Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,692 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B (10963 Views)

They Would Die Before They Would Arrest Me - Nnamdi Kanu Says (Video) / Nnamdi Kanu Says DNA Result Linking Igbos To Jews Is Positive (Video) / America Says Biafra and Nigeria Will Fight Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by Mckennedy: 11:42am On Aug 21, 2015
GentleToks:

Are we not saying the same thing?

How has this become an envy, jealousy for God sake?

You see the problem with you Igbos, everything is jealousy and envy when it's obvious that we are not competing on aanything.

You guys are your own problems.

I am quite surprised that nobody from your region has ever come up with a solution to the same problem you guys are facing all over the world; hate. How do you as people deal with the fact that wherever you go or find yourselves in large numbers, people naturally hate you.

The solution to your problem is to ask the same people the reason why they hate you so much; It's simple as that. Igbos' situation is like a wife in her husband house. The wife who always attribute every problems in her matrimonial home to the fact that her husband is jealousy of her successful career despite the fact that her husbsnd is doing better in his own career and sometimes accused her husband of insecurity due to her beauty. This is how Igbos are, they always assume on their own that South Africans, Yorubas, Fulanis, Hausas, Kanuris and Malaysians hate Igbos cos Igbos are successfully in their chosen area of endeavours forgetting the fact that the people they are accusing of jealousy and envy are pretty doing better than Igbos in all ramifications.

You migrated to these people nation due to their accomplishment in terms of regional/National development and growth. How many Igbos are migrating to Somalia, South Sudan, Eritrea to build these aforementioned countries with their citizens? If you go to these countries when they are ccompletely down and grow their economy with your business activities, that is when you could rub it on these people faces that you are part of the system that work towards what the country has become and achieved over the years of hard work. It becomes a problem when you migrate to developing nations/regions and start making unnecessary claims as to how you contribute to their success.

The problem with you guys is what you have just displayed here. I wrote what i heard from d horse-Kanu mouth and here was part of what he said and quote. "Biafra is our religion, I am not Catholic, Anglican or whatever you people believed in, my only religion is Biafra. Infact, Biafra is a religion and that is what we N'digbo believe in". How is this different from what i wrote up there.

The only reason why i brought the whole thing here is that i have never heard any Igbo calling or tagging Biafra as a religion.

so why worry "Biafra is our religion" are you a Biafran? if NO ,,, shut up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 21, 2015
uniklinkum:

So the wetie crisis made over zealous military officers majorly from your tribe kill other peoples leader sparing there own? Go find a cure to your hallucinations and seizures.

Parasitic ingrate, it's time you reevaluated your reasoning faculty and silly ways to see the extent of your cerebral palsy and blindness occasioned by the overdose pills of treacheery and tribalism you have taken from your bigotic forbears starting from Awolowo. 

Find the sources of my previous posts as quoted therein and gain some knowledge: 

* ‘Why We Struck’ - a book by  Adewale Ademoyega, a full blooded Yoruba army officer, who was deeply involved in the planning and execution of the January 1966 coup.

* Max Silloun (the military historian) landmark online article - ‘The inside story of Nigeria’s first military coup Parts 1 and 2

* 'Nigeria’s Five Majors’ - book by Ben Gbulie

* Major General Alexander Madiebo - excerpts from his interview with National Mirror
http://elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/13104-blame-gowon-and-awolowo-for-biafra-genocide-general-madiebo

* ‘Reluctant Rebel’ - a book by Captain Fola Oyewole, who went on to fight for Biafra just like Ademoyega 

* See the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108

* Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’ - where he mentioned ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry.

* Sanusi Lamido's writings, "Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. 

* Sanusi Lamido's writings/publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998)

* Sanusi Lamido's paper presented at the “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999.

* http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

Get the books and published papers and acquire some useful knowledge that can help you make informed decisions, and it will go a long way in restraining you and your lots from embarrassing your 'sophisticated' tribe in the public domain, in this age of information technology. 

Lagos (in South West) was the capital of Nigeria from 1914 up to 1991, until Abuja officially became Nigeria's capital on 12 December 1991. It was on 14 November 1991, the Presidency and other federal government functions were finally relocated to the new capital city of Abuja.

At the time of the coup, the Igbo by virtue of hardwork were dominant in Nigeria. About 70% of the officer corps of the Nigerian  army were Igbo, the federal civil service had a large Igbo retinue, the first indigenous permanent secretary  Mr Francis Nwokedi, the first president of the Nigerian stock exchange Sir Louis Ojukwu, the first indigenous general officer  commanding the Nigerian army General  Aguiyi  Ironsi,  the first indigenous Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan  professor Kenneth Onwuka Dike,  the  first Vice  Chancellor of the University of Lagos professor Eni Njoku, the second president of the Nigerian senate  Nwafor  Orizu, first governor General of Nigeria  Dr Nnamidi Azikiwe  amongst so many other top scale posts  in the public and private  sector were held by the  Igbo. Two of Nigeria’s four regions namely, the Midwest and Eastern region were controlled by Chief Dennis Osadebay and Dr Micheal Okpara both Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by T9ksy(m): 11:50am On Aug 21, 2015
Am in Luton and about a month ago i accidentally caught on to Radio biafra. I didn't really think i will get it but when i did i was hugely surprised at the hate messages the man was sprouting out, dissing every other tribes in the country but most especially the yorubas and the northerners. Needless to say, after about 5 minutes i had enough and switched off in disgust and pity. Soon after i came on Nl only to read ibos lionising kanu whilst some were even talking about ibos still remaining in the north or the west after kanu might have led them to the promised land. I laughed so hard, i nearly cracked a rib at the naivety of these latter-day biafrans.

