Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry (6121 Views)

9 Types Of Sex Every Nigerian Guy Should Totally Have !!! / 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by zicoraads: 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2015
ronald4lif:

Taking up some responsibilities doesn't mean you're her father. For a guy to wow a woman money is needed. What's that thing to impress a woman that usually doesn't require money. Money must always come to play whether a man is her father or not.
I believe the girl was talking about giving out money, raw cash, ego, kudi, owo!!! It's totally different if I take you out to a nice restaurant or buy you a lovely necklace, earrings, or perfume etc. but making it out to sound like 'IT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY COS WE DATING?' Hell no!

2 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 14, 2015
ronald4lif:

Taking up some responsibilities doesn't mean you're her father. For a guy to wow a woman money is needed. What's that thing to impress a woman that usually doesn't require money. Money must always come to play whether a man is her father or not.

I think the idea of spending on her should be while you on dates or doing things together. That would be nice and romantic but I don't agree it is advisable to give her money unless maybe she is not well off.

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by zicoraads: 6:20pm On Aug 14, 2015
Mrcork...come and see this homebase female begging for moineyyy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
zaragal:

Waiting for ur kind...... undecided, now get off my thread angry

Disclaimer: this is a public forumcheesy

Won't you feel ashamed of yourself when you collect from your bf? I blame the sense of entitlement you grew up with. What you have should be enough for you and what he has can go into planning for your future. And if you are not financially well off, of course he can help but would you the same if you were in his shoes

I can see why my brother told me categorically that he can't marry a lady who isn't from an average home.

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by TS2(m): 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2015
zaragal:

It's simple ooo...oga don't do anything for ur woman have her go out with u and pay ur bills okkk...and be a MAN abeg don't quote me again

The day you have someone new on your p and you guys go out for the first time, let me give you one dub...offer to pay at least HALF of the bill and no less. He might not agree and if you are insistent he might. The next time, offer to pay half or even if its a little fraction. Of course he's not likely to let you. By that you would have won his respect forever and if he has sense, he wouldn't let you go. You would also have painted yourself as an independent, not-fazed-by-your-cash picture even though its all yarns. You'll thank me later.

Btw, I'll quote whoever I want to quote.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2015
@zaragal, that situation is different. He shoupd have helped but I don't think a man should take responsibilities of his GF except she is in truly in need.
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by zicoraads: 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
oreos:

Won't you feel ashamed of yourself when you collect from your bf? I blame the sense of entitlement you grew up with. What you have should be enough for you and what he has can go into planning for your future. And if you are not financially well off, of course he can help but would you the same if you were in his shoes

I can see why my brother told me categorically that he can't marry a lady who isn't from an average home
Just yesterday I was having this same discussion with a colleague at work. Love alone is no longer enough. And then we blame the super rich who get married to only people in their circle? I don't blame them. An average girl wants to milk you dry the moment the both of you meet. My dear, wife-to-be must have something doing as well.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by ronald4lif(m): 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
zicoraads:
I believe the girl was talking about giving out money, raw cash, ego, kudi, owo!!! It's totally different if I take you out to a nice restaurant or buy you a lovely necklace, earrings, or perfume etc. but making it out to sound like 'IT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY COS WE DATING?' Hell no!

I understand she meant cash but for a guy who doesn't believe in handing fiscal gifts he can still assist her to a lab and take up the bills. But shouldn't be mandatory but voluntarily. I'm not even interested about her sickness scenario but about her question of the level of responsibilities a man should bear.

While it is true that responsibility should be voluntarily and not obligatory it's something that it's expected of a guy no matter how insignificant the level of the responsibility is. The issue of gender equality which you stated in your initial comment sure contradicts chivalry and the traditional role of which men takes up women's responsibility but not every woman holds such opinion.

A lot of women are still comfortable with the status quo and still believes a man leads in the home. And holding them responsible for what they don't subscribe to is unfair and unwarranted. The propagandists of gender equality are feminists.
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by justwise(m): 6:33pm On Aug 14, 2015
firstEVA:
Once in a while if he has the fear of God, he should give you some money for hair and some little things. If he is really financially stable, she should put you on an allowance. I don't subscribe to demanding for it though, allow him use his mind, if he refuses to use his mind, ask with love ( grin) if he still does not use him mind, the conclusion is he is a selfish guy, u either run, or manage him.

