Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,542 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings (50878 Views)

Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You / Owe Ile Yoruba -some Lovely Yoruba Proverbs And Their Meanings. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by yanabasee(m): 11:50am On Aug 28, 2015
easyaccess123:
ödöde rë wan ne gbe (let everyone get wisdom)
Wisdom's knowledge and it's either u learn it or u were born with it.... grin but I was born with it.... grin
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by eghuan1(m): 11:58am On Aug 28, 2015
yanabasee:

Wisdom's knowledge and it's either u learn it or u were born with it.... grin but I was born with it.... grin

Though am from Ekpon, my grand mother is from ewohimi, I understand esan language, but can't speak very well.

to the point, wisdom is not the Same thing as knowledge. knowledge is what you get from experience while wisdom is the ability to apply such knowledge in solving your dailly challenges.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by yanabasee(m): 12:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
eghuan1:

Though am from Ekpon, my grand mother is from ewohimi, I understand esan language, but can't speak very well.

to the point, wisdom is not the Same thing as knowledge. knowledge is what you get from experience while wisdom is the ability to apply such knowledge in solving your dailly challenges.
Ofcoz they're not exactly the same as knowledge is the state of knowing and wisdom is the ability to utilise this knowledge.... But in many cases, the two words could be interchanged! And in most dictionaries, wisdom is "accumulated knowledge"...
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Oooops: 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
elohorayodele:
but the truth remains if you see a snake on your right and then see an Eshan woman on your left, just kill the ESHAN woman first b4 you reason the snake.
TRUE

It ain't Eshan Oga.....

By the way, what tribe are you its obvious sha.... and i don't wanna insult u. that will be demeaning both to u and me...

Esan women are the best thing that can ever happen to a reasonable man.... I've never seen women as hardworking as them.
Quote me
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Benuromi: 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
mystage:
my last gf was your mother. mk i nor go into details how my life almost ended.

its your father that is very wicked.

the truth remains,.. if u see devil and dis imbecillic op, kil dis op first bcus he seems worst than devil.

YOU ARE A BASTARD OP,..I PITY YOUR PERSONALITY AND SPIT ON YOUR LIFE....SHAME!

PROUDLY ESAN FROM UROMI!....we rule and others follows

He is a fool with no brain. God bless Uromi my brother
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
yanabasee:

Ofcoz they're not exactly the same as knowledge is the state of knowing and wisdom is the ability to utilise this knowledge.... But in many cases, the two words could be interchanged! And in most dictionaries, wisdom is "accumulated knowledge"...
so u cudnt use ur accumulated knowledge or wisdom to guide ur utterances here abi?
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
DDeliverer:
I wan talk something...i go talk true, i no go lie..

ESHAN people too wicked.

In 2013, i did business with one Eshan man....till date the man no gree pay my money.

My last GF na ESHAN.....make i no go into the details of my life...but the truth remains if you see a snake on your right and then see an Eshan woman on your left, just kill the ESHAN woman first b4 you reason the snake.

Maybe there are some good Eshan people, maybe the OP is one of them...Maybe..

But truth be told, i have never met one Eshan person that is good. NEVER.
lol some are too good am from edo state and have meet two good ones both females
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Paradiseluvall(m): 12:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
DDeliverer:

ESHAN people too wicked.

In 2013, i did business with one Eshan man....till date the man no gree pay my money.

My last GF na ESHAN.....make i no go into the details of my life...but the truth remains if you see a snake on your right and then see an Eshan woman on your left, just kill the ESHAN woman first b4 you reason the snake.

don't u think u r wrong? Would u av me classify ibos to b all d same in character?
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by osesology(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
DDeliverer:

ESHAN people too wicked.

the fact that you have been unfortunate enough to come accross some evil people that happen to be Ishan doesn't mean that we are all evil. If you search your own tribe, you will discover that there are some people that are more devilish than the few Ishan people that you have encountered.All tribes all over the world have both good and bad people, truth be told.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Bankitee(m): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sepe sepe, ridi ruki okoyebo runmo--#you can't know the true ringing tone of a man until he's cuming
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by osesology(m): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
I rep UBIAJA(E be like say na only me waka com) bhabulu ibhokhesan!

1 Like

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
blackky100:

Gan Gan....

See levels, that is nice to hear ohhhh. Nice meeting my towns man.

Bodiehe?
Ofure bros. grin
Eniwina?
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Does her name start with an "S"?

