Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:39 AM

Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness (26233 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2015
blackmantis:
@MzNelly what you quoted earlier about 1925 was part of the reason for the Wt Jan 1,2013.

Jehovah's Witnesses as you know always strive to stick to Bible in their worship and in their way of life.

There are many cases of individuals who were once drug addicts, prostitues, thieves murderers drunkards violent etc whose encounter with the witnesses changed their lives.

This change couldn't just happen by mans power.

Besides there are many reports of native doctors , one of which I personally witnessed trying to use charms against witnesses but it failed and instead backfired.

Some things have to be refined yes but in Gods due time.

I honestly love, adore and respect the Witnesses for their deep research of the scriptures. I also love the way you defend your faith. It speaks a lot.
I love their morals and everything they stand for. I hold nothing against them.

But seriously, this belief of them being the "truth", "God's organization", "God's channel"(in spite of their mistakes) and the only ones that God will save at Armageddon is really sickening.

Also the hidden sexual abuse cases and the hypocrisy in the use of blood is just too much.

Listen, believe in whatever rocks your boat. Hold it close to your heart, you hear?
Because trust me, you do not want to find yourself in my shoes---more confused and hurt than I have ever been in my life.

Thanks.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by blackmantis: 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

I honestly love, adore and respect the Witnesses for their deep research of the scriptures. I also love the way you defend your faith. It speaks a lot.

But seriously, this belief of them being the "truth", "God's organization", "God's channel"(in spite of their mistakes) and the only ones that God will save at Armageddon is really sickening.

Also the hidden sexual abuse cases and the hypocrisy in the use of blood is just too much.

Listen, believe in whatever rocks your boat. Hold it close to your heart, you hear?
Because trust me, you do not want to find yourself in my shoes---more confused and hurt than I have ever been in my life.

Thanks.

I've been there but this scripture helped me
Rom 3:3,4
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
blackmantis:

I've been there but this scripture helped me
Rom 3:3,4

Thank you. smiley
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by blackmantis: 6:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

Thank you. smiley
You're welcome
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by firestar(f): 6:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
kITATITA:

Firestar, I have to commend you on efforts to shape our mainly youthful members through the promotion of arts and writing. I did send you a pm sometime wanting to contribute but got no response. Kudos

You did?!
When!!!? shocked
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
firestar:

You did?!
When!!!? shocked
Been about a month. Check your dm
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly dearie, I saw this thread from the onset, just been too busy and held up with so much work, that's why I couldn't really have the time to comment. I'll still contribute, but for now, just wanna congratulate you for coming out from that cult-like organization-yea cult! But I will advise that the state you are in right now, be careful so you don't get confused about God's things and also, don't let any church or group decide for you, what to think or know about God-the bible is there for you. Keep calm gurl. Cheers!
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 30, 2015
EmmaFantastic:
MzNelly dearie, I saw this thread from the onset, just been too busy and held up with so much work, that's why I couldn't really have the time to comment. I'll still contribute, but for now, just wanna congratulate you for coming out from that cult-like organization-yea cult! But I will advise that the state you are in right now, be careful so you don't get confused about God's things and also, don't let any church or group decide for you, what to think or know about God-the bible is there for you. Keep calm gurl. Cheers!

Wow

A cult? You seem to know so much. Share with me, lol

Yeah sure, I won't let anyone decide for you. The Bible is my bestie now.

Stay cool too. smiley
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 6:03pm On Aug 31, 2015
MzNelly:

Cats:

Show me the word "C.A.T" in the bible ?

Were worshiped as Gods in Egypt
Are never spoken of favourably in the Bible
Are never listed as being owned by righteous men of old
Are unclean animals, by the definition given to Noah

I'll be waiting for the Organization to tell you guys to stop owning cats.

Show me where the Cats are spoken of as evil in the bible ? Infact , show me the word C.A.T itself from the bible ?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
MzNelly:

Why can't you marry a non-witness?

Let me tell you the experience of a friend when he tried wooing one very cute JW girl , he kept on asking the girl out but the girl stands on her feet . So the friend ask one day : " hey , why arent you giving me a chance at all" the girl replied : " because the scripture told me to marry in the Lord " . AS a smart guy he quickly replied : " baby , am also in the Lord , am a christian like you" . Guess the girls reply ?

