Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,836 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness (25504 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by HIDDENSECRECY: 2:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

http://www.jwfacts.com/

Enjoy and thank me later.

MzNelly

Yea, have seen that and many more.

Its hard for JW's to believe that all voluntary contributions made to the society are used to fight lots of legal cases.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
HIDDENSECRECY:

Yea, have seen that and many more.

Its hard for JW's to believe that all voluntary contributions made to the society are used to fight lots of legal cases.

https://news.vice.com/article/more-than-1000-jehovahs-witnesses-have-been-accused-of-child-sex-abuse-in-australia-and-police-never-knew

https://www.revealnews.org/article/jehovahs-witnesses-use-1st-amendment-to-hide-child-sex-abuse-claims/

A government inquiry underway in Australia has revealed that more than 1,000 members of the Jehovah's Witness Church there have been accused of child sexual abuse since 1950 — yet none of them have ever been reported to the police.

Feast your eyes, people.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by blackmantis: 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

If God could lie or be deceived, if he could deceive or act in any sort of unkind way, God would not be omnipotent because this sort of behavior is not worthy of an omnipotent being.

Those who were deceived was because they failed to accept the truth.
Maybe you should re read the paragraph below.

God sends a lying spirit (1 Kings 22:22) - “And the Lord said to him, ‘How?’ And he said, ‘I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ Then He said, ‘You are to entice him and also prevail. Go and do so.'"

The question is, why would the source of your so called moral code send a deceiving spirit to a person? How would you prove false a person who lies and claims God sent a lying spirit into him and that was why he lied.

Numbers 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie;…"

1 Samuel 15:29 "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent (change his mind): for he is not a man, that he should repent (change his mind)."

Why then did he changed his mind about lying?

Reading 1Kings 22:8,12-23 clearly puts the event in proper perspective..

King Ahab had lost Gods favour because of his unrighteousness and was now seeking Gods direction to go out and fight against the Syrians at Ramoth Gillead.
The Prophet first told him what he wanted to hear....that he will succeed vs15 but later prophesied to him the truth which he did not believe anyway and everything Prophet Micaiah said came to pass.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
blackmantis:

Reading 1Kings 22:8,12-23 clearly puts the event in proper perspective..

King Ahab had lost Gods favour because of his unrighteousness and was now seeking Gods direction to go out and fight against the Syrians at Ramoth Gillead.
The Prophet first told him what he wanted to hear....that he will succeed vs15 but later prophesied to him the truth which he did not believe anyway and everything Prophet Micaiah said came to pass.

What perspective are you talking about? Is this the junction where you tell me I need the holy spirit to understand the bible?

Or are you now claiming God didnt send a lying spirit as opposed in 1 Kings 22:22?

Concerning this

If God could lie or be deceived, if he could deceive or act in any sort of unkind way, God would not be omnipotent because this sort of behavior is not worthy of an omnipotent being.

Has this ever occurred to you that the above betrays the logic of a perfect and omnipresent biblical god?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by blackmantis: 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

What perspective are you talking about? Is this the junction where you tell me I need the holy spirit to understand the bible?

Or are you now claiming God didnt send a lying spirit as opposed in 1 Kings 22:22?

Concerning this

Has this ever occurred to you that the above betrays the logic of a perfect and omnipresent biblical god?
That is where you get it wrong.

God is not a robot.
His actions are not and can never be based on human logic.

For example Read Ezekiel 33:13-16 from a human standpoint you may say why should God say one thing then do another.
But it goes to show His matchless wisdom and sense of Justice.

His standards do not change and cannot be explained by faulty human logic.
That is why His perfection is beyond human comprehension.
GOD NEVER LIES
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
HIDDENSECRECY:

Is there any scriptural injunction for celebrating "Anniversary"?

It actually depends on the purpose of such anniversary , an example of an aniversary is the isrealites Anniversary every Nissan 14 each year . To make them remember how God saved them out of the land of egypt ( Exodus 13:3,4)

Case in point Our Kingdom Ministry Aug 2014 "Celebrating 100yrs of Kingdom Rule" ()

Of course the prophetic dream in Daniel 4: 4-17 is CONNECTED WITH GODS RULE OVER MANKIND ( daniel 4:17 ) , after scriptural analysis , the evidence points to 1914 C.E . A significant year in the history of mankind . World war 1 bears witness to the authenticity of that date .
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2015
[quote author=Jozzy4 post=37490451]
i thought you gonna give me scripture , but All I see in your post is emotion .
And is there a scriptural injunction that tells you to celebrate your date of birth?

We do not need the Bible to sanction birthdays for them to be acceptable, anymore than a range of matters not covered in the Bible. The Bible does not state that wedding anniversaries are acceptable, but that does not make them wrong. It does not state to build kingdom halls; in fact early Christians met in homes, but that does not make kingdom halls unchristian. The Bible does not give authority to eat dessert and condemns gluttony, yet this does not imply dessert is wrong.

