Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,953 members, 7,810,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Nigerian Recipes - Food (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Recipes (348196 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / Exciting Recipes With Indomie! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Recipes by AmakaOne(f): 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2010
Akolawole:

@Dr Kit

You don land here.

The Lady try no be small.

@Amaka

Are you in UK?

yeah I am in the UK. Why are you asking?
Re: Nigerian Recipes by segunpc(m): 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2010
we get plenty cooks for here o
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Akolawole(m): 12:10am On Jan 24, 2010
AmakaOne:

yeah I am in the UK. Why are you asking?

Its a "stone-throw" to catch you.

I need to learn cooking.

Please shoot me an email tru moderator_to_members one.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by DrKitaun(m): 12:19am On Jan 24, 2010
Akolawole:

Its a "stone-throw" to catch you.

I need to learn cooking.

Please shoot me an email tru moderator_to_members one.

shocked shocked angry
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 24, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

shocked  shocked  angry
ashewo oshi grin
Re: Nigerian Recipes by DrKitaun(m): 1:54am On Jan 24, 2010
jealous lover buruku tongue grin

na me talk say make u no sabi cook reach our Moderator ?
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Nobody: 1:58am On Jan 24, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

jealous lover buruku tongue grin

na me talk say make u no sabi cook reach our Moderator ?
Jealous of what? tongue

Lool you no try me yet? My hubby no wan eat outside sef tongue
Re: Nigerian Recipes by dani1luv: 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2010
shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Nigerian Recipes by shashaoyo: 5:30pm On Jan 27, 2010
I have enjoyed this so much and wasted half my morning. But it really only makes me miss home cooking from niaja. But this a start sha. I will try some new recipes and see what the variations on here do to the ones i all ready cook. I need a few things. so help if you can.

1. the maggi recipe cookbook email to oroyelaran@gmail.com
2. looking for a recipes for eggs. You know the basic red fried eggs. Simple i know. maybe my proportions are wrong, anyway I have attempted to make it but it is not quite the same as home and i an not sure what i am missing. We usually eat it with boiled yam in the morning.

To the rest of yall enjoy and eat well. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Akolawole(m): 3:05am On Jan 28, 2010
Amaka1!

Amaka1!

How i wish you knew my chieftaincy title in Ibadan! grin
Re: Nigerian Recipes by honeric01(m): 10:39am On Feb 02, 2010
[size=15pt]SEE FOOD!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked[/size]
Re: Nigerian Recipes by melissaMBA: 5:49am On Feb 03, 2010
hey, anyone got any recipes for white soup if so please can you so kindly forward it to my email addy melissambasouk@hotmail.com or any other ibo soups apart from eguisi okro vegetable thanku appreciate it Bleep or anything ibo that will drive my husband crazy as hes been out of nigeria for 8 yrs and hes homesick missing all that delicious ibo food thanku Bleep mel
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Aniody: 9:56am On Feb 03, 2010
Please Bisiriyu i also need maggi e-book plssssssss help me and send it to ritazi3@yahoo.com. Thank you God bless you.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by mamaken: 12:06pm On Feb 04, 2010
amaka u r great!!!
i'll try ur Special Yam Pottage recipe today,
hope it will look as good as the one in your pic, wink
Re: Nigerian Recipes by ccaramel(f): 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2010
someone kindly email me the maggi e-book plssssssss
phunmee@yahoo.ca

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 18, 2010
:p :p
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 18, 2010
yes me too want am por maggi recipe book pls!  tongue tongue my email addy's reniceblue@live.com

Sweet Potato Pottage

Sweet potatoes - 4 medium sized (abt 250g each)
Palm oil              - 2 cooking spoons (pls make sure it's not abada sized spoons o!)
fresh pepper     - 4 bells (ata rodo. feel free to add more if u're a pepper enthusiast like me  tongue tongue)
dried cameroon/nsukka pepper - 3 balls
tomatoes          - 4 large sized
smoked fish      - 2 medium sized
pomo                - about a handful, diced
onions              - 1 medium sized
maggi/salt        - to taste
thyme              - to taste (optional)

cut up the potatoes into not too small cubes.
place in pot
get all the other ingredients ready - wash the fish, chop the peppers, tomatoes and onions, boil the pomo till it's soft.
put some water in the pot, just enough to barely submerge the potatoes
add all the ingredients at once and leave to boil until the potatoes disintegrate (not completely, but you'll notice the edges begin to 'melt' into the water) to form the pottage. be careful cos it cooks quickly and will typically be in the desired state in about 20 mins.