Anyway, i sincerely hope kanu make good of his promise to actualise Biafra by the end of this year, 2015 and look forward to my region been emptied of the enemies within.But somehow i doubt it very much but unfortunately the harm, from all the hateful messages propagated by Radio Biafra, will have been done.

Lastly, my namesake, abeg lego dem! I have come to the ugly realisation that these guys are like the proverbial cheek, destined to get slapped in say, Kano but is somehow asleep in lagos. Trust me, the cheek will find a reason however du.mb, to get up from his deep slumber and find his way to Kano. It's destiny and it can't be changed. Recall how our late sage and many others warned them against their last futile escapade only for Ojukwu to retort that the man, old enough to be his father was talking, platitudes! However, when they eventually got that which they have been actively seeking for, they still find a way to blame awo and the others for their misfortune.

Biafrans, naff off if you want to but you ain't taking the golden goose with you. crafty lot. Anyway, i doubt if any minority group will go with biafra but if they do then they are OTO.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by uniklinkum(m): 12:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
xtrorse:

Truth is sorely bitter...

Loud-mouthed descendant of a fallen demon, apart from talking like parrots and embezzling public funds, what else are Yoruba people good at - ritual-killings, office charms, tribalism, nepotism, falsehood, noise-making and propaganda? 

Ingrate, to keep the records straight read this excerpt by one of your own - Waheed B. on HOW YORUBA TRADITIONAL RULERS CONNIVED WITH ABACHA TO ROB MKO ABIOLA OF HIS MANDATE:

Traditional rulers have lost the political authority that they hitherto enjoyed. They are now mere ceremonial rulers. Except for the semblance of royalty and obvious opulence associated with some of them, it is not out of place to say that some royal fathers have become obvious embarrassment to their subjects by desecrating their royal and ancestral stools...

The Yoruba have not forgotten in a hurry how some of their traditional rulers connived with the military junta to ensure that the annulment of June 12 election victory of late Chief MKO Abiola was not reversed. Some of them did not fare better, under the late General Sani Abacha, probably the most enigmatic and despotic ruler to have ever piloted the affairs of Nigeria. Under his reign, Nigeria was in political and military quagmire. Even his deputy at a time, Gen. Oladipo Diya, was caught in Abacha’s web of bestial conspiracy following his alleged involvement in a hoax coup.
Diya was on his way to the Golgota. To drum up support for his evil machination, Abacha needed the support of Yoruba monarchs to nail Diya’s coffin. Quite a number of them were invited to the seat of power to watch the video of how Diya knelt, cried and begged Abacha, who was the protagonist, in the theatre of absurdity, to spare his life. Diya, according to some Yoruba monarchs, was the obvious mastermind of the coup. It was a case of dog eating dog. Abacha achieved his sinister aim using some Yoruba monarchs...

Many years after that portentous Abacha era, Lagos monarch, Oba Riliwanu Akiolu, had revealed the role he played as a commissioner of police in the alleged bribery of some Yoruba monarchs by Abacha to frustrate the actualisation of the mandate given to Abiola... 

Is this not laughable coming from a bantu wandering loser, whose life was similar to that of the gathering and wandering tribe of the stone age. You losers are known worldwide for criminality and all evil vices knowned to mankind.

If you are not stupid and myopic, you would haven't downplay the role of the nadeco during that period. Have your cursed tribe ever fought for anything Nobel since the time of creation, where are your own ransome-kutis, fahwemin and soyinka.

If the Obas sold out how should that be my business and how are they different from other low lifes who you have in abundance in your side of the wood too.

Need I remind you the exploit of Arthur Nzeribe during the civil war? what about Daniel Kanu of the Abacha one million man watch, Ike Nwachukwu and others from your side.

Remove the big logs in your eyes before removing the speck in others eyes.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by Ojiofor: 12:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nnamdi Kanu want to have absolute political and religious control over his gullible followers.BTW Op na me report you for accusing Igbos of hate instead of Nnamdi kanu.
Stop holding others responsible for actions of another man.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by wexyee: 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
Mrbigman1:
Op I dey laff u wit side mouth.

U sound so bitter and I can feel d wave from another planet.

Never to worry, someday ur wishes will come through.

But one advise, igbos re not trouble makers, we dnt throw d first punch.

Kalu is a brave man, his speaking his mind and everyone knows his saying the truth maybe to u it's in an aggressive manner but Our people will be let gone sooner dan later.

As for killing, u never chi chomtin!

When d time comes, I pray anxiety would allow u re-writes this page.

Aturu a piri amu di ka gi.
u re an ediot
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
uniklinkum:

Is this not laughable coming from a bantu wandering loser, whose life was similar to that of the gathering and wandering tribe of the stone age. You losers are known worldwide for criminality and all evil vices knowned to mankind.

