Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS (7714 Views)

Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement / "Ibrahim Danmaziri Murtala Hired Thugs To Attack A Blogger" - Facebook User / Nigeria Doesnt Have Many "World Class" Facilities But We Do Have Many New Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by DaBullIT(m): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
Reski:
What do you mean by enlightened nation. If you refer to isreal as enlightened then am sure your understanding of the political situation in the middle east is shallow and unsophisticated.
For a nation that claims it is a God chosen country therefore it has the right to grab the ancestral lands of other people based on some fictious promise in a scripture is not just babaric but silly and uninformed.
Isreal is the greatest threat to world peace and as such cannot and should never be called enlightened.

If you don't understand people , don't quote them ok ??

What my comment basically means that despite having power , technology , nuclear weapons , and gadgets out of this world , Israel chose not to go into war or attack Iran

Whereas , the iranian president said on live tv that he wants to and he will annihilate Israel , If Iran had nuclear weapons they wouldn't be able to control themselves and No Israel did not just claim God's chosen, they are god's chosen and they did not steal anybody's ancestral land they fought for it , they earned it

1 Like

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by musicwriter(m): 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2015
In 2010, the Israeli leadership wanted an attack but the military said it did not have "operational capability," said Barak.

Above is exactly what I argued on a thread few days ago, but one guy was all over the place talking what he don't know about US-Israeli military pact.

Isael = USA. They really have no military might as exaggerated without the US. Remove US from the equation and Iran alone will give them a run for their money. Israel will NEVER attack Iran or any other nation without US approval.

1 Like

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by DaBullIT(m): 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

Name one country Iran has invaded in the last century and I will give 30 from your enlightened Nation.

Iran did not directly invade any country , but they sponsor terror attacks , besides that , I still maintain my stance though

even if you do not know ( and i do not blame you for that ) Iran has scuffled with other nations for land even if it did not lead to invasion the reason why Iran claims it owns Bahrain,Iraq, Kuwait , even Saudi Arabia is based on its history of being a prominent part of the Persian Empire and its seventeenth-century ,

The same reason using the century formula is why Israel invaded Gaza trip , and some other sub palestinian owned territories , besides gaan self , their rivalry started before the time of Jesus , My point remains of Iran was capable of what Israel was capable of , Iran would invade or annihilate Israel , but Israel in all her capability has been able to control herself from attacking Iran

Plain and simple

2 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by DaBullIT(m): 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
musicwriter:
In 2010, the Israeli leadership wanted an attack but the military said it did not have "operational capability," said Barak.

Above is exactly what I argued on a thread few days ago, but one guy was all over the place talking what he don't know about US-Israeli military pact.

Isael = USA. They really have no military might as exaggerated without the US. Remove US from the equation and Iran alone will give them a run for their money. Israel will NEVER attack Iran or any other nation without US approval.

Oga abeg , face your music writing
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by DaBullIT(m): 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obi1kenobi:

Iran's only claim to power in the Middle East is their large population and influence on Shia Muslims and sponsoring of terrorist groups. The last war they fought, they were embarrassed by Iraq in the 80's and suffered far more casualties than Iraq. They're like the Nigeria of the Middle East. The US are not protecting Israel. If anything, they are protecting Iran under Obama, who wants peace with Iran as a legacy of his administration and he sees military options as counter-productive in thawing frosty relations and permanently stopping the nuclear program of Iran. There was a bit of a mini-scandal in the US when it was reported that Obama threatened Netanyahu to shoot Israeli planes out of the skies if they attacked Iran. Air strikes take seconds rather than years and there's nothing Iran can do if Israel bombed its nuclear sites. Its air-defence systems are archaic and sanctions over the years have left their military very poorly armed and their radar won't even detect Israeli stealth planes, talk more of attacking them.

