Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS (7687 Views)

Jonathan: Why I Backed Out On One Term Agreement / "Ibrahim Danmaziri Murtala Hired Thugs To Attack A Blogger" - Facebook User / Nigeria Doesnt Have Many "World Class" Facilities But We Do Have Many New Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Gravanno: 8:25am On Aug 24, 2015
Eastlink:
I doubt you know anything about the Israeli/Arab six day war you mentioned. For your information, the Arabs (led by Nasser's Egypt) where heavily backed by the USSR. How they were easily defeated under 5 days is just pure military superiority.

First, Isreal didn't fight that war, America did.

Secondly, Iranian are not Arabs.

Third, America made isreal and not the other way.

You think you know about this war more than Miko Peled, the general’s son? I don't think so.

Just Google the book by Miko Peled 'The General's Son '. Thank me later.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Gravanno: 8:32am On Aug 24, 2015
all4naija:
I don't know of any terror case perpetrated by those intelligence agencies. I would be interested to see information on any of them.

Operation Northwoods.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by cheruv: 8:44am On Aug 24, 2015
Henry120:

Israel had overwhelming U.S support both in the Six Day and Yum kippur war.
Lies!
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by cheruv: 8:50am On Aug 24, 2015
Armaggedon:
argue with facts and stop throwing tantrums.
perhaps it is "poorly sourced" because you have not fact to counter it.
As in eh undecided
The guy is throwing lies out with reckless abandon shocked
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by cheruv: 8:53am On Aug 24, 2015
musicwriter:
In 2010, the Israeli leadership wanted an attack but the military said it did not have "operational capability," said Barak.

Above is exactly what I argued on a thread few days ago, but one guy was all over the place talking what he don't know about US-Israeli military pact.

Isael = USA. They really have no military might as exaggerated without the US. Remove US from the equation and Iran alone will give them a run for their money. Israel will NEVER attack Iran or any other nation without US approval.
Without US approval?
What happened in June of '67? undecided
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Gravanno: 8:56am On Aug 24, 2015
cheruv:
Without US approval? What happened in June of '67? undecided
Are you for real? In reality, US fought that war.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Gravanno: 9:01am On Aug 24, 2015
all4naija:
I don't know of any terror case perpetrated by those intelligence agencies. I would be interested to see information on any of them.

Again, Google 'The Lavon Affair'

The Lavon Affair refers to a failed Israeli covert operation , code named Operation Susannah , conducted in Egypt in the Summer of 1954. As part of the false flag operation, [1] a group of Egyptian Jews were recruited by Israeli military intelligence to plant bombs inside Egyptian, American and British-owned civilian targets, cinemas, libraries and American educational centers. The bombs were timed to detonate several hours after closing time. The attacks were to be blamed on the Muslim Brotherhood , Egyptian Communists , "unspecified malcontents" or "local nationalists" with the aim of creating a climate of sufficient violence and instability to induce the British government to retain its occupying troops in Egypt's Suez Canal zone. [2] The operation caused no casualties, except for operative Philip Natanson, when a bomb he was taking to place in a movie theater ignited prematurely in his pocket; for two members of the cell who committed suicide after being captured; and for two operatives who were tried, convicted and executed by Egypt.

Does the bold look anything close to you like 911?
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Gravanno: 9:14am On Aug 24, 2015
all4naija:

Another one.

USS Liberty incident.

Israel attacked the USS Liberty using UNMARKED AIRCRAFT. This is the single fact which proves Israel knew exactly who they were attacking. Israel's story is that they thought USS Liberty was an Egyptian ship and therefore a legitimate target of war. Were that true, there would be no reason to attack a supposedly Egyptian ship with unmarked aircraft. The only possible reason to use unmarked aircraft to attack the ship is that Israel knew it was an American ship and intended to sink it, then to blame the attack on Egypt.

Moorer, who as top legal council to the official investigation is in a position to know, agrees that Israel intended to sink the USS Liberty and blame Egypt for it, thus dragging the United States into a war on Israel's behalf. This seems to be a common trick of Israel.
Starting with the Lavon affair, through the USS Liberty, to the fake radio transmitter that tricked Regan into attacking Libya, to potentially 9-11 itself, Israel's game is to frame Arabs and set them up as targets for the United States.

The official US investigation is discredited. And with it, every claim of innocence for Israel that relied on the official investigation as a source.