Why didnt we see any friend of God in the scriptures doing it?

Those that avoided birthday celebrations did so because the practice at the time was commonly an idolatrous one, associated with lavish feasts dedicated to pagan gods. As this not the case now, the reasoning is no longer relevant.

“A main concern is, not what the practice meant hundreds of years ago, but how it is viewed today in your area. Understandably, opinions may vary from one place to another. Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues.” Awake! 2003 Sep 22 pp.23-24 smiley

Why is it that only that of pagans are documented

Dogs are mentioned in the Bible 40 times, and in every mention they are described disparagingly. They are said to be lowly and unclean, used as an allegory for sodomites (Deut 23:17,18), and said to be no part of the New System (Rev 22:15). Yet, the Watchtower does not conclude dogs are not for Christians.

Eye paint is mentioned twice, once in reference to wicked queen Jezebel (2 Kings 9:30) and secondly to apostate Israel (Jer 4:30), yet the Watchtower does not forbid eye makeup.

The Witnesses celebrated their birthdays before 1950

“Pardon me for intruding on your precious time, but I just can't help letting you know how much I appreciate the phonograph which came to me on the morning after the 8th, which was my 80th birthday. It was indeed a birthday gift from Jehovah, to be used in proclaiming his name. May grace and strength be given me to do with my might what my hands find to do." Watchtower 1940 Jan 1 p.16
Confused much? smiley

I do that everyday. No until we party or some group of boys beat me mercilessly as done in todays birthday festival rituals . So cruel

It's all about what you want done on your birthday. Your choice to party or to be beaten.
Cruel? Really?

its there for a reason ( 2 timothy 3:16,17)

So is this:

“One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord” (Romans 14:5-cool.

The bottom line for Paul is that each man should be fully convinced that he is doing what God wants him to do. If one person chooses to celebrate birthdays and he sees nothing wrong with it, he should celebrate with a clear conscience. If, however, he feels celebrating is against his conscience, he should not celebrate. Conversely, if one does not celebrate birthdays for reasons of conscience, that is fine, as long as it does not become a source of pride and he does not look down on those who do celebrate. As with all issues not specifically addressed in Scripture, we have the freedom to celebrate or not celebrate birthdays, according to personal preference.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by blackmantis: 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

https://news.vice.com/article/more-than-1000-jehovahs-witnesses-have-been-accused-of-child-sex-abuse-in-australia-and-police-never-knew

https://www.revealnews.org/article/jehovahs-witnesses-use-1st-amendment-to-hide-child-sex-abuse-claims/

A government inquiry underway in Australia has revealed that more than 1,000 members of the Jehovah's Witness Church there have been accused of child sexual abuse since 1950 — yet none of them have ever been reported to the police.

Feast your eyes, people.

Not surprising if 24000 Israelites who literary saw God succumbed to fornication and perished in d wilderness how much more today.

Do Jehovah's witness condone molestation. NO.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
blackmantis:

ROM 3:3,4. Says let God be found true even if everyman be found a lair.

Your point is-?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by blackmantis: 3:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

Your point is-?

Even those chosen by God erred Grievously but God still saw something good in them and kept using them eg Moses, David, Peter etc.
Never let the errors of men appointed by God turn you away from serving Him. That is what Satan wants.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
blackmantis:

Even those chosen by God erred Grievously but God still saw something good in them and kept using them eg Moses, David, Peter etc.
Never let the errors of men appointed by God turn you away from serving Him. That is what Satan wants.

What errors did these men make? Did they falsely prophesy?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by blackmantis: 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

What errors did these men make? Did they falsely prophesy?

Moses made the Israelites believe that he and Aaron (Not God) provided the water they drank from the rock.

What will you call that?

David sent a man to his death to cover up his adultery.

Peter behaved hypocritically when Jews visited him while he was eating with Gentiles..... In all cases they erred as individuals.

But God was not decieved by their actions
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 30, 2015
blackmantis:

Moses made the Israelites believe that he and Aaron (Not God) provided the water they drank from the rock.

What will you call that?

David sent a man to his death to cover up his adultery.

Peter behaved hypocritically when Jews visited him while he was eating with Gentiles..... In all cases they erred as individuals.

But God was not decieved by their actions

So they made human errors.

At least Moses didn't make the Israelites believe they would one day be free from Pharoah's ostracization, as said by God, and then later on, his words didn't come to fulfillment, right?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by blackmantis: 4:15pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

So they made human errors.

At least Moses didn't make the Israelites believe they would one day be free from Pharoah's ostracization, as said by God, and then later on, his words didn't come to fulfillment, right?

