Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event (16236 Views)

Photos Of Goodluck Jonathan Drinking Alcohol / Nigerians Release Photos Of Goodluck Jonathan Drinking Alcohol / PHOTOS Of Former President, Jonathan Drinking Alcohol Surface Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by segebobo: 8:53pm On Aug 24, 2015
Austin4lif:
I remember those days in school, south south guys will not allow us rest by arguing that they are marginalized by not allowing them to rule Nigeria. Nigeria gave GEJ to rule and they helped in sending him away. My question is that can we say SS people did nt behave foolishly? Cos the never supported their Son fully. Even if Buhari stole the whole of Nigeria, the average Hausa man will not insult him. My own opinion, SS will never Rule Nigeria again.

Is it not the same GEJ from south south that was massively supported fat & wide in 2011. The Nigeria I'm seeing today is advancing beyond that mentality (with the exception of a myopic few). If he had performed excellently, not only the south south, but majority of the nation would have voted massively for him.
Like @sweetlemon rightly said 'Obasanjo's major critics were the yorubas'... The same tribe he originated from
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by iamrealdeji(m): 9:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
Sweetlemon:
90% of South South men who are not Pastors and over 40 years dey shack. Leave matter.

Proudly South South though. Repping Oron Nation. wink
you're repping south cos the men over 40 drink?
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by olayincar(m): 9:09pm On Aug 24, 2015
ladyF:
Lol but he doesn't drink, they said....

is he drinking ni lol
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by haqueurate(m): 9:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jonas problem was just one
people arround him
they are bloody liars who dont know how to tell the truth, and they actually thought nigerians will alwasys be stupid
imagine abati coming to lie to us even when it is absolutely uneccessary
thats why pmb is been extra careful of who to bring close

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by Sweetlemon(f): 9:20pm On Aug 24, 2015
iamrealdeji:
you're repping south cos the men over 40 drink?

Of course not. Just saying that I'm still proud of my region. Ogogoro and all. wink

But hey. Jonathan gave us a bad name. Someone like Pat Utomi or Donal Duke would have shown the world what real SS men are made of. They may be high on something a lot of times BUT they are smart, critical, fore-sighted people.
To prove this, look around other regions. It's very popular to see a very wealthy man whose siblings are just average or even just managing. These rich men like most black men don't enrich their families. They only care about themselves and their own children. Igbo men may give their brothers money to start up shop but they hardly follow up on their businesses. Most yorubas are even worse. Where are Otedola, Adenuga, Alakija's siblings? Hausas help their siblings but not as much.

But check out SS families. The Ibrus, the Bruce brothers, The Iboris (yeah I know na stolen wealth) the Igbinedions, the Dukes (Royal family) in Calabar. The Nkpubures in Akwa-Ibom, and many more.

We are silent achievers and yes we have good taste too.
My prayer is that we are given another chance in Nigeria in the not too distant future.
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by jaymichael(m): 9:36pm On Aug 24, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Of course not. Just saying that I'm still proud of my region. Ogogoro and all. wink

But hey. Jonathan gave us a bad name. Someone like Pat Utomi or Donal Duke would have shown the world what real SS men are made of. They may be high on something a lot of times BUT they are smart, critical, fore-sighted people.
To prove this, look around other regions. It's very popular to see a very wealthy man whose siblings are just average or even just managing. These rich men like most black men don't enrich their families. They only care about themselves and their own children. Igbo men may give their brothers money to start up shop but they hardly follow up on their businesses. Most yorubas are even worse. Where are Otedola, Adenuga, Alakija's siblings? Hausas help their siblings but not as much.

But check out SS families. The Ibrus, the Bruce brothers, The Iboris (yeah I know na stolen wealth) the Igbinedions, the Dukes in Calabar. The Nkpubures in Akwa-Ibom, and many more.

My prayer is that we are given another chance in Nigeria in the not too distant future.
@the bolded, you are quite right. We Yorubas don't empower our families as well as the Igbos do. This unfortunately is the bitter truth about my people.
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by sdindan: 10:49pm On Aug 24, 2015
fulanimafia:

Grow up.
Grow down and disappear
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jobless lad well its still beter than fura and 123 milk the current president takes in hope to grow back dead brain cells
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by Benoxvals(m): 4:14am On Aug 25, 2015
Hennessy,black label and Campari....strong combo
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by iamrealdeji(m): 4:39am On Aug 25, 2015
Sweetlemon:

But check out SS families. The Ibrus, the Bruce brothers, The Iboris (yeah I know na stolen wealth) the Igbinedions, the Dukes (Royal family) in Calabar. The Nkpubures in Akwa-Ibom, and many more.

