Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783387 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Kpimp: 10:32pm On May 04, 2016
lazywriter:
Like I said earlier, visa was approved today in Lagos. 11am appointment

Since I booked the appointment on the 20th of April, I have not been able to sleep well. The interview was all I could think of, so I prepared using part 7 transcript and pages (1-200 and 251 to the end). I fasted and prayed for 2 days too.

I couldn't even sleep well this morning. Woke up around 4am.

I got to the embassy around 9:20 and immediately joined the queue. During the verification process (before entering the thumb printing and interview room), the guy in front of me was sent back to reapply because his confirmation number on the DS-160 he brought didn't match what they had in his appointment. So people whatever you do, if you must edit your DS-160 after submitting and a new confirmation code is generated just re-schedule your interview with the new confirmation code to avoid unnecessary gobe!

After the security checks, we were directed to the mighty hall. I must commend people on this thread. ha! you guys have done such a good job that nothing was left to my imagination. Everything was exactly as described. I felt like I had been there before, which really helped my anxiety and nervousness. After moving the queue, it got to my turn, but before then the family of 4 that was interviewed before me were denied, so were the two females that flanked them on the left and right. I kept singing different songs in my head as it helped fade out the environment and ease tension too. I don't even remember the window number I was interviewed sef but the lady had deep blue eyes and wore a straight face.

ME: Good morning *with a genuine smile* *then passed my documents (Passport, SEVIS and I20)*

VO: Good morning, tell me about your plans *she looks at my I20 for like 3 seconds and dropped it and didnt touch it till she returned it to me**she then types for some seconds*

ME: I plan to travel to the University of Bleep for my masters degree in Technology Management. After which I will return to Nigeria and use my skill set in assessing the various sectors for shortcomings and improving on them.

VO: Who will be paying for the program?

ME: Ma mere, she is a bleep bleep bleep

VO: *types for a bit*

VO: Have your I20. Your visa has been approved, you will be needing this to pick up your passport

Shikena!

congrat.God's work shortest transcrcript have read so far
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 04, 2016
lazywriter:

Available means there are 9 slots left for Thursday 7:30 appointment. If your school is resuming soon, you better book as soon as possible.

May 19 is the next available day, meaning there is no slot between now and 19th
please,it's urgent,how can I pay for my GRE??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Dapsey66: 10:47pm On May 04, 2016
hello all, for some weird reason I am being locked out of printing my sevis payment confirmation. Is anyone else having this same issue? called the customer care and everything seemed to be fine on their end as regards my payment but one lady did say she had issues with her computer {SERVER) if you have paid your sevis fee, please try to view payment confirmation I need to be sure this is actually a server thing and not just me. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 04, 2016
brightify:
worked
pls house how can I pay for my GRE exam ,its urgent ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lazywriter: 10:54pm On May 04, 2016
pepe4reps:

Regarding GRE you can use your Naira master card and accept whatever rate they use, if you have a domiciliary even better.

Just be careful with whom helps you with this because if the payment bounces back, they can seize your result.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by brightify: 11:01pm On May 04, 2016
pepe4reps:

you can actually use money order or paypal,during when I want to reschedule my SAT date I used master card for the payment, but I called the college board and they verified somethings before I was allowed to use master card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by brightify: 11:06pm On May 04, 2016
pepe4reps:

I think using PayPal is more easier and faster, you just have to create an account and make the payment with master card. Don't really know much about GRE cos I'm going for undergraduate program
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 11:27pm On May 04, 2016
Now its time to bounce back after my denials. I just wanna make a confirmation from the gurus here. I took some time to go through some schools and i realized most schools accept Post baccalaureate degree. Can my PGD be termed a post baccalaureate degree? Gurus, i need your take on this,so i can know the next move to make.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by drOdu(m): 11:37pm On May 04, 2016
NairaSea23:

U are always here to find help. But u couldn't share your interview transcript for others to learn. Even if someone PM u, u won't respond. Goodluck in your GA quest.