If you are not stupid and myopic, you would haven't downplay the role of the nadeco during that period. Have your cursed tribe ever fought for anything Nobel since the time of creation, where are your own ransome-kutis, fahwemin and soyinka.

If the Obas sold out how should that be my business and how are they different from other low lifes who you have in abundance in your side of the wood too.

Need I remind you the exploit of Arthur Nzeribe during the civil war? what about Daniel Kanu of the Abacha one million man watch, Ike Nwachukwu and others from your side.

Remove the big logs in your eyes before removing the speck in others eyes.

Disciple of hate and propaganda, to keep the record straight, let me remind you what your Odua Islamic Republic of Ritual-killers (OIRR) are known for:

1. Ritual killers, kidnappers, cannibals n human parts merchants
2. Fetish Juju charmers
3. Deadly cultists - Ogboni, Pyrates,  Eiye confra; Soyinka
4. Child kidnappers aka Gbomogbomo
5. Evil forest merchants of death
6. Barbaric Rapists 
7. Experts in Incestuous relations - Obj n d likes
8. Notorious armed robbers - Oyenusi, Godogodo
9. Central Bank used notes robbers
10. Treasury Looters - MKO AbiOLE, Grand Commander of Frustrated Robbers OLEsegun Obj, Thief-nubu, Fashole, ShOLEkan, Bode ROGUE, BankOLE, AkingbOLE, Jimoh Ibhm 
11. International Credit card scammers and Social Security (number) fraudsters  
12. Company wreckers aka pencil robbers 
13. Certificates forgers - Oluwole; Toronto, E bola Thief-nubu Ivy League University affidavit
14. International Terrorists - Adebolajo,  Adebowale (Woolwich attack) 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9DbRMIlQ5A

15. International drug peddlers - Thief-nubu, Buruji Kashamu
16. Political thugs aka politicians e.g. Gbajabiamila
17. Street urchins aka Area boys
18. Notorious Assassins n murderers - (cases: Bola Ige, Funso Williams)
19. Bloody Tribalists
20. Notorious propagandists
21. Political liars n History distortionists aka Yoruba lawyers n professors
22. Loud, foul-mouthed Noise makers
23. Coward coup plotters - Oladipo Diya, Abdulkarim Adisa 
24. Treacheerous Back-stabbers...

Over 95% of Nigerians in British prisons are Yorubas...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by GentleToks(m): 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
xtrorse:

Later Yoruba disciples of hate and propaganda would fabricate wicked lies and distort history portraying Igbos as being responsible for the collapse of the First Republic.
REMI FANI KAYODE, AKINTOLA, AWOLOWO, WESTERN REGION AND THE CRISIS THAT TRUNCATED THE FIRST REPUBLIC

These captains of the “tribalism industry” have good incentives to always omit the causes of the January 1966 coup preferring instead to dwell only on the coup itself. The reason  is simple;  It was  in their own  Western region  then known as the “wild wild west”  that  election rigging, thuggery, violence, arson, mass murders and other  forms of corruption and acts of lawlessness that occasioned the January 1966 coup  took place as pioneering acts in Nigeria.
[color=#000099]Soon after Nigeria got independence the Western region was in turmoil. Premier Ladoke Akintola and Chief Obafemi  Awolowo became embroiled in a protracted crisis. By 1962 the crisis led to sustained violence and acts of lawlessness with law makers engaged in vicious physical combats in the Western regional parliament. Amongst serious injuries and other damages, the mace of office was broken.  The federal government intervened to curb the lawlessness and violence by imposing a state of emergency and appointing Dr Moses Majekodunmi as interim premier of the Western region on the 29th of June 1962. This became the first imposition of a state of emergency in Nigeria’s history due to heightened levels of lawlessness. Following an alliance between Akintola and Ahmadu Bello, Ladoke Akintola was returned to power on the 31st of December 1962 in spite of protests by Dr Nnamidi Azikiwe who requested fresh elections rather than reinstating Ladoke Akintola...

Yorubas started June 12 trouble with their Odua Islamic Republic in mind and were expecting Igbos to fight their wars; Ralph Obioha and Bobo Nwosisi were the only people around your Field Marshall of Odua Kingdom,  AareOnaKakanfo MKO Abiola when he declared himself president-elect. The arrogant and cowardly tribe couldn't even protect him from being whisked away like a common thief. He was eventually slaughtered like a salah ram.

Why didn't you fight back when millions of your worthless Igbos were being slaughtered like goats on the streets in the North while the pogrom lasted? You couldn't even avenge the death of your useless brothers at your own back yard where there were many Hausa-Fulanis doing their business.

Igbos is the full definition of Cowardice. 300 Igbo military officers were handsomely slaughtered like rams they were in a single night but all you did was to wail like sissy. What a bunch of cowards!!!

Here comes civil war in which you low lifers lost millions of your good for nothing morons-Igbos but only for you to wail about not being fed by your enemies. Lmao!!!! What a shame!!!!

Cowards; your properties were seized in Portharcourt by your less populated neighbours and all you did till date was to wail. What a bunch of wailing cowards.

Why didn't you fight when Alex Ekwueme was whisked away and treated like a scumbag he is? Lmao!!!!

