once in a while if he has the fear of God, he should give you some money for hair and some little things. If he is really financially stable, she should put you on an allowance. I don't subscribe to demanding for it though, allow him use his mind, if he refuses to use his mind, ask with love ( grin) if he still does not use him mind, the conclusion is he is a selfish guy, u either run, or manage him.

Make sense....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by TS2(m): 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
firstEVA:

I do not owe you an allowance.

If you are financially stable would you give me an allowance?

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by TS2(m): 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2015
All does shouting they can't carry any responsibility and Gold digger, u plan on dating a girl for free??...I don't get
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by TS2(m): 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
zaragal:
Hy nairaland ,

Thnx guys

But your boyfriend is a stingo sha
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by TS2(m): 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2015
zaragal:
All does shouting they can't carry any responsibility and Gold digger, u plan on dating a girl for free??...I don't get

Do you buy a relationship? I don't get. We have a funny picture of what relationships are these days.

4 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by ronald4lif(m): 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
Why do I have the feeling this thread will make sense with controversial and satirical comments.

I don't think anyone can give a precise answer as to what level of financial responsibility a guy should shoulder in a relationship. This should generally depends on his financial strengths and how far they've come together.

There are basic needs of lady that a guy should see to. Things like hairdo, manicure, and some other bills can be taken care off, voluntarily, by a guy in a committed affair. For some who are more buoyant they do set out a monthly budget like someone already stated. But all this is done voluntarily.

I'm aware this won't go down well with some guys but they should understand that relationship comes with responsibilities and which money is a prime essentiality. I'm equally aware we all do condemn women who kind of bring about the money factor in a relationship just so they might not mislead others but fact is, money is very vital in the sustenance of a relationship and shouldn't be discarded or undermine under any guise.

I'm interested in knowing if you really think your boyfriend had money but tacitly or deliberately decided not to help. Do you think he had money to help and how serious was the ailment? I'm asking because I've noticed that a lot of women thinks a man always have money. Like men have different schemes of generating money and whenever they don't assist, it's deliberate.

4 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
TS2:
I am not obligated to carry any part of your responsibilities. The only difference between a guy and a girl is the gender.

These days where women are clamouring for gender equality which they have more or less achieved, they cannot now jettison the responsibilities/consequences that come with gender equality. If you work and you have an income, you should be responsible for your needs.

Now, as a human being and not just a guy, if I am in a relationship with somebody, it is necessary that I give as is convenient and reasonable for me to. That means that my girlfriend can also take me out to eat or should at least offer to offset a fraction of the bills when we go out EXCEPT I insist. As a guy, I also have to be wise enough to realise that in order to make my babe feel more special and wanted I should go an extra mile.

What many Nigerian girls do not understand these days is that a relationship where giving is mutual and almost equal is sweeter and very intense because it is a partnership and there is always something to look forward to. I have a colleague who she and her husband always look forward to birthdays/Christmas/anniversaries, etc because they both go out of their ways to spoil each other. And pls don't tell me that in exchange for the material things I give you, I get your attention. Your attention is not supposed to be paid for. It is not an item or service.

In a nutshell, spending on someone you love is supposed to be discretionary and not obligatory. The only person who is obligated to provide for a girl is her father and I say so because the father-daughter relationship is not a partnership. He brought you into the world and is expected in conjunction with your mother to bring you up. By the time you are married, it is a partnership and a partnership works when both parties are alive to their "responsibilities".

Oga wat are you saying....did u read and digest my post @ all....pls go and date a woman dat ll be feeding u nah, it's not a fight no nid for stories
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
TS2:

Do you buy a relationship? I don't get. We have a funny picture of what relationships are these days.

It's simple ooo...oga don't do anything for ur woman have her go out with u and pay ur bills okkk...and be a MAN abeg don't quote me again
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
ronald4lif:
Why do I have the feeling this thread will make sense with controversial and satirical comments.