Pls go back and look at my previous comments I posted a succinct detail of my transcript ,click my username and look at my previous post. Also I don't know how to check PM abeg no vex. Just mail me drdamilola.mconsult@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by drOdu(m): 11:40pm On May 04, 2016
Kpimp:

Maybe because his name is lazywriter...lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 1:17am On May 05, 2016
Holudarey01:

you be confirm son of the land.
lool
Na we de run am grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 1:17am On May 05, 2016
Tods:
[Qquote author=warriboy21 post=45315995]

post ur transcript lets c so we can help.. and sure de wud return ur money but with offcial 199 rate. did u pay d fees with official rate or black market.?? but if u wanna make profit from d cash, u can ask dem to send the money to a third party in d us, who will now send it tru 305 black market rate to u .if i do am for u i must take my cut wink.... u be correct warriboy

Na so my bro grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by arhziz: 1:40am On May 05, 2016
Hello all, i transfered my sevis payment to another sevis id, but the school code on the confirmation page is different from the one i have with me, please how do i change this. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by HOTWATER(m): 3:00am On May 05, 2016
pepe4reps:

I guess you have had avalanche of options to choose from. But if you still did not succeed . you can reach out to me . I will collect the Naira equivalent and use my wells Fargo card to pay for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Deyemmy(m): 6:42am On May 05, 2016
Deyemmy:
Good day to you all, been following this thread for a while now, but I really need some information from the gurus in the house... My questions...
Which standard exam is suitable for Masters in Public affairs, International Relations? i. e gmat/gre/ielts/total? For a CGPA of 3.1
2. Can I use more than one sponsor?
3. School that are relatively cheap for masters?
Every response will be highly welcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by oluphy: 7:47am On May 05, 2016
AgreatMan:

Mine took 3 weeks but then, I did some leg work. It usually takes Considerable time b4 ur application gets to the department from the graduate. In my case, I sent all my docs including a proof of payment of the application fee to the department's office manager who quickly packaged my file to d Ad Com. As someone stated, schools are in their exam period n maybe they haven't had time to sit. But then, summer is here already n u she hv heard from them. Try n contact them, n just in case they say summer is too late; tell em to give u consideration for fall.
hello... would love to av a chat with u... same department also
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 7:48am On May 05, 2016
I just wanna make a confirmation from the gurus here. I took some time to go through some schools and i realized most schools accept Post baccalaureate degree. Can my PGD be termed a post baccalaureate degree? Gurus, i need your take on this,so i can know the next move to make.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by oluphy: 7:50am On May 05, 2016
arhziz:
Hello all, i transfered my sevis payment to another sevis id, but the school code on the confirmation page is different from the one i have with me, please how do i change this. Thank you
send a mail to SEVIS . Or the international office of the school to confirm the school code. Pls was it "SEVISFEE" u used as company name during initial payment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:52am On May 05, 2016
Kpimp:

Lol.. There is one shortest transcript you still need to look for as well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:57am On May 05, 2016
Dapsey66:
hello all, for some weird reason I am being locked out of printing my sevis payment confirmation. Is anyone else having this same issue? called the customer care and everything seemed to be fine on their end as regards my payment but one lady did say she had issues with her computer {SERVER) if you have paid your sevis fee, please try to view payment confirmation I need to be sure this is actually a server thing and not just me. Thanks.

It might be system issue or upgrading if truly everything seems to be fine as you were told by the customer care service of DHS/SEVP

Did the person pay via Western union or Money order/checks ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:58am On May 05, 2016
arhziz:

Contact them back via email and let them be aware that the school code is different and they will correct it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rogerdavid: 8:12am On May 05, 2016
cutemorgan:

You can visit fmjfee.com, fill in the information required and generate a coupon number. Then send the coupon number or the coupon itself alongside your scanned i20 and cash boss.

Thanks cutemorgan.
I did that just now. Very straightforward.
God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennykolabo: 10:05am On May 05, 2016
Good day good people.
Please i need your urgent reaponse.

Please i made a mistake while filling my ds160 and i have submitted with appointment booked. Please do i fill a new ds160 and link it to my former confirmation number.
If yes... please how can i as i intend doing it today.
God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Sjvictor21: 10:16am On May 05, 2016
I am a final year medical student studying outside Nigeria. I took the GRE in February and got a score of 288. Q- 144, V- 141, AWA- 3.0. Pretty low, I know. I wasn't really prepared for the exam, I took it after 1 month of preparation with magoosh. The problem here is that I don't think I can retake the exam any time soon this year because I have alot of other exams to take such as my final medical school exams, Nigeria's medical liscening exam, Toefl, Ielts and USMLE. The rest of this year is pretty booked for me.