With all these facts available in their disposal, they ll be calling people who fought their Hausa-Fulanis masters to standstill from independence till 1999 cowards so as to feel good about their failures in every facet of life.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
GentleToks:

Why didn't you fight back when millions of your worthless Igbos are being slaughtered like goats? You couldn't even the avenge the death of your useless brothers at your own back yard where there were many Hausa-Fulanis doing their business.

Cowards; your properties were seized in Portharcourt by your less populated neighbours and all you did till date was to wail. What a bunch of wailing cowards.

Why didn't you fight when Alex Ekwueme was whisked away and treated like a scumbag he is? Lmao!!!!

An entire generation of Yoruba twats were lead to their watery graves at Onitsha in 1967. A Fulani islamist Murtala Mohamed led a 102 -vehicle convoy of Yoruba twats to their early graves at Abagana and he escaped with his useless legs blown apart, leaving him limping until he was finished off by Dimka in the street in 1976.

Benjamin Adekunle, the scorpion, ate his own excrement, begging Igbos to pay his medical bill to ease his pains until he chose death in 2014. The same Adekunle who mocked the pope, Red Cross, Caritas, world council of churches, UN etc,

A new generation of Ojukwu is now poised to kick your behind relentlessly and utterly. If you doubt it enter the streets of Lagos and test your capabilities putting you online reckless rantings to test and see if your entire generation will not go for it. This is no threat but a promise...

Bunch of greedy, parasitic ingrates whining, weeping and wailing in perpetuity on account of the unavoidable, impending doom!

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
T9ksy:
Am in Luton and about a month ago i accidentally caught on to Radio biafra. I didn't really think i will get it but when i did i was hugely surprised at the hate messages the man was sprouting out, dissing every other tribes in the country but most especially the yorubas and the northerners. Needless to say, after about 5 minutes i had enough and switched off in disgust and pity. Soon after i came on Nl only to read ibos lionising kanu whilst some were even talking about ibos still remaining in the north or the west after kanu might have led them to the promised land. I laughed so hard, i nearly cracked a rib at the naivety of these latter-day biafrans.

Anyway, i sincerely hope kanu make good of his promise to actualise Biafra by the end of this year, 2015 and look forward to my region been emptied of the enemies within.But somehow i doubt it very much but unfortunately the harm, from all the hateful messages propagated by Radio Biafra, will have been done.

Lastly, my namesake, abeg lego dem! I have come to the ugly realisation that these guys are like the proverbial cheek, destined to get slapped in say, Kano but is somehow asleep in lagos. Trust me, the cheek will find a reason however du.mb, to get up from his deep slumber and find his way to Kano. It's destiny and it can't be changed. Recall how our late sage and many others warned them against their last futile escapade only for Ojukwu to retort that the man, old enough to be his father was talking, platitudes! However, when they eventually got that which they have been actively seeking for, they still find a way to blame awo and the others for their misfortune.

Biafrans, naff off if you want to but you ain't taking the golden goose with you. crafty lot. Anyway, i doubt if any minority group will go with biafra but if they do then they are OTO.

"And let me tell you that in the event of the breakup of this country, Ilorin and Offa will remain 100 % Northern Nigeria and not one each of land will be ceded to yorubas".- Junaid Mohammed
http:// nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/69271-north-ready-nigeria-s-breakup-if-junaid-muhammed.html

Your Fulani slave master has spoken, Yoruba slaves can only cheer him, it's your destiny on earth.  grin grin

Hyperventilation of a frustrated, spoilt juvenile from Odua Islamic Republic of Ritual-killers!
If you think you are worth your salt go and reclaim Ilorin city from Fulani.

Bunch of parasitic ingrates and treasury-looters!

Child of propaganda and lies, read what the current Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has to tell you about your treacheerous Yoruba tribe!

YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA - By Sanusi Lamido 
In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.
   * The Yoruba elite and area-boy politics;
    * Igbo marginalisation and the responsible limits of retribution; and
    * The Yoruba Factor and "Area-boy" Politics.
My views on the Yoruba political leadership have been thoroughly articulated in some of my writings, prime among which was " Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. There was also an earlier publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998)...
Being Excerpts from A Paper Presented At The “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999.
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

Child of hatred who does not appreciate the good in other people, read what your brother, Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe, has for you:

Sincere9gerian:
** Igbos In Lagos State: My Experience, By Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe

Lagos State belongs as much to the ethnic Igbo as to the Yoruba, Ijaw, Hausa, Fulani, Efik, Idoma, Urhobo, Itshekiri, Edo, and so on who live in it, pay tax, identify with it, and settle in it. That compact was made the moment Nigeria became a single nation, and a successor power to the old principalities who were subdued and who ceded their sovereignty for the new commonwealth of Nigeria .
It was pragmatic. The Igbo had the skill and the industry, and Lagos was the seat of the Federal Government of Nigeria and its major port.

The Igbo have lived in Lagos since the 15th century when the Aro and other Igbo first settledin good number in a place we nowcall “Oyingbo” in the era of Benin and the Portuguese trade.

The arrival of Dr. Namdi Azikiwe to Lagos in 1937 from Accra after his studies in the United States, stimulated the political and cultural environment of Lagos as no other has before or after him. Zik literally resurrected the wizard of Kirsten hall from political death. Zik represented Lagos in the western house. The NCNC was the power in Lagos , and not the Action Group. The Igbo were prominent in the governance of Lagos in the Lagos City Hall.

