Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,385 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. (23225 Views)

Buhari Will Return To London To See Doctors - Presidency / Buhari Will Go Back To UK In Few Weeks Time For Follow-Up Treatment -SR / Nigeria has finished me!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by Wildrage: 11:25am On Aug 26, 2015
CSTR2:
The first thing i expect buhari to have done as someone who wants to set Nigeria permanently on the part of progress is to emit the body language of true federalism.
He is a fulani and so is in a position to restructure this country permanently without ruffling northern egos and feathers.
I expect him by now to begin to lobby the national assembly to begin a gradual transfer of economic powers to the state.
I expect him to begin to lobby critical solid mineral industrial giants to invest in the north.
Unfortuntely the signal we get from buhari is that of a core unitary govt advocate. He wants to control everything.
Nigeria will never be prosperous under this system of govt even if corruption reduce to zero.
There will always be gross under-utilization of resources by the center.
You are such a wise man, your summary of our malaise is quite succinct . No amount of political gyration can solve our socio/political problems unless we do the needful, restructure the country in a way that de-emphasis power at the centre, let every region develop at its own pace.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by Naijacitizen(m): 11:37am On Aug 26, 2015
eggheaderz:

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue Stop trying to be like me...... grin grin

Old nairalanders are resurrecting gradually.

Very soon, the politics section will become more interest and the chief attention seeker (or is he protector seeker?) Burial will announced.
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by SeverusSnape(m): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
Jascon4:
I hereby declare severusSnape the one and only antidote to the moniker that has been ravaging this thread.
Hahahaha... Funny you. grin
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by Jascon4: 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2015
eggheaderz:

I eggheaders have all the cures you need...... grin grin grin

cc

ARIZONA123

uniklinkum

gesundheit

Do you mean you are also an antidote to that moniker?
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Your stench oozes from a million miles away. Which slum do you live in?
The slum called the United States. My slum has constant electricity, good roads, jobs, security, health care and education.

What does your Paradise have?
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by SeverusSnape(m): 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
The slum called the United States. My slum has constant electricity, good roads, jobs, security, health care and education.

What does your Paradise have?
Shut that stinking latrine you call mouth.

Everyone is "somebody" in an online forum.

My paradise have everything sweet your slum will only dream of having.
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by donodion(m): 5:18pm On Aug 26, 2015
Gbawe:
I will stake my name and reputation on my assertion that Buhari, by far, will be the best President Nigeria has had since our current elective democracy began in 1999. I have stated it many times that the President to deliver Nigeria would be an ascetic, principled, immaterialistic and very strong-willed individual who genuinely loves all Nigerians and is ready to give his all to them.

All Nigerians should patriotically get behind Buhari because you have never had a President who care for you and is ready to do his best to make sure you have better lives more than this man. Already, the quality of his decision-making, appointments, boldness and strategizing is obvious. Even hardcore Jonathanians, Tandroids and unrepentant Buhari haters will be behind the man in a years time.

To Diasporan Nigerians.

One of my associates was Sunny Ofili who is now deceased.

http://www.theneighbourhoodonline.com/news/othernews/3074-ofili%E2%80%99s-death-%E2%80%98very-painful%E2%80%99-delta-state-govt.html

I mention him because he was an intelligent and patriotic individual who was always insisting I come home to to do my bit in making Nigeria better. I never took him seriously because of the character of the Presidents we have had since 1999. I.e OBJ, Yar Adua and Jonathan. I will certainly get involved now under Buhari and I urge all other Nigerians in the diaspora, with unique ideas and something to contribute, to consider taking a leap of faith. I won't ask you to leave your diasporan base but I want you to take a greater interest in the administration of Nigeria. I say this because most of my friends in the UK are completely apathetic about Nigeria and cynically disinterested in the prospect of a great Nigeria because "we have heard it all before". All diasporan Nigerians need to do is commit to observing how Buhari is leading Nigeria. If you then see revolutionary decisions and changes Nigeria has never witnessed before then consider going home to contribute your expertise and skills which will help build a Nigeria our children will be proud of.

To all Nigerians.
I think it can be said that "enough is enough" in the case of Nigeria. "Prehistoric" does not even properly quantify the conditions Nigerians live under. We will begin witnessing real change shortly. I urge all Nigerians who want our nation to be great to put sentiments aside. Embrace patriotism and optimism because real and quantifiable progress is here. It is the kind every Nigerians will see and feel. In the end my message is that we should give Buhari a chance and give him our support. I am fairly sure he will not let Nigerians down.
I concur.
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by g00dslayer: 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
uniklinkum:
[s]Laughable that a nitwits from the national association of houseboys and housegirls tribe trying so hard to get at the Yoruba race.

For a tribe known nationwide as cheap _slot with the worst accent ever known to mankind that's laughable.

These iddiiots don't even have any form of history, except as dog eating never do wells.

