Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784541 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 06, 2016
cseejhay:

boss thanks plenty...abeg how much is the exchange rate adopted?
depends on your bank o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:17pm On May 06, 2016
@ lazywriter, rhemmie91 and unclev,

Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 06, 2016
imperiouxx:

Cheers!
The boss and his trademark
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:26pm On May 06, 2016
Dammysmart:
hello pls to the guru in the house, my bro has gotten a visa just recently, its a J1 visa (Just for a prog in the USA, he intends coming bk to the country and then return before his Visa (4months) expires so I have these questions:

1. What are the chances he has for his Visa to be extended?? He has enough contact in the USA like 4 Precisely.

4 months is a very short time to do anything than the purpose of coming to U.S. It's not about having any contacts, even if his relatives are all working at the USCIS office, extension is by applying and attending visa interview outside U.S.

Dammysmart:

2. Life in Nigeria isn't really bearable for him and that's why he intends going back and begin schooling shortly after, can he enrol into the US Army reserve (He knows a colonel in the US army a Nigerian though.

U.S army active/reserve is for citizens, permanent residents and non-citizens or residents (documented) that have spent at least 2 years in U.S. Even if he knows the highest ranked officer, it doesn't work in U.S like it works in Nigeria.

Dammysmart:

3. What generally d you advice him to do if he was your own brother, knowing the situation of the Country today!

thank I'll b awaiting responses.

My advise to him would be like: A girl gave you free _pussy, you did it and gave it a hard slap, tell me if you will see such opportunity next time you need her _pussy. He who got 4 months visa and didn't violate any immigration rules has greater chance of getting 2 years visa in next visit and a greater chance of learning fast how to become a successful legal resident in U.S.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 06, 2016
Walspring,hit me up on watsapp please..when you have the time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:40pm On May 06, 2016
Holudarey01:

The boss and his trademark

Trademark after seeing their transcripts. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 4:46pm On May 06, 2016
dicapino:

Bro how did you take the passport photo you used?
Boss dicapino, to complement what oga walspring mentioned, you can also visit this link.
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos.html

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 4:48pm On May 06, 2016
[quote author=imperiouxx post=453715
U.S army active/reserve is for citizens, permanent residents and non-citizens or residents (documented) that have spent at least 2 years in U.S. Even if he knows the highest ranked officer, it doesn't work in U.S like it works in Nigeria.
[/quote]
A guy I knw who join the reserve have been converted to active, the guy is serving in Kuwait.
It just seem they no longer have a reserve duty
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mystiqme: 5:53pm On May 06, 2016
imperiouxx:

My advise to him would be like: A girl gave you free _pussy, you did it and gave it a hard slap, tell me if you will see such opportunity next time you need her _pussy. He who got 4 months visa and didn't violate any immigration rules has greater chance of getting 2 years visa in next visit and a greater chance of learning fast how to become a successful legal resident in U.S.

This made me chuckle. How are you sir?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 6:24pm On May 06, 2016
dannybrown19:

A guy I knw who join the reserve have been converted to active, the guy is serving in Kuwait.

Based on his question, one has to be documented and be living in U.S for at least 2 before he can be considered.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 6:26pm On May 06, 2016
Mystiqme:

This made me chuckle. How are you sir?

Abi na grin I'm fine. And you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 6:27pm On May 06, 2016
imperiouxx:

Base on his question, one has to be documented and be living in U.S for at least 2 before he can be considered.
Yeah, that's true

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 6:57pm On May 06, 2016
dicapino:

Thanks a lot my OGA

Let's give the thanks to God big boss

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by brightify: 7:03pm On May 06, 2016
Hello gurus in the house, my uncle in usa made the payment of my sevis fee yesterday,he was giving a coupon number but when I checked the payment status is not yet paid
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Dammysmart: 7:48pm On May 06, 2016
imperiouxx:

4 months is a very short time to do anything than the purpose of coming to U.S. It's not about having any contacts, even if his relatives are all working at the USCIS office, extension is by applying and attending visa interview outside U.S.

Thanks a lot sir ...I'm grateful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 8:00pm On May 06, 2016
brightify:
Hello gurus in the house, my uncle in usa made the payment of my sevis fee yesterday,he was giving a coupon number but when I checked the payment status is not yet paid

If he was given a coupon number then he just filled the payment form to initiate payment for the sevis.. Ask him if he pay via money order/check or via western union..