Her English name starts with a P.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2015
stpat1:

Who told you Esan ppl hate Buhari, Speak for yourself. I don't HATE PMB.

Cool. That's you.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by tony1918(m): 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
osicom:

If i get you right,are you saying there are no disrespectful lads in schools in you region/tribe?Are you telling me there is pipe-born water all over you towns,cities and village?Let not pretend.We hid under the pretense that no one knows my village and run down other places we have visited.

I will really like to know that your area where infrastructure and social amenities are 100% present.

Have you bother to find out what corpers experience in your village?Will it be nice if they come here and say unpalatable things about your cities,towns,villages and ur people.Man,let be objective here.

I serve in Kaduna and will not say bad things about its people because I had very few bad experience.Man,show respect and love for other tribes.
Thank you .Well if you must know I was born and live most of my years in S.W schooled in N.C so i will say this like the 3rd Geopolitical zone i will be living out of 6.Nobody is been abusive there are somethings you need to start accepting and try to find correction to.
Your lads are insolent accept that i can go into details if you want me to..My tribe is not Perfect so is yours but try to make amendment on your shortcomings.The insane people i have seen in Ekpoma just less than 3 months here is over 10 wetin happen now biko..I am sorry if i generalized all ESAN tribe with insanity population but i wrote in my first comment ekpoma precisely.Well for the bore hole you mean a state with so much revenue from the federal government cant provide such social amenity for you then i will say it's an high marginalization on the part of the okada and Etsako boys respectively.. And bros it's Esan not Ishan it's been long you went home ba grin grin
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Idiataqueen(f): 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
Lolz i came late sha well i dont understand ishan but am form ewu.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by toideve(m): 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Okpia, juwe khin bhi Igueben? grin

Uhe cheesy
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by emmyluvly(m): 1:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
DDeliverer:

ESHAN people too wicked.

I agree with u 'Eshan' people can be wicked but majority of Esan or Ishan people are very nice and accommodating.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by danielose(m): 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
DDeliverer:

ESHAN people too wicked.

. For d fact you've been with some ishan people whose actions didn't please you doesn't mean Ishan people are all bad. So ur killing an ishan person before d snake is an outright nonsense...
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by osesology(m): 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
Idiataqueen:
O.K
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
Joavid:
Why are esan guys ugly? undecided

Its either an abnormal looking forehead, nose, eyes or something.
Lol; very funny.. sure they're indeed esan guys? wink cos all my esan friends & own brothers are cute. cool
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by danielose(m): 2:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
For d fact you had some shabby deals with some Ishan persons isn't a good premise for dat ill-conclusion of yours. I wonder d hell of a tribe U̶̲̥̅̊ come from. Ishan people are luvly,peaceful,accommodating,.....d list is endless.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by sleekymag(m): 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2015
I rep Iruekpen/Ekpoma.

Speaking and writing the language nor easy for me sha. But i dey try small small.

Me twe bha rewe gian. Bha do!
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by eghuan1(m): 3:01pm On Aug 28, 2015
yanabasee:

don't 4get that accumulated knowledge Which is not being utilized cannot be refered to as wisdom.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Lovexme(m): 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
bugzygee:
nah....we plenty

That's good to know smiley
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Lovexme(m): 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
osicom:

Just try and learn the language,it is one of ur idendity.Cheers

Probably a lil too late now. I do understand though, just can't speak. Thanks smiley
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Lovexme(m): 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Lost brother tongue cheesy
Where are you from in Igueben?

grin grin Ebelle
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by danielose(m): 3:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
Up Esan People
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
My Ishan people i greet u all. Nice to be here.. I rep Irrua smiley
'Akugbe Ahu' is the only adage i'm familiar with, sadlycry

Idiataqueen:
Nice having u here.. u had bera learn ishan oo wink
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by BrOwnSuga3: 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2015
Iruekpen people plenty for here ohhh.

I attended Central Primary School

Foundation High School, Idumu Emalua
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Idiataqueen(f): 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2015
pineed:
My Ishan people i greet u all. Nice to be here.. I rep Irrua smiley
'Akugbe Ahu' is the only adage i'm familiar with, sadlycry

Nice having u here.. u had bera learn ishan oo wink

Am trying to but is hard
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by free37: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Kyari El-Kanemi, Shehu Of Bama, Died Of Coronavirus Disease - Sahara Reporters / Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] / Oba Akiolu Arrives For Fashola's Photographic Foundation Ceremony In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.