Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,309 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783461 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 12:14pm On May 01, 2016
bigfrancis21:

First off, life in America is not all beds of roses. Now, I am going to be plain and direct with you about life in America and tell it to you as it is. I am not wont to give off the impression of America as heaven on earth while actually the reality in the same 'heaven' is the opposite for many people living here. As a new immigrant to this country, basically you are starting life afresh and you would need between 2 to 5 years to be able to stand on your feet in this country and this includes sorting out your permanent residency status (many people get married to a PRdent or citizen, join the US army and become a citizen immediately thereby bypassing the green card step but joining the army requires signing about 6 years of contract with them, or obtain their PR by doing business and investing up to $500,000 or $1,000,000 depending on the type of business or by refugee/asylum status etc.) and this could take about a year or two to achieve, going back to school here in the US to obtain a US degree (our Nigerian degrees are not usually recognized here and to land well-paying jobs in corporate america, as an immigrant you would need to obtain a US degree and any attendant certifications where and when necessary - be prepared to go back to school again here in the US, establishing a credit history for yourself (I cannot overemphasize the importance of starting early as soon as one gets to America to start building one's credit history as this is the key to so many doors of opportunity in this country) etc. and it takes at least a year or 2 to have satisfactory credit history and a good score, adapting to the American culture, learning Americans and their ways of thinking and doing things etc. America has a high taxation rate, especially for employees. The tax rate can be very high especially if you're single. To give you an example, from a paycheck of $1,500 for 2 weeks of work (here you are paid biweekly and not once every month end like in Nigeria), about $400 is deducted in form of federal taxes, state taxes etc. leaving you with about $1,100. Or out of an annual yearly salary of $70,000, your actual take home pay would be about $46,000 as a single individual, with about $24,000 paid to Uncle Sam as taxes. Now, if you're married or you have kids, the tax rate is lower.

America is a beautiful country with an efficiently working system and well advanced technology in almost every facet of life. The weather is adorable such that within a year of staying here you begin to notice changes on your skin (with sunshine for only about 3 to 4 months of the entire year and cold/rain/snow for the remainder of the year, your skin begins to produce less and less of melanin pigment). The economy is robust such that without a university degree, there are lots of jobs for you to survive on but there is only an extent to how much you can make compared to having a US university degree. Food here is cheap and with $100 you can eat comfortably per month, especially if you cook at home. There is constant electricity 24/7 and you never have to worry about there being no light when you get home at night after a long stressful day. Water runs steadily at home - both hot and cold, and the choice is yours to use depending on the weather. Almost all homes are equipped with heaters and ACs such that you enjoy the best of summer and winter weathers. The system here works in so many ways. Depending on the state, there is often a minimum wage that is paid, and this ensures that nobody is unfairly underpaid in any work they do. Oh, did I forget the yearly tax returns? Did you know that every year you are required to file what they call a tax return, which is basically Uncle Sam's (nickname for the IRS) way of ensuring that everyone is paying their fair share of taxes and you are refunded some or all of Federal or/and state taxes you paid for the previous year which could amount to $1,000s? The internet service here is very fast with wi-fi in almost every house, on campus, some restaurants and fast food joints etc. There is much more enforced security and you can be sure of police arriving at your house in less than 5 minutes when you dial 911. The United States Postal Services works such that you barely have the need to use courier services except for international packages. The roads are all well-built with very few potholes here and there to ensure that your car lasts you quite a while. Needless to say, life in America is very comfortable but this comfort comes at a huge price. It is not for free neither is it cheap.

On the flip side, nothing in America is free. Every freebie you enjoy is accounted for in this country. You pay for every social amenity you enjoy down to the very little of it. Out of your biweekly paychecks per month you pay for your rent (or mortgage if you bought the house), light bill, water bill, gas bill (for cooking and for the house heater depending on the house type), internet bill, cable TV bill, monthly phone bill (phone service in this country is based on month to month subscription and for any month you do not pay or renew your subscription, your line is totally cut off and you're disconnected from friends and family. This is in reverse to what we have in Nigeria whereby if you don't have money to recharge credit on your phone, your line still remains connected for as long as 6 months and you don't have to worry about any monthly subscription fees whatsoever), bus transportation fares or car loan monthly payments (if you purchased your car on loan), gas/fuel for your car, feeding, miscellaneous etc. With little or nothing left after paying all these bills per month, you'd realize that you need to savings of your own. Then you have your relatives and friends back home asking you to send them dollars that afterall you're picking dollars from the streets.