You deserve 1 crate of Iced Heineken beer and lots of Suya

The sense you are making is just beyond what the other copy and paste people can ever achieve
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
DaBullIT:

Iran did not directly invade any country , but they sponsor terror attacks , besides that , I still maintain my stance though

even if you do not know ( and i do not blame you for that ) Iran has scuffled with other nations for land even if it did not lead to invasion the reason why Iran claims it owns Bahrain,Iraq, Kuwait , even Saudi Arabia is based on its history of being a prominent part of the Persian Empire and its seventeenth-century ,

The same reason using the century formula is why Israel invaded Gaza trip , and some other sub palestinian owned territories , besides gaan self , their rivalry started before the time of Jesus , My point remains of Iran was capable of what Israel was capable of , Iran would invade or annihilate Israel , but Israel in all her capability has been able to control herself from attacking Iran

Plain and simple
Iran will invade Israel yet you can't tell us one country Iran has invaded in the last century.
BTW is there one country that does not have land issues with neigbors
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
Israel and America, the enhancers and enablers of world wide chaos and terror.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by DaBullIT(m): 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
Henry120:

Your post really is poorly informed/resourced, and isn't worth responding to.

You can't form a response to that guy because he's making sense and you are afraid you will get trashed , what he wrote is very analytical,realistic and very true

Obi1kenobi

4 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Vicotex(m): 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

Iran will invade Israel yet you can't tell us one country Iran has invaded in the last century.
BTW is there one country that does not have land issues with neigbors
You don't understand what he's saying.
Let me explain.

He said if Iran had the military capability israel has, they would have invaded/anihilate Israel.
But israel with their military capabilities still kept their cool

6 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by DaBullIT(m): 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
IbnSultaan:

Keep dreaming Iranian capability is well known to the west and there second option deadliest activation of deadly militia groups and hizbollah celss

hehehehe, On paper at best, if Iran activates Terrorists, Israel will activate another subdivision of mossad , did you read history ? if you did not / haven't read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wrath_of_God , that's a retaliation , surgically precise revenge mission

Oh , and the mossad are the Israel's good guys , not the terrorists , but more importantly , Israel will use biological / chemical / nuclear attack on Iran if they cause any major damage to Israel , there'll be retaliations and it'll probably lead to war , but one on one , Irsael vs Iran , it's flawless victory for Israel

6 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Austin4lif: 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
Rilwayne001:
IRAN, no doubt, with her millitary capacity is unstoppable.
malow
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Missy89(f): 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obi1kenobi:

Israel can bomb Libya further away, but you think the logistics of bombing Iran are insurmountable? What do you think is the range of Israeli/American jets? Is it China or Australia or Canada that they're going to bomb? I'm no general. Everything we're saying here is empty noise based on our perception. And my perception of the strength of Israel and Iran is clearly different to yours.

You cant say you are no general and think you know how a country will react to a bomb raid at the same time. or claim a nation has operational capability to perform a task when their defense chief say they dont. In that case you should provide us with some details on how it will be done.

What you are saying might be based on your own perception. Do not assume we are both arguing based on perception. Do you even know how far in land some of those reactors are like the one in Arak? how many bombing sorties do you even think they will have to do in order to achieve acceptable result?. and what guarantees does the IAF have that they will get everything?

If you insist that the reason why Israel is not attacking Iran is diplomatic/political and not Military That should end the argument already. Military conflicts are not just about shooting alone. If an operation lack political/diplomatic success/backing ,That mission is a burst! and probably wont happen. What the got away with in Syria and Iraq they wont get away with it in Iran. In fact, Bombing Iran will even make Tehran have the bomb and not otherwise.

Israel will be satisfied with an extended breakout time. I dont think they are worried about Iran having the bomb eventually (It is inevitable). After all, they can defend themselves.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by DaBullIT(m): 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
Missy89:

The small size of Israel is actually its problem. Israeli planes can get to Iran but coming back and getting the job done is the problem. That is why the minister daid they lack operational capability.

Iron dome is defending against rockets not missiles. There is a huge difference. rockets dont carry laser guided techs that can evade radar and travel at fast and accurate speed so the iron dome defense system is basically useless against Iran missiles should they counter attack

Iron Dome is part of a future multi-tiered missile defense system that Israel is developing, which will also include Arrow 2, Arrow 3, Iron Beam and David's Sling but that's not the funniest part, the funniest part is that Iron dome received mysterious update a few days ago , don't fwul yourself

2 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Missy89(f): 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
DaBullIT:

Iron Dome is part of a future multi-tiered missile defense system that Israel is developing, which will also include Arrow 2, Arrow 3, Iron Beam and David's Sling but that's not the funniest part, the funniest part is that Iron dome received mysterious update a few days ago , don't fwul yourself

They all sound great.

