Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness (25583 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by smexy(m): 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2015
MzNelly:

Cos I wasn't looking for answers.
I see...
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by smexy(m): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
MzNelly:

Cos I wasn't looking for answers.
I see... Am not that gullible, I sensed the naivety in your post
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by johnydon22(m): 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
smexy:
if a God is non-existent, why the fuss?
You guys I mean atheists show up on every thread about religion asking questions just to reaffirm yourself that you're on track. Let the docile ones be.... Is it that difficult?
Atheists who attack every thread (Tho i don't comment on every thread) are there not to reassure themselves of their position but to instill and infuse reason and questions.

Religions thrive on dogmas that should never be questioned, these ones are there to bring up that question and surely get any right mind to think. These ones are there to place your beliefs into scrutiny or as usual you want to shield your beliefs from healthy scrutiny?

Only a lie would shy away from that and since you are sure of your religion, don't worry about them atheists you have absolutely nothing to fear isn't it.. wink

If you're so sure of the path you've chosen, you should have peace. if you ask me, people standing on a shaky pedestal are those who FAQS
[b]Yes of course if everyone including you kept their beliefs to themselves they wouldn't be people refuting them.

christians don't discuss Allah because they don't believe in it ?

Christians don't come to preach to me about their religion that i don't believe
in.?

Neither do Christians threaten me with fire if i fail to believe.?

christian don't pour out their beliefs here on NL?

Christians don't open threads about atheists and tell them they are going to burn?

christians dont make loud noises with bands every day and
midnight .?

Do they come to buses and sing their religion into my ears?

Do Christians burn shrines and discuss pegan Gods that they don't believe in?

Do Christians make young minds to study their religion in primary schools?

Do Christians call you a demon and anti-christ for not believing their religion.

Do they chastise other religions and discuss their Gods telling them their
God is the wrong one even when they don't believe in their God?

Isn't it hypocritical that you are here trying to beg others to leave your religion alone but at the same time wants to be given right to pour your religion and beliefs on others?

Why should you be allowed to do these only to cry foul when someone retaliates by placing your beliefs under scrutiny and argument?

Why should you pour out lethal mythologies on the public and expect MEMBERS OF THIS POPULACE who know these as myths not to refute them?

You see?

When you learn to keep your religion to yourself, you won't have to worry about people who will refute it because they won't be any. . .Until then all you can do is enjoy the arguments because am sure i do.. smiley
[/b]

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by smexy(m): 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2015
johnydon22:
Atheists who attack every thread (Tho i don't comment on every thread) are there not to reassure themselves of their position but to instill and infuse reason and questions.

Religions strive on dogmas that should never be questioned, these ones are there to bring up that question and surely get any right mind to think. These ones are there to place your beliefs into scrutiny or as usual you want to shield your beliefs from healthy scrutiny?

Only a lie would shy away from that and since you are sure of your religion, don't worry about them atheists you have absolutely nothing to fear isn't it.. wink

[b]Yes of course if everyone including you kept their beliefs to themselves they wouldn't be people refuting them.

christians don't discuss Allah because they don't believe in it ?

Christians don't come to preach to me about their religion that i don't believe
in.?

Neither do Christians threaten me with fire if i fail to believe.?

christian don't pour out their beliefs here on NL?

Christians don't open threads about atheists and tell them they are going to burn?

christians dont make loud noises with bands every day and
midnight .?

Do they come to buses and sing their religion into my ears?

Do Christians burn shrines and discuss pegan Gods that they don't believe in?

Do Christians make young minds to study their religion in primary schools?

Do Christians call you a demon and anti-christ for not believing their religion.

Do they chastise other religions and discuss their Gods telling them their
God is the wrong one even when they don't believe in their God?

Isn't it hypocritical that you are here trying to beg others to leave your religion alone but at the same time wants to be given right to pour your religion and beliefs on others?

Why should you be allowed to do these only to cry foul when someone retaliates by placing your beliefs under scrutiny and argument?

Why should you pour out lethal mythologies on the public and expect MEMBERS OF THIS POPULACE who know these as myths not to refute them?

You see?

When you learn to keep your religion to yourself, you won't have to worry about people who will refute it because they won't be any. . .Until then all you can do is enjoy the arguments because am sure i do.. smiley
[/b]
hypocritical? Really?? I don't know who you refer to as Christians but I for one don't consider everyone carrying Bible or going to church or choosing Christianity as his/her religion on a drop down list when filling a form of some sort on net as a Christian.
What instigated the name 'Christian' back in Antioch was because jesus' followers acted like he did.
Anything outside Christ is rubbish and the Jesus I know is the quintessence of love.. Yes love.
One unbeliever who understood this was mahatma gandhi he said 'I love Christ, I hate Christians because they are unlike christ' why am I even explaining this an atheist? Anyways

Young minds were also taught Islam and Nigerian traditions in their respective primary schools, Considering their backgrounds..... So don't make it sound as if Christianity was imposed on them toddlers.

