Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783340 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by brightify: 5:19pm On May 04, 2016
rogerdavid:
Hello Gurus in the house.
I must thank you all for your helpful advice and contributions here.
Permit me, I have another question.
Can I pay my SEVIS fee from Nigeria using my GTB masters card?
I know it might have been addressed here but some of you might agree with me about the tedious reality of checking every comment
Thanks for the anticipated response
you can't use any master card for the SEVIS fee payment, is either you ask someone here in USA to help you make the payment or you can also go to seme border to make the payment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 5:19pm On May 04, 2016
Bobority:

I think what he is trying to say is dat after u submit u can retrieve all d data filled in d previous form but u will b issued a new ID n in his case he hasn't picked a date yet which is better for him. i understand dat once u have submitted ur form n u go back to it dere will b two options to click either confimration page or retrieve application..... it's like he doesn't need to start filling d form all over again only if he has some little changes to make... I stand to b corrected tho.
e go beta for u

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by brightify: 5:19pm On May 04, 2016
rogerdavid:
I know it might have been addressed here but some of you might agree with me about the tedious reality of checking every comment
you can't use any master card for the SEVIS fee payment, is either you ask someone here in USA to help you make the payment or you can also go to seme border to make the payment.hope it helps
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fart: 5:22pm On May 04, 2016
Icebergtm:
Hello
Pls someone shud pls advice me I was denied an F-1 visa again 2day at Lagos embassy and av already paid my tuition fee in my school what should I do now, can my $6000 fee be returned? my school is resuming soon... Dis is my second tym of denial. I need advice pls

Don't ask for your money back. Call the school and tell them you were denied and would like to start school in January or next school year. This is called deffering

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fart: 5:28pm On May 04, 2016
My brothers and sisters in the house. I beg. Has anyone taken GMAT exam? What was your score. I beg for your assistance .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by NairaSea23: 5:50pm On May 04, 2016
rogerdavid:

You cant use any card of any sort to pay for your SEVIS fee since you are a Nigerian, not even a foreign card can be use for u. The only options you have are by money orderor western union, and not in Nigeria. So if you have any reliable source in the US, u can contact them orseek for help here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rogerdavid: 6:29pm On May 04, 2016
NairaSea23:

You cant use any card of any sort to pay for your SEVIS fee since you are a Nigerian, not even a foreign card can be use for u. The only options you have are by money orderor western union, and not in Nigeria. So if you have any reliable source in the US, u can contact them orseek for help here.

Thank you NairaSea23.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rogerdavid: 6:32pm On May 04, 2016
brightify:
you can't use any master card for the SEVIS fee payment, is either you ask someone here in USA to help you make the payment or you can also go to seme border to make the payment.hope it helps

Thank you Brightify
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rogerdavid: 6:40pm On May 04, 2016
Thank you Guys for the info on how to pay my SEVIS fee.
I have found a friend in the US who is willing to help me pay. And I have one more question :

Apart from the cash and my I-20, what other documents will he need to process the payment?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 7:09pm On May 04, 2016
lazywriter:
Visa was approved today in Lagos. 1st trial.

I was asked just 2 questions. The VO didnt even have my time. Will put up transcript in a bit

Congratulations! Did you read my post before the interview or question wasn't asked in that direction?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 7:15pm On May 04, 2016
rogerdavid:
Thank you Guys for the info on how to pay my SEVIS fee.
I have found a friend in the US who is willing to help me pay. And I have one more question :

Apart from the cash and my I-20, what other documents will he need to process the payment?