It's easy to know village confined idiots when his kinsmen are jostling for all despicable job duties in the southwest from farmers to houseboys and common 404 eatery operators.

it will take more than 400 zillion reincarnation for any zampion and yompion sounding iddiot to kiss the shoe of the Yoruba race.

Even with the highest allocation from the national treasure his cursed state is a rundown 1920-esque village outside their overrated state capital.

The only mention of your tribe in history, is the abolition of maiming innocent twin by Mary slessor cos your primitive fathers still think twins are taboo.

The only time your iddiiotic tribe ever get mentioned in nation news headlines is when you primitive idiiot kill and inflict bodily harms on children for witchcraft.

Your obnoxious and under Yoruba shoe tribe should only be classified with the nakked and wandering tribes in the Amazon.[/s]

Trash

cc

eggheaderz
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by eggheaderz(m): 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
g00dslayer:

Trash

cc

eggheaderz

why are you disturbing my mentions?

I gat rap lines mentored by Tupac & Mod 9....... grin grin You don't wana mess with this cat from Lautech.... grin

Check my profile and see. cheesy

cc

gesundheit

uniklinkum
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by ShowYourCertificate: 7:00am On Aug 28, 2015
okolochyke:

I guess he learnt the trade from you

Hypocrite

what happened to your showyourcertificate moniker?
Here I am cool. Miss me? grin
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by SleekMallam: 10:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
bump and grind

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by Dollyak(f): 10:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
SleekMallam:
bump and grind
Is it 2019 yet? Some of his leadership and actions has been questionable and bizarre but I wouldn't write him off just yet.
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by SleekMallam: 10:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
Dollyak:

Is it 2019 yet? Some of his leadership and actions has been questionable and bizarre but I wouldn't write him off just yet.
10 months and Buhari has reversed every gain made since 1960! let's see the gains he makes since the faaji budget holding him is now passed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by SleekMallam: 6:27am On Mar 24, 2016
donodion:
I concur.
Do you still concur?
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by donodion(m): 7:32am On Mar 24, 2016
SleekMallam:

Do you still concur?
It will not be an easy smooth journey, yet i believe the prospect the future hold for my fatherland with the war against corruption that has held us by the jugulars for decades.

So yes,i still concur Buharis government no matter how slow and sloppy could bring the change Nigeria and Nigerians need.
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by SleekMallam: 7:49am On Mar 24, 2016
donodion:

It will not be an easy smooth journey, yet i believe the prospect the future hold for my fatherland with the war against corruption that has held us by the jugulars for decades.

So yes,i still concur Buharis government no matter how slow and sloppy could bring the change Nigeria and Nigerians need.
He has roughly 3 years left to deliver. with the slow and sloppy body language of Buhari, how plausible is it to capture the change he promised and deliver the goods to Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by donodion(m): 7:55am On Mar 24, 2016
SleekMallam:

He has roughly 3 years left to deliver. with the slow and sloppy body language of Buhari, how plausible is it to capture the change he promised and deliver the goods to Nigerians?

It always seem impossible... until it is done!!!.
If PMB could deliver 50% of his campaign promise, with electricity restoration and.upgrade taking priority....my brother...he would add another 4 years to the remaining 3 insha Allah.
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by SleekMallam: 8:08am On Mar 24, 2016
donodion:

It always seem impossible... until it is done!!!.
If PMB could deliver 50% of his campaign promise, with electricity restoration and.upgrade taking priority....my brother...he would add another 4 years to the remaining 3 insha Allah.

If we both had a business deal with contracts signed out of which entails my traveling and faaji allowances are 116 billion naira alone excluding all other personal benefits of the job with an unlimited access to all the mineral, raw and human resources needed to get the job done and i come to deliver 50% against the agreed deal what wise business decisions would you take? sue me? ask for refunds or give me a pat with renewed improved contract?
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by donodion(m): 8:49am On Mar 24, 2016
SleekMallam:

If we both had a business deal with contracts signed out of which entails my traveling and faaji allowances are 116 billion naira alone excluding all other personal benefits of the job with an unlimited access to all the mineral, raw and human resources needed to get the job done and i come to deliver 50% against the agreed deal what wise business decisions would you take? sue me? ask for refunds or give me a pat with renewed improved contract?

Lol... i see where your logic is heading and i will answer accordingly;

As far as the " campaign manifestos" vis a vis the "contractual agreement a.k.a Project Change Nigeria" is concerned; The project timeline is still in effect and inconclusive yet.

Project timeline agreed is 4 years provided IF milestones are successfully achieved would earn another contract extension of additional 4 more years.

However in the course of execution, if you experience mitigating factors such as; production and delivery delay, strike actions, theft of materials (vandalism), surge or change in fiscal policies,naturql disaster,etc among many factors, it is imperative project timeframe and delivery would be affected thus the provision of "concession".