...and if you have the fear of fairness what will you be doing with your own money?

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Enockia(m): 6:33pm On Aug 14, 2015
deadZONE:
Do i smell a Godly gold digger here?
i smell it too but it comes from ur moniker
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by zicoraads: 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
Where is Caracta...it's been a while. I would love to see her comment on this issue as well.

And MizMyColi...do you also hold same view as the OP?
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by zicoraads: 6:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
ronald4lif:

I understand she meant cash but for a guy who doesn't believe in handing fiscal gifts he can still assist her to a lab and take up the bills. But shouldn't be mandatory but voluntarily. I'm not even interested about her sickness scenario but about her question of the level of responsibilities a man should bear.

While it is true that responsibility should be voluntarily and not obligatory it's something that it's expected of a guy no matter how insignificant the level of the responsibility is. The issue of gender equality which you stated in your initial comment sure contradicts chivalry and the traditional role of which men takes up women's responsibility but not every woman holds such opinion.

A lot of women are still comfortable with the status quo and still believes a man leads in the home. And holding them responsible for what they don't subscribe to is unfair and unwarranted. The propagandists of gender equality are feminists.
That is my point. We are saying the same thing!
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by TS2(m): 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
The problem with girls like zaragal is that they don't listen to advise from people like us. I am telling you CATEGORICALLY...The only women entitled to my resources are my wife and daughter. Any other is going to be decided by charity, discretion and the situation at hand.

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
zicoraads:
Just yesterday I was having this same discussion with a colleague at work. Love alone is no longer enough. And then we blame the super rich who get married to only people in their circle? I don't blame them. An average girl wants to milk you dry the moment the both of you meet. My dear, wife-to-be must have something doing as well.

By the time you realise it, her parents responsibilities will become yours by default because the lady that thinks she deserves a percentage of your income, would also believe that it is your responsibility to take care of her parents.
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by zicoraads: 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
oreos:

It is not about lady, It is also about her family and in particular, her parents. Their responsibilities will become yours by default because the lady that thinks she deserves a percentage of your income, would also believe that it is your responsibility to take care of her parents.
That one strong oooo grin grin
Lady, family and parents too? cheesy
For me though, her financial independence is good enough! I wouldn't begrudge her for coming from a family that is not 'strong' enough embarassed
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by ronald4lif(m): 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2015
oreos:

I think the idea of spending on her should be while you on dates or doing things together. That would be nice and romantic but I don't agree it is advisable to give her money unless maybe she is not well off.

True. Let me not say further before my stand on this issue get misconstrue as giving backings to giving money to women like a mandate. I only feel that a man should bear some form of financial responsibility in a relationship which includes saloon bills and not restricted to outings and the treats.

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
ronald4lif:

True. Let me not say further before my stand on this issue get misconstrue as giving backings to giving money to women like a mandate. I only feel that a man should bear some form of financial responsibility in a relationship which [b]includes saloon bills [/b]and not restricted to outings and the treats.

I don't think that is right except he wants her to do a particular style, I can definitely understand that partundecided
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2015
The same percentage the girl is able to cater.for too
You dnt expect your guy to help you financially while you sit back doing nothing. Your guy doesn't owe you nothing.
IF you want him to be the giver u must learn to give too dear

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 14, 2015
TS2:
The problem with girls like zaragal is that they don't listen to advise from people like us. I am telling you CATEGORICALLY...The only women entitled to my resources are my wife and daughter. Any other is going to be decided by charity, discretion and the situation at hand.

wait! Wat is ur advice again cos i see none dear
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2015
zicoraads:
Mrcork...come and see this homebase female begging for moineyyy cheesy cheesy

Cum are you mad?? Or u are just high on cheap drugs, who is begging for money or are you out of ur senses?? Did u read my post @ all or u have no understanding function of ur air brains, come no let me change am for you jst better get off my thread....
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
oreos:

I can see why my brother told me categorically that he can't marry a lady who isn't from an average home.

