Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,027 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings (50774 Views)

Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You / Owe Ile Yoruba -some Lovely Yoruba Proverbs And Their Meanings. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Mamaflex(f): 8:54am On Aug 28, 2015
osazeeblue01:
obilu
Oboshian
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by martineverest(m): 8:55am On Aug 28, 2015
proudly ishan...i rep uromi
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 28, 2015
Joavid:

Okay. Ha! Everyone has issues with one or two parts of their body or how it looks. although a lot of people hide it.
We're in a superficial world anyway.

You look good in that picture, and you'll only look better at your 'peak physique' and in the next few years, you could have a pot belly.

Do what makes you feel good - the healthy way- the body is vanity.

No way I'll have a pot belly. I live a very holistic lifestyle. And in a year I'll really be at my peak I'm 6"4 225 now and I want to at least get to 6"4 245 by February 2016. And you don't seem vain, interesting considering that you're a female
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 28, 2015
my last gf was your mother. mk i nor go into details how my life almost ended.
DDeliverer:
I wan talk something...i go talk true, i no go lie..

ESHAN people too wicked.

In 2013, i did business with one Eshan man....till date the man no gree pay my money.

My last GF na ESHAN.....make i no go into the details of my life.
its your father that is very wicked.

the truth remains,.. if u see devil and dis imbecillic op, kil dis op first bcus he seems worst than devil.

YOU ARE A BASTARD OP,..I PITY YOUR PERSONALITY AND SPIT ON YOUR LIFE....SHAME!

PROUDLY ESAN FROM UROMI!....we rule and others follows

1 Like

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by chronique(m): 8:57am On Aug 28, 2015
Proudly Edo,proudly Ekpoma,proudly Esan.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 28, 2015
yanabasee:

Your phantasm of Nigeria being developed is amazing grin
Just have it in mind that for a country to be developed...That it doesn't have to be with the 'president' alone.
Many richest Nigerians derive pleasures to erect standard houses and assets abroad. This ppl help other countries to develope their country for them and leaving Nigeria for the government alone. Ndoma egba has refineries abroad and houses of high standards abroad. How about Tinubu? This people have houses in SouthAfrica and other well developed countries.. Even our musicians.
Until Nigeria change this mentality, there and then will this country be developed, and I pray that, by then our oil will still have value or it'll still be much coz as it seems, Nigeria in the next decades will not be Africas most riches oil producer as Cameron and Ghana have oils as well... And Russia and japan is rushing them.

I agree that businessmen and corporations have as much if not more responsibility on developing Nigeria.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Mamaflex(f): 8:59am On Aug 28, 2015
Spybradd:

wé kiwo,nwian what does that mean?
Lol. Outsiders cannot harm/get you without the help of an insider.

NB: It is the completion of the person I quoted. That's the meaning all together.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by MistaHumble(m): 9:04am On Aug 28, 2015
ihatebuhari:
Wow

I rep uromi

Hmmmm r u serious.... I rep owan tho...
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Mamaflex(f): 9:05am On Aug 28, 2015
Oooops:

And you speak Ishan very well
Yes I do to an extent.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 28, 2015
It seems that Uromi has the finest girls in Esan land by far with Ekpoma coming in second.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by LastProphet: 9:06am On Aug 28, 2015
TheTruth618:

Am surprised o. We keep hearing stories of old men raping kids, women committing adultery, broken marriages and these stories are always about yoruba people. Then we hear rituals mostly abt Igbo people. How many times have you seen Ishan in the news linked with such evil?

am sorry my apologies, but somehow its good to listen to something annoying others say about you. sorry isan people
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by fadolak(f): 9:09am On Aug 28, 2015
DDeliverer:

ESHAN people too wicked.

In 2013, i did business with one Eshan man....till date the man no gree pay my money.

My last GF na ESHAN.....make i no go into the details of my life...but the truth remains if you see a snake on your right and then see an Eshan woman on your left, just kill the ESHAN woman first b4 you reason the snake.
You are right jare, my ishan flat mate poisoned me when i was in 400level in Ambrose Alli University.
I went thru a lot, i saw hell but God saved me.