To sum it up, you must have to work or be hardworking at whatever that you do to keep enjoying the social amenities that you enjoy. The system has been designed in such a way with several avenues that take the money away from you as you earn it, thus keeping you entrenched in the system.

Now, who are those I strongly recommend to come to the US? Those people who have very little or nothing going for them in Nigeria. People who work quite hard but have very little or no hopes of making it in Nigeria, people who have very little hopes of achieving, at least, a middle class life - a house, a nice car, a good job etc. in Nigeria. For such people, I strongly recommend them to come to the US. Please come over with any opportunity that you can get. Perhaps with hard work, you would get to live in a middle class style home that you've always wanted, drive new cars and models of your choice (most times on car auto loan with payment plan to pay back the bank or loan lender), have an above-average income job, enjoy the social amenities of America, etc. That is just about it, nothing more nothing less.

For those who already have a system working for them in Nigeria such as a successful business or a well-paying job with huge benefits today or sometime down the line, packing up your bags, abandoning a system already working for you and coming to the US would be your greatest folly. For this set of people, I would not recommend abandoning a system already working greatly for you just for the sake of going to obodo oyibo. With such system working for you, you could comfortably afford to visit the US at your leisure, come shopping in the US, etc. and still get to have a taste of American life while still having your system back home running for you.

With all of these said, it is left to you to evaluate your situation and see where you stand. The ball is in your court and the decision is yours. I ji ji, jide mma (you hold the yam and also the knife, meaning you how you choose to cut the yam is your decision to make). Cheers.
i have fallen in love with you for this response. the part i love most is the change in skin sheen.
fast forward i got a question. i filled the ds 160 form and in the place of status i filled civil union instead of engaged i hope it wont be a problem?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by musicwriter(m): 12:39pm On May 01, 2016
bigfrancis21:

First off, life in America is not all beds of roses. Now, I am going to be plain and direct with you about life in America and tell it to you as it is. I am not wont to give off the impression of America as heaven on earth while actually the reality in the same 'heaven' is the opposite for many people living here. As a new immigrant to this country, basically you are starting life afresh and you would need between 2 to 5 years to be able to stand on your feet in this country and this includes sorting out your permanent residency status (many people get married to a PRdent or citizen, join the US army and become a citizen immediately thereby bypassing the green card step but joining the army requires signing about 6 years of contract with them, or obtain their PR by doing business and investing up to $500,000 or $1,000,000 depending on the type of business or by refugee/asylum status etc.) and this could take about a year or two to achieve, going back to school here in the US to obtain a US degree (our Nigerian degrees are not usually recognized here and to land well-paying jobs in corporate america, as an immigrant you would need to obtain a US degree and any attendant certifications where and when necessary - be prepared to go back to school again here in the US, establishing a credit history for yourself (I cannot overemphasize the importance of starting early as soon as one gets to America to start building one's credit history as this is the key to so many doors of opportunity in this country) etc. and it takes at least a year or 2 to have satisfactory credit history and a good score, adapting to the American culture, learning Americans and their ways of thinking and doing things etc. America has a high taxation rate, especially for employees. The tax rate can be very high especially if you're single. To give you an example, from a paycheck of $1,500 for 2 weeks of work (here you are paid biweekly and not once every month end like in Nigeria), about $400 is deducted in form of federal taxes, state taxes etc. leaving you with about $1,100. Or out of an annual yearly salary of $70,000, your actual take home pay would be about $46,000 as a single individual, with about $24,000 paid to Uncle Sam as taxes. Now, if you're married or you have kids, the tax rate is lower.

