Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,210 members, 7,825,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS (7716 Views)

Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement / "Ibrahim Danmaziri Murtala Hired Thugs To Attack A Blogger" - Facebook User / Nigeria Doesnt Have Many "World Class" Facilities But We Do Have Many New Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
larryUG:

Did u say nukes are not allowed in war? Well if it will lead to ww3 alright. Buh do u seriously think it's only Iran dt has allies? Israel doesn't have allies in US and France and UK who have nukes. Nope. They will fold dia arms and allow Russia and China and N Korea to use nukes on Israel. Bros we are digressing from the argument. Exclude Russia and US and China and UK. Israel vs Iran, in a race to wipe out each other, Israel will win. Y r u seeking for help from China and Russia if u r confident of IRGC? As for irgc attacking Israeli nuclear sites, no one in d world knows d exact location of Israeli reactors if not dt modercai vanunu she'd some Lil light let alone knowing where d weapons are cos Israel has neva accepted owning 1. IRGC vs IDF in a race to erase each other fromm d map, IDF needs hours. Talk bout banning nuclear weapons, attacking civilians are also banned. So if Israel attacks a military installation and Iran decides to wipe out d whole con3 with its civilians instead of attacking military installations, nukes can be legal.
Honestly I'm really enjoying you bro. grin grin
Let's assumed Israel ain't allowed to use WMD in the War, then who is likely to win?
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by larryUG(m): 8:53pm On Aug 23, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Honestly I'm really enjoying you bro. grin grin
Let's assumed Israel ain't allowed to use WMD in the War, then who is likely to win?
what are ICBMS. Are they not weapons of mass destruction? Remove icbms and nukes. Let's do it d conventional way. Airplanes and ground forces and battle tanks, Israel is superior in d air. They will take out all Iranian warplanes, u know that. Once they establish air superiority within hours, the war is over. It doesn't matter if the ground forces are smaller. As for the navy, Israel has a decent navy too Buh the key is the air combat
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
larryUG:
what are ICBMS. Are they not weapons of mass destruction? Remove icbms and nukes. Let's do it d conventional way. Airplanes and ground forces and battle tanks, Israel is superior in d air. They will take out all Iranian warplanes, u know that. Once they establish air superiority within hours, the war is over. It doesn't matter if the ground forces are smaller. As for the navy, Israel has a decent navy too Buh the key is the air combat
That's your own submission which I'm gonna respect. The World should live in peace and not in pieces. And I pray in the nearest future, we gonna enjoy a nuclear-free World!
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by larryUG(m): 9:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
adeyemi2015:

That's your own submission which I'm gonna respect. The World should live in peace and not in pieces.
Yes. Honestly I wish Iran is pursuing a peaceful nuke program. Unfortunately they ain't. Israel and Iran are not the only ish. N Korea and Russia and USA nko? Bringing up d cold war era. Bros I wnt peace Buh d world is closer to armageddon dan peace unfortunately. I am enjoying u too smiley
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Missy89(f): 9:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
larryUG:
what are ICBMS. Are they not weapons of mass destruction? Remove icbms and nukes. Let's do it d conventional way. Airplanes and ground forces and battle tanks, Israel is superior in d air. They will take out all Iranian warplanes, u know that. Once they establish air superiority within hours, the war is over It doesn't matter if the ground forces are smaller. As for the navy, Israel has a decent navy too Buh the key is the air combat

This is not a video game.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by larryUG(m): 9:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
Missy89:

This is not a video game.
Lol its not. Buh I can't imagine Iran dominating Israel in the air. U know the truth. I blv u r very informed and u know what I am saying. Truth be told missy they have the experience of dogfights and they have superior planes. If Israel establishes air superiority, then the war will be won by israel.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
larryUG:

Yes. Honestly I wish Iran is pursuing a peaceful nuke program. Unfortunately they ain't. Israel and Iran are not the only ish. N Korea and Russia and USA nko? Bringing up d cold war era. Bros I wnt peace Buh d world is closer to armageddon dan peace unfortunately. I am enjoying u too smiley
The P5 + 1 agreed to Iranian Nuclear Program because they are convinced it's peaceful. UK is set to re-opening Embassy in Iran as well as commencing the importation of Iran crude oil.
Israel is the only Nation (Country) that is not happy with the decision. Why?
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Missy89(f): 9:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
larryUG:

Lol its not. Buh I can't imagine Iran dominating Israel in the air. Truth be told missy they have the experience of dogfights and they have superior planes. If Israel establishes air superiority, then the war will be won by israel.