Maybe there are some good Eshan people, maybe the OP is one of them...Maybe..

But truth be told, i have never met one Eshan person that is good. NEVER.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by onomeasike: 9:12am On Aug 28, 2015
Oooops:

Yea.... Its a good person u get close to... tongue

Hope u a good person sha

Goodmrn

I am a very good person joor grin
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 28, 2015
Lovexme:
I must be the only Esan guy in this thread that can't speak the language.

An Ebelle guy (IGUEBEN) in Lagos.
nah....we plenty
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by yanabasee(m): 9:16am On Aug 28, 2015
aim5:

I agree that businessmen and corporations have as much if not more responsibility on developing Nigeria.
And now Buhari probes politicians... And reduces cash flow as well as influencing people. This intimidation will not just make things worst but will drive away many who had earlier tot of building good houses in Nigeria.
My little psychological observation is that.... For this country to be developed, Buhari must build roads... And provide standard electricity. Roads accros villages and good drainages in many villages across the country.. Touching many homes where business men will want to erect business around their homes by making transportation easy from home or place of business.
Thiz roads shouldn't be centered to major cities or major vilages. But to ALL villages... From town to town to other towns. The local government will pick it up by building local clinics and local schools and hospitals as well. And building boreholes as well.
Aside many who fears their local witches and wizards... That one sef d follow turn ppl away!
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by stpat1(m): 9:19am On Aug 28, 2015
DDeliverer:

ESHAN people too wicked.

My last GF na ESHAN.....make i no go into the details of my life...but the truth remains if you see a snake on your right and then see an Eshan woman on your left, just kill the ESHAN woman first b4 you reason the snake.

Ehen, but wait, where are you from? Thought you were Esan. So where are you from?
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by stpat1(m): 9:24am On Aug 28, 2015
aim5:

Oh please nobody's scared of Buhari. Infact, Esan people hate Buhari for what he did to the great Ambrose Alli.

Who told you Esan ppl hate Buhari, Speak for yourself. I don't HATE PMB.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by osicom: 9:27am On Aug 28, 2015
Lovexme:
I must be the only Esan guy in this thread that can't speak the language.

An Ebelle guy (IGUEBEN) in Lagos.

Just try and learn the language,it is one of ur idendity.Cheers
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by osicom: 9:35am On Aug 28, 2015
DDeliverer:

ESHAN people too wicked.

My good brother,this is fallacious.Can you give me a tribe full of saints and angels?Because you encounter tens and even hundreds of Ishans who treated you badly does not make them all bad.Stop this insinuation and open your mind.There are good as well as bad people any where you go on this earth.I am from Edo(Ishan/Benin) and I have good friends from Yoruba,Ibo,Hausa,Akwa Ibom name it.I also have people from these tribes who were not friendly.I cannot therefore come to a public forum to like nairaland to say ills of the entire tribe.Show love to brothers from others tribes and nigeria will be great.Cheers.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 28, 2015
Eseose9:
I rep Ewatto
omamhen, bor dia ye? where in ewatto r u from? am ewatto too, from egua oliha
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 28, 2015
Evergreen4:
Edo nama zese ore esan , meaning: na edo language when them no speak well nai be ishan, a twisted edo language is what translates into ishan.
FYI: I'm not Edo nor ishan, I'm proudly igbo to the core
yamiri like u
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 28, 2015
aim5:

No way I'll have a pot belly. I live a very holistic lifestyle. And in a year I'll really be at my peak I'm 6"4 225 now and I want to at least get to 6"4 245 by February 2016. And you don't seem vain, interesting considering that you're a female

You mean you are 6'4 tall? shocked

You wanna build some muscles, hehehehe. While consuming more fufu or eating clean? grin
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by osicom: 9:56am On Aug 28, 2015
tony1918:
I'm currently serving in Esan. This people are good but i will want to make my own observation.
1. Please Esanite where unah ground water,this is the first time i will be seeing rain water used for all chores and personal use
2. Why are your young lads very stubborn and insolent to there parent not to talk less of we teachers
3.Biko rate of insane people here (ekpoma Precisely) is alarming

My brother thank you for the compliments.The truths be told,is Ishan the only tribe without underground water in Nigeria?By the way this is not true.Have you tour the entire Esan land(of many LGA's) to validate your claim.