Now I'm d one to ask And your point is?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
blackmantis:

Now I'm d one to ask And your point is?

My point is: The Faithful and Discreet Slave fondly calls themselves "God's channel", under the inspiration of God's Holy Spirit. However, it is noteworthy that they've made a number of significant errors.

Since its 1879 inception, Watchtower has preached "the End" is soon, originally predicting it would occur in 1914 and then 1925. This claim was subsequently adjusted to say the End will be very shortly, culminating in billions of humans being killed at God's war of Armageddon.

Can Jehovah be using them in spite of all these, or is the "light" just "getting brighter?" undecided
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by blackmantis: 4:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

My point is: The Faithful and Discreet Slave fondly calls themselves "God's channel", under the inspiration of God's Holy Spirit. However, it is noteworthy that they've made a number of significant errors.

Since its 1879 inception, Watchtower has preached "the End" is soon, originally predicting it would occur in 1914 and then 1925. This claim was subsequently adjusted to say the End will be very shortly, culminating in billions of humans being killed at God's war of Armageddon.

Can Jehovah be using them in spite of all these, or is the "light" just "getting brighter?" undecided

But you do agree that despite the imperfections of some men in the past God still used them.
Give me a few minutes to address d Watchtower issues
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by blackmantis: 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

HAVE JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES GIVEN INCORRECT DATES FOR THE END?
Jehovah’s Witnesses have had wrong expectations about when the end would come. Like Jesus’ first-century disciples, we have sometimes looked forward to the fulfillment of prophecy ahead of God’s timetable. (Luke 19:11; Acts 1:6; 2 Thessalonians 2:1, 2) We agree with the sentiment of longtime Witness A. H. Macmillan, who said: “I learned that we should admit our mistakes and continue searching God’s Word for more enlightenment.”
Why, then, do we continue to highlight the nearness of the end? Because we take seriously Jesus’ words: “Keep looking, keep awake.” The alternative, to be found “sleeping” by Jesus, would prevent us from gaining his favor. (Mark 13:33, 36) Why?
Consider this example: A lookout in a fire tower might see what he thinks is a wisp of smoke on the horizon and sound what proves to be a false alarm. Later, though, his alertness could save lives.
Likewise, we have had some wrong expectations about the end. But we are more concerned with obeying Jesus and saving lives than with avoiding criticism. Jesus’ command to “give a thorough witness” compels us to warn others about the end.—Acts 10:42.
We believe that even more important than focusing on when the end will come, we must be confident that it will come, and we must act accordingly. We take seriously the words of Habakkuk 2:3, which says: “Even if [the end] should delay [compared to what you thought], keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late.”
Watchtower Jan 1, 2013

Yes the Jehovah's Witness have had wrong expectations and have admitted it.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
blackmantis:

Watchtower Jan 1, 2013

Yes the Jehovah's Witness have had wrong expectations and have admitted it.

If Holy Spirit directs the organization, why are incorrect doctrine introduced that later require being changed?

Can we now both agree on one thing-They are not being led by Holy Spirit?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
[size=15pt]"It is important, then, that you "keep testing whether you are in the faith," as Paul declared. Keep checking to see whether the things you believe are in keeping with God's Word. But the question is, Are you willing to put your religion through such a test? There is nothing to fear, because if you have the right religion you can only be reassured by the examination.And if what you believe is not in keeping with the Bible, then you should welcome the truth, because it leads to light and life." Watchtower 1958 May 1 p.261 Is Your Religion the Right One?[/size]
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by blackmantis: 5:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

If Holy Spirit directs the organization, why are incorrect doctrine introduced that later require being changed?

Can we now both agree on one thing-They are not being led by Holy Spirit?

You have to consider some thing's before you conclude that they are not being led by Holy Spirit.

I'll explain
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
False prophecies:

[size=15pt]"Seventy jubilees of fifty years each would be a total of 3500 years. That period of time beginning 1575 before A.D. 1 of necessity would end in the fall of the year 1925, at which time the type ends and the great antitype must begin. What, then, should we expect to take place? The chief thing to be restored is the human race to life; and since other Scriptures definitely fix the fact that there will be a resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful ones of old, and that these will have the first favour, we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of Israel from the condition of death , being resurrected and fully restored to perfect humanity and made the visible, legal representatives of the new order of things on earth." Millions Now Living Will Never Die p.88[/size]

[size=30pt]No doubt many boys and girls who read this book will live to see Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Daniel, and those other men of old, come forth in the glory of their "better resurrection," perfect in mind and body. It will not take long for Christ to appoint them to their posts of honor and authority as his earthly representatives. The world and all the present conveniences will seem strange to them at first, but they will soon become accustomed to the new methods. They may have some amusing experiences at first; for they never saw telephones, radios, automobiles, electric lights, aeroplanes, steam engines, and many other things so familiar to us." The Way to Paradise (1925 ed.) pp.224,226-227[/size]
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 30, 2015
blackmantis:

You have to consider some thing's before you conclude that they are not being led by Holy Spirit.

