Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Submission In Marriage - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Submission In Marriage (14170 Views)

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / What We Men Really Pray For In Marriage (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Submission In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
freshvine:

We were interfacing until you call out my hubby which is totally unacceptable.

Abeg you and freecocoa should kiss and make up
Re: Submission In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
Onegai:

You have restored my faith in Christians. Thank you for this. Thank you so much.

This is awesome. A thread in Family section that is sane. We need to keep a lot of people out more often grin

Submission got abused, which is why women struggle with it. I naturally respect some people because of what they are, not because they're male or older.

@ bold:

Lols!

This thread was for a purpose, it must be fulfilled kiss
Re: Submission In Marriage by BABE3: 8:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
bukatyne:

You ran away from your thread.

Your thoughts?

One time I think you are a Christian.... today I lipsrsealed

I'm a Christian o. Come aunty bukatyne, is it possible to be a Christian and not go by the bible? and just love my neighbor as myself ? cheesy

thoughts on this submission wahala? Dunno, don't care. grin Sowi.
Re: Submission In Marriage by freshvine(f): 8:34pm On Aug 16, 2015
bukatyne:

Abeg you and freecocoa should kiss and make up

I like freecocoa. She's intelligent and unbiased in her view. She reminds me of late Vivian but this night she treaded the inglorious path
Re: Submission In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
BABE3:

I'm a Christian o. Come aunty bukatyne, is it possible to be a Christian and not go by the bible? and just love my neighbor as myself ? cheesy

thoughts on this submission wahala? Dunno, don't care. grin Sowi.

Christian that doesn't believe the Bible?

Hmmmm...

Thought you would care about it grin
Re: Submission In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
freshvine:

I like freecocoa. She's intelligent and unbiased in her view. She reminds me of late Vivian but this night she treaded the inglorious path

And you decided to tread with her... just kidding grin

We always can't agree...

Oya Free, leave the inglorious path cheesy
Re: Submission In Marriage by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
freecocoa:
I do understand your angle but I don't agree that's what submission means according to the bible and you do have to be unequal to submit but anyways, nice advice.grin

Bukatyne, I was going to call you out on your bvllshit but this atheist feminist above has set you straight.

Number 1. Buky, you don't have to agree with the bible.

Number 2. You do not have the authority to re-write the bible or misinterpret it deliberately. The bible explicitly states that wives are to submit to their husbands as unto the Lord. We all know what submission means and we can either accept to abide by biblical injunctions or dump them. We cannot make them into what we would like. Come on.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Submission In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
Timbuktou:

Bukatyne, I was going to call you out on your bvllshit but this atheist feminist above has set you straight.

Number 1. Buky, you don't have to agree with the bible.

Number 2. You do not have the authority to re-write the bible or misinterpret it deliberately. The bible explicitly states that wives are to submit to their husbands as unto the Lord. We all know what submission means and we can either accept to abide by biblical injunctions or dump them. We cannot make them into what we would like. Come on.

I believe you read the OP?

Goodnight

6 Likes

Re: Submission In Marriage by freecocoa(f): 8:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
freshvine:

We were interfacing until you call out my hubby which is totally unacceptable.
You started it, just like you did with phema and I made mention of your husband because that's who you are married and submitting to, which makes you think every other man or woman should be in that type of relationship, all I did was tell you not all men are like that, seeing it as an insult just shows you aren't even comfortable with what you are here preaching.

Anyways, I'm not offended at your comment, as I couldn't care less what you think of me, its just disappointing, talking like a woman being single is something shameful.

3 Likes

Re: Submission In Marriage by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
bukatyne:

I believe you read the OP?

Goodnight

I know this is a masturbatory thread and I'd love to leave you alone but there are others out there who would benefit from another point of view. So, ignore me. Anybody with a functional brain will appreciate the merit in my posts.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Submission In Marriage by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
bukatyne:

I just noticed the theme and wanted a thread to address it joor.

And then you will brook no questioning your opinion? You want everybody to just accept your views? What if my daughter comes here? God forbid she doesn't see a rebuttal to your narrative. Your stand is weakened when it is unfalsifiable.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Submission In Marriage by shaybebaby(f): 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
bukatyne:

A husband should not be throwing poo in the first place.
Aaah in an ideal setting. But submission means giving absolute power to me and we know what they say, absolute power corrupts.
Where are the cheques and balances in place for the ones who demand submission?

2 Likes

Re: Submission In Marriage by shaybebaby(f): 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
babygirlfl:

It's always best to go by the standard definitions of things. I don't buy all these different meaning because it gives rise to a situation bad people can twist it to suit them as evident in our society today.

And there lies the problems, interpretations become subjective.

1 Like

Re: Submission In Marriage by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
freecocoa:
You are right, although the way I see it, there won't be room for submitting in my marriage, the point being that, I believe a man who loves you, will not want you to give into his wish without considering if it okay with you or not, which is what submission is all about.