Thanks
You can visit fmjfee.com, fill in the information required and generate a coupon number. Then send the coupon number or the coupon itself alongside your scanned i20 and cash boss.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bukunmmy(m): 7:51pm On May 04, 2016
lazywriter:

I was asked just 2 questions. The VO didnt even have my time. Will put up transcript in a bit

Congrats Bro.......... I tap from Ur Blessing My Testimony is Next

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Buccattee: 8:11pm On May 04, 2016
Hello guys,
Please I want to cancel my appointment and reschedule, will this attract another payment at GT Bank? Just want to extend the date from next week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 8:14pm On May 04, 2016
Icebergtm:
Hello
Pls someone shud pls advice me I was denied an F-1 visa again 2day at Lagos embassy and av already paid my tuition fee in my school what should I do now, can my $6000 fee be returned? my school is resuming soon... Dis is my second tym of denial. I need advice pls

post ur transcript lets c so we can help.. and sure de wud return ur money but with offcial 199 rate. did u pay d fees with official rate or black market.?? but if u wanna make profit from d cash, u can ask dem to send the money to a third party in d us, who will now send it tru 305 black market rate to u .if i do am for u i must take my cut wink....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Tods(f): 8:31pm On May 04, 2016
[Qquote author=warriboy21 post=45315995]

post ur transcript lets c so we can help.. and sure de wud return ur money but with offcial 199 rate. did u pay d fees with official rate or black market.?? but if u wanna make profit from d cash, u can ask dem to send the money to a third party in d us, who will now send it tru 305 black market rate to u .if i do am for u i must take my cut wink....[/quote] u be correct warriboy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lazywriter: 8:36pm On May 04, 2016
Mayflowa:

Congratulations! Did you read my post before the interview or question wasn't asked in that direction?

I actually read it after...

The question was asked and I gave her the response I posted

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Emadapoet: 8:41pm On May 04, 2016
lazywriter:

Congrats bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 04, 2016
warriboy21:

post ur transcript lets c so we can help.. and sure de wud return ur money but with offcial 199 rate. did u pay d fees with official rate or black market.?? but if u wanna make profit from d cash, u can ask dem to send the money to a third party in d us, who will now send it tru 305 black market rate to u .if i do am for u i must take my cut wink....
you be confirm son of the land.
lool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lazywriter: 9:14pm On May 04, 2016
Like I said earlier, visa was approved today in Lagos. 11am appointment

Since I booked the appointment on the 20th of April, I have not been able to sleep well. The interview was all I could think of, so I prepared using part 7 transcript and pages (1-200 and 251 to the end). I fasted and prayed for 2 days too.

I couldn't even sleep well this morning. Woke up around 4am.

I got to the embassy around 9:20 and immediately joined the queue. During the verification process (before entering the thumb printing and interview room), the guy in front of me was sent back to reapply because his confirmation number on the DS-160 he brought didn't match what they had in his appointment. So people whatever you do, if you must edit your DS-160 after submitting and a new confirmation code is generated just re-schedule your interview with the new confirmation code to avoid unnecessary gobe!

After the security checks, we were directed to the mighty hall. I must commend people on this thread. ha! you guys have done such a good job that nothing was left to my imagination. Everything was exactly as described. I felt like I had been there before, which really helped my anxiety and nervousness. After moving the queue, it got to my turn, but before then the family of 4 that was interviewed before me were denied, so were the two females that flanked them on the left and right. I kept singing different songs in my head as it helped fade out the environment and ease tension too. I don't even remember the window number I was interviewed sef but the lady had deep blue eyes and wore a straight face.

ME: Good morning *with a genuine smile* *then passed my documents (Passport, SEVIS and I20)*

VO: Good morning, tell me about your plans *she looks at my I20 for like 3 seconds and dropped it and didnt touch it till she returned it to me**she then types for some seconds*

ME: I plan to travel to the University of Bleep for my masters degree in Technology Management. After which I will return to Nigeria and use my skill set in assessing the various sectors for shortcomings and improving on them.

VO: Who will be paying for the program?

ME: Ma mere, she is a bleep bleep bleep

VO: *types for a bit*

VO: Have your I20. Your visa has been approved, you will be needing this to pick up your passport

Shikena!

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 9:22pm On May 04, 2016
Buccattee:
Hello guys,
Please I want to cancel my appointment and reschedule, will this attract another payment at GT Bank? Just want to extend the date from next week.