America is a beautiful country with an efficiently working system and well advanced technology in almost every facet of life. The weather is adorable such that within a year of staying here you begin to notice changes on your skin (with sunshine for only about 3 to 4 months of the entire year and cold/rain/snow for the remainder of the year, your skin begins to produce less and less of melanin pigment). The economy is robust such that without a university degree, there are lots of jobs for you to survive on but there is only an extent to how much you can make compared to having a US university degree. Food here is cheap and with $100 you can eat comfortably per month, especially if you cook at home. There is constant electricity 24/7 and you never have to worry about there being no light when you get home at night after a long stressful day. Water runs steadily at home - both hot and cold, and the choice is yours to use depending on the weather. Almost all homes are equipped with heaters and ACs such that you enjoy the best of summer and winter weathers. The system here works in so many ways. Depending on the state, there is often a minimum wage that is paid, and this ensures that nobody is unfairly underpaid in any work they do. Oh, did I forget the yearly tax returns? Did you know that every year you are required to file what they call a tax return, which is basically Uncle Sam's (nickname for the IRS) way of ensuring that everyone is paying their fair share of taxes and you are refunded some or all of Federal or/and state taxes you paid for the previous year which could amount to $1,000s? The internet service here is very fast with wi-fi in almost every house, on campus, some restaurants and fast food joints etc. There is much more enforced security and you can be sure of police arriving at your house in less than 5 minutes when you dial 911. The United States Postal Services works such that you barely have the need to use courier services except for international packages. The roads are all well-built with very few potholes here and there to ensure that your car lasts you quite a while. Needless to say, life in America is very comfortable but this comfort comes at a huge price. It is not for free neither is it cheap.

On the flip side, nothing in America is free. Every freebie you enjoy is accounted for in this country. You pay for every social amenity you enjoy down to the very little of it. Out of your biweekly paychecks per month you pay for your rent (or mortgage if you bought the house), light bill, water bill, gas bill (for cooking and for the house heater depending on the house type), internet bill, cable TV bill, monthly phone bill (phone service in this country is based on month to month subscription and for any month you do not pay or renew your subscription, your line is totally cut off and you're disconnected from friends and family. This is in reverse to what we have in Nigeria whereby if you don't have money to recharge credit on your phone, your line still remains connected for as long as 6 months and you don't have to worry about any monthly subscription fees whatsoever), bus transportation fares or car loan monthly payments (if you purchased your car on loan), gas/fuel for your car, feeding, miscellaneous etc. With little or nothing left after paying all these bills per month, you'd realize that you need to savings of your own. Then you have your relatives and friends back home asking you to send them dollars that afterall you're picking dollars from the streets.

To sum it up, you must have to work or be hardworking at whatever that you do to keep enjoying the social amenities that you enjoy. The system has been designed in such a way with several avenues that take the money away from you as you earn it, thus keeping you entrenched in the system.

Now, who are those I strongly recommend to come to the US? Those people who have very little or nothing going for them in Nigeria. People who work quite hard but have very little or no hopes of making it in Nigeria, people who have very little hopes of achieving, at least, a middle class life - a house, a nice car, a good job etc. in Nigeria. For such people, I strongly recommend them to come to the US. Please come over with any opportunity that you can get. Perhaps with hard work, you would get to live in a middle class style home that you've always wanted, drive new cars and models of your choice (most times on car auto loan with payment plan to pay back the bank or loan lender), have an above-average income job, enjoy the social amenities of America, etc. That is just about it, nothing more nothing less.

For those who already have a system working for them in Nigeria such as a successful business or a well-paying job with huge benefits today or sometime down the line, packing up your bags, abandoning a system already working for you and coming to the US would be your greatest folly. For this set of people, I would not recommend abandoning a system already working greatly for you just for the sake of going to obodo oyibo. With such system working for you, you could comfortably afford to visit the US at your leisure, come shopping in the US, etc. and still get to have a taste of American life while still having your system back home running for you.

With all of these said, it is left to you to evaluate your situation and see where you stand. The ball is in your court and the decision is yours. I ji ji, jide mma (you hold the yam and also the knife, meaning you how you choose to cut the yam is your decision to make). Cheers.

This's one of the most honest thing someone have ever said about the US economic system. The US economic system is an offshoot of slavery where less than 1% of the population continue to enslave the rest. The government is not in charge, but giant corporations who control the government and the government in turn also regulate the companies- a kind of self-recharging battery.

The monies you pay as taxes are actually not government money, cause the money goes back to the companies. This's why a single US company is richer than some countries.

Apart from going to study or tourism, there's absolutely no reason anybody should travel to the US. Because, even if you do make the money in US via hard labour, you'll over-labour yourself and would become older than your mates anytime you return to Nigeria. The US economic system was originally designed to enslave BLACK people!!. Travel to the US to make money at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by youngmoney416: 1:39pm On May 01, 2016
musicwriter:

This's one of the most honest thing someone have ever said about the US economic system. The US economic system is an offshoot of slavery where less than 1% of the population continue to enslave the rest. The government is not in charge, but giant corporations who control the government and the government in turn also regulate the companies- a kind of self-recharging battery.