I still strongly believe, the right word is compromise.
Exactly, marry a good man who loves you and these submission bla bla won't even apply to you..

Both of you would know how to please each other and also know what to do at almost every point in time, it will flow just like that. ...

No room to battle for superiority or otherwise. ..
Re: Submission In Marriage by babygirlfl: 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
shaybebaby:

Aaah in an ideal setting. But submission means giving absolute power to me and we know what they say, absolute power corrupts.
Where are the cheques and balances in place for the ones who demand submission?

These check and balances have always been the problem most people have with submission and headship. What is in place for those who demand submission. People make mistakes. Should people who make mistakes with their choice of partner have to suffer forever or divorce over demand of submission?

1 Like

Re: Submission In Marriage by Bibol(f): 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
Caracta:

Exactly. When a man in Africa shows too much love to his woman, it's wrongly termed as being under the influence of 'juju' because it appears the woman is controlling him. There is something wonderful that woman is doing to that man. It could even be as petty as food or sexual games.

Bet my inlaw you know that ain't petty na
Re: Submission In Marriage by freshvine(f): 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
freecocoa:
You started it, just like you did with phema and I made mention of your husband because that's who you are married and submitting to, which makes you think every other man or woman should be in that type of relationship, all I did was tell you not all men are like that, seeing it as an insult just shows you aren't even comfortable with what you are here preaching.

Anyways, I'm not offended at your comment, as I couldn't care less what you think of me, its just disappointing, talking like a woman being single is something shameful.

Don't be emotional to your fellow woman.

Accept your mistake to enable us move on. Running circus on what is your making makes you look like a sycophant.

1 Like

Re: Submission In Marriage by freecocoa(f): 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Exactly, marry a good man who loves you and these submission bla bla won't even apply to you..

Both of you would know how to please each other and also know what to do at almost every point in time, it will flow just like that. ...

True, it all starts with marrying the right person.

I've never had to battle with anyone on this, in a relationship before.

It just has never come up and this me here, is the same in the real world with all my ideologies.
Re: Submission In Marriage by freshvine(f): 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
MarvellousGod:

Ideal marriage built fantasizing.
Marriage is two temperament coming together to work on their differences for a happy Union.

Marriage is PURE work and sacrifice.

Trust me with time a typical couple will see things differently. Who will bow matters from that point.

1 Like

Re: Submission In Marriage by shaybebaby(f): 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2015
freecocoa:
True, it all starts with marrying the right person.

I've never had to battle with anyone on this, in a relationship before.

It just has never come up and this me here, is the same in the real world with all my ideologies.
Totally foreign to me as well. My previous partners obviously did not receive the memo thankfully. Neither did the present one. grin
Re: Submission In Marriage by freecocoa(f): 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2015
freshvine:

Accept your mistake to enable us move on. Running circus on what is your making makes you look like a sycophant.
Just imagine.

You do know the meaning of the word 'sycophant' e kwa? How can you tell me to accept a mistake I never made? Babe advice yourself before trying to advice someone else.

I'm not anywhere near emotional, you fecked up for taking a jab at me for being single, I don't say that for myself but because of how the society behaves as regards that issue and also being that that is one of the things we are trying to change, there's no shame in being single, being married is not all there is to life, learn that today.

4 Likes

Re: Submission In Marriage by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2015
freshvine:

Ideal marriage built fantasizing.
Marriage is two temperament coming together to work on their differences for a happy Union.

Marriage is PURE work and sacrifice.

Trust me with time a typical couple will see things differently. Who will bow matters from that point.
Of course, marriage also involves sacrifices but those sacrifices are made out of love and not compulsion. .

When they see things differently, they have to reach a decision/compromise and that decision will still be in the best interest of both of them...

In a marriage where the two partners love and value each other, submission or battle for Who is superior, inferior, subordinate, beneath, under or whatever is the least of their problem. ..
Re: Submission In Marriage by GHoJes: 9:35pm On Aug 16, 2015
bukatyne:

Hmmmmmmm
Thank God this is coming from someone else.
Again, classic and thank you.
Its a pleasure! Thanks too.
Re: Submission In Marriage by freecocoa(f): 9:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
shaybebaby:

Totally foreign to me as well. My previous partners obviously did not receive the memo thankfully. Neither did the present one. grin
Lol, we are lucky like that.grin

1 Like

Re: Submission In Marriage by GHoJes: 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
freshvine:

Your dossier?
Re: Submission In Marriage by dinachi(m): 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
Timbuktou:

