Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Ebira Ladies/people And Others Emotional Opinion - Share Your Experience - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ebira Ladies/people And Others Emotional Opinion - Share Your Experience (1642 Views)

Why You Should Appreciate Ladies "People" Who Were With You When You Were Broke / My Cousin Is Tripping Badly, Please Share Your Experience / Girl Says Jesus Fed 5000 People And Didn't Ask Anyone To Off Pant, Guy Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebira Ladies/people And Others Emotional Opinion - Share Your Experience by Maamin(m): 6:59pm On Aug 14, 2015
Let me share my trio-coincidence first..with what I will call mere rumors of the masses grin

It was on a rainy wednesday I walked into a barbing saloon to cut my hair after a long stressful day at school, not long that I arrived in the saloon, one of the barbers and a customer started discussing politics in their dialect which I immediately recognised to be Igala language..soon! they began talking about Governorship in Kogi state and after was, why the Ebira people have not ruled or will not rule the state even in the near future. And as usual they discussed dating with Ebira ladies which they termed to be fierce if you dare break their heart but also admitted about their astonishing beauty. On the second day being Thursday, I was in my departmental GIS lab, when I jokingly said something and my igbo friend asked others in anticipation on my state of origin..like "where am I from again?" soon as he got the answer he was hoping for that am from Kogi state an Ebira boy..the whole room flair into loud shout and we had a little argument about the Ebira people again and some guys around shared their stories about Ebira people and also about Ebira girls and why you should never mess with them. On the third day, being Friday which happens to be today August 14th, two of my lecturers and some of my few female friends which one of them happens to be an Ebira chick too got talking and one of them discovers us to be Ebira, then they started sharing their past experience and encounter with Ebira people plus how they are scared of passing through Okene town when they travel..hehehe!
This inspired me to open this thread specially to get everyone reading this to pour out their heart and experience too..lol!

But first Ebira Tao as they are called are the largest group of Ebira people. They hail from the North central part of Nigeria.

The Ebira, through oral tradition, trace their descent to Wukari (in the present Taraba state) where they were a constituent part of the Kwararafa confederation. In about 1680 AD, they (along with the Idoma and Igala) migrated out of Wukari a chieftaincy dispute and to their present location in the country today. But without delving much into the history of the Ebira people, I will like us to focus on the behavioural constituent of these so much controversial and lovely people..lol!

The name EBIRA simply means "Good Character". But I have noticed countless of time some which I could recall and some which I can barely draw back to the great misconception on behavioural characteristics of Ebira people and to some great extent criticism on their girls( i.e Ebira ladies) being too fierce in their actions in the area that got to do with the heart. Others go to the point of acknowledging them as a set of wicked and harsh set of people..Hehehe!

I have heard countless of cases from different ethnic groups as well about either their sordid/terrible or wonderful and terrific encounter with these people.

But could these be just crowd mentality and over exaggeration or perhaps! The tales told by the majority of other ethnic groups about the Ebira people are more than speculations.

However the case may be, I will like us to conduct a general research survey from the romancelanders since this will have to deal with emotional reaction and experience from one or two persons here, on why there have been numerous criticism on the Ebira's and their fierce and fearsome (F&F) way of life..could it be that there is more to this people than meet the eye?

Share your experience and what you feel about them, if you have any please! may be relationship, friendship or any interaction you've had by chance with an Ebira person in the past. smiley

Maamin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebira Ladies/people And Others Emotional Opinion - Share Your Experience by christinie(f): 7:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
Wake me up when someone else comments.
Re: Ebira Ladies/people And Others Emotional Opinion - Share Your Experience by Ozavize88(f): 10:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
christinie:
Wake me up when someone else comments.
hey stand up,am typing my comment already
Re: Ebira Ladies/people And Others Emotional Opinion - Share Your Experience by hidee20(m): 11:42pm On Aug 14, 2015
Just wanna say am present here angry undecided
Re: Ebira Ladies/people And Others Emotional Opinion - Share Your Experience by OTOS1: 6:52am On Sep 23, 2017
NO 1 LIKE EBIRA GIRLS
Re: Ebira Ladies/people And Others Emotional Opinion - Share Your Experience by Konquest: 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2021
Maamin:
Let me share my trio-coincidence first..with what I will call mere rumors of the masses grin