The monies you pay as taxes are actually not government money, cause the money goes back to the companies. This's why a single US company is richer than some countries.

Apart from going to study or tourism, there's absolutely no reason anybody should travel to the US. Because, even if you do make the money in US via hard labour, you'll over-labour yourself and would become older than your mates anytime you return to Nigeria. The US economic system was originally designed to enslave BLACK people!!. Travel to the US to make money at your own peril.
One good thing about US economy is that it doesn't reward handwork and hustle as it is in Nigeria, where you can labor for over two years and build a house in your village; no government is there to tax you of your hard earned money. But in America, it rewards great ideas. Look at the innovations in the world today, they are all based in America. Someone came up with an idea booking taxi, today the founders of uber are billionaires. Someone came up with an idea of booking a apartment any where in the world. Today the founders of airbnb are billionaire so on and so forth. There is no nepotism otherwise known as man no man that we practice here in Nigeria depriving creative thinkers of opportunities. I believe you heard of the Nigerian guy who sold his software to apple for $1bn. So when going to America think of the distinguish value you will add other than going with the mindset of hustle. My brother, body no be firewood. So somehow I like their system. Am not saying everybody should be an entrepreneur but be creative and add distinguish value. Good thinking pays more than good hardwork. Peace.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 1:40pm On May 01, 2016
mrego:

bro, i am really confused... some testify of the goodness of america while others say it is not asa easy as portrayed. i don't really care about being mega rich though i wont reject it if opportunity to be presents itself. i just want a comfy life where i can afford anything i and would be family desire

Of course America is good. You are mixing things up here. But America won't be fun if someone try to get in like u are doing. because you don't know of anyone that can house you. Rent is abt 120k a month for a room. You won't be able to work and eat. U will be a lame duck!

Some people do survive such circumstances. They don't even know how they did. Most usually marry akward looking citizen. But it easier to miss wen you have someone to shelter you and tutor you abt life here.

I am against your method because you are not really hopeless and you can come in smoothly. So you don't even care about how your office will view you? You truly want your office to stop sending people out here by running! Haba
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by claycares: 2:20pm On May 01, 2016
Hello peeps, please does anyone here have the contact details of any staff in Ecobank Cotonou branch? I need someone to ask some few questions on Sevis fees. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by aadeyi: 2:28pm On May 01, 2016
claycares:
Hello peeps, please does anyone here have the contact details of any staff in Ecobank Cotonou branch? I need someone to ask some few questions on Sevis fees. Thanks

If only you know the power of Google.com

Ecobank Benin. Rue du Gouverneur Bayol P.O. box:01 B.P. 1280 Cotonou – Bénin Phone:Tél. : (229) 21 31 30 69 / 21 ...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by musicwriter(m): 2:40pm On May 01, 2016
youngmoney416:
One good thing about US economy is that it doesn't reward handwork and hustle as it is in Nigeria, where you can labor for over two years and build a house in your village; no government is there to tax you of your hard earned money. But in America, it rewards great ideas. Look at the innovations in the world today, they are all based in America. Someone came up with an idea booking taxi, today the founders of uber are billionaires. Someone came up with an idea of booking a apartment any where in the world. Today the founders of airbnb are billionaire so on and so forth. There is no nepotism otherwise known as man no man that we practice here in Nigeria depriving creative thinkers of opportunities. I believe you heard of the Nigerian guy who sold his software to apple for $1bn. So when going to America think of the distinguish value you will add other than going with the mindset of hustle. My brother, body no be firewood. So somehow I like their system. Am not saying everybody should be an entrepreneur but be creative and add distinguish value. Good thinking pays more than good hardwork. Peace.

Good analysis and I wish you understand the underlying reason for your observation.

What you've observed is all part of the new world economic order, what I'll like to call neo-capitalist slavery or what they call these days globalization- a new form of world economic order where those who don't work (no matter what part of the world they are) makes money from those who work. You could be working here in Nigeria and someone is making profit from your labour in China or US or in another G8 country. All they need is your labour it doesn't matter where you're!!.

This new world economic order is already advanced in the US, but the US people are too blind to see how it enslaves them in their own country. Their eyes were nearly opened during the "occupy wall street" protest, but the system fought back and won, just like corruption is fighting back here in Nigeria. It works so perfectly well in the US that the system throw open credit lines for this working zombies to borrow perpetually to pay back perpetually. Then, when someone by chance beat the system to partially escape the slavery, they call it "the American dream". It's much like mental slavery we have over here in Africa where people are intellectually enslaved but can't realize it.