with yam, u'd normally leave it to boil first b4 putting the ingredients, but sweet potatoes boils much faster. if u add the ingredients later, the ingredients will not completely enter the potatoes, leaving u with a taste of whatever spices diffuse fastest at the middle of the potatoes.

serves 3 - 4, depending on their appetites  cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Recipes by zeeamin: 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2010
am new nd am very happy wit wt u guys are doin.pls cn any1 sen different ways of making different fruit juices.its very hot in d northern part of nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
@ zeeamin

hey you're welcome. most important juice for the weather up north is water. tons of it. are u serving there or on holiday?

what fruits are in season there right now? u might want to get a blender and a strong muslin sieve or just get a juice maker. no hard and fast rule to making juices. once u eliminate skin and seeds just blend and seive. pineapple+mango, orange+grape, the rest is up to your imagination. have fun smiley
Re: Nigerian Recipes by zeeamin: 8:28pm On Feb 18, 2010
thanx icecube,am servin in bauchi.dr are plenty oranges,water melon.pls cn u send me maggi recipe cookbook.my e-mail is joymyzeal@yahoo.com.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 19, 2010
hey u're welcome. but the name's i-c-e-b-l-u-e. don't get it twisted wink wink

enjoy ur 1yr there. this is their worst weather of the year. just make sure u drink tons of water. and i mean tons.

oranges and watermelons look like a good combo. i think i might make some myself!
Re: Nigerian Recipes by arian: 3:38am On Feb 22, 2010
Does anybody how many fried eggs with tomatoes. I have tried several times, but it seem i can never get it right.
If you know how to make, can you please tell me and the measurements?

Thank you. smiley wink
Re: Nigerian Recipes by member479760: 8:39pm On Feb 22, 2010
Does anyone know the english name for ogbono or the nutrition content?
Re: Nigerian Recipes by vinisky: 5:05pm On Feb 23, 2010
@amakaone
what's up? you've been so helpful with me learning to be a better cook. God bless you. i would also love to recieve the maggi ebook. my email is talk2vinisky@gmail.com. Pls how about once again posting pictures to go with the recipes. i really loved looking at the pictures of the recipes posted as they were very informative. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by feelncrazy: 6:38pm On Mar 05, 2010
I can not sat to CT and others "Thank you" enough for taking the time to do something so lovely for others that do not have this knowlege. I am an American and my husband is IGBO and to surprise him with some wonderful cooking from his home in Nigeria would please him so much, You have really made a difference in someone else's life today. Thank you so much! God Bless you always!
Re: Nigerian Recipes by lizagill: 11:43am On Mar 08, 2010
Great recipe iceblue ,
I never tried Nigerian recipe but this sounds good so i going to try it soon.
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by pelete: 12:48pm On Mar 10, 2010
Hi Amaka,
1. more grease to ur elbow cos u are doing a great thing.
2. pls can u send a copy of the e-receipe to my mail box: iyinolakan@yahoo.com

will be expecting ur reply.
thanks.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by graphical2: 4:34pm On Mar 10, 2010
@ Amaka - More grease to your elbow.

Please I won't mind having a copy of the e-recipe. My email id is: graphical2010@yahoo.com.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by mi3(f): 10:11pm On Mar 14, 2010
Hiii! could someone please help me with the recipe for egg-stew? you know, the kind they eat with boiled/fried yam/plantain? I have never gotten it right, and where i am, it's one of the few things that i can make with the ingredients available, i LOVE the stuff! and i am incredibly homesick sad
Re: Nigerian Recipes by costa4God: 1:03pm On Mar 21, 2010
hello Ms Amaka
Can you please send me the maggi cook book ?
My email address is bukastew@gmail.com
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Recipes by hilli666(m): 10:06pm On Mar 25, 2010
Who ever this Amaka woman is, all I can say is thank you. You have been helping me cook great dishes for my friends and family for years, and I dont even know who you are. It is weird how help come from the most unlikely of places or people. Once again THANK YOU!!
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 25, 2010
lol the pepper soup recipe is about the best. I've tried it about 4-5 times and i must say, my friends never let the thing last 2 days no matter how much of it i make. the white soup was also good too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (35) (Reply)

Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.