Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,053 members, 7,852,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:41 PM

What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? (1262 Views)

Why Have Nigerian Girls Now Become Polygamous In Nature. / Your View On Honeymoon In Hotels? / Are Men Polygamous In Nature? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by hayoakins(m): 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2009
Ladies, can you share your husband?
Guys: Do you ever think of marrying more than one wife?
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by osisi2(f): 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2009
This topic has been discussed several times and the consensus was that polygamy was an idiotic thing to do
I strongly agree.
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by MrCrackles(m): 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2009
POLYGAMY is absolute rubbish!
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by whitelexi(m): 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2009
Polygamy has been around for a while, where it works - it definitely works. . .  In other places however, greed and jealousy turn it into a complete failure. It wasn't rubbish in the days of old, it still isn't rubbish in some parts of the world today.  If planned well it certainly will work, and although nobody who has experienced western education and civilization wants to go in that direction [myself included], many would kill to be in one. tongue tongue tongue

It seems the only way to contain man's desire for multiple relationships, and woman's quest to know man's every move grin
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by osisi2(f): 4:53pm On Mar 25, 2009
whitelexi:

Polygamy has been around for a while, where it works - it definitely works. . . In other places however, greed and jealousy turn it into a complete failure. It wasn't rubbish in the days of old, it still isn't rubbish in some parts of the world today. If planned well it certainly will work, and although nobody who has experienced western education and civilization wants to go in that direction [myself included], many would kill to be in one. tongue tongue tongue

It seems the only way to contain man's desire for multiple relationships, and woman's quest to know man's every move grin

You have absolutely no right as a man to tell us how good polygamy is
Let the women,who are the ones getting done,say so.
Let the kids who are the products of the the wonderful world of polygamy tell you so
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by Pataki: 4:55pm On Mar 25, 2009
This topic has been over-dealt with on nairaland. undecided
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by whitelexi(m): 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2009
**osisi:

You have absolutely no right as a man to tell us how good polygamy is
Let the women,who are the ones getting done,say so.
Let the kids who are the products of the the wonderful world of polygamy tell you so

I sense alot of personal agro coming from your post, there's no need to get worked up. I just made a point, the fact that it doesn't appeal to u doesn't make it sour. . . The fact that it has not worked in a few cases doesn't make it impossible. There are many women today who would gladly grab polygamy with both hands.

And dont make it look like polygamy favours the men, it also favours women who'd rather know who their hussy is with at every moment cheesy
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by LadyT(f): 5:04pm On Mar 25, 2009
whitelexi:

I sense alot of personal agro coming from your post, there's no need to get worked up. I just made a point, the fact that it doesn't appeal to u doesn't make it sour. . . The fact that it has not worked in a few cases doesn't make it impossible. There are many women today who would gladly grab polygamy with both hands.

And dont make it look like polygamy favours the men, it also favours women who'd rather know who their hussy is with at every moment cheesy

You are wrong is favours women who are so fedup with the crap they get from men they need a sperm donor. But due to culture and saving face they lay claim on being someones 15th wife they start breeding and go about their bussiness all under the guise that they are "Marriage" and have an ADE ORI.
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by whitelexi(m): 5:19pm On Mar 25, 2009
LadyT:

You are wrong is favours women who are so fedup with the crap they get from men they need a sperm donor. But due to culture and saving face they lay claim on being someones 15th wife they start breeding and go about their bussiness all under the guise that they are "Marriage" and have an ADE ORI.

If they're fed up and hate polygamy, why go into it in the first place. . . Why even save your face through that medium? Why not just remain single, or be a single parent?