It was on a rainy wednesday I walked into a barbing saloon to cut my hair after a long stressful day at school, not long that I arrived in the saloon, one of the barbers and a customer started discussing politics in their dialect which I immediately recognised to be Igala language..soon! they began talking about Governorship in Kogi state and after was, why the Ebira people have not ruled or will not rule the state even in the near future. And as usual they discussed dating with Ebira ladies which they termed to be fierce if you dare break their heart but also admitted about their astonishing beauty. On the second day being Thursday, I was in my departmental GIS lab, when I jokingly said something and my igbo friend asked others in anticipation on my state of origin..like "where am I from again?" soon as he got the answer he was hoping for that am from Kogi state an Ebira boy..the whole room flair into loud shout and we had a little argument about the Ebira people again and some guys around shared their stories about Ebira people and also about Ebira girls and why you should never mess with them. On the third day, being Friday which happens to be today August 14th, two of my lecturers and some of my few female friends which one of them happens to be an Ebira chick too got talking and one of them discovers us to be Ebira, then they started sharing their past experience and encounter with Ebira people plus how they are scared of passing through Okene town when they travel..hehehe!
This inspired me to open this thread specially to get everyone reading this to pour out their heart and experience too..lol!

But first Ebira Tao as they are called are the largest group of Ebira people. They hail from the North central part of Nigeria.

The Ebira, through oral tradition, trace their descent to Wukari (in the present Taraba state) where they were a constituent part of the Kwararafa confederation. In about 1680 AD, they (along with the Idoma and Igala) migrated out of Wukari a chieftaincy dispute and to their present location in the country today. But without delving much into the history of the Ebira people, I will like us to focus on the behavioural constituent of these so much controversial and lovely people..lol!

The name EBIRA simply means "Good Character". But I have noticed countless of time some which I could recall and some which I can barely draw back to the great misconception on behavioural characteristics of Ebira people and to some great extent criticism on their girls( i.e Ebira ladies) being too fierce in their actions in the area that got to do with the heart. Others go to the point of acknowledging them as a set of wicked and harsh set of people..Hehehe!

I have heard countless of cases from different ethnic groups as well about either their sordid/terrible or wonderful and terrific encounter with these people.

But could these be just crowd mentality and over exaggeration or perhaps! The tales told by the majority of other ethnic groups about the Ebira people are more than speculations.

However the case may be, I will like us to conduct a general research survey from the romancelanders since this will have to deal with emotional reaction and experience from one or two persons here, on why there have been numerous criticism on the Ebira's and their fierce and fearsome (F&F) way of life..could it be that there is more to this people than meet the eye?

Share your experience and what you feel about them, if you have any please! may be relationship, friendship or any interaction you've had by chance with an Ebira person in the past. smiley

Maamin
Wow factor!

The Wukari connection with the
defunct Jukun Empire. The late
Attah of Igala Michael Oboni also said 3 years ago that Igalas evolved from the fusion of migrants from Wukari (who moved along the River Benue to the River Niger
confluence) with some Yorubas
and Edos.

The first Ebiras (males and females) I had contact with back in the day were extremely brilliant in academics and they also spoke some Yoruba. I later realised from maps that Ebiras and the Yorubas of Kogi State share boundaries with one another and with Igalas. wink

The perception of Ebiras that I have is that they have very brilliant, handsome and beautiful people based on the Ebira friends I had
in the cosmopolitan schools I attended in Nigeria, and they've got corporate professionals like the delectable and well-spoken Amina Oyagbola (ex-MTN) who is Ebira and originally from Okene.

That's it!

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Should I Continue Or Quit This Relationship? / Bathroom Experience (a Must Read) / Photos: Caption This Touching Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.