She said : " if you are truly in the Lord , why are you not also preaching the goodnews of God's Kingdom commanded by our Lord Jesus ?" . Thats does it , the friend didnt know anything about God's Kingdom how will he preach it . Infact thank God for her genuine faith , the purpose of which this guy woo her is to have s.ex with her and dump her .

My point : someone in the lord is not just a churchgoer but one who is ready to do everything that Jesus Commands which include preaching the goodnews of Gods Kingdom as stated in matthew 24:14

Your conscience bears witness regarding those who are preaching the goodnews of Gods Kingdom on earth Today .
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by dolphinheart(m): 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Thanks.

Has anyone giving you any bible based truth contrary to the one you learnt before.?
Have you found an organization you feel is good enough to help ur search for the truth ?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by paulGrundy(m): 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2015
dolphinheart:

Has anyone giving you any bible based truth contrary to the one you learnt before.?
Have you found an organization you feel is good enough to help ur search for the truth ?

Pardon me, but Jesus never prescribed any organization as the sole channel of the truth. He called himself the truth! John14:6.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
MzNelly:

JW for how long?was born in the 'truth'

How strong were you in the faith?never was...buh was pressured by my parents to get batized
..at age 10!...

What made you swerve?swerve from JW or from religion as a whole?...

Do you truly believe there is no God?there's no GOD! If a perfect God with the capability to create a
perfect world exists, and has desire for us to be in a perfect world, we would have been there already.
He wouldn't need to run a weird test of which
results he already know....
Lol My parents don't know that I'm an atheist and
they are trying to make me a very religious
person. I never get liver to tell them
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
i used to be christian but the older and more i learn, i believe it less and less. i dont believe at all ...

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by dolphinheart(m): 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2015
paulGrundy:

Pardon me, but Jesus never prescribed any organization as the sole channel of the truth. He called himself the truth! John14:6.

Did I personally say to you or anyone on this thread that jesus prescribed or named an organization as the sole channel of the truth ?

Pls tell ,Who today does this work : mat 24: 3, 45-51 .

Was the work done through individuals, an organization or organizations during the time of the apostles. ?
Acts 2:42 , acts 8:14 , acts 15:1,2 6-21 .

Pls do tell her names of organization(s) in which you receive the word of God. Or dnt you associate with an organization? If you do pls tell the op on this thread.

Are you happy with her stance now? If not, pls tell her on this thread what she should do.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
RomanZeus:

Lol My parents don't know that I'm an atheist and
they are trying to make me a very religious
person. I never get liver to tell them

Lol

Why?

Please tell them and gist me cheesy cheesy
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
Y'all are still on my deek sha .... Na wa o
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Lol
Why?
Please tell them and gist me cheesy cheesy
Nah..I'm just scared lol What bout you?..'Re your parents aware?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 01, 2015
RomanZeus:

Nah..I'm just scared lol
What bout you?..'Re your parents aware?

No
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Ubenedictus(m): 6:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
iamSi:
His name is Jehovah as recorded in Ps. 83:18
the name Jehovah is a mistranslation, this has been discussed so many times on nl. The name Is Yahweh.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ubenedictus:
the name Jehovah is a mistranslation, this has been discussed so many times on nl. The name Is Yahweh.

Actually it's YHWH
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
dolphinheart:

1. Yes.

2. No, and I don't think any would.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by iamSi(m): 6:48pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ok
Ubenedictus:
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Ubenedictus(m): 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Actually it's YHWH
those are the consonants for the name since the hebrew text had no vowels. The question is, what are the correct vowels? where did the "jehovah" vowels come from?

Those are the questions that the jw society will not answer.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Ubenedictus(m): 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2015
MzNelly:
Muphasar11, I know there is a God. And I know there is Jesus too. And I know this God personally as well.

What I don't seem too grasp is why religions paint him in a horrific way?
Why can't we all love and serve God without any punishment at the back of our minds? Beats me.

probably because punishment in there in the scriptures. It doesn't matter which interpretation you cloth scripture with you will still see punishment in scripture.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Ubenedictus(m): 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Thanks a lot.
I appreciate it.

We claim to love and serve God.

But without the fear of hell or the prospect of eternal life, would we still remain His servants.

fine question!
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ubenedictus:

probably because punishment in there in the scriptures. It doesn't matter which interpretation you cloth scripture with you will still see punishment in scripture.

