Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,686 members, 7,823,934 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS (7713 Views)

Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement / "Ibrahim Danmaziri Murtala Hired Thugs To Attack A Blogger" - Facebook User / Nigeria Doesnt Have Many "World Class" Facilities But We Do Have Many New Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:32am On Aug 23, 2015
Reski:
They have the greatest millitary in the middle east and yet they were thrashed by a handfull hezbollah guerilla's in the 2006 Lebanon war.
You call a millitary that goes about bombing and shooting at stone throwing boys and women and children in gaza. Then I guess you need to wait until they actually perform in a real war before you call them great again.

You mean like their humiliation of other Arab countries in the 6-day War or Yom Kippur War and the UN had to beg Israel to return the lands it conquered? Hezbollah are guerilla terrorists. Israel's failures against them are no reflection of weakness. It's like claiming the US or the Soviets were weak because they failed in Vietnam and Afghanistan.

5 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by blaqoracle: 11:34am On Aug 23, 2015
Obi1kenobi:

What is "suicidal" about Israel attacking Iran? An invasion of Iran is suicidal and impossible, because Iran is a far bigger country than Israel. Surgical air strikes are very feasible and there's not a damn thing Iran would be able to do about it. What will make Tel Aviv to be "gone". I've got no love for Israel, but they have by far the greatest military in the Middle East.
you too dey watch Igbo drama. The last war that Israel fought with tiny hesbollah, Israel lost the war. Possibly, you think Iran is on the same scale as Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Missy89(f): 11:37am On Aug 23, 2015
Obi1kenobi:

The Turks do have a good military built up in their fear of Soviet influence, but I wasn't thinking of them as a Middle East country even though they are. Bit like how Russia is mostly in Asia, but is seen as European. I would still insist Iran can't do jack shit - just like Iraq when Israel bombed their nuclear program.

You should insist with operational facts not tales of old battles. As it stands. It will never happen. Iraq is not Iran

4 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 23, 2015
I don't think either of them wants the madness, you can imagine how many countries will be caught in between.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:45am On Aug 23, 2015
All of you that keep mentioning Hezbollah are clutching at straws. A war against evasive guerillas and terrorists and a war against a conventional army are very different. Russia could easily crush a big country like Ukraine but it would struggle against rebels in Chechnya. The strategies are just very different.

7 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 23, 2015
I don't think Israel really want to attack Iran. I think it is all posturing to extract more concession from the USA and to force the Americans to put more pressure on the Iranians. Why do i say this? The manner they have been shouting all over the place about attacking Iran is suspicious. the Israelis do not normally announce an attack before it happen. They didn't shout at the rooftop before they attacked Iraq nuclear reactor, the same with their attack on Syria. so why all this propaganda now?
I think they realise that Iran is militarily stronger than the countries they have attacked in the past and are scared of the consequences otherwise, judging by past record, the Israelis do not resort to high drama before launching attack.

it does not even make military sense to announce before attack, because the element of surprise, which is very important is lost thereby.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 23, 2015
Obi1kenobi:
All of you that keep mentioning Hezbollah are clutching at straws. A war against evasive guerillas and terrorists and a war against a conventional army are very different. Russia could easily crush a big country like Ukraine but it would struggle against rebels in Chechnya. The strategies are just very different.
Hizbollah is most advance military not own by a country with thousand of operatives ready all over the world.
the have capabilities that some Countries dont
Obiagelli Missy89
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Missy89(f): 11:51am On Aug 23, 2015
Obi1kenobi:

So Lets see.

According to you logic, fighting rebels is more difficult (True). So that means should Israel attack Iran, and Iran Unleash her proxies in Israel's periphery,(evasive guerrillas) Israel will struggle or loose yet again. Correct?

Israel's military doctrine is preemptive. What are they waiting for since 2002 when Iran's program has been public knowledge? They didn't wait this long to take out Syria and Iraq when they had reactors. Bibi has been showing power points and placards to UN since 1422

3 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:51am On Aug 23, 2015
Missy89:

You should insist with operational facts not tales of old battles. As it stands. It will never happen. Iraq is not Iran
Which operational facts? Do you think any of what we're blabbering about here is "operational fact"? Are any of us here generals or intelligence chiefs or defence ministers in Israel or Iran?