The institutional development of Lagos – the railways, the ports andship yards; the education and research facilities; the Banking and Commodities Exchange, the development of towns like Yaba, Surulere, Ebutta-Metta, Festac Town, Victoria Island, and now increasing the Ajah-Lekki axis, and of course, the ghettoes along the Orile-Badagry axis, have profound Igbo imprimatur.

The circulation of the image of Lagos is to date best reflected in the cosmopolitan Igbo imagination of one of the greatest African writers of the 20th century, Cyprian Ekwensi, a thorough Lagosian if there was any. Igbo have built industries in Lagos and have been drivers of commerce and exchange.

Interestingly, I was born at plot number 8, Okoya Street , Idumagbo- Lagos, while the Ojukwu families were residing at number one to three on the same street. I grew up to know the father of Odumegwu Ojukwu. Chimbizie and Azuka grew up withus on the same street. Even the Chibeze small parking space at the end of Okoya Street is called Ojukwu. I later attended St. Patrick Primary School , Idumagbo, where I had very amiable classmates of Igbo origin in the persons of Azubike Ezenwa and Damian, Ihekuna, both now professors and doctors of today. They were brilliant, resourceful and friendly.

When we were playing bamboo and Tene Felele at Orikoriko at Onola playing ground, the Igbo participated actively. In the area of sports, school football and athletes, Igbo were dominant at Kings College, St. Gregory school, St. Finbars, Akoka, Igbobi College and Ahmadiyya College, Agege. Such boys, Njokwu, George Amu, Stephen Keshi, Henry Nwosu, Patrick Noquapor, Peter Anieke and Sammy Opone were dominant on the field of football, while Asiodu, Empire Kanu were prominent on the field of athletics.

Anytime we went to watch football match at Onikan stadium, my darling team, Stationery Stores and our adversary team I hated most was the E. C. N, where the centre forward, Paul Hamilton, the National Team, Fabian the captain who bit the dust. Our greatest captain was Duru, Oduah Onyenrekwa, Onyeador Onyeali and Opel, the greatest outside right Nigeria ever had, Cyril Azuluka.

So, during my early life at primary school, the Igbo were always there and delightful to watch, both in athletes and on the football field.

When I listened to radio at that time, both the commentary and drama series, the Igbo were there for you. The likes of Chris Ndaguba, Ernest Okwonkwo, Ralph Okpara ‘Alawo Sekiseki the traveler’. The episode will end with – The script was written by Ralph Okpara and edited by Yemi Lijadu.

Anytime I visited where I was born today in Idumagbo at Lagos Island, the entire place is covered by Igbo traders in their thousands. They were never troublesome but decent and accommodating. They have virtually taken over all properties of the indigenes. They succeeded in developing all our properties, married to most of our children even from the royal families. There is no single house you will visit without an Igbo man selling wares there.

So, who is saying something else? Only the strangers in our midst will not notice participation of economic development in our state by the Igbos. Most houses and shops in Lagos Island have been purchased, developed and occupied by the Igbos. The value of their investments in Lagos Island alone is in trillions of naira.

Instead of deporting the Igbos, whose contributions to the development of Lagos state are immensurable, you must keep on praising and encouraging them to keep on developing Lagos State.

•Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe is a former Nigerian minister for Works and Housing.

http://premiumtimesng.com/opinion/143249-igbos-in-lagos-state-my-experience-by-senator-adeseye-ogunlewe.html

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by GentleToks(m): 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
T9ksy:

I was just playing around with my phone yesterday when i came across a particular App which homes number of Nigeria radio stations.

I scrolled down and i saw Yoruba, Hausa-Fulanis radio and Biafr station. I listened to all but only Biafra preaching violence and killing. I was shocked to hear all this and i asked myself why are Igbos keeping quiet over this.

I now remember all the books i have read about how these morons tormented Northerners in 50s which resulted to the Pogrom.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
GentleToks:

I was just playing around with my phone yesterday when i came across a particular App which homes number of Nigeria radio stations.

I scrolled down and i saw Yoruba, Hausa-Fulanis radio and Biafr station. I listened to all but only Biafra preaching violence and killing. I was shocked to hear all this and i asked myself why are Igbos keeping quiet over this.

I now remember all the books i have read about how these morons tormented Northerners in 50s which resulted to the Pogrom.

Obafemi Awolowo who entrenched tribalism and nepotism into Nigerian polity; the specialist in treacheerous backstabbing; the proponent of the bloody 1964-66 'Wild Wild West'; the  treason-prisoner; the one alongside his tribesmen wrecked many Nigerian companies and later committed suicide and died in a miserable way... 

Lying propagandist from Odua Islamic Republic of Ritual-killers who have made careers out of lies, falsehood, abuse and slurs!

No matter how hard you try to cover up and silence the truth, truth is stubborn and she cannot be drowned. She is like a pack of straws that are held together and pinned down by a strong hand at the bottom of a river so that she would not be seen or heard. Yet one day, IN THE FULLNESS OF TIME, that strong hand that seeks to suppress her forever will wither and at that point Truth will happily float to the surface of the water where she will be seen and heard by all. Same way, IN THE FULLNESS OF TIME, the pernicious and perfidious verdict...that the powers that be have claimed and boasted....will be exposed for what they are...  