That's something to be proud of about the south south men,the Yorubas no doubt have achieved far more than any tribe in Nigeria,but you only hear an Important person's name and don't even know his siblings or relatives. Its true that Yorubas care only about their children rather than their family,by the time Yorubas grow into adulthood,they don't relate so well with their relatives,probably because problems do happen between family members A lot,their problem with people always start from their problem with their family members. You cant blame some sister,they must have been through a lot,like some believe their family was never there for them when they were nothing and start to rush them when they're successful,some believe some family members are ingrates,but those shouldn't be excuses,its always better to do something for the sake of God,those that are involved with their families in the money line are only doing business  like any 2 business men.
But those families you mentioned above got rich with the influence of their rich parents,it happens here too,like the Saraki family,Olusola Saraki made money and enriched his children(even though na stolen money) and he also enriched his children with strong spiritual powers too,
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by greatestman(m): 7:46am On Aug 25, 2015
WhiteTechnology:
Only great people are talked about

The attention OBJ seeks through excessive talk , Jonathan gets on a platter of gold without stress

Click like if you agree with the assertion above. cool

GEJ don't talk, but people talk about him.

1 million likes.

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by Sweetlemon(f): 9:12am On Aug 25, 2015
iamrealdeji:
That's something to be proud of about the south south men,the Yorubas no doubt have achieved far more than any tribe in Nigeria,but you only hear an Important person's name and don't even know his siblings or relatives. Its true that Yorubas care only about their children rather than their family,by the time Yorubas grow into adulthood,they don't relate so well with their relatives,probably because problems do happen between family members A lot,their problem with people always start from their problem with their family members. You cant blame some sister,they must have been through a lot,like some believe their family was never there for them when they were nothing and start to rush them when they're successful,some believe some family members are ingrates,but those shouldn't be excuses,its always better to do something for the sake of God,those that are involved with their families in the money line are only doing business  like any 2 business men.
But those families you mentioned above got rich with the influence of their rich parents,it happens here too,like the Saraki family,Olusola Saraki made money and enriched his children(even though na stolen money) and he also enriched his children with strong spiritual powers too,

Adenuga was a taxi driver in US o!
Alakija was a fashion designer. It was her friendship with Maryam Babangida that brought her the money. Not so sure about Otedola though but I'm sure he didn't come from an influential background.

See, I know you want to defend your people but you need to accept that not all things about our tribes can be good. But be proud of your tribe all the same.
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by iamrealdeji(m): 10:14am On Aug 25, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Nope,Otedola's father was a governor and was very rich,so he became rich with the influence of his father.
And I wasn't talking about yoruba families,i was refering to those south south families you mentioned. Most of them are from rich family,Lucky Igbenedion's father is rich,my mum told me how he became wealthy as a kid,he was a taxi driver and brought back the daughter of a white man to the father and he asked him for what he wants and he said his daughter,automatically,he became rich and later set up Okada airlines. I don't know Ben Bruce' brothers,i don't know Donald Duke's brothers the same way you don't know the brothers of those yorubas you mentioned,i don't know Nkpebures family at all
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by olokpa11(m): 10:26am On Aug 25, 2015
ladyF:
Lol but he doesn't drink, they said....
ruben abiati said he is not a drinker, does not mean he does not drink alcohol, don't quote ruben wrong pls. He said the only time he has seen the president drinking was during maybe a social gathering, and he rarely. Don't knw wht the bruhaha is all about.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by Sweetlemon(f): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2015
iamrealdeji:
Nope,Otedola's father was a governor and was very rich,so he became rich with the influence of his father.
And I wasn't talking about yoruba families,i was refering to those south south families you mentioned. Most of them are from rich family,Lucky Igbenedion's father is rich,my mum told me how he became wealthy as a kid,he was a taxi driver and brought back the daughter of a white man to the father and he asked him for what he wants and he said his daughter,automatically,he became rich and later set up Okada airlines. I don't know Ben Bruce' brothers,i don't know Donald Duke's brothers the same way you don't know the brothers of those yorubas you mentioned,i don't know Nkpebures family at all

Correction taken.

That's my point about SS families nau. They help themselves. It's more like family wealth and not individual wealth.
And the Duke I mentioned there are not Donald Duke's family. I'm referring to the Royal Duke family. Google "Duke Royal family in calabar"
You don't know Ben Bruce's brother's ke? You've not heard of Guy and Murray Bruce?
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by LRNZH(m): 10:37am On Aug 25, 2015
Lalasticlala, come and do the needful.

Abati like all wailers is a vagabond of truth. Wailers sebi una dey see am? Were talking 40℅ or more alcohol spirits here.
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by Rilwayne001: 10:45am On Aug 25, 2015
Drunking master grin grin

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by EasternLion: 10:54am On Aug 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Drunking master grin grin

Gay master shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by nigerianvenom(m): 10:58am On Aug 25, 2015
Sweetlemon:
90% of South South men who are not Pastors and over 40 years dey shack. Leave matter.

Proudly South South though. Repping "Oron "Nation. wink

Is it oro or oron nation?
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by Rilwayne001: 11:00am On Aug 25, 2015
EasternLion:

My useless father is Gay master shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by Sweetlemon(f): 11:20am On Aug 25, 2015
nigerianvenom:

Is it oro or oron nation?

It's Oron nation.
The language is called Oro while the geographical location is called Oron. But it can swing both ways.
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by iamrealdeji(m): 11:27am On Aug 25, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Correction taken.