Your evidenced based arguement as provided by the mitigating factors,weighed in comparison with 'notable achievements' so far would determine if concessions would thus be given, (such as timeframe extension, budget adjustment,etc),be applaused or be subjected to penalties such as legal redress as contained in the contractual agreement.

Next poser bro.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by SleekMallam: 9:05am On Mar 24, 2016
donodion:

Lol... i see where your logic is heading and i will answer accordingly;

As far as the " campaign manifestos" vis a vis the "contractual agreement a.k.a Project Change Nigeria" is concerned; The project timeline is still in effect and inconclusive yet.

Project timeline agreed is 4 years provided IF milestones are successfully achieved would earn another contract extension of additional 4 more years.

However in the course of execution, if you experience mitigating factors such as; production and delivery delay, strike actions, theft of materials (vandalism), surge or change in fiscal policies,naturql disaster,etc among many factors, it is imperative project timeframe and delivery would be affected thus the provision of "concession".

Your evidenced based arguement as provided by the mitigating factors,weighed in comparison with 'notable achievements' so far would determine if concessions would thus be given, (such as timeframe extension, budget adjustment,etc),be applaused or be subjected to penalties such as legal redress as contained in the contractual agreement.

Next poser bro.
Maybe I should remind you that before the contracts were signed, flexibility studies were carried out and problems and challenges dismissed as not rocket science.

I showed good cause on how I'm the best man for the job and convinced you beyond reasonable doubt to dismiss your former contractor as clueless. I don't wish to remind you how I even covertly and overtly sabotaged your former contractor to be able to win you with hard evidences on the urgent need to disgrace and dismiss him. Would there still be basis for concessions based on these revelations? Do I even have the moral right to ask for one?
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by donodion(m): 9:38am On Mar 24, 2016
SleekMallam:

Maybe I should remind you that before the contracts were signed, flexibility studies were carried out and problems and challenges dismissed as not rocket science.

I showed good cause on how I'm the best man for the job and convinced you beyond reasonable doubt to dismiss your former contractor as clueless. I don't wish to remind you how I even covertly and overtly sabotaged your former contractor to be able to win you with hard evidences on the urgent need to disgrace and dismiss him. Would there still be basis for concessions based on these revelations? Do I even have the moral right to ask for one?

double post
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by donodion(m): 9:38am On Mar 24, 2016
SleekMallam:

Of course no.It would be totally unrealistic for you to even consider a request for concession based on inability to meet up as per the expectations, provided all avenues to effect amendment and adjustments,appeal,alternate,re-strategise and overcome pressing issues have been exhaustively utilized withing the assigned timeframe.

This was where the previous administration(s) goofed.
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by SleekMallam: 9:48am On Mar 24, 2016
donodion:

Of course no.It would be totally unrealistic for you to even consider a request for concession based on inability to meet up as per the expectations, provided all avenues to effect amendment and adjustments,appeal,alternate,re-strategise and overcome pressing issues have been exhaustively utilized withing the assigned timeframe.

This was where the previous administration(s) goofed.
I think we have good understanding. The idea is to not relax but keep the heat on the current contractor to deliver all promises. no option of easy walk aways. The mistakes of yesterdays shouldn't be repeated and if at the end of the day 70-80% is delivered it would be a pass mark for the contractor and benefit to the masses.

I believe if we are to keep up with demanding such standards from contractors that Nigeria will make appreciable progress in the next 25-50 years.
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by ocelot2006(m): 9:57am On Mar 24, 2016
CLUELESS. INCOMPETENCY. HELPLESS. All wrapped in one Daura bag.

WORST. PRESIDENT. EVER

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by Standing5(m): 10:19am On Mar 24, 2016
uniklinkum:
The administration still have some teething problem as a result of the complete run down of the system by previous administration. But one can see the desire and zeal to get the nation back on track by the current administration. The noisemakers are just bunch of losers whose drunkard Lord was sent to otueke at the last polls.
You nailed it. You av a nice one-strike nailing there bros.
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by donodion(m): 10:33am On Mar 24, 2016
SleekMallam:

I think we have good understanding. The idea is to not relax but keep the heat on the current contractor to deliver all promises. no option of easy walk aways. The mistakes of yesterdays shouldn't be repeated and if at the end of the day 70-80% is delivered it would be a pass mark for the contractor and benefit to the masses.

I believe if we are to keep up with demanding such standards from contractors that Nigeria will make appreciable progress in the next 25-50 years.

Absolutely bro.I concur with your position on this 110%.
If PMBs government would dismally fail to deliver and have no solid, cogent reasons to justify their inability to move us as a nation forward, then he have no business sitting on that seat. The unrelenting constructive criticism to keep the government on their toes, i would never fault.