Stubborn young lads in Ishan are not the only stubborn set in Nigeria.I am not tolerating this attitude if any,but it is a national and global phenomenon.I remember some few bad experience I had during my NYSC in Kaduna state.I cannot come to the public and to say that all the young lads are this and that.Let us stop attaching a particular ill to a tribe.
How do you mean when you say the number of insane people in Ekopma is alarming.I grew up and schooled in Ekpoma.The experience you had in ekpoma about insane people is not peculiar to Ekpoma.Travel to the East,West and the North you find same.
There are some regions in Nigeria notorious for baby factory(selling of babies),drug trafficking,begger,yahoo-yahoo etc.It will be unfair for one to come out and use a blanket description for such region.LOVE AND SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT OTHERS TRIBES AS YOU WOULD SAY TO UR TRIBE.Good bless you.Cheers.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by osicom: 10:05am On Aug 28, 2015
shadowgwalker:
My fine fair eshan exbabe was opening her big sweet toto for sugar daddies while in school. What proverb fits her?
She looks cute and innocent though and I miss our nice fyiok.

Please make contribution that will advance humanity and not your sex escapade with an Ishan girl.Cheers.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by DavidRWaller: 10:10am On Aug 28, 2015
making cash right now... Get more time with your family by doing jobs that only require for you to have a computer and an internet access and you can have that at your home. Start bringing up to $8532 a month. I've started this job and I've never been happier and now I am sharing it with you, so you can try it too. You can check it out here
+_>>````>> WWW.ECASH55.COM
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by elvisz(m): 10:13am On Aug 28, 2015
Midehi:

i love this, when we went for my sis traditional wedding, this was what the women were enchanting, its form of hailing or greeting i think so and i love it
it's a form of hailing for the esan people
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Ikhilor(m): 10:18am On Aug 28, 2015
Obo alufo unukiyo magbole ( After the hands have done a job, the mouth will say we've done it) Ivbiessan vbadoo, from Ujabhole/Ibhiolu.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by osicom: 10:19am On Aug 28, 2015
tony1918:
I really appreciate your response but how many borehole or good water system do you have in your hostel when you where in Ekpoma,2.Why put blame on benin for mad people roaming your street when Esan no be Psychiatric hospital.Do you know how many Corp members have been molested by your respectful lads..

If i get you right,are you saying there are no disrespectful lads in schools in you region/tribe?Are you telling me there is pipe-born water all over you towns,cities and village?Let not pretend.We hid under the pretense that no one knows my village and run down other places we have visited.

I will really like to know that your area where infrastructure and social amenities are 100% present.

Have you bother to find out what corpers experience in your village?Will it be nice if they come here and say unpalatable things about your cities,towns,villages and ur people.Man,let be objective here.

I serve in Kaduna and will not say bad things about its people because I had very few bad experience.Man,show respect and love for other tribes.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Ikhilor(m): 10:22am On Aug 28, 2015
BTW, poster please use ' Ethnic group' in place of "tribe" next time. Tribe is derogatory and synonymous with colonialism. We are ethnic majorities and minorities in Nigeria and not tribes. Thanks.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by blesszzy(m): 10:28am On Aug 28, 2015
Wow!!! I love this! I rep. Irrua.
God bless Irrua!
God bless Esan Land!
God bless Edo State!
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Evergreen4(m): 10:29am On Aug 28, 2015
easyaccess123:
yamiri like u
Mumu like u

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) / Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial / Kyari El-Kanemi, Shehu Of Bama, Died Of Coronavirus Disease - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.