I am misunderstanding something. Are you talking about an all out war with Iran? or just taking out much of reactors hypothetically?
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

CIA, mossad don't?
I don't know of any terror case perpetrated by those intelligence agencies. I would be interested to see information on any of them.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Shymm3x: 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obi1kenobi:

You don't get the point. A small country like Israel would be at its best with a quick, in-and-out, mobile operation. Everything from stealth technology, laser-guided missiles, satellite coverage, and coordinated intelligence with the US makes them well equipped for that. They're at their most vulnerable trying to invade with boots on the ground. Israel cannot invade Iran, but they're more than capable of bombing the hell out of it. That's just a damn fact.

How the hell is the Iron dome ineffective? They stop the overwhelming majority of the crude rockets that Iran send to Hamas which hardly causes any casualities. There's no "on paper" about the fact Israel are the best military force in the Middle East. It's not debateable in the slightest.

Lol @ "quick, in-and-out, mobile operation". How feasible is that and have you ever bothered to check where Iran and Israel are located on the world map, how big Iran is, where Iran's nuclear programme's sites are located, and the fact that Israel would have to use either Saudi and Jordan or Iraq's airspace for any air attack? I'm sure you know Iran isn't Syria or Iraq - and the barrage of missiles that will hit Israel after any miscalculation would make armageddon look like fire crackers. Israel is just US' aircraft carrier in MENA - its military capabilities are grossly overrated.

You mean the same Iron Dome that got exposed by Hamas after they started using Iranian mid-range missiles? And that's little hamas, a militant group that has to keep hiding its low stockpile of missiles. Now imagine what will hit Israel if Iran were to unleash the dragon on the country. You lot need to enjoy Bibi's posturing - he's a comedian. A terrible one though. grin
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by larryUG(m): 9:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
Missy89:

I am misunderstanding something. Are you talking about an all out war with Iran? or just taking out much of reactors hypothetically?
If you follow my discussions with adeyemi, you will know we are talking of the war and not the reactors. I am talking of the air to air combat after d reactors have been taken out "hypothetically". I know they are embedded within mountains and all of that, Buh I believe the US and israel can reach doz reactors if they decide Iran is developing a nuke
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
all4naija:
I don't know of any terror case perpetrated by those intelligence agencies. I would be interested to see information on any of them.
Assassination of the Iranian Doctors (Civilians) by the Mossad isn't a terror?!
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by CyberWolf: 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

How does my post show that I don't understand what he was saying?
My question is how have you guys come to the conclusion that iran will invade Israel if they have nukes? hence the question still remains how many countries have iran attacked in the last century compared to Israel?
I would think your judgement is based on antecedent and not sentiments.
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/03/Iranian-View-of-Israel/387085/
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Assassination of the Iranian Doctors (Civilians) by the Mossad isn't a terror?!
Bwahaha... Do you mean the Iranian nuclear physicists?
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Missy89(f): 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
larryUG:

If you follow my discussions with adeyemi, you will know we are talking of the war and not the reactors. I am talking of the air to air combat after d reactors have been taken out "hypothetically". I know they are embedded within mountains and all of that, Buh I believe the US and israel can reach doz reactors if they decide Iran is developing a nuke

But the US is not interested in taking them out. The Initial argument was how will Israel do it alone? and the answer is they cant.

Talking about all out war between Iran and Israel however, The same reason why Israel will be unable to take out the reactors is the reason why they will be unable to establish the air superiority that you are talking about.

