Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783395 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by chaiks: 9:53am On May 04, 2016
Thanks dee tus for your reply. It's just that as I am not all that smart in mathematics hence my fear for gre. Now can you please refer me to those schools in the states that can give scholarships full or full tuition waiver. Please what do you think are the criteria for giving such. I have no internship experience. Just a year sales experience and one year NYSC teaching experience .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Buccattee: 10:13am On May 04, 2016
cutemorgan:

I guess you guys are referring to the same thing. Retrieving your application after it has been electronically signed and submitted will generate the info you filled on the previous ds160 but it will issue you a new number(he mentioned that in his previous post). I think that will be applicable for someone who hasn't booked his/her interview with the previous ds160.
I appreciate all your comments,
Please note that, I have booked an appointment with the DS 160, scheduled for 11th of May. My passport has been renewed, the only problem is how to effect the change of my renewed passport in my application. (Note, I booked my appointment before I realized that my passport has 6 months validity left?I got different opinions from people, some said I should fill out a new DS 160 form and go with it on interview day, some said I don't need to cancel my appointment, that I should just go with the renewed passport and explain to VO. Please guys what do you think I should do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by klawaaa: 11:05am On May 04, 2016
chaiks:
Thanks dee tus for your reply. It's just that as I am not all that smart in mathematics hence my fear for gre. Now can you please refer me to those schools in the states that can give scholarships full or full tuition waiver. Please what do you think are the criteria for giving such. I have no internship experience. Just a year sales experience and one year NYSC teaching experience .
Dear dee tus, kindly shield more light. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by NairaSea23: 11:31am On May 04, 2016
Hello all, I recieve my I-20 last week but it has some issues. So I email the school to reissue me a new one. I want to know if the SEVIS ID on the new one will be different from the first one. Can I go ahead with my SEVIS fee payment with the ID on the one with error? Pls advice. Tx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Dammysmart: 11:36am On May 04, 2016
imperiouxx:

If you don't mind south, check among TX, AZ, NM, CO schools. They are cheap around that side. $6000/semester for a masters is really possible.

@difference in the cgpa, the difference is that 3.3 seems to have more understanding of learning materials and have more chance of getting admitted than 2.7. It's like asking what's the difference between B+ and C-. The cgpa is the baseline of every admission screening. In statistics, for a normal curve, x bar + or - standard deviation means a lot. They set the minimum at 3.0 adding 0.30 to the minimum (mean) puts you on the bright side and taking 0.30 from the mean puts you on the poor side.
Thanks sire. so with a cgpa of 3.3 I need not write a GRE exam, and pls who are those who wrote the GRE exam pls sir..wat cgpa warrants you to write a GRE??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 11:57am On May 04, 2016
Dammysmart:
Thanks sire. so with a cgpa of 3.3 I need not write a GRE exam, and pls who are those who wrote the GRE exam pls sir..wat cgpa warrants you to write a GRE??

You need GRE as required by the program you're applying to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 1:05pm On May 04, 2016
dickoflife:
I didnt save my first application and i retrieved it and edited it cus i wanted to change status and it worked only thing is if u filled d visa application form with a date for interview at that point i dont think its possible anymore.

You just make me laugh.. gringringrin

Automatically the the ds160 site saved the form for all applicant, but for the interview site applicant can't edit ds160 before but the embassy stopped it for some reasons best known to them..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 1:13pm On May 04, 2016
dickoflife:
i retrieved, edited mind. They gave me new number but i have not booked appointment yet. U can edit as many times as possible.

What are you editing and retrieving after submission, is it ds160 form and when was that before I say something?

If it's last 1-2 months maybe that's a new policy but if it's more than that no one ever submitted ds160 then retrieve and edit it. You can only retrieve the confirmation page
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Bobority: 1:28pm On May 04, 2016
Walspring:

What are you editing and retrieving after submission, is it ds160 form and when was that before I say something?

If it's last 1-2 months maybe that's a new policy but if it's more than that no one ever submitted ds160 then retrieve and edit it. You can only retrieve the confirmation page

I think what he is trying to say is dat after u submit u can retrieve all d data filled in d previous form but u will b issued a new ID n in his case he hasn't picked a date yet which is better for him. i understand dat once u have submitted ur form n u go back to it dere will b two options to click either confimration page or retrieve application..... it's like he doesn't need to start filling d form all over again only if he has some little changes to make... I stand to b corrected tho.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lazywriter: 2:06pm On May 04, 2016
Visa was approved today in Lagos. 1st trial.