That's my point about SS families nau. They help themselves. It's more like family wealth and not individual wealth.
And the Duke I mentioned there are not Donald Duke's family. I'm referring to the Royal Duke family. Google "Duke Royal family in calabar"
You don't know Ben Bruce's brother's ke? You've not heard of Guy and Murray Bruce?
nope,i've only heard of Ben Murray Bruce,the silverbird proprietor
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by Sweetlemon(f): 11:28am On Aug 25, 2015
iamrealdeji:

Ah. You no current be dat na. Google Guy Bruce and Murray Bruce.
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by IVORY2009(m): 11:41am On Aug 25, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Proudly South South though. Repping Oron Nation. wink

Abasse ugbom'
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by iamrealdeji(m): 1:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Correction taken.

Sweetlemon:

It's Oron nation.
The language is called Oro while the geographical location is called Oron. But it can swing both ways.
Sweetlemon:

It's Oron nation.
oro is a language in Nigeria? Oron ppl? Ive never heard it
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by iamrealdeji(m): 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2015
Sweetlemon:

current? Not that,maybe I find out about foreign celebs more,but honestly,the Guy is not popular,if he was,I wouldn't need to dig into Ben Bruce profile before I know his equally famous brother,and also,maybe it's because I don't know much about south south people,i never even know those you mentioned are from south south,i used to think they're Igbos
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by iamrealdeji(m): 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2015
Sweetlemon:

current? Not that,maybe I find out about foreign celebs more,but honestly,the Guy is not popular,if he was,I wouldn't need to dig into Ben Bruce profile before I know his equally famous brother,and also,maybe it's because I don't know much about south south people,i never even know those you mentioned are from south south,i used to think they're Igbos,we yorubas categorize those minority groups from that side as Igbos most times
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by homerac7: 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2015
iamrealdeji:
nope,i've only heard of Ben Murray Bruce,the silverbird proprietor oro is a language in Nigeria? Oron ppl? Ive never heard it

Oga, with this your quote above, please end the debate with her. You obviously don't know your own neighbourhood enough to engage on a debate about it.

iamrealdeji:
current? Not that,maybe I find out about foreign celebs more,but honestly,the Guy is not popular,if he was,I wouldn't need to dig into Ben Bruce profile before I know his equally famous brother,and also,maybe it's because I don't know much about south south people,i never even know those you mentioned are from south south,i used to think they're Igbos,we yorubas categorize those minority groups from that side as Igbos most times

You are so wrong ! Never generalize simply because you don't know much. That you stay among lowly exposes group does not make it true that the larger group does things same way. I have many youruba enough me that knew Isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw, "Calabar" (the common misnomer for Efik, Ibibio, Anang, Ekoi, Ejagham, Or on, and several other minorities along the SSE corridor) are different from "Igbo".

Son, I think you need to learn more about Nigeria than Americans you are watching on TV who don't know you and you have little ties with.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by iamrealdeji(m): 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
homerac7:

Oga, with this your quote above, please end the debate with her. You obviously don't know your own neighbourhood enough to engage on a debate about it.

You are so wrong ! Never generalize simply because you don't know much. That you stay among lowly exposes group does not make it true that the larger group does things same way. I have many youruba enough me that knew Isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw, "Calabar" (the common misnomer for Efik, Ibibio, Anang, Ekoi, Ejagham, Or on, and several other minorities along the SSE corridor) are different from "Igbo".

Son, I think you need to learn more about Nigeria than Americans you are watching on TV who don't know you and you have little ties with.
who told you so? I only read stuffs that interest me,i grew up being exposed to Foreign entertainments,Foreign celebs,foreign news and affairs etc I started researching about things that concern Nigeria recently and I get really interested in our politics,im sure i'll know more about Nigerian tribes in the nearest future,but it's not my fault cos I know much about what I've been exposed to since childhood,and don't get me wrong,my mum used to tell me about Nigerian politics as a kid,but way more of foreign affairs
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by homerac7: 9:24pm On Aug 25, 2015
iamrealdeji:
who told you so? I only read stuffs that interest me,i grew up being exposed to Foreign entertainments,Foreign celebs,foreign news and affairs etc I started researching about things that concern Nigeria recently and I get really interested in our politics,im sure i'll know more about Nigerian tribes in the nearest future,but it's not my fault cos I know much about what I've been exposed to since childhood,and don't get me wrong,my mum used to tell me about Nigerian politics as a kid,but way more of foreign affairs

Issokay o!

But just curiously, were you raised in Nigeria?
Re: Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event by nigerianvenom(m): 6:37am On Aug 26, 2015
Sweetlemon:

It's Oron nation.

Its "oro nation".oron is just a town I.e An LGA and nothing more.oro includes all five LGA that makes u the nation called "oro ".
Just like saying" eket nation",nothing of such exist cos eket is just an LGA but when referring to a nation which include the four LGA that makes up that nation,then u call it "ekid nation" or so.
Nothing like oron nation.

Then again,people are mostly referred to by their language,example a man from england can be referred to as "English",same goes to oron ,mbo,okobo,urue ofong which aswell can be referred to as an "oro man"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live / 19 Govs Shun Jang NGF Faction’s Meeting / Gboyega Nasir Isiaka Shares Chin-chin & Cake - Ogun Governorship ADC Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.