Have you ever heard of any missile defense system that can totally stop an all out missile attack?

2 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by docadams: 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
DONBROTHER1:
for those of u saying that without the US backing the israeli can't face iran, i beg u that u go and read about the israel 6 days war with egypt, syria and jordan and how they are defeated by israel under six days.

Don't write from your dream. You need to read an unbiased account of the war so you can have an unbiased opinion. At a point, Isreal was at the edge of defeat before the Yankees stepped in.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by docadams: 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obi1kenobi:
All of you that keep mentioning Hezbollah are clutching at straws. A war against evasive guerillas and terrorists and a war against a conventional army are very different. Russia could easily crush a big country like Ukraine but it would struggle against rebels in Chechnya. The strategies are just very different.

Good analysis. But one question, though; which country is behind Hezbolla?
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by DaBullIT(m): 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
Missy89:

They all sound great.

Have you ever heard of any missile defense system that can totally stop an all out missile attack?

There was no missile or rocket defense system before dome

My point is technology advances , and do not forget that while the dome may not intercept missiles 100% it is automatic, doesn't need any form of human presence whereas , Iran has no such defense system, every citizen is a sitting duck, and i am sure if Israel were to fire, it'll target densely populated areas / strategic government buildings , eventually Iran will run out of Suicidal pilots and Isreal will strike a deadly blow on civilians which will lead to surrender or a peace talk

3 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
docadams:

Don't write from your dream. You need to read an unbiased account of the war so you can have an unbiased opinion. At a point, Isreal was at the edge of defeat before the Yankees stepped in.
Can u just help with the unbiased account of the war so i can what u are trying to claim.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by fineguy11(m): 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obi1kenobi:

What is "suicidal" about Israel attacking Iran? An invasion of Iran is suicidal and impossible, because Iran is a far bigger country than Israel. Surgical air strikes are very feasible and there's not a damn thing Iran would be able to do about it. What will make Tel Aviv to be "gone". I've got no love for Israel, but they have by far the greatest military in the Middle East.
u lie..turkey has the best military in the middle east..an attack on iranian facility wld have been disastrous for isreal..the almighty US has told them several times,.that attacking iran wld distabilize the middle east and empower the jihadist in the region which wld be detrimental to isreal on the long run...besides,iran is not iraq,syria or lebanon where u could attack without retaliation..
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Missy89(f): 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
DaBullIT:

My point is technology advances , and do not forget that while the dome may not intercept missiles 100% it is automatic, doesn't need any form of human presence whereas , Iran has no such defense system, every citizen is a sitting duck, and i am sure if Israel were to fire, it'll target densely populated areas / strategic government buildings , eventually Iran will run out of Suicidal pilots and Isreal will strike a deadly blow on civilians which will lead to surrender or a peace talk

If only wars are that simple. grin.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2015
Henry120:

Israel had overwhelming U.S support both in the Six Day and Yum kippur war.
Then prove it with a reliable source.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by fineguy11(m): 2:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obi1kenobi:

Iran's only claim to power in the Middle East is their large population and influence on Shia Muslims and sponsoring of terrorist groups. The last war they fought, they were embarrassed by Iraq in the 80's and suffered far more casualties than Iraq. They're like the Nigeria of the Middle East. The US are not protecting Israel. If anything, they are protecting Iran under Obama, who wants peace with Iran as a legacy of his administration and he sees military options as counter-productive in thawing frosty relations and permanently stopping the nuclear program of Iran. There was a bit of a mini-scandal in the US when it was reported that Obama threatened Netanyahu to shoot Israeli planes out of the skies if they attacked Iran. Air strikes take seconds rather than years and there's nothing Iran can do if Israel bombed its nuclear sites. Its air-defence systems are archaic and sanctions over the years have left their military very poorly armed and their radar won't even detect Israeli stealth planes, talk more of attacking them.
go back and read the iran-iraq war before commenting of this thread...iraq with US support couldn;t defeat an iranian shabby military that has an international arms embargo placed on it...
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by ladkud(m): 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obi1kenobi:

What is "suicidal" about Israel attacking Iran? An invasion of Iran is suicidal and impossible, because Iran is a far bigger country than Israel. Surgical air strikes are very feasible and there's not a damn thing Iran would be able to do about it. What will make Tel Aviv to be "gone". I've got no love for Israel, but they have by far the greatest military in the Middle East.