I'll explain

I'm all ears/eyes.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by IsaacBuchi(m): 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2015

cheesy
firestar:

It worked.

That means my admission letter is being processed. grin
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
And this is what they have to say when their prophesy turns out false:

"Instead of its being considered a 'probability,' they read into it that it was a 'certainty'." Yearbook 1975 p.146

smiley smiley
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 5:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
@ MzNelly

REPLY to Your Assumptions

Asumption 1: buliding place of worship , your point is with this baseless , simply bcoz in the scriptures the isrealites built a place of worship which they called synagogue or temple .

Assumption 2: wedding anniversary : there is nothing wrong with this bcoz wedding itself is biblical , there is reference to righteous people attending wedding ceremony e.g Jesus , (compare marriage of the lamb ) .

REPLY to your copy and paste

The author of your copy and paste present two cases that are EXTREMELY WEAK .

1) Dogs ----- lady , do i have to remind you that we have reference to a righteous man that owns dogs cheesy , Read Job 30:1

2) Eye Paint ------ Lady , go and tell the author of your copy and paste that a righteous man named his daughter after eye paint . Job named his third Daughter KEREN HAPPUCH which means " horn of eye paint"

BUT YOU CANT FIND ANY RIGHTEOUS MAN IN BIBLE TIMES CELEBRATING BIRTHDAYS, can you give any example ?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by ReubenAbati: 5:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
blackmantis:

That is where you get it wrong.

God is not a robot.
His actions are not and can never be based on human logic.

For example Read Ezekiel 33:13-16 from a human standpoint you may say why should God say one thing then do another.
But it goes to show His matchless wisdom and sense of Justice.

His standards do not change and cannot be explained by faulty human logic.
That is why His perfection is beyond human comprehension.
GOD NEVER LIES

God is not a robot.
His actions are not and can never be based on human logic. But he wrote a book in a logic that could be easily understood.

So whatever contradictions in the bible will always be refuted by this crazy immoral reasoning? shocked shocked shocked

[img]http://.net/thumbnail/405.gif[/img]
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by blackmantis: 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
@MzNelly what you quoted earlier about 1925 was part of the reason for the Wt Jan 1,2013.

Jehovah's Witnesses as you know always strive to stick to Bible in their worship and in their way of life.

There are many cases of individuals who were once drug addicts, prostitues, thieves murderers drunkards violent etc whose encounter with the witnesses changed their lives.

This change couldn't just happen by mans power.

Besides there are many reports of native doctors , one of which I personally witnessed trying to use charms against witnesses but it failed and instead backfired.

Some things have to be refined yes but in Gods due time.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 30, 2015
Jozzy4:
@ MzNelly

REPLY to Your Assumptions

Asumption 1: buliding place of worship , your point is with this baseless , simply bcoz in the scriptures the isrealites built a place of worship which they called synagogue or temple .

Assumption 2: wedding anniversary : there is nothing wrong with this bcoz wedding itself is biblical , there is reference to righteous people attending wedding ceremony e.g Jesus , (compare marriage of the lamb ) .

REPLY to your copy and paste

The author of your copy and paste present two cases that are EXTREMELY WEAK .

1) Dogs ----- lady , do i have to remind you that we have reference to a righteous man that owns dogs cheesy , Read Job 30:1

2) Eye Paint ------ Lady , go and tell the author of your copy and paste that a righteous man named his daughter after eye paint . Job named his third Daughter KEREN HAPPUCH which means " horn of eye paint"

BUT YOU CANT FIND ANY RIGHTEOUS MAN IN BIBLE TIMES CELEBRATING BIRTHDAYS, can you give any example ?

Cats:

Were worshiped as Gods in Egypt
Are never spoken of favourably in the Bible
Are never listed as being owned by righteous men of old
Are unclean animals, by the definition given to Noah

I'll be waiting for the Organization to tell you guys to stop owning cats.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by blackmantis: 6:30pm On Aug 30, 2015
ReubenAbati:

God is not a robot.
His actions are not and can never be based on human logic. But he wrote a book in a logic that could be easily understood.

So whatever contradictions in the bible will always be refuted by this crazy immoral reasoning? shocked shocked shocked

[img]http://.net/thumbnail/405.gif[/img]
1Cor 2:14

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Little Child Tortured For Days Over Witchcraft Accusation (Photos) / Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? / Man Does Acrobatics During Deliverance Session Conducted By 'Snake Pastor'.Photo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.