See the Capitalist Network That Control The World's economy http://www.africason.com/2015/05/the-capitalist-network-that-control.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 2:57pm On May 01, 2016
aadeyi:
Where is Walspring? It's been a while...

Am back.... Happy new month to you all..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by youngmoney416: 2:59pm On May 01, 2016
musicwriter:

Good analysis and I wish you understand the underlying reason for your observation.

What you've observed is all part of the new world economic order, what I'll like to call neo-capitalist slavery or what they call these days globalization- a new form of world economic order where those who don't work (no matter what part of the world they are) makes money from those who work. You could be working here in Nigeria and someone is making profit from your labour in China or US or in another G8 country. All they need is your labour it doesn't matter where you're!!.

This new world economic order is already advanced in the US, but the US people are too blind to see how it enslaves them in their own country. Their eyes were nearly opened during the "occupy wall street" protest, but the system fought back and won, just like corruption is fighting back here in Nigeria. It works so perfectly well in the US that the system throw open credit lines for this working zombies to borrow perpetually to pay back perpetually. Then, when someone by chance beat the system to partially escape the slavery, they call it "the American dream". It's much like mental slavery we have over here in Africa where people are intellectually enslaved but can't realize it.

See the Capitalist Network That Control The World's economy http://www.africason.com/2015/05/the-capitalist-network-that-control.html
You are very correct and that is why 10% of the population (The rich) control 90% of the population (The middle class) and the 90% of the money in the US. But the system favours those who ostracize and think differently-the inventors who shape our modern day world. Irrespective of who you are and your social stratra, you can thrive with your idea. Now compare that with Nigeria's nepotism that comes conditially and see which is better. The system is not interested in who you know in high places but what you know and can do. They believe in real world approach.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 3:02pm On May 01, 2016
olenime:

Thanks Adeyi for d swift payment you helped me with, I called Walspring today, he'sdoing good, he promiised to be back fully by next month.

I am back now.. Thanks for the call
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 3:03pm On May 01, 2016
aadeyi:

Your head is valid bro.... Aiit tell him we miss him oo

I miss you all as well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 3:08pm On May 01, 2016
Holudarey01:

pastor Walspring. Let's thank God

Nah so.. Make we give the thanks to God..

Happy new month and I am back!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 01, 2016
bigfrancis21 always on point..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 3:35pm On May 01, 2016
dickoflife:
i was actually supporting u. reread my post.

The second part of my last post was corroborating what you said that failure is allowed in as much you tried. That's why I said it is his choice (failure/success) which no one can do anything about at this point.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 3:41pm On May 01, 2016
Walspring:

Am back.... Happy new month to you all..

where u waka go before? you better be present so u can help me get my visa. house i just chexked d app page and dates are available for may 10. abuja is still open. peepss book book book. lets go do our interviews and collect our visas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 3:43pm On May 01, 2016
imperiouxx:

The second part of my last post was corroborating what you said that failure is allowed in as much you tried. That's why I said it is his choice (failure/success) which no one can do anything about at this point.
kai. u dis guy u just dey make me like u small small sha. in other news. i filled civil union in my status on d ds160 cus there was no space for engagedm i hope it is tenable if i am asked and can explain with concrete evidence.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 01, 2016
Walspring:

Nah so.. Make we give the thanks to God..
Happy new month and I am back!
welcome back bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 3:57pm On May 01, 2016
mrego:

lol. any beef with the person behind the name?

if i can get shelter...the rest shouldn't be much of a problem. i can hustle my way to make some cash. i heard i can do 2 to 3 jobs and make good money.

Nope, he/she is not just recognized here. To make life easy for yourself, yea, you need contact(s). @2 to 3 jobs.... men, you will understand when you get here. Just know that you have to search, pay and work on another person's paper before you can even get 1 menial job. You might want to remove NYC from your list if you don't want to suffer more than necessary.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by VitaminB12(m): 4:02pm On May 01, 2016
purplesummer:

Notaries Public are usually lawyers who have been confered with that priviledge. Visit a law firm, ask to meet a notary public. He'll first help you depose to an affidavit and then notarize same for you. Shikina! Then you pay.