If you haven't cancelled before then it won t attract another payment but if you have cancelled once you will pay for a new visa fee or if cancelled twice you will pay for the new visa fee

Although, you will get a warning or signal or alert that you have exceeded the numbers to cancel appointment date and if you click cancel you will have to pay for another visa fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 9:23pm On May 04, 2016
dickoflife:
e go beta for u

I will try that soon so that I can learn new things as usual
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by monsieur2016(m): 9:25pm On May 04, 2016
lazywriter:

Since I booked the appointment on the 20th of April, I have not been able to sleep well. The interview was all I could think of, so I prepared using part 7 transcript and pages (1-200 and 251 to the end). I fasted and prayed for 2 days too.

I got to the embassy around 9:20 and immediately joined the queue. During the verification process (before entering the thumb printing and interview room), the guy in front of me was sent back to reapply because his confirmation number on the DS-160 he brought didn't match what they had in his appointment. So people whatever you do, if you must edit your DS-160 after submitting and a new confirmation code is generated just re-schedule your interview with the new confirmation code to avoid unnecessary gobe!

After the security checks, we were directed to the mighty hall. I must commend people on this thread. ha! you guys have done such a good job that nothing was left to my imagination. Everything was exactly as described. I felt like I had been there before, which really helped my anxiety and nervousness. After moving the queue, it got to my turn, but before then the family of 4 that was interviewed before me were denied, so were the two females that flanked them on the left and right. I kept singing different songs in my head as it helped fade out the environment and ease tension too. I don't even remember the window number I was interviewed sef but the lady had deep blue eyes and wore a straight face.

ME: Good morning *with a genuine smile* *then passed my documents (Passport, SEVIS and I20)*

VO: Good morning, tell me about your plans *she looks at my I20 for like 3 seconds and dropped it and didnt touch it till she returned it to me**she then types for some seconds*

ME: I plan to travel to the University of Bleep for my masters degree in Technology Management. After which I will return to Nigeria and use my skill set in assessing the various sectors for shortcomings and improving on them.

VO: Have your I20. Your visa has been approved, you will be needing this to pick up your passport

Shikena!

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 04, 2016
lazywriter:

Shikena!

shortest interview ever.
congrats bro.
in Profojah's voice ' your head is valid'
More success stories to come.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lionlee216(m): 9:33pm On May 04, 2016
lazywriter, congrats!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by drealsheggs: 9:45pm On May 04, 2016
felicitation encore!

lazywriter:

Shikena!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by drealsheggs: 9:45pm On May 04, 2016
félicitation encore!

lazywriter:

Shikena!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by brightify: 10:05pm On May 04, 2016
lazywriter:
Shikena! Congrats bro,your prayer really
worked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gray2016: 10:07pm On May 04, 2016
Good evening all, iv been following this thread for a while. Im about to schedule an appointment for my student visa. Please I will like to find out what the number indicated under available means..

I see select, time, date and available.
Select Time Date Available
07:30 Thursday May 19, 2016 9
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gray2016: 10:12pm On May 04, 2016
09:00 Thursday May 19, 2016 6
I see 9 and 6, can anyone please tell me what these numbers mean
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lazywriter: 10:14pm On May 04, 2016
gray2016:
Good evening all, iv been following this thread for a while. Im about to schedule an appointment for my student visa. Please I will like to find out what the number indicated under available means..

I see select, time, date and available.

Available means there are 9 slots left for Thursday 7:30 appointment. If your school is resuming soon, you better book as soon as possible.

May 19 is the next available day, meaning there is no slot between now and 19th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AshBammy(f): 10:19pm On May 04, 2016
drealsheggs:
félicitation encore!

I tap into this testimony in Jesus name.
#teamJune lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by whizfem(m): 10:25pm On May 04, 2016
Trying to post a transcript here i keep getting "an unexpected error occurred"

Whats the way out?

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.