"The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future
- Sir Ahmadu Bello, October 12,  1960

damosthottest:
THIS WILL SHOCK MANY, A MASTERPIECE WRITTEN BY A NIGER DELTAN FROM URHOBO:

Thank God this is coming from a Deltan, which will also shock many who thinks that Igbos and Niger Deltans are not United, as they have tried to Divide us by State and Geo-political zones - Chike Michael.

Ena Ofugara from Urhobo wrote:

More On How A People Have Thrived in Adversity.
Four years into independence, three years before civil war, see how Nigeria was treating IGBOS
Now for you who may not understand why Igbos tried to leave the union, listen to parliamentarians.... Law makers in 1964 and tell me if it is your tribe you will not be like Ojukwu. Why would you want to be in a country where people treat you like this? Read for yourselves.
"Northern House Of Assembly Proceedings, February-March 1964
Below is an extract from the proceedings of the Northern Region House of Assembly between February and March 1964, less than four years after Nigeria’s independence from the British. I have nothing to add.

Read and judge for yourself:
Mallam Muhammadu Mustapha Mande Gyan:
On the allocation of plots to Ibos or allocation of stalls, I would like to advise the Minister that these people know how to make money, and we do not know the way and manner of getting about this business. We do not want Ibos to be allocated with plots. I do not want them to be given plots...

Mallam Bashari Umaru:
I would like (you), as a Minister of Land and Survey, to revoke forthwith all Certificates of Occupancy from the hands of the Ibos resident in the Region... (Applause).

Mr. A. A. Agogede:
I’m very glad that we are in a Moslem country, and the government of Northern Nigeria allowed some few Christians in the region to enjoy themselves according to the belief of their religion, but building of hotels should be taken away from the Igbos, and even if we find some Christians who are interested in building hotels and do not have money to do so, the government should aid them, instead of allowing Ibos to continue with their hotels.

Dr. Iya Abubakar (Special Member, Lecturer, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria):
I am one of the strong believers in Nigerian unity, and I have hoped for our having a united Nigeria, but certainly if the present state of affairs continues, I hope the government will investigate first the desirability and secondly the possibility of extending Northernisation policy to the petty traders. (Applause).

Mallam Mukhtar Bello:
I would like to say something very important, that the Minister should take my appeal to the Federal Government about the Igbos in the post office. I wish the numbers of these Igbos be reduced…. There are too many of them in the North. They are like sardines and 1 think they are just too dangerous to the Region.

Mallam Ibrahim Musa:
Mr. Chairman, Sir. Well first and foremost, what I have to say before this Hon. House is that we should send a delegation to meet our Hon. Premier to move a motion in this very Budget Session that all the Ibos working in the Civil Service of Northern Nigeria, including the native authorities, whether they are contractors or not, should be repatriated at once...

Mallam Bashari Umaru:
There should be no contracts either from the government, native authorities, or private enterprises given to Ibo contractors (Government Bench: Good talk and shouts of “Fire the Southerners”). Again, Mr. Chairman, the foreign firms too should be given time limit to replace all Ibo in their firms by some other people.

The Premier (Alhaji the Hon. Sir Ahmadu Bello, K.B.E., Sardauna of Sokoto):
It is my most earnest desire that every post in the region, however small it is, be filled by a Northerner (Applause)

Alhaji Usman Liman:
What brought the Ibos into this region? They were here since the colonial days. Had it not been for the colonial rule, there would hardly have been any Ibo in this region. Now that there is no colonial rule, the Ibos should go back to their region. There should be no hesitation about the matter.
Mr. Chairman, North is for Northerners, East for Easterners, West for Westerners, and the Federation is for us all. (Applause)

The Minister of Land and Survey (Alhaji the Hon. Ibrahim Musa Cashash, O.B.E.):
Mr. Chairman. Sir, I do not like to take up much of the time of this House in making explanations, but I would like to assure members that having heard their demands about Ibos holding land in Northern Nigeria, my ministry will do all it can to see that the demands of members are met. How to do this, when to do it, al1 these should not be disclosed. In due course, you will all see what will happen. (Applause).
Culled from M. O. Onyenakeya, Igbos in Nigerian Politics, pp.30-32

https://m./426888550813216?view=permalink&id=466671230168281

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by GentleToks(m): 1:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
xtrorse:

An entire generation of Yoruba twats were lead to their watery graves at Onitsha in 1967. A Fulani islamist Murtala Mohamed led a 102 -vehicle convoy of Yoruba twats to their early graves at Abagana and he escaped with his useless legs blown apart, leaving him limping until he was finished off by Dimka in the street in 1976.

Benjamin Adekunle, the scorpion, ate his own excrement, begging Igbos to pay his medical bill to ease his pains until he chose death in 2014. The same Adekunle who mocked the pope, Red Cross, Caritas, world council of churches, UN etc,

A new generation of Ojukwu is now poised to kick your behind relentlessly and utterly. If you doubt it enter the streets of Lagos and test your capabilities putting you online reckless rantings to test and see if your entire generation will not go for it. This is no threat but a promise...

Bunch of greedy, parasitic ingrates whining, weeping and wailing in perpetuity on account of the unavoidable, impending doom!