Israel has tasted some of Iran missiles technology through hamas in the last year onslaught. when 93% of all the hamas missiles landed in Israel with iron dome interceptor failed wholefuly. Can Israel withstand rains of 500 shabab-3 missiles at a time that will be a disaster for Israel. All of their commanders know it as well as their war planner. Israel can't afford that war.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
DONBROTHER1:

Then prove it with a reliable source.

Go to Youtube, search for "the War in October" it's an Aljazerra 3 part documentary, on the yum kippur war, all in English.

On the Six Day war, google up American support for Israel.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by fineguy11(m): 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
DONBROTHER1:
for those of u saying that without the US backing the israeli can't face iran, i beg u that u go and read about the israel 6 days war with egypt, syria and jordan and how they are defeated by israel under six days.
thats past glory bro...its a different ball game entirely with iran...why do u think major world powers rushed to sign a nuclear agreement with iran?4 months ago isreal planes struck 6 hezbollah fighters plus an iranian General at the Golan heights.iranian proxy(Hezbollah )responded attacking an isreal military convoy killing 2 soldiers and injurying some unspecified number..the truth is,isreal is surrounded by enemies.the only option is for them to try and make peace..
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by MyMouth(m): 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
DONBROTHER1:
Guy, u go and read about that war very well, Isreal was able to win because of assistance from the U.S! The were able to take out the powerful Egyptian air force due to intelligence infor supplied by the U.S. if those Egyptian planes had fueled and taken off, it would have been a different story!
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by orogodoganyin(m): 2:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
too many siege nd tower defence games ond android and PC, nd too many idiots thinking real wars are lyk those games.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by fineguy11(m): 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
DaBullIT:

LOL...the best land missile defence system in the world today is Russia''s S300/400,which russia is currently upgrading for delivery to iran...any isreali/iran clash now wld be disastrous for both countries...iran aint sitting duck.......
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by orogodoganyin(m): 2:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
DaBullIT:

If you don't understand people , don't quote them ok ??

What my comment basically means that despite having power , technology , nuclear weapons , and gadgets out of this world , Israel chose not to go into war or attack Iran

Whereas , the iranian president said on live tv that he wants to and he will annihilate Israel , If Iran had nuclear weapons they wouldn't be able to control themselves and No Israel did not just claim God's chosen, they are god's chosen and they did not steal anybody's ancestral land they fought for it , they earned it

really? do u know what it means to hit a country's nuclear site? do u evn know what 'nuclear' insinuates? or d gravity of that action? d'u know why nigeria isnt allowed to have a nuclear plant despite the fact that it'll solve our power problems?

indeed, God's Own Nation. But Thex Fought For, And Earned What? U Need To Read Alot More
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
fineguy11:
thats past glory bro...its a different ball game entirely with iran...why do u think major world powers rushed to sign a nuclear agreement with iran?4 months ago isreal planes struck 6 hezbollah fighters plus an iranian General at the Golan heights.iranian proxy(Hezbollah )responded attacking an isreal military convoy killing 2 soldiers and injurying some unspecified number..the truth is,isreal is surrounded by enemies.the only option is for them to try and make peace..
they defeated three arad nation many years back so don't think that one arad country can stand israel without the help of the others in this time.
and if it is true that the US always back israel, have u ever think why they are doing so, always interfering in any matter that is related to israel?

1 Like

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2015
Vicotex:
You don't understand what he's saying.
Let me explain.

He said if Iran had the military capability israel has, they would have invaded/anihilate Israel.
But israel with their military capabilities still kept their cool
How does my post show that I don't understand what he was saying?
My question is how have you guys come to the conclusion that iran will invade Israel if they have nukes? hence the question still remains how many countries have iran attacked in the last century compared to Israel?
I would think your judgement is based on antecedent and not sentiments.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by M14A1: 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
Over rating and under rating of both the Jews and Persians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Name His Goat Jonathan. See pic. / Aisha Buhari Launches Training Programme For 200 Women In Kastina / You'll Never Kill Rat Again After Seeing This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.