I don't think anyone can give a precise answer as to what level of financial responsibility a guy should shoulder in a relationship. This should generally depends on his financial strengths and how far they've come together.

There are basic needs of lady that a guy should see to. Things like hairdo, manicure, and some other bills should be taken care off by a guy in a committed affair. For those who are more buoyant they can set out a monthly budget like someone already stated.

I'm aware this won't go down well with some guys but they should understand that relationship comes with responsibilities and which money is a prime essentiality. I'm equally aware we all do condemn women who kind of bring about the money factor in a relationship just so they might not mislead others but fact is, money is very vital in the sustenance of a relationship and shouldn't be discarded or undermine under any guise.

I'm interested in knowing if you really think your boyfriend had money but tacitly or deliberately decided not to help. Do you think he had money to help and how serious was the ailment? I'm asking because I've noticed that a lot of women thinks a man always have money. Like men have different schemes of generating money and whenever they don't assist, it's deliberate.

shocked

When did you become her father?
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by jworos(m): 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2015
Givers never lack! undecided

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
ronald4lif:

There are basic needs of lady that a guy should see to. Things like hairdo, manicure, and some other bills should be taken care off by a guy in a committed affair. For those who are more buoyant they can set out a monthly budget like someone already stated.

Guy you make sense....you make so much sense.......i don't buy the idea of demanding too much or putting pressure on him ooo. Inshort I like being independent and do tinz myself cos that gives me confident, but thing went roughly for me this few days plus I felt sick....i felt dis sickness was an extreme. I mean you couldn't assist your sick girlfriend

Abt his financial status he didn't tell me I didn't know, I recently stopped working and he is working
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by 25omega(m): 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
a girlfriend who is hungry = 0%
a girlfriend who is pulling her weight = 0%
Fiance = 5% she better be pulling her weight
wife = 50% i wont marry a leach so we would be cool

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
oreos:

shocked

Waiting for ur kind...... undecided, now get off my thread angry
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by ronald4lif(m): 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2015
oreos:

shocked

Taking up some responsibilities doesn't mean you're her father. For a guy to wow a woman money is needed. What's that thing to impress a woman that usually doesn't require money. Money must always come to play whether a man is her father or not.
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by zicoraads: 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
This thread will get very interesting pretty soon. Well, things are changing, so, we have to change with the times. Gone are those days when women were totally submissive and obedient to the husbands. The clamour for gender equality has gained a lot of momentum and is now across board. Women now see and carry themselves as being equal to men.

Based on the above, I don't think a guy has any obligation as to shouldering financial responsibilities. It is not mandatory for any guy to shoulder his girlfriend's financial obligations. On the other hand, if he wants to do it out of the goodness of his heart, good and fine. But making it look like a compulsory component of a guy's duty is wrong.

However, it becomes a different argument when they are both husband and wife. In that case, he is the head of the home, it therefore becomes his responsibility if the wife has nothing to do. If however she is also financially buoyant, they share the load.

A guy from the 'goodness' of his heart can decide to do it, but it is not a must. Giving a girl money is not a total expression of love. Buying of gifts and valuables are even more meaningful to me.

That being said, I don't ever intend to go into any relationship with any lady who is not financially independent. They are the ones who ask such questions as the OP tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by ronald4lif(m): 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
zaragal:

Guy you make sense....you make so much sense.......i don't buy the idea of demanding too much or putting pressure on him ooo. Inshort I like being independent and do tinz myself cos that gives me confident, but thing went roughly for me this few days plus I felt sick....i felt dis sickness was an extreme. I mean you couldn't assist your sick girlfriend

Abt his financial status he didn't tell me I didn't know, I recently stopped working and he is working

Well, he's working doesn't translate to having money. He sure got other responsibilities.

From your conversation with him prior to your sickness did he at any point gave the impression that times are hard or not? Didn't he usually assist you before then?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? / I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life / Meet The 94-year-old Woman Who Is Still Slaying (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.