Congrats halidaf!
HBD, Birthday mate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by musicwriter(m): 4:04pm On May 01, 2016
youngmoney416:
You are very correct and that is why 10% of the population (The rich) control 90% of the population (The middle class) and the 90% of the money in the US. But the system favours those who ostracize and think differently-the inventors who shape our modern day world. Irrespective of who you are and your social stratra, you can thrive with your idea. Now compare that with Nigeria's nepotism that comes conditially and see which is better. The system is not interested in who you know in high places but what you know and can do. They believe in real world approach.

There's no place in the world that you can't make money, if you have good ideas and put them to work. It would even be better for you to have your good ideas in Nigeria and implement them here in Nigeria, cause you have a better chance of succeeding in Nigeria with your good ideas than in the US. Reason being the US economy is already saturated.

You have to be an Albert Einstein to come up with an idea to make you money in the US that nobody isn't already doing. My brother, believe it or not, you have a better chance of making money in Nigeria than the USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:06pm On May 01, 2016
dickoflife:
kai. u dis guy u just dey make me like u small small sha. in other news. i filled civil union in my status on d ds160 cus there was no space for engagedm i hope it is tenable if i am asked and can explain with concrete evidence.

Don't forget that being single gives no much room for doubt when you finally decided to file through marriage. If you feel filling civil union makes your case stronger at the embassy and you're actually into one, then do the needful. Best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 01, 2016
Happy birthday to this beautiful lady @purplesummer. Wish you more fruitful years ahead. All the best in your visa interview. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 4:21pm On May 01, 2016
imperiouxx:

Don't forget that being single gives no much room for doubt when you finally decided to file through marriage. If you feel filling civil union makes your case stronger at the embassy and you're actually into one, then do the needful. Best!
civil union simply means i have somebody here. it doesnt mean i am married. its not recognised in the us as a marriage just two people living togrther. bro na just way to taje tell them say i get ties to naija. i have researched in the us and it mostly refers to people who live together but have no plans of getting married yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 4:23pm On May 01, 2016
Holudarey01:
Happy birthday to this beautiful lady @purplesummer.
Wish you more fruitful years ahead.
All the best in your visa interview.
Cheers
u no gteet me abi?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 4:26pm On May 01, 2016
imperiouxx:

truth is i filled that cus i tot it wiuld give me a chance to add my kids names on the form but sadly nk such option. after submittjng i realised i could not make any change.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:32pm On May 01, 2016
mrego:

bro, i am really confused... some testify of the goodness of america while others say it is not asa easy as portrayed. i don't really care about being mega rich though i wont reject it if opportunity to be presents itself. i just want a comfy life where i can afford anything i and would be family desire

But wait a minute. If you have multiple entry you can always reenter US many times after the first time. Even if your visa is not multiple entry, your first time can be the time for you to build reputation, make contacts and explore the possibilities of remaining in US legally. I know people who messed up their opportunities by doing this one time sharp man stuffs. Being illegal on B1/B2 is one hell situation you don't want to experience. You don't won't to be crying while hustling and paying your bills. It's your call bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tosynbolade(m): 4:32pm On May 01, 2016
imperiouxx:

Nope, he/she is not just recognized here. To make life easy for yourself, yea, you need contact(s). @2 to 3 jobs.... men, you will understand when you get here. Just know that you have to search, pay and work on another person's paper before you can even get 1 menial job. You might want to remove NYC from your list if you don't want to suffer more than necessary.

The hustle is real in America. There are some things people won't agree with until they come here. Even the menial job na die. Americans sabi use person wella. I am always angry towards the end of each month when I see all the bills I wan pay...lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 01, 2016
dickoflife:
u no gteet me abi?
I don greet you na. check my earlier post
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 01, 2016
dickoflife:
u no gteet me abi?
I don greet you na. check my earlier post
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:35pm On May 01, 2016
dickoflife:
truth is i filled that cus i tot it wiuld give me a chance to add my kids names on the form but sadly nk such option. after submittjng i realised i could not make any change.

Since you're sure then go for it and let them know you have kids (if asked at interview). Having kids at the time of filing green card makes life so easy for the kids.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:38pm On May 01, 2016
dickoflife:
civil union simply means i have somebody here. it doesnt mean i am married. its not recognised in the us as a marriage just two people living togrther. bro na just way to taje tell them say i get ties to naija. i have researched in the us and it mostly refers to people who live together but have no plans of getting married yet.

Yea I know about CU. My concern is that questions come from whatever you filled in your visa when filing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.