Why didn't you bring your madness to the streets of Lagos couple of months ago when Yorubas were carrying placards telling you immigrants to leave their nation?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
GentleToks:

Why didn't you bring your madness to the streets of Lagos couple of months ago when Yorubas were carrying placards telling you immigrants to leave their nation?

Rants of ants!

That moment when the sleepy lion wakes to clear his throat, the barking dog begins to run for his dear life. 
That awkward moment when shouting mouth jams moving action, mouth becomes dumb. That time is here with us...

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by Duru1(m): 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
T9ksy:
Am in Luton and about a month ago i accidentally caught on to Radio biafra.[b] I didn't really think i will get it but when i did i was hugely surprised at the hate messages the man was sprouting out, dissing every other tribes in the country but most especially the yorubas and the northerners. [/b]Needless to say, after about 5 minutes i had enough and switched off in disgust and pity. Soon after i came on Nl only to read ibos lionising kanu whilst some were even talking about ibos still remaining in the north or the west after kanu might have led them to the promised land. I laughed so hard, i nearly cracked a rib at the naivety of these latter-day biafrans.

Were you expecting him to sing praises about sworn enemies who fought and thought they had wiped Ndiigbo off the surface of the earth? Only a jackass swimming in the sea of delusion does not understand that the zoo called Nigeria is a practical joke.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by Duru1(m): 1:54pm On Aug 21, 2015
GentleToks:

Per the bolded the only mor.on in this discourse is you, sir. Biafrans fought a war to remain out of the cesspit called Nigeria yet few dingbats think that Nigeria has what it takes to make them forget about Biafra. I am annoyed because Radio Biafra is only preaching violence unlike Boro Haram that is acting out repeated violent acts.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by SOUNDKING: 2:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
GentleToks:

Unfortunately, I am not a Northerners. I am a full blooded Yoruba man who is trying to draw the attention of Igbos to what is being said on Radio Biafra while other Igbos are keeping quiet until all these war - calling utterances get out of hand.

I want to implore you to take bigotry out of this and be a good listener rather than throwing insults and vituperation against Northerners all over the place. Historically, it may interest you to know that Igbos started it all. How? That is the question i expected from you as a reasonable person.

Please, take note of this "To every action, there must be a reaction". You can't continue to disrespect a man and expect the same man to respect you back. That is what life is all about but this seems to be different from Igbos.

Have you noticed as an Igbo man that Igbos always picked on reactions instead of actions? Focusing on reactions would lead you to no where but more reactions which is dangerous.

Prior to pogrom or any war between Igbos and Northerners, Northerners welcomed Yorubas and Igbos into their midst and work without issues but as soon as Igbos started establishing themselves outside federal jobs; as business men, they started tormenting the Northerners with all sort of unprinted names. Igbos were calling them illiterates to their faces and this got out of hands. All these utterances led to pogrom.

Shockingly, I wonder why no single Igbo man has been able to find or ask their forefathers "How come the same Northerner who welcomes us into their midst suddenly changed towards us?

The day Igbos ask this above question from themselves, the new Nigeria ll be given birth to.

However, if war break out today, who ll pay the price? Igbos of course.
when you people talk about war and how Igbos will pay the price again,it makes me know that wisdom is far from you,your fathers didn't tell you the truth about the first war.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by 7lives: 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
xtrorse:

Rants of ants!

That moment when the sleepy lion wakes to clear his throat, the barking dog begins to run for his dear life. 
That awkward moment when shouting mouth jams moving action, mouth becomes dumb. That time is here with us...

Now that you are sure its an ordinary rant, why not step out to show the stuff you are made of grin grin grin. grin grin grin
I saw how your folks were running away from one small masquerade yesterday, is this how you guys want to show us the so called " pepper? ".
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by nochildsplay(m): 3:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
BIAFRA movement is the Igbo version of the BOKO HARAM movement

Imagine one Goat asking his fellow tribe to go out and kill and be killed
Does he think he's gonna make heaven himself with all the mayhem he's preaching. #notjudgingo
If Igbo want to go GO!!!

No time Abeg .........#MoneyMustBeMade
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by nochildsplay(m): 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
SOUNDKING:
when you people talk about war and how Igbos will pay the price again,it makes me know that wisdom is far from you,your fathers didn't tell you the truth about the first war.
what truth ?
All we can see in this biafra thing is that your Igbo brothers want war and blood shed. Making uneccessary noise all over the media

If Igbo want to go. GO!!!

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by wisdomguy4u(m): 3:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
GentleToks:

Why didn't you fight back when millions of your worthless Igbos were being slaughtered like goats on the streets in the North while the pogrom lasted? You couldn't even avenge the death of your useless brothers at your own back yard where there were many Hausa-Fulanis doing their business.

Igbos is the full definition of Cowardice. 300 Igbo military officers were handsomely slaughtered like rams they were in a single night but all you did was to wail like sissy. What a bunch of cowards!!!

Here comes civil war in which you low lifers lost millions of your good for nothing morons-Igbos but only for you to wail about not being fed by your enemies. Lmao!!!! What a shame!!!!

With all these facts available in their disposal, they ll be calling people who fought their Hausa-Fulanis masters to standstill from independence till 1999 cowards so as to feel good about their failures in every facet of life.