U lack common sense and it's obvious if you have sense u ll go back to my post and pick up some senses....no offense
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 14, 2015
I so regret posting dis thing....half of the entire Nigerians can't even read a passage and understand...I see y comprehension is always the bad part of English language to read and understand cheesy cheesy....

In my post I said I don't subscribe to damming from guys as much as I love to be independence, in that regard am confuse if a guy is to carry a gal's responsibility and to wat percent as a matter of fact I said I don't ask guys for me cos I don't knw how to but @least ones in a while express your love, did anybody get to read where I said I was sick....is dat too much...clinic I would help a sick person even if he/she is stranger not to talk of my own man....nairaland men cn be so heartless really

Am outta here
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Enockia(m): 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
classicB:
The same percentage the girl is able to cater.for too
You dnt expect your guy to help you financially while you sit back doing nothing. Your guy doesn't owe you nothing.
IF you want him to be the giver u must learn to give too dear

dis is about the best comment ive read on dis tread i feel u joor u too much
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by ronald4lif(m): 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
oreos:

I don't think that is right except he wants her to do a particular style, I can definitely understand that partundecided

Well, maybe, maybe not. I actually don't see anything wrong with it. I only tend to strictly kick against it on here just to discourage the continuous dependent mentality of a lot of ladies to men. I could be wrong thinking it's the right thing to foot hairdo bills.
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by zicoraads: 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
zaragal:

Cum are you mad?? Or u are just high on cheap drugs, who is begging for money or are you out of ur senses?? Did u read my post @ all or u have no understanding function of ur air brains, come no let me change am for you jst better get off my thread....
Stop begging guys for money tongue tongue
All this home base females mehn grin
Go and work and earn money and you won't have to see your boify as a money making venture. God knows I can never, ever, ever think about dating anyone like you...even if am paid to do it cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
zaragal:

U lack common sense and it's obvious if you have sense u ll go back to my post and pick up some senses....no offense

It is obvious you are a pest, It would be great if you could learn how to be self sufficient and responsible grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by ORACLE1975(m): 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
firstEVA:
cos u don't want responsibility undecided
yes if u think so,but how will my girl wait for before she can buy Maggi?

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by zicoraads: 8:44pm On Aug 14, 2015
zaragal:
I so regret posting dis thing....half of the entire Nigerians can't even read a passage and understand...I see y comprehension is always the bad part of English language to read and understand cheesy cheesy....

In my post I said I don't subscribe to damming from guys as much as I love to be independence, in that regard am confuse if a guy is to carry a gal's responsibility and to wat percent as a matter of fact I said I don't ask guys for me cos I don't knw how to but @least ones in a while express your love, did anybody get to read where I said I was sick....is dat too much...clinic I would help a sick person even if he/she is stranger not to talk of my own man....nairaland men cn be so heartless really

Am outta here
And now she is getting emotional undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by jmoore(m): 8:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
When will some of you folks be emancipated from this type of mentality?

Is he your father?

What's wrong in a girl making her own money? Na taboo?

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
zicoraads:

Stop begging guys for money tongue tongue
All this home base females mehn grin
Go and work and earn money and you won't have to see your boify as a money making venture. God knows I can never, ever, ever think about dating anyone like you...even if am paid to do it cheesy

u re nt worth my tym, if i have no worth u wnt b roamin ard my thread ranting thrash frm ur maggot mouth.
Anyways u re nt worth my tym, quote me if u re stupid
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 14, 2015
oreos:

It is obvious you are a pest, It would be great if you could learn how to be self sufficient and responsible grin

wat a waste! kiss
oreos:

wat a waste!
Re: How Many Percent Of A Girl's Responsibility A Guy Should Carry by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2015
oreos:
@zaragal, that situation is different. He shoupd have helped but I don't think a man should take responsibilities of his GF except she is in truly in need.

ok so hw do u guys date, u do i love u 4 mouth, i mean hw do u xpress love?, i cn neva date a nairalanda no b swear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Queen Eve, Google, Omolola 1, Inked_nerd, Sa Goddess, Mama_gee, Tpiah (h Questio / Some Unstaged Wedding Photographs That Show The Father-daughter Relationship. / My Fiancee Confesses Her Love To Another Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.