I was asked just 2 questions. The VO didnt even have my time. Will put up transcript in a bit

21 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Deyemmy(m): 2:13pm On May 04, 2016
Good day to you all, been following this thread for a while now, but I really need some information from the gurus in the house... My questions...
Which standard exam is suitable for Masters in Public affairs, International Relations? i. e gmat/gre/ielts/total? For a CGPA of 3.1
2. Can I use more than one sponsor?
3. School that are relatively cheap for masters?
Every response will be highly welcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 04, 2016
klawaaa:
Dear dee tus, kindly shield more light. Thank you
Log on to www.fundingusstudy.org
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 04, 2016
chaiks:
Check out www.fundingusstudy.org

Have posted this several times.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by NairaSea23: 3:10pm On May 04, 2016
lazywriter:

I was asked just 2 questions. The VO didnt even have my time. Will put up transcript in a bit

Congrats...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 3:13pm On May 04, 2016
pepe4reps:

how geniue is this info?

Use at your peril
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lazywriter: 3:14pm On May 04, 2016
Bobority:

I think what he is trying to say is dat after u submit u can retrieve all d data filled in d previous form but u will b issued a new ID n in his case he hasn't picked a date yet which is better for him. i understand dat once u have submitted ur form n u go back to it dere will b two options to click either confimration page or retrieve application..... it's like he doesn't need to start filling d form all over again only if he has some little changes to make... I stand to b corrected tho.

Whatever he does his confirmation number must tally with the one he submitted earlier (which is already on their record and used as a gate pass).

I saw a guy that was turned back (go back home and told to reapply) because the confirmation number he had and that on their record didnt tally.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 3:22pm On May 04, 2016
NairaSea23:
Hello all, I recieve my I-20 last week but it has some issues. So I email the school to reissue me a new one. I want to know if the SEVIS ID on the new one will be different from the first one. Can I go ahead with my SEVIS fee payment with the ID on the one with error? Pls advice. Tx

The sevis id should still stay the same since the I-20 being re-issued is still for the same semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 3:28pm On May 04, 2016
Buccattee:

I appreciate all your comments,
Please note that, I have booked an appointment with the DS 160, scheduled for 11th of May. My passport has been renewed, the only problem is how to effect the change of my renewed passport in my application. (Note, I booked my appointment before I realized that my passport has 6 months validity left?I got different opinions from people, some said I should fill out a new DS 160 form and go with it on interview day, some said I don't need to cancel my appointment, that I should just go with the renewed passport and explain to VO. Please guys what do you think I should do?

Are you in a hurry to attend your visa interview? When does your school resume?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by NairaSea23: 3:37pm On May 04, 2016
bigfrancis21:

The sevis id should still stay the same since the I-20 being re-issued is still for the same semester.

Thanks @bigfrancis21 So i can go ahead and initiate payment right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 3:44pm On May 04, 2016
NairaSea23:

Thanks @bigfrancis21 So i can go ahead and initiate payment right?

Yes you can. The most common time schools initiate a new sevis id is when you defer your admission and change semesters. But asides that, you should be good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 3:48pm On May 04, 2016
Bobority:

After submission you can't retrieve all details you filled unless they started it 2-3 months ago even not to talk of editing as well..

He only retrieved all those details back when he haven't submit his/her ds160 and another way to see all what you submitted is when you saved it after submission on your system..

Although there is an option there that when filling you can saved it as a file and maybe that's why he did after submission to have retrieve all details but that file was already saved on his/her computer and the opened when click..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Icebergtm: 3:53pm On May 04, 2016
Hello
Pls someone shud pls advice me I was denied an F-1 visa again 2day at Lagos embassy and av already paid my tuition fee in my school what should I do now, can my $6000 fee be returned? my school is resuming soon... Dis is my second tym of denial. I need advice pls

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 04, 2016
lazywriter:

congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 4:12pm On May 04, 2016
Icebergtm:
Hello
Pls someone shud pls advice me I was denied an F-1 visa again 2day at Lagos embassy and av already paid my tuition fee in my school what should I do now, can my $6000 fee be returned? my school is resuming soon... Dis is my second tym of denial. I need advice pls

Sorry about your denial and don't give up.

Your money can be return back but I doubt if you will get the exact money you paid due to exchange rate palava

To this who believe and thought that paying for school fee will make the VO give the student t visa this is a typical example..

Let us try and prepare well so that we can eligible for visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by drealsheggs: 4:45pm On May 04, 2016
Felicitation frere et du courage!!!

lazywriter:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by daaz001: 4:50pm On May 04, 2016
Icebergtm:
Hello
Sorry abt d denial bro but can u kindly post ur transcript so dat gurus on here can review and tell u where your fault might be and the probably solution so that others on here can learn from it.........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rogerdavid: 5:10pm On May 04, 2016
Hello Gurus in the house.

I must thank you all for your helpful advice and contributions here.

Permit me, I have another question.

Can I pay my SEVIS fee from Nigeria using my GTB masters card?

I know it might have been addressed here but some of you might agree with me about the tedious reality of checking every comment
Thanks for the anticipated response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by brightify: 5:12pm On May 04, 2016
lazywriter:
congrat bro,share your transcripts

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.