This is what I call a typical hate speech. Nnamdi kanu is still a learner in hate speech to compare with you. The only different is that Nnamdi kanu is brave enough to come out in public and show his face , while you cowardly hide behind a moniker in a faceless social network to rant your hate. Tell us your real name and upload your real pix, that when we will take you serious. Nnamdi kanu did it, and that's he is taken serious.

Waiting for you to upload ur real pic and your real name. Pls do that ASAP k

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by nochildsplay(m): 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
Duru1:

Were you expecting him to sing praises about sworn enemies who fought and thought they had wiped Ndiigbo off the surface of the earth? Only a jackass swimming in the sea of delusion does not understand that the zoo called Nigeria is a practical joke.
guy make we hear word.
If Igbo pipu feels special and wants to distinguish themselves from the zoo, then GO!!! Nobody need to die for ur independent

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by nochildsplay(m): 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
Mckennedy:

so why worry "Biafra is our religion" are you a Biafran? if NO ,,, shut up.
another Ewu that's stubborn .....
BiaReligion. Hahhaha. You people are so aggressive and always feels people around you hate you. #admit it
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by nochildsplay(m): 3:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

This is what I call a typical hate speech. Nnamdi kanu is still a learner in hate speech to compare with you. The only different is that Nnamdi kanu is brave enough to come out in public and show his face , while you cowardly hide behind a moniker in a faceless social network to rant your hate. Tell us your real name and upload your real pix, that when we will take you serious. Nnamdi kanu did it, and that's he is taken serious.

sharrap dia Ewu !!! Very soon ur Kanu will call himself a Prophet of Biafra. He has already said Biafra is a Religion.

Igbo version of BokoHaram that's what Biafra is
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by Mckennedy: 3:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
nochildsplay:
another Ewu that's stubborn .....
BiaReligion. Hahhaha. You people are so aggressive and always feels people around you hate you. #admit it

Corn head your hate mean nothing to us knowing the fact that we will do much better without leaches.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by nochildsplay(m): 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2015
Mrbigman1:
Op I dey laff u wit side mouth.

U sound so bitter and I can feel d wave from another planet.

Never to worry, someday ur wishes will come through.

But one advise, igbos re not trouble makers, we dnt throw d first punch.

Kalu is a brave man, his speaking his mind and everyone knows his saying the truth maybe to u it's in an aggressive manner but Our people will be let gone sooner dan later.

As for killing, u never chi chomtin!

When d time comes, I pray anxiety would allow u re-writes this page.

Aturu a piri amu di ka gi.
another Ewu .......... So after all his bravery and end up dying at war front , what next ?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by nochildsplay(m): 3:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
Mckennedy:

Corn head your hate mean nothing to us knowing the fact that we will do much better without leaches.
no one is against your tribe doing better. What we are saying is call Mr whatever Kanu the blood seeker that Igbos are ready to leave the zoo alone for Nigerians, abii person hold una ?

We can't wait for the day Igbos leave 9ja #beleiveme. Especially Lagos state
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by vega84(m): 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
As if other tribes hav nt been shouting hate speech against the igbos over the yrs. U are a big fool ooo #vegatalks

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by vega84(m): 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
nochildsplay:
no one is against your tribe doing better. What we are saying is call Mr whatever Kanu the blood seeker that Igbos are ready to leave the zoo alone for Nigerians, abii person hold una ?

We can't wait for the day Igbos leave 9ja #beleiveme. Especially Lagos state
so u can take over their houses abi? Foolish lazy tin. #vegatalks

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
7lives:

Now that you are sure its an ordinary rant, why not step out to show the stuff you are made of grin grin grin. grin grin grin
I saw how your folks were running away from one small masquerade yesterday, is this how you guys want to show us the so called " pepper? ".

“Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can't get away with screwing people over your whole life, I don't care who you are. What goes around comes around. That's how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve.” - Jessica Brod

The wicked seed of bitterness, hatred, treacheery, tribalism and nepotism your forebears planted in you have yielded bountiful harvest! Just at the mere mention of Biaf...you and your Yoruba tribe would shout, cry, weep, wail, yell, curse and make much noise on every available media with thick mucous dripping down your smelly noses as if your life sustenance is being taken away! You aren't seen nothing yet...more misery awaits you and your supporters. If you doubt it and you still think you can retrieve Ilorin city from your Fulani slave master, enter the streets of Lagos and prove yourselves. Just this once...

Bunch of greedy, parasitic cowards!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
nochildsplay:
BIAFRA movement is the Igbo version of the BOKO HARAM movement

Imagine one Goat asking his fellow tribe to go out and kill and be killed
Does he think he's gonna make heaven himself with all the mayhem he's preaching. #notjudgingo
If Igbo want to go GO!!!

No time Abeg .........#MoneyMustBeMade

Misery of a Melancholic Masturbating Masturbator - a frustrated descendant of a fallen demon, weeping and wailing in perpetuity on account of the unavoidable, impending doom!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B by Tkester: 4:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

My brother one million gbozas for you!
Giving yaribASS sleepless nights since 1960!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki, Ngwuta, Others May Forfeit Undeclared Assets / Why People's Trust Olawepo Hashim Trended On Twitter Yesterday / Top Memorable Quotes Of Robert Mugabe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.