It is a matter of choice. Some people will opt for it, others will not. tongue
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by hayoakins(m): 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2009
coming from such background, I WILL NEVER AND WILL DISOWN ANY OF CHILDREN WHO EVEN DARE TO THINK OF SUCH, the war in Iraq is nothing compare to that of a polygamous family, it brought me closer to God, cos if you are from such home and doesn't know God you must surely dine with the devil to breakthrough ,

if you really look at it, few percentage of people from the polygamous family succeed and the few are always a force to reckon with, ile orogun ile ogun, if i only i could rewrite my history.
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by whitelexi(m): 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2009
Go to Dubai for instance, and see how a polygamy is run with peace and joy. . . The entire family dines together, there is a very cordial relationship between the parents and kids. . . The men have peace of mind, there is enough to go round over and over again. I have friends, and i've seen things with my own eyes. . . If there is no greed, or jealousy. . . and there is more of love, respect, tolerance, and money. . . it works well grin
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by Jarus(m): 5:57pm On Mar 25, 2009
I'm from a polygamous family and we get on very well.
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by Ben13: 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2009
It's so in some part of Naija.
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by janedoe(f): 12:25am On Mar 26, 2009
Polygamy is for the not too jealous type as for me,don't think so,too jealous to share.
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by Sauron1: 1:06am On Mar 26, 2009
hayoakins:

Ladies, can you share your husband?
Guys: Do you ever think of marrying more than one wife?

I am considering it. . . . .
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by bluespice(f): 1:07am On Mar 26, 2009
its emotionally and physically demanding
a pointless waste of time, affection and resources
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by whitelexi(m): 9:35am On Mar 26, 2009
bluespice:

its emotionally and physically demanding
a pointless waste of time, affection and resources

Still u cannot eat your cake and have it tongue
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by 2wives: 12:39am On Mar 27, 2009
as a second wife i strongly disagree.

it is to complicated for some. however ask your selves something,
have you ever cheated on your loved one? or had someone do that in your family?
well all thats a hurtful type of polygamous relationship.

i love my husband and sister wife vary much. i have had just boyfriends and one husband and did not like it.
think of it this way. your husband gets up to go to work, theres still someone to talk to and hang out with. so whats so wrong with this?
and if you are thinking I'm just some back woods hick with no life i have to P.H.D's
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by tpiah: 5:24pm On May 11, 2009
Does anyone know why diehard traditionalists consider polygamy an integral part of African tradition?

Going back to ancient Roman times, polygamy still wasnt the norm even as far back as that. So why did Africans insist on sticking to polygamy as a way of life (along with refusing to create any form of indigenous documented history but that's another story)?

Is there more to this polygamic stuff than meets the eye? Is it due to the hardship of African life or just a way of controlling women as a means to an end?

Why do some men find monogamy so foreign to their natures? Religion aside.

And is polygamy an Arab influence since most of Africa is directly under the same?
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by ikamefa(f): 7:00pm On May 11, 2009
@ topic am seriously considering it oh**************  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

as long as am allowed to have up to 7 husbands and more  " grin "
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by hayoakins(m): 1:34pm On Jun 02, 2009

I'm from a polygamous family and we get on very well,

what percent of polygamous marriage are peaceful and successful?
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by whitelexi(m): 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2009
hayoakins:

I'm from a polygamous family and we get on very well,

what percent of polygamous marriage are peaceful and successful?

If u take that up as a research work and your sample population is a world-thing, i bet u that peaceful polygamy would have more percentage oh. . . It is only when u decide to sample naija alone that afraid will catch me small grin grin grin
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by luxoire(f): 2:40pm On Jun 02, 2009
if all parties like and understand each other and are willing to work together to make the home happy - then it will work

unfrtunately the hman nature tends to think of self-first and where this interest is threatened ppl change and these homes become breeding ground for all sorts

so i would advise a man who intends on being polygamous to start from scratch and tell his first wife that she may be one of many - make she sef enter wiv her eyes open - and let it not come as a surprose to her 5yrs into wedlock and you expect her to auto adjust form mono to poly cool cheesy chances are it won't happen cool
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by luxoire(f): 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2009
as for me i can't stand to share my boyfriend - talkless of husband - god forbid bad tin (shudders at the thought!!)
Re: What's Your View On Polygamous Relationship? by Oxone(m): 1:12am On Jun 03, 2009
Polygamy is utter rubbish angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Girl Which Of These Men Would You Prefer / What Would You Do If Your Girl Confessed To You That She Was A Lesbian! / Things You Should Never Forget In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.