Now if Israel have few allies then that might change. The size and distance alone makes your theory very unlikely.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by larryUG(m): 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol @ "quick, in-and-out, mobile operation". How feasible is that and have you ever bothered to check where Iran and Israel are located on the world map, how big Iran is, where Iran's nuclear programme's sites are located, and the fact that Israel would have to use either Saudi or Jordan's airspace for any air attack? I'm sure you know Iran isn't Syria or Iraq - and the barrage of missiles that will hit Israel after any miscalculation would make armageddon look like fire crackers. Israel is just US' aircraft carrier in MENA - its military capabilities are grossly overrated.

You mean the same Iron Dome that got exposed by Hamas after they started using Iranian mid-range missiles? And that's little hamas, a militant group that has to keep hiding its low stockpile of missiles. Now imagine what will hit Israel if Iran were to unleash the dragon on the country. You lot need to enjoy Bibi's posturing - he's a comedian. A terrible one though. grin
Your argument about airspace would have been valid if israel is using a fighter jet, as such they need to get into Iran. What if it's a strategic long range bomber? Then we have to consider the range of the bomber and as such they don't need to enter into Iran. As for the missiles, that's where Iran would hurt israel. Military strike against Iran is not beans Buh certainly an option.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
all4naija:
Bwahaha... Do you mean the Iranian nuclear physicists?
grin grin
Whether they are nuclear Physicists or not, is it a terror act or not?
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by larryUG(m): 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
Missy89:

But the US is not interested in taking them out. The Initial argument was how will Israel do it alone? and the answer is they cant.

Talking about all out war between Iran and Israel however, The same reason why Israel will be unable to take out the reactors is the reason why they will be unable to establish the air superiority that you are talking about.

Now if Israel have few allies then that might change. The size and distance alone makes your theory very unlikely.
The size and distance? There is no rule that says Israeli airplanes must engage the Iranian airforce in Iran. Can israel take out the reactors on their own without logistical support? Yes. Without political support? No.
The basis of my argument is not about whether they will or they should, Buh rather whether they can. How?....
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 23, 2015
adeyemi2015:

grin grin
Whether they are nuclear Physicists or not, is it a terror act or not?
It is not terror act. It is a way of averting Iran from acquiring nuclear bomb. Those physicists would have been alive today if they rejected to join hands with the rogue state to enrich uranium. Iran signed treaty of non-nuclear proliferation.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Missy89(f): 9:32pm On Aug 23, 2015
larryUG:

The size and distance? There is no rule that says Israeli airplanes must engage the Iranian airforce in Iran. Can israel take out the reactors on their own without logistical support? Yes. Without political support? No.
The basis of my argument is not about whether they will or they should, Buh rather whether they can. How?....

So tell me how they will do it on their own. give me some hypothetical facts based on what we know
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by CyberWolf: 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
larryUG:

I agree with you totally Buh missy something is amiss here. I do not think that Ehud with his background will come out and say the IAF doesn't have the operational capability to strike Iran. I think it is a decoy. You know why I think so? There was a report on how the Israelis have already detailed a plan to attack iran's nuke site. An already prepared operational plan by the IAF and all that is needed is d go ahead from d prez. It leaked and I think Ehud wnts to deflect d attention away. Israel has been in d know of doz sites for yrs and any1 who thinks d airforce ust started to plan in 2010 on d operational details is naive. Even the USAF already has operational plans on how to strike if d need arises. All dey need is d go ahead and d jets are off. I think for Ehud to say such, he is trying to decieve the outside world and Iran into believing that Israel is hvn operational hitches attacking them. It's a decoy
Thank you very much..I just laughed while reading some people's myopic reasoning here about Israel lacking the operational capability to strike Iran since Ehud says so. Most Nigerians lack abstract reasoning and that's why everything we do here is wack..
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Shymm3x: 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
larryUG:

Your argument about airspace would have been valid if israel is using a fighter jet, as such they need to get into Iran. What if it's a strategic long range bomber? Then we have to consider the range of the bomber and as such they don't need to enter into Iran. As for the missiles, that's where Iran would hurt israel. Military strike against Iran is not beans Buh certainly an option.