Iran is like Iraq. They are 2 stalemated regional powers who checkmated each others influence. Iraq was actually a better armed country while Iran had a larger army. Iran's influence has only risen since the US invasion of Iraq created a power vaccum that Iran is filling.

4 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 23, 2015
IbnSultaan:

Russia is delivering s300 to them
the Iranians have a buoyant defence industry in fact just yesterday the launch a Missile with great capability

The Iranians had already rejected the Antey-2500 AKA S-300VM. They are still pushing for the S-300.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 23, 2015
Omololu007:
you mean they can't iran without the U.S backing them?

I mean, an attack on Iran without the backing of the U.S would spell doom for Israel.

Iran is no push over, they are the most technologically advanced country in the middle-east behind Turkey and Israel. Now this is an Iran under sanctions.

3 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:57am On Aug 23, 2015
Missy89:

So Lets see.

According to you logic, fighting rebels is more difficult (True). So that means should Israel attack Iran, and Iran Unleash her proxies in Israel's periphery,(evasive guerrillas) Israel will struggle or loose yet again. Correct?
The problem is they can'tget those guerillas into Israeli territory. All they can do is send more rockets to Hamas and Hezbollah, which is just a minor irritant to Israel, rather than a major security threat which Israel sometimes overreacts to. Israel has brazenly murdered several Iranian nuclear scientists and Iran have done little other than keep sending rockets.

2 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 23, 2015
DONBROTHER1:
for those of u saying that without the US backing the israeli can't face iran, i beg u that u go and read about the israel 6 days war with egypt, syria and jordan and how they are defeated by israel under six days.

Israel had overwhelming U.S support both in the Six Day and Yum kippur war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Missy89(f): 11:58am On Aug 23, 2015
Obi1kenobi:

Which operational facts? Do you think any of what we're blabbering about here is "operational fact"? Are any of us here generals or intelligence chiefs or defence ministers in Israel or Iran?

Iran is like Iraq. They are 2 stalemated regional powers who checkmated each others influence. Iraq was actually a better armed country while Iran had a larger army. Iran's influence has only risen since the US invasion of Iraq created a power vaccum that Iran is filling.

You dont need to be a general to know what you are talking about. What stealthy planes do you think Israel will bomb The facilities with by the way? and how will they get back to their base? where will they refuel? which countries in between will give them the airspace? How will Iran react?

Do you really need to be a general to answer those questions? or do you think generals are magicians? How do you know Russia can defeat Ukraine? are you a general? dont contradict yourself

3 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 23, 2015
Omololu007:
then what is stopping them(isreal) from attacking iran?
My friend, did you read the article? If yes, then try to assimilate it
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
IbnSultaan:

Hizbollah is most advance military not own by a country with thousand of operatives ready all over the world.
the have capabilities that some Countries dont
Obiagelli Missy89
Hezbollah actually dominates the distance between Israel and iran, I know of their strengths in number but I can vouch for their capabilities. Anyone still wonder why the Syrian rebels with the backing of the west haven't brought down the regime? =Hezbollah
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
Henry120:

The Iranians had already rejected the Antey-2500 AKA S-300VM. They are still pushing for the S-300.
Iran. I will Nigeria to collaborate with them in avionics drone tech n missile tech

1 Like

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
blaqoracle:
you too dey watch Igbo drama. The last war that Israel fought with tiny hesbollah, Israel lost the war. Possibly, you think Iran is on the same scale as Nigeria.

He actually believes Iran is on the same scale as Nigeria, that's really unfortunate!

3 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Missy89(f): 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obi1kenobi:

The problem is they can'tget those guerillas into Israeli territory. All they can do is send more rockets to Hamas and Hezbollah, which is just a minor irritant to Israel, rather than a major security threat which Israel sometimes overreacts to. Israel has brazenly murdered several Iranian nuclear scientists and Iran have done little other than keep sending rockets.

But the guerrillas are ALREADY THERE on Israeli territory under their feet in Palestine and some are just waiting on the border up north in Lebanon and down south in Egypt. So you think if Israel bombs Iran, Iran will not use ballistic missiles? (not hamas rockets).