My plan after medical school is to go for my masters in health administration or public health, before I begin my residency in medicine. Please can anyone recommend any school that I can apply to with such GRE score? My total GPA after graduation should be around 4.8/5.0.
And also, with this stats of mine do you think I would be able to get admission?

Thanking you in advance for all your assistance and kind contributions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Icebergtm: 11:24am On May 05, 2016
Here was how my transcript went:

I approached her and greeted
Me: Goodmorning
V.O: HI, ur passport pls...
She quickly opened d pages of d passport and saw that I don't av any traveling records, nxt she asked afta my i20 form, I gave it to her
She looked at it and asked...
V.O: where r u going to
Me: Am going to Norwallk, Connecticut for a degree in business Administration and management
V.O. Which school
Me. Norwalk community college
V.O. Who's paying for this?
Me. My mum
V.O. What does she do?
Me. Shes a business woman, fashion designing
V.O.: why associate degree and not a bachelors degree
Me: that's the highest degree the school offers apart from other certifications
V.O. But there are other schools in the U.S that offers bachelors degree why didn't u choose from those?
Me. because I av a strong interest and passion for my choice of school, it's a nice school and my uncle over there went to the school and recommended it to me.
V.O. Are you currently working?
Me. No
V.O. When did u finish ur secondary school?
Me. 2008
V.O. What av u been doin from 2008 till now
Me. Noting
The nxt thing she said was am sorry but u do not qualify for a bla bla bla, gave me d blue printed paper
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rogerdavid: 11:25am On May 05, 2016
lazywriter:

Available means there are 9 slots left for Thursday 7:30 appointment. If your school is resuming soon, you better book as soon as possible.

May 19 is the next available day, meaning there is no slot between now and 19th

Thank you for expounding, Lazywriter. This is helpful.

I am currently working on paying my SEVIS but please is there anyway to view the available dates for appointment?
This is solely for the purpose of 'planning ahead'.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rogerdavid: 11:35am On May 05, 2016
Icebergtm:

She quickly opened d pages of d passport and saw that I don't av any traveling records, nxt she asked afta my i20 form, I gave it to her
Me: Am going to Norwallk, Connecticut for a degree in business Administration and management
V.O. Which school
Me. My mum
V.O. What does she do?
V.O. But there are other schools in the U.S that offers bachelors degree why didn't u choose from those?
Me. because I av a strong interest and passion for my choice of school, it's a nice school and my uncle over there went to the school and recommended it to me.
Me. No
Me. 2008
Me. Noting
The nxt thing she said was am sorry but u do not qualify for a bla bla bla, gave me d blue printed paper

I am sorry to know this, Icebergtm.
I hope by re-applying and getting some help here, you will get your student visa.

Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Icebergtm: 11:38am On May 05, 2016
rogerdavid:

I am sorry to know this, Icebergtm.
I hope by re-applying and getting some help here, you will get your student visa.
Good luck

Tanx Rogerdavid, do u guys advice I re-apply at Abuja, wat r my chances if I reapply again there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 11:45am On May 05, 2016
Icebergtm:

V.O. Which school
Me. My mum
V.O. What does she do?
Me. No
Me. 2008
Me. Noting

She wanted to give you but the last answer kill it all.. That shows you have been sleeping and playing since 2008. Put yourself in VO shoe, can you approve that? Pls expect why associate degree in your next interview, your answer is not strong enough...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by aamgroup: 11:46am On May 05, 2016
hello house......
Please can anyone help me with SAT study materials?. and i already sent a blank e-mail to selfstudy360 but they didn't include SAT.

thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Icebergtm: 12:00pm On May 05, 2016
don4ye:

She wanted to give you but the last answer kill it all.. That shows you have been sleeping and playing since 2008. Put yourself in VO shoe, can you approve that? Pls expect why associate degree in your next interview, your answer is not strong enough...

But can they still ask me the questions on my previous interview, cos I don't knw if they do record down the questions and my replies... And can I say av been working or I joined my mother in her business since 2008 till date wud it complicate any issue.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 05, 2016
Icebergtm:

V.O. Which school
Me. My mum
V.O. What does she do?
Me. No
Me. 2008
Me. Noting

seems you're new on this thread.
1) VO wants to know what you've been doing since 2008.
2) I think you should look for a better reason for applying to that college.
Go prepare yourself and destroy the VO.
My 50cents

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.