There's no way they can attack Iran from the air without flying over the Iranian airspace. As for missiles - just any missiles won't be effective. They will have to use heavy cruise missiles - the type that's more powerful than the US' tomahawk missiles. And Israel doesn't have that capability.

All the noise is just good for sabre rattling - those in Israel aren't suicidal. Especially now that the big brother in Washington doesn't want any part of it.

1 Like

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Zane2point4(m): 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2015
Missy89:

You dont need to be a general to know what you are talking about. What stealthy planes do you think Israel will bomb The facilities with by the way? and how will they get back to their base? where will they refuel? which countries in between will give them the airspace? How will Iran react?

Do you really need to be a general to answer those questions? or do you think generals are magicians? How do you know Russia can defeat Ukraine? are you a general? dont contradict yourself

At the wake of a certain crisis blw south korea and north korea, America being an ally of south korea flew 2 B-2 bombers straight from America to south korea non stop, that answers ur question in d first paragraph,.

In a conventional war with all rules of engagement, u cnt compare a countrie's regular army to rag tag millitants, jux like wat is happening in naija, boko haram only does "hit and run" kind of war blc dey cnt sustain a long war with nigerian army hence the need for there tactics. That is also the kind of tactics hezbolla and hama uses.i hope ur ok?
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by larryUG(m): 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
Missy89:

So tell me how they will do it on their own. give me some hypothetical facts based on what we know
Ok missy. Assuming israel doesn't have to land in turkey or Iraq, it means they must refuel mid air using airborne tankers. I am sure israel doesn't have enof of doz tankers Buh they have unrivaled experience in using f15s and F16s outfitted as tankers. Then they might need about 40 planes to do the work. F15s and F16s fitted with GBU 28 bunker busters.
Then missy I dnt think taking out all of d reactors is possible. That will need over a hundred planes and weeks. So the most feasible is to take out the key reactors like d one in Arak dt u mentioned in ur earlier posts. The 1 in natanz province, the uranium conversion facility and d rest. Not more dan 8 reactors. I am thinking a simultaneous take out. They can't take out all becos of the way d reactors are scattered Buh I think they can take out the key ones. I am low on battery, would love to continue with you tomorrow. Waiting for your critique about this proposal. Not a sky Marshall though smiley
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Missy89(f): 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
Zane2point4:

At the wake of a certain crisis blw south korea and north korea, America being an ally of south korea flew 2 B-2 bombers straight from America to south korea non stop, that answers ur question in d first paragraph,.

In a conventional war with all rules of engagement, u cnt compare a countrie's regular army to rag tag millitants, jux like wat is happening in naija, boko haram only does "hit and run" kind of war blc dey cnt sustain a long war with nigerian army hence the need for there tactics. That is also the kind of tactics hezbolla and hama uses.i hope ur ok?

So how many B-2 Bombers does IAF operate?
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Missy89(f): 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
larryUG:

Ok missy. Assuming israel doesn't have to land in turkey or Iraq, it means they must refuel mid air using airborne tankers. I am sure israel doesn't have enof of doz tankers Buh they have unrivaled experience in using f15s and F16s outfitted as tankers. Then they might need about 40 planes to do the work. F15s and F16s fitted with GBU 28 bunker busters.
Then missy I dnt think taking out all of d reactors is possible . That will need over a hundred planes and weeks. So the most feasible is to take out the key reactors like d one in Arak dt u mentioned in ur earlier posts. The 1 in natanz province, the uranium conversion facility and d rest. Not more dan 8 reactors. I am thinking a simultaneous take out. They can't take out all becos of the way d reactors are scattered Buh I think they can take out the key ones. I am low on battery, would love to continue with you tomorrow. Waiting for your critique about this proposal. Not a sky Marshall though smiley

The problem with the hypothetical theory is that they will need another sovereign nation's airspace to refuel. If they cant get it all, That will even make Iran more likely have have the damn bomb because Sanctions wont matter anymore. That is why they will never go thru it in the first place.