3 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

Hezbollah actually dominates the distance between Israel and iran, I know of their strengths in number but I can vouch for their capabilities. Anyone still wonder why the Syrian rebels with the backing of the west haven't brought down the regime? =Hezbollah
Am still amaze by their military know how n intelligence capability with out them lebanon , Syria, Hama's are gone
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Missy89(f): 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
Henry120:

Israel had overwhelming U.S support both in the Six Day and Yum kippur war.

And threatened to nuke Syria when the war was almost lost.

2 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
Henry120:

They are most likely going to seal the deal next week

www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/08/21/425775/Russia-Iran-S300-missile-defense-system-Putin-
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
IbnSultaan:

Am still amaze by their military know how n intelligence capability with out them lebanon , Syria, Hama's are gone
fact.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
IbnSultaan:

Iran. I will Nigeria to collaborate with them in avionics drone tech n missile tech

There are areas were Nigeria can corporate with Iran, Avionics is surely not one of them, neither is drone tech. Drone tech is something we can collaborate with the South-Africans on.

However in the area of Short-range air defence systems, the Iranians have developed some pretty impressive tech/guns. The Iranian Mesbah-1 Air-defence cannon is the first system that comes to mind.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by jemir000: 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
Rilwayne001:
IRAN, no doubt, with her millitary capacity is unstoppable.

haaaaaaa..dreams
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
Henry120:

There are areas were Nigeria can corporate with Iran, Avionics is surely not one of them, neither is drone tech. Drone tech is something we can collaborate with the South-Africans on.

However in the area of Short-range air defence systems, the Iranians have developed some pretty impressive tech/guns. The Iranian Mesbah-1 Air-defence cannon is the first system that comes to mind.
http://www.businessinsider.com/iran-unveils-new-advanced-longer-range-ballistic-missile-2015-8
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
Missy89:

But the guerrillas are ALREADY THERE on Israeli territory under their feet in Palestine and some are just waiting on the border up north in Lebanon and down south in Egypt. So you think if Israel bombs Iran, Iran will not use its ballistics missiles? (not hamas rockets).

Which guerillas are there? They were stored in a fridge, abi? Now you're spinning fantasy tales. What were the frozen trojans doing when Israel went on an or.gy of assasinations of Iranian nuclear scientists? And why the hell would Iran send its crude missiles into a country with a tripod air, submarine and land-based delivery of nuclear warheads and advanced guided conventional missiles of its own. I really don't think many of you are thinking this through. There are diplomatic/political reasons for Israel not bombing Iran - especially with Israels allies prevailing on Israel and attempting to avoid another Iraq and more Middle East crises. It has nothing - absolutely nothing - to do with Israel's incapability. It's very hip for everyone to hate Israel, but I wouldn,'t delude myself into underestimating their considerable capabilities.

4 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obi1kenobi:

Go and ask the Israelis how Hezbollah were shredding their tanks with Iranian made RAAD missle
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2015
Missy89:

You dont need to be a general to know what you are talking about. What stealthy planes do you think Israel will bomb The facilities with by the way? and how will they get back to their base? where will they refuel? which countries in between will give them the airspace? How will Iran react?

Do you really need to be a general to answer those questions? or do you think generals are magicians? How do you know Russia can defeat Ukraine? are you a general? dont contradict yourself
Israel can bomb Libya further away, but you think the logistics of bombing Iran are insurmountable? What do you think is the range of Israeli/American jets? Is it China or Australia or Canada that they're going to bomb? I'm no general. Everything we're saying here is empty noise based on our perception. And my perception of the strength of Israel and Iran is clearly different to yours.

5 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Shegofams(m): 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2015
IbnSultaan:

yea only the us can support her with enough air tankers or if Saudis allow isreal use their airspace

Do you think Saudi will allow Isreal use their airspace?
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Armaggedon: 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
Henry120:

Your post really is poorly informed/resourced, and isn't worth responding to.
argue with facts and stop throwing tantrums.
perhaps it is "poorly sourced" because you have not fact to counter it.

2 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Vicotex(m): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
I hate blind arguments, like the ones posted on this page.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/IranvIsrael.php#axzz3jdcUcy4r

The link above contains some facts you need to know about Iran vs Israel.

Read and be bless.

I need interpretation for that pics above

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Name His Goat Jonathan. See pic. / Aisha Buhari Launches Training Programme For 200 Women In Kastina / You'll Never Kill Rat Again After Seeing This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.