I know this is a masturbatory thread and I'd love to leave you alone but there are others out there who would benefit from another point of view. So, ignore me. Anybody with a functional brain will appreciate the merit in my posts.
My brother dont bother yourself. Apart from a few Godly women here, the rest are mastubators and regurgitators intent only on blasphemy and manipulating the word of God to suit their reprobated minds. Here you have women who promote homosexuality
and directly challenge God. They submit to their parents, they submit to their bosses in the office but when it comes to their husbands they start questioning his authority and the Bible. Such women will also question God for being a male figure! Thank God for the Godly ones here who are truly representing Biblical marital principles in the face of opposition from desperate people here.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Submission In Marriage by dinachi(m): 10:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
My genuine Christian sisters chido and co please open a genuine Christian thread about Godly submission in marriage and we will comment. This thread is an affront on real Christian marital submission opened by people who have no single regard for the Almighty God and the Bible. I am out of here

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Submission In Marriage by snakebeat: 10:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
Phema:
Nice thread. But again, you are not defining submission in marriage according to the Bible.

The Bible says "wives submit to your husbands in all things". This means that you MUST do your husband's bidding ALWAYS, even when it really doesn't make sense.

And no. A husband and wife are not equal, biblically. You donot submit "in all things" to someone you are equal to. The way I see it, one is either a christian who lives by the Bible or an athiest/non practising christian who lives by common sense. No middle grounds. A real christian woman must submit to her husband always, hence not equal to him.

Now, my question is; what if my husband wants me to do something that is obviously a sin? At what point does one say no to submission without going against God's word?

@bolded
God is not an author of confusion! Don't play pranks with him! I presume u're a lady for asking such question. As a true christian, the bible should be your ultimate guide. It's written in the bible, honour thy father & thy mother, as a student, it's obligatory to obey your teacher, but that doesn't mean saying NO to anything that goes contrary to the bible isn't right. ''If it's your hand that will lure u into sin, it's better to cut it off''.

God is too pure to identify with sin, likewise anything inspired of him, when he said submit to your husband in all things, as a christian u should know he was talking about the good things. Your father ask u to prepare a meal, u refuse. A husband tells his wife to prepare a meal for the family, she refuse, just to prove she's equal to her husband, she starves the family & commits disobedience, which violate's God's command, because what the husband asked of her wasn't against God's command. But when a man tells his wife to sleep with his friend, it's expected of the wife to say NO, because it's adultery, it violate's God's command.

I really don't like it when I see feminists dragging God's name into their pride motivated rebellious ideologies. Feminists are bereft of humility, they don't have a modicum of it. We all know the truth, God's commandments are well laid out in the bible, trying to twist God's word all in a bid to suit their misplaced sentiments & pride will only lead them to hell.

There is no correlation between feminism & christianity, they are two parallel lines. Feminists should stop scoffing God by making reference to the bible when propagating their pride motivated rebellious ideologies...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Submission In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Of course, marriage also involves sacrifices but those sacrifices are made out of love and not compulsion. .

When they see things differently, they have to reach a decision/compromise and that decision will still be in the best interest of both of them...

In a marriage where the two partners love and value each other, submission or battle for Who is superior, inferior, subordinate, beneath, under or whatever is the least of their problem. ..

kiss

1 Like

Re: Submission In Marriage by buggaboo: 10:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
Richiy:
What men want is respect. Just give it to them and you would find him trying so hard to please and protect you.

Simple
Re: Submission In Marriage by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
dinachi:

My brother dont bother yourself. Apart from a few Godly women here, the rest are mastubators and regurgitators intent only on blasphemy and manipulating the word of God to suit their reprobated minds. Here you have women who promote homosexuality
and directly challenge God. They submit to their parents, they submit to their bosses in the office but when it comes to their husbands they start questioning his authority and the Bible. Such women will also question God for being a male figure! Thank God for the Godly ones here who are truly representing Biblical marital principles in the face of opposition from desperate reprobated retards here.

Lol. I just find it funny that a practising christian. Wants to re-write the bible. It's one thing to not like or subscribe to submission, it's another to lie against the bible in a bid to justify your preferences.

3 Likes

Re: Submission In Marriage by thorpido(m): 11:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
To the critics of the bible who say the bible speaks from both sides of the mouth or people giving their own definition to words e.t.c.
The bible was not written in english and so words written in the english bible were translated.Some words could mean more than one meaning e.g knowledge could be eido or ginosko and they don't mean the same thing.Learn about the Septuagint.
Submit as used in the bible could be hupakoe or hupotasso.
Hupakoe means to obey or subject to.Hupotasso means to be at a disposition of another.It also means to lift one up to a level of worthiness.When the bible says a woman should submit,it's talking about Hupotasso.
What's wrong with a woman elevating her husband to a level of worthiness?Of course it goes both ways as shown in other bible verses.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Wife Destroys My Properties Whenever She Is Angry, Man Tells Court / How Did You Feel The First Time You Became A Father? / My Fiancee Had An Affair With Her Business Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.