The real question facing the American people is why the US Government seems more concerned with protecting Israel after they are caught playing these dirty tricks, rather than doing something to convince Israel not to kill any more Americans.
Check out the bold again.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by carnegiefan: 9:19am On Aug 24, 2015
The Israel I know already has a plan at least 10 years afoot. The only thing that will stop Israel attacking Iran is if Iran does not attempt to develop a nuclear weapon; ie if Israel is sure that Iran is not building a nuke.
Keep in mind that Israel has by far the best inteligence in the middle east. Right now, they know exactly what stage Iran's program is at. All the "rants" is just to keep the strategic situation the same, just in case they are missing something-Israel doesn't trust anybody, and rightly so!
If she gets any credible sign that Iran will build a nuke, Israel will attack Iran so hard that Iran won't even dream of a counter attack. And she would do so with all military resources available to her.
Israel understands her neighbors very well. cool
Just love that Jewish state! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by cheruv: 9:37am On Aug 24, 2015
Gravanno:

Are you for real? In reality, US fought that war.
Explain pls
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by gists: 9:55am On Aug 24, 2015
carnegiefan:
The Israel I know already has a plan at least 10 years afoot. The only thing that will stop Israel attacking Iran is if Iran does not attempt to develop a nuclear weapon; ie if Israel is sure that Iran is not building a nuke.
Keep in mind that Israel has by far the best inteligence in the middle east. Right now, they know exactly what stage Iran's program is at. All the "rants" is just to keep the strategic situation the same, just in case they are missing something-Israel doesn't trust anybody, and rightly so!
If she gets any credible sign that Iran will build a nuke, Israel will attack Iran so hard that Iran won't even dream of a counter attack. And she would do so with all military resources available to her.
Israel understands her neighbors very well. cool
Just love that Jewish state! cheesy

And you think Israel will do that without US approval?
Its more complicated than just a fight between Israel and Iran.

Note that the US will be very cautious going into a war with Iran knowing fully well the position Russia will likely take.

With all the confidence Ukraine had in US and all the noise they made, Crimea is now a Russian state.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying US is afraid of Russia. As far as I am concerned (though I may be wrong) US will defeat Russia 10 times if they fight 10 times. But the US is too intelligent to fight a rofo-rofo fight with a pig. The cost of victory over Russia will be too massive and I am sure US will not want to go into that.

No doubt Israel can defend herself, but it is a tiny nation and toooo easy to wipe out of the map - especially with Russia always looking to take the opposite side with US. The consequence of starting a fight with Iran is too dire and they know it.

I may be wrong again but I think that US realize she is better off having Iran as an ally (just like Saudi is US 2nd biggest ally after Israel in the ME) than letting Iran form a permanent bond with Russia. Little wonder the deal between US and Iran is progressing at a rate never seen before.

If you disagree, just tell us why on earth will US fight a war with Iran just for the purpose of solidarity with Israel who start an unprovoked war. Bear in mind that Iran has about the 2nd largest oil reserve in the middle east and Iran will most likely have the backing of Russia - From Us perspective, that is a bad combination i.e Iranian oil adding to the fueling of Russian military might. That is why Israel will only continue to make noise and Bragg without doing anything.

1 Like

Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Shymm3x: 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2015
larryUG:

what about their jericho Missiles? It has a range of 11000 km. with that range, Iran is well within range of a strike. Iran has thousands or missiles buh only about 100-200 that can hit israel. Let's take it from there

And what damage is that going to do to an underground and heavily fortified nuclear programme site? Israel is also within Iranian strike range and nah, they have thousands of missiles that can hit Israel - from Iran and all their proxies scattered all over MENA.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by larryUG(m): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

And what damage is that going to do to an underground and heavily fortified nuclear programme site? Israel is also within Iranian strike range and nah, they have thousands of missiles that can hit Israel - from Iran and all their proxies scattered all over MENA.
From Iran, The number of missiles that can hit israel is not more than 200, You saying thousands shows you aint informed. forget about the iron dome defense, have u heard of Arrow missile defense system? and arrow 3? abi na iron dome u know? 42 Jericho Missiles are all that is needed to hit the 3 major nuclear sites. U do not know the capability of the Jericho missiles. I bet You have not even heard of SPICE by Rafael, lets not argue this matter bros. they have the operational capability to take out the key nuclear sites.
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Richhard(m): 10:39am On Aug 26, 2015
larryUG:

Agreed. Now Dts ma point. U nailed it. The keyword in ur statements is "days". Israeli intelligence know d locations of doz missile silos. Iran needs about 5 days to wipe off Israel from d map. Israel needs 2 hrs max to wipe out Iran with nukes. Not ICBMS. They just need to render their military operational bases useless. The missiles won't stand a chance against nukes especially since Israeli strikes will be precision-based to reduce the missile capabilities since d locations are known.
Ur assumption is based on d fact dt Iran will be bombarding Israel with missiles continously for 5 days and Israel will relax with their own nukes and missiles waiting to be wiped off.

Haha great reply bro, you hit the nail on the head
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Richhard(m): 10:45am On Aug 26, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Honestly I'm really enjoying you bro. grin grin
Let's assumed Israel ain't allowed to use WMD in the War, then who is likely to win?

Love the way you accept defeat, thumbs up bro
Re: Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Gravanno:

Again, Google 'The Lavon Affair'

Does the bold look anything close to you like 911?
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers And SSS Brutalise Watchdog Media Crew In Edo / APC Has Consigned Nigeria To Poverty — Olawepo-hashim / When Frank Okon Will Be Sworn In As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.