Natanz is even father east than Arak and hitting the facility there is highly unlikely. Everyone saying that Isreal can get the job done are very quick to say they are no general when they are asked how they will do it ALONE.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by larryUG(m): 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
Missy89:

The problem with the hypothetical theory is that they will need another sovereign nation's airspace to refuel. If they cant get it all, That will even make Iran more likely have have the damn bomb because Sanctions wont matter anymore. That is why they will never go thru it in the first place.

Natanz is even father east than Arak and hitting the facility there is highly unlikely. Everyone saying that Isreal can get the job done are very quick to say they are no general when they are asked how they will do it ALONE.

That's my take. They do not need to take out all of the reactors to set back the program. Just the principal reactors. Well I pointed out I ain't a sky Marshall though I am confident that my plans are feasible because that is my view as a defense enthusiast not as Israeli military chief. I believe they even have a better plan than mine. As for the refueling, I agree with you. But the basis of my argument is operational capability to take out reactors, not political help.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by EastLebanon(m): 10:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
Iran look before you leap,israel has never lost any war in modern time,they only lost in the bible when they disobeyed God.
NB:Israel(jew) made America what it is today and many of them have ruled America,they rule the world some of them are George bush,bill gate,mark zuckerberg e.t.c
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by CSTR2: 10:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
Seriously, it looks like a lot of people here are playing ostrich.
You can hate israel all you want, but it dosen't change the facts.
A war between israel and iran would be an outright victory for israel.
Hell, the technological sophistication of both militarized nations are very far apart, and we all know which nation holds by far the higher technological ground.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Eastlink(m): 11:32pm On Aug 23, 2015
Henry120:

Israel had overwhelming U.S support both in the Six Day and Yum kippur war.
I doubt you know anything about the Israeli/Arab six day war you mentioned. For your information, the Arabs (led by Nasser's Egypt) where heavily backed by the USSR. How they were easily defeated under 5 days is just pure military superiority.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Eastlink(m): 11:47pm On Aug 23, 2015
adeyemi2015:
Israel is being over-rated with their military capabilities. It's so funny that many are under-rating the Iranian forces. Iran Military is less equipped comparing to IRGC!
The IRGC forces are ready for martyr, and they voluntarily joined to protect the interest of the Country, their religion and Spiritual Leader.
I've been following Iran Military developments quite a while, and this is a Country who is fully capable of producing military hardware and software respectively. Name it; they are good and capable in the air, on the Sea or Land!
I think those who are condemning Iran Military Capabilities should sacrifice little MB to research on their military capability status; bet me, they wouldn't come back and under-estimated them again.
If war breaks out today between Israel and Iran (God forbids), as Ahmadinajadi, their immediate past president once said, Israel will no longer appear on the World Map!!!
And they were completely outclassed by the Iraqis in the 80's. Where were the so called IRGC martyrs when their country was on the verge of defeat. Saddam proved to the world that the Iranians were only but noisemakers.
The truth is that the strength of the Iranians lies in their terrorist cell. When it comes to a conventional ware fare, you don't wanna joke with the Israelis.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by larryUG(m): 8:02am On Aug 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

There's no way they can attack Iran from the air without flying over the Iranian airspace. As for missiles - just any missiles won't be effective. They will have to use heavy cruise missiles - the type that's more powerful than the US' tomahawk missiles. And Israel doesn't have that capability.

All the noise is just good for sabre rattling - those in Israel aren't suicidal. Especially now that the big brother in Washington doesn't want any part of it.
what about their jericho Missiles? It has a range of 11000 km. with that range, Iran is well within range of a strike. Iran has thousands or missiles buh only about 100-200 that can hit israel. Let's take it from there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Has Seen This?Herd Of Carmels Seen In Lagos. / Don’t Lose Hope, We’ll Bounce Back – APC Consoles Supporters In Akwa Ibom / Angola’s Chinese-built Ghost Town – A New Phenomenon In Africa - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.