Finally! I also believe every assertion or claim is subject to scrutiny. Atheists aren't asking those questions to illuminate anyone.. It's like mznelly said, they are troubled.
I've found Jesus, my soul is presently at rest..
You chose atheism, I expect yours also to be at rest.
This is simply what I was trying to pass across. I was not soliciting your backing off from debating with believers, all am saying is the questions are emanating from a troubled soul.. That's one fact i know for sure you will never admit, Just like an insane folk would never admit his insanity... Enough said....
Peace.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
smexy:
I see...
Am not that gullible, I sensed the naivety in your post

Good for you.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
smexy:
hypocritical? Really?? I don't know who you refer to as Christians but I for one don't consider everyone carrying Bible or going to church or choosing Christianity as his/her religion on a drop down list when filling a form of some sort on net as a Christian.
What instigated the name 'Christian' back in Antioch was because jesus' followers acted like he did.
Anything outside Christ is rubbish and the Jesus I know is the quintessence of love.. Yes love.
One unbeliever who understood this was mahatma gandhi he said 'I love Christ, I hate Christians because they are unlike christ' why am I even explaining this an atheist? Anyways

Young minds were also taught Islam and Nigerian traditions in their respective primary schools, Considering their backgrounds..... So don't make it sound as if Christianity was imposed on them toddlers.

Finally! I also believe every assertion or claim is subject to scrutiny. Atheists aren't asking those questions to illuminate anyone.. It's like mznelly said, they are troubled.
I've found Jesus, my soul is presently at rest
You chose atheism, I expect yours also to be at rest.
This is simply what I was trying to pass across. I was not soliciting your backing off from debating with believers, all am saying is the questions are emanating from a troubled soul.. That's one fact i know for sure you will never admit, Just like an insane folk would never admit his insanity... Enough said....
Peace.

@bolded: You're doing the same thing you accused him of-attacking a religion contrary to yours.

@purple: His soul looks pretty "at rest" to me.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by smexy(m): 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
MzNelly:

Good for you.
Well, my advice is you meet a mature believer in your area, that won't cut you off.
Remember! People never crumble in a day. It's a slow fade.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 20, 2015
smexy:
Well, my advice is you meet a mature believer in your area, that won't cut you off.
Remember! People never crumble in a day. It's a slow fade.

No, I'm good.

I know what I want now.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by smexy(m): 4:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
MzNelly:

@bolded: You're doing the same thing you accused him of-attacking a religion contrary to yours.

@purple: His soul looks pretty "at rest" to me.
honestly I wouldn't have responded if it was someone else. the bolded simple meant anybody claiming to be Christian, and Is living outside Christ ways is not a Christian. I thought the sentence prior to bolded cleared the ground for the bolded.

At purple,
Well, it clearly depends on your definition of rest..
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by smexy(m): 5:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
smexy:
mznelly am interested in having a conversation with you, that's if you wouldn't mind. Like verbally

Surely.

Email me.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by smexy(m): 6:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
MzNelly:

Surely.

Email me.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by daxlasaint(m): 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
First off I belive that God has NO religion... humans created religion as a means to control the masses. And it has succeeded in doing just that for thousands of yrs.

I dated a J wit and we broke up not cos the love died ( she still loves me more than 10 yrs later) but because after trying so hard to become one I finally had to admit to myself and her that I cudnt accept JW teachings and therefore couldn't become a witness.

Even my Elder sis who was a staunch JW left the society after yrs of defending a faith she no longer belived in. Religion as practised by mankind boxes us in and narrows our view and way of life.

True religion in my own opinion is the peace between you and your chosen God, even if all others label you a pagan for beliving in said way oof life it still all boils down to wether you find peace. In your fellowship with said deity or god(s).

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 14, 2015
Hey Mznelly, great decision you made.

Can you imagine that no JW came for my mum's burial just because Family insisted that will handle it themselves?

It was so disheartening, after all the years she spent with them. Am sure, in death she regretted joining JW.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 14, 2015
Trendyprince:
Hey Mznelly, great decision you made.

Can you imagine that no JW came for my mum's burial just because Family insisted that will handle it themselves?

It was so disheartening, after all the years she spent with them. Am sure, in death she regretted joining JW.

If you leave them, they hate you.

And it's so sad cos love has no conditions.

I'm sorry about your Mom.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 14, 2015
MzNelly:

If you leave them, they hate you.

And it's so sad cos love has no conditions.

I'm sorry about your Mom.

Thanks dear.....I have since moved on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
How do we pm?
We need to talk ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2015
hoes69getwifed:
How do we pm?
We need to talk ASAP.

I sent you an email... Reply
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by JudeNzemeks(m): 8:10am On Jan 31, 2016
MzNelly:
If you're not in support of what I have written, at least counter my points with equally reasonable ones.

This is not about immorality, don't be ridiculous.

Dare to think. To think outside the box. To question your faith, even just once.
And if you're scared to do so, ask yourself why.

You're not a robot.

I just wish all religious indoctrination/dogma will stop. People can't even think these days!
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 31, 2016
JudeNzemeks:

I just wish all religious indoctrination/dogma will stop. People can't even think these days!

They can think, they just refuse to.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

German Parents Not Allowed To Name Their Child Lucifer / Girl & Her Aunt Tortured By Elders In Akwa Ibom Over Witchcraft Accusation (Pic) / Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.