"Serve me or die" embarassed embarassed embarassed

Ubenedictus:
those are the consonants for the name since the hebrew text had no vowels. The question is, what are the correct vowels? where did the "jehovah" vowels come from?
Those are the questions that the jw society will not answer.

E tire me o, my brother embarassed
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Ubenedictus(m): 7:23pm On Sep 01, 2015
Jozzy4:

Lol , am not J.W but I got alot of respect for them . Unlike other so - called Christians , they remove those wicked one from their midst sharply .

have u ever read d bible? There are so many parables, wheat and tares, etc, but they make clear we will always have the "wicked" ones around, it is not our work to pull out the weed. Leave that for the last day.

There can be reasons for "excommunication, disfellowship" but Christianity was never a community of the sinless, it has always been a hospital for sinners.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by paulGrundy(m): 8:11pm On Sep 01, 2015
dolphinheart:

Did I personally say to you or anyone on this thread that jesus prescribed or named an organization as the sole channel of the truth ?

Pls tell ,Who today does this work : mat 24: 3, 45-51 .

Never knew FDS were 2000+ years old cheesy

Was the work done through individuals, an organization or organizations during the time of the apostles. ?
Acts 2:42 , acts 8:14 , acts 15:1,2 6-21

Even the apostles never claimed to be the link to the truth, or claimed that they have salvation.

Salvation was ascribed to JESUS only Acts 4:12

Pls do tell her names of organization(s) in which you receive the word of God. Or dnt you associate with an organization? If you do pls tell the op on this thread.

Are you happy with her stance now? If not, pls tell her on this thread what she should do.

That's the problem with you folks is that you are erronoesly trained to believe that an organization will interprete scripture for you, my bible tells me that the spirit reveals the deep things of God, not any watchtower or organization.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ubenedictus:
have u ever read d bible? There are so many parables, wheat and tares, etc, but they make clear we will always have the "wicked" ones around, it is not our work to pull out the weed. Leave that for the last day.

There can be reasons for "excommunication, disfellowship" but Christianity was never a community of the sinless, it has always been a hospital for sinners.

Just admit the underlined !
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Ubenedictus(m): 8:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
Jozzy4:
@ MzNelly

REPLY to Your Assumptions

Asumption 1: buliding place of worship , your point is with this baseless , simply bcoz in the scriptures the isrealites built a place of worship which they called synagogue or temple .

Assumption 2: wedding anniversary : there is nothing wrong with this bcoz wedding itself is biblical , there is reference to righteous people attending wedding ceremony e.g Jesus , (compare marriage of the lamb ) .

REPLY to your copy and paste

The author of your copy and paste present two cases that are EXTREMELY WEAK .

1) Dogs ----- lady , do i have to remind you that we have reference to a righteous man that owns dogs cheesy , Read Job 30:1

2) Eye Paint ------ Lady , go and tell the author of your copy and paste that a righteous man named his daughter after eye paint . Job named his third Daughter KEREN HAPPUCH which means " horn of eye paint"

BUT YOU CANT FIND ANY RIGHTEOUS MAN IN BIBLE TIMES CELEBRATING BIRTHDAYS, can you give any example ?

lol

you don't celebrate birthdays because there is no biblical injuction for it? Common dear what did Paul teach concernin the observance of days.

You guys need to take it easy you have left the doctrines of the Lord and u are pursueing traditions. Observance of days does not make a man a sinner wether it is birthday or anniversary e.t.c, a Christian should know this. You mentioned some early Christians didn't celebrate birthdays are you aware they celebrated death days and "rebirth" days. While other didn't even care.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Ubenedictus(m): 9:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
paulGrundy:

Jesus did prescribe a few people as "a channel"/"channels" of his truth, I believe he called them the apostles, originally they were 12, his words like "he who hears you hears me", "i am sending you..." etc, still rings in my ears, these guys taught people of what they have recieve and went further to teach trustworthy men who can teach others and commissioned them by the laying of hands.

These were a channel/channels of proclaiming the relevation of the divine.

Whether you'll call these group of people who share similar ideas and are committed to similar purpose "an organisation" is a issue I'll leave to you discreetion.

Whether the watchtower is a "descendant" of these "trustworthy men" who were given charge to teach and lead the people called by the Lord is a totally different matter!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Apostle Suleman’s Private Jet / Apostle Suleman Fires Back At Critics Of Dollar Splash On Twitter / 7 Types Of People That didn't Go To Church Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.