Presiding over the affairs of Nigerian states with our monumental polluted system will never be a walk in the park.It will be take focus, hardcore guts ,and unflinching honest resolution to put us right and set the nation straight.

If late Proff.Akunyili (RIP) could set a high level precedence over the affairs of NAFDAC,whoever would sadddle the leadership and administration of that unit be ready for one helluva a ride.
Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by SleekMallam: 10:49am On Mar 24, 2016
donodion:

Absolutely bro.I concur with your position on this 110%.
If PMBs government would dismally fail to deliver and have no solid, cogent reasons to justify their inability to move us as a nation forward, then he have no business sitting on that seat. The unrelenting constructive criticism to keep the government on their toes, i would never fault.

Presiding over the affairs of Nigerian states with our monumental polluted system will never be a walk in the park.It will be take focus, hardcore guts ,and unflinching honest resolution to put us right and set the nation straight.

If late Proff.Akunyili (RIP) could set a high level precedence over the affairs of NAFDAC,whoever would sadddle the leadership and administration of that unit be ready for one helluva a ride.

I love Prof Dora to a fault! no apologies to her husband. May her sweet soul continue to rest in peace.

My good friend, one ticking time bomb facing us as a nation are the implications of failure of APC and Buhari to deliver tangible promised change. How do you think the electorates would react going to queue to vote come 2019 if APC fails? it's on record that the last election brought out people who before now never believed in our electoral processes. I saw noble men and women queue in the sun and made sacrifices cos of the confidence and urgent need for change against what used to be. what has changed? what is going to change?

The masses might feel our electoral processes ain't good enough to birth change and might resign to fate thereby adjudicate governance to touts, agberos and what have you to elect and select their fellows or, the masses might revolt and pull and collapse the whole system revolution wise.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by UyiIredia(m): 11:58am On Jan 24, 2018
Gbawe:
I will stake my name and reputation on my assertion that Buhari, by far, will be the best President Nigeria has had since our current elective democracy began in 1999. I have stated it many times that the President to deliver Nigeria would be an ascetic, principled, immaterialistic and very strong-willed individual who genuinely loves all Nigerians and is ready to give his all to them.

All Nigerians should patriotically get behind Buhari because you have never had a President who care for you and is ready to do his best to make sure you have better lives more than this man. Already, the quality of his decision-making, appointments, boldness and strategizing is obvious. Even hardcore Jonathanians, Tandroids and unrepentant Buhari haters will be behind the man in a years time.

To Diasporan Nigerians.

One of my associates was Sunny Ofili who is now deceased.

http://www.theneighbourhoodonline.com/news/othernews/3074-ofili%E2%80%99s-death-%E2%80%98very-painful%E2%80%99-delta-state-govt.html

I mention him because he was an intelligent and patriotic individual who was always insisting I come home to to do my bit in making Nigeria better. I never took him seriously because of the character of the Presidents we have had since 1999. I.e OBJ, Yar Adua and Jonathan. I will certainly get involved now under Buhari and I urge all other Nigerians in the diaspora, with unique ideas and something to contribute, to consider taking a leap of faith. I won't ask you to leave your diasporan base but I want you to take a greater interest in the administration of Nigeria. I say this because most of my friends in the UK are completely apathetic about Nigeria and cynically disinterested in the prospect of a great Nigeria because "we have heard it all before". All diasporan Nigerians need to do is commit to observing how Buhari is leading Nigeria. If you then see revolutionary decisions and changes Nigeria has never witnessed before then consider going home to contribute your expertise and skills which will help build a Nigeria our children will be proud of.

To all Nigerians.
I think it can be said that "enough is enough" in the case of Nigeria. "Prehistoric" does not even properly quantify the conditions Nigerians live under. We will begin witnessing real change shortly. I urge all Nigerians who want our nation to be great to put sentiments aside. Embrace patriotism and optimism because real and quantifiable progress is here. It is the kind every Nigerians will see and feel. In the end my message is that we should give Buhari a chance and give him our support. I am fairly sure he will not let Nigerians down.

Well he can can try to whitewash his reputation now. But he isn't talking though doubtless he pops in now and then.

When he's back I will be around to reply.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by youngies(m): 12:40pm On Jan 24, 2018
There should be no reputation left in Gbawe in this regard, the least he can do now get is damage control.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by naijaboy756: 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2018
GBAWE, Prohet of Doom, BAAL and Ashera. Buhari is Nigeria worst president

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by pcicero(m): 5:40pm On Jan 24, 2018
Human memories may be short; but the internet never forgets. Pcicero 2017.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Be The Best President Nigeria Has Had Post 1999. by nku5: 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2018
No wonder Gbawe has fled NL make Wailers no chop am raw grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Crisis Rocks Kogi PDP As Three Aspirant Set To Be Disqualified / How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? / PDP Presidential Campaign Live In Jigawa Sai Atiku 16 February 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.