If it's western Union it takes less than 10 minutes and you will see your receipt online but via money order or check will take 3-5 working days..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 8:17pm On May 06, 2016
How far boss Buccattee, have you been able to find your way around that parol?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Buccattee: 8:29pm On May 06, 2016
cutemorgan:
How far boss Buccattee, have you been able to find your way around that parol?
Yes Bro, I got my passport renewed, and my new passport details has been updated on my appointment confirmation and DS 160. My interview date still remains 11th of May.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lazywriter: 8:48pm On May 06, 2016
imperiouxx:

Cheers!

thanks bruv
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by brightify: 8:52pm On May 06, 2016
Walspring:

If he was given a coupon number then he just filled the payment form to initiate payment for the sevis.. Ask him if he pay via money order/check or via western union..
If it's western Union it takes less than 10 minutes and you will see your receipt online but via money order or check will take 3-5 working days..
he told me he send check to them,please is he going to send them something else?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 9:20pm On May 06, 2016
Buccattee:

Yes Bro, I got my passport renewed, and my new passport details has been updated on my appointment confirmation and DS 160. My interview date still remains 11th of May.
Wow!!! Nice one boss mi... All the best to us all smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Lildoc(m): 9:22pm On May 06, 2016
Pls anyone here that has just gotten a DS-260 form, and where can i get my police report from, i stay at lagos snd am new here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 06, 2016
Lildoc:
Pls anyone here that has just gotten a DS-260 form, and where can i get my police report from, i stay at lagos snd am new here
I think its done at a popular police station close to Obalende, I think its called CID Alagbon (Central Criminal Registry. Force C.I.D, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos) or so.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Lildoc(m): 9:35pm On May 06, 2016
slimmy2005:
I think its done at a popular police station close to Obalende, I think its called CID Alagbon (Central Criminal Registry. Force C.I.D, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos) or so.
thanks bro but do u knw anytin abt d DS 260 datz my section. So if u cn help me out. I'm. Gonna be very happy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 9:36pm On May 06, 2016
brightify:
he told me he send check to them,please is he going to send them something else?

The check and the coupon payment confirmation page. Am sure if what he sent is not correct they will contact him back.

Just wait till next week Tuesday your payment will reflect online
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by brightify: 9:46pm On May 06, 2016
Walspring:

The check and the coupon payment confirmation page. Am sure if what he sent is not correct they will contact him back.
Walspring:

OK thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 06, 2016
Lildoc:
thanks bro but do u knw anytin abt d DS 260 datz my section. So if u cn help me out. I'm. Gonna be very happy
Thats immigrant form. Since you have a case number already use this link as sample guide: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DS-260%20Exemplar.pdf
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 06, 2016
lazywriter:

thanks bruv
Congrats. They knew your ID and decided not to ask too many questions. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 06, 2016
dannybrown19:

When you enlist and sign the contract, there is no term that state you can't be converted to active if need be. At least, he got the citizenship. I have a friend going to Germany soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 10:02pm On May 06, 2016
Congrats Lazywriter, rhemmie91, unclev! May looking litt already! Positive transcripts.....

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Dammysmart: 10:41pm On May 06, 2016
Please sorry to disturb you all, I need to ask this again, please will the duration of the visa be on the visa page?? and all J1 visa I think its for 2yrs from NY observation but you are not to stay longer than your main course there, please enlighten me more on this. thanks I'm loving this platform really..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 11:15pm On May 06, 2016
unclev:
Of a truth, God is a good God and His mercies endures forever. This is my testimony

I started working on furthering my studies last year. I took TOEFL (102), GRE (296), and applied to only 2 schools. I actually only completed the application for one as I couldn’t get a research supervisor/committee for the second school before the deadline for the application was over. Even though it was stated that the minimum score for GRE for the program I am going is 300, I applied with faith believing God that no School will deny my admission. I focused on God, won souls for Christ fasted and prayed, and sowed seeds to secure my admission and my visa. Today God proved himself that he is not a user of man but rather he is looking for whom to bless.

I arrived the US Consulate at about 8.40am. I first joined one queue outside (where people queue up before they enter and go through security). When it got to my turn on that queue the security official said it’s not yet time for my interview as the people going in now were for 8.30 and 9.00. He asked me to wait that he will call for the 11.00 applicants soon. So I waited for about 45mins (standing all through, no chairs) before they called in the applicants for the 11.00am interview (this was like around 9.20am). So I went in and passed through all the rigorous stages of screening, finger prints, etc…..it was a very long line. Finally I arrived in front of window 3 for the interview at about 10.00am.

The VO was one oyibo lady that wasn’t smiling at all. The interview went as follows:
Me: Good morning ma….smiling sheepishly
VO: pass me your passport and your documents
Me: passed my passport, i-20, sevis receipt, ds 160 confirmation, etc
VO: What are your study plans?
Me: I’m going for graduate studies at the University of blah blah blah, where I will be studying for my Masters degree in blah blah blah. The program begins this Summer and ends next year after which I will return home and utilize the knowledge and research skills I have acquired in the US.
VO: Do you have a Bachelors Degree?
Me: Yes. I have a BSc in blah blah blah
VO: What have you been doing before now?
Me: I work two jobs. As a bleep at bleep company and a part time job as a bleep at bleep.
VO: Who is paying for all this?
Me: My aunt
VO: What does she do?
Me: She works with bleep as a bleep
VO: started typing plenty plenty things for like 40seconds
Me: speaking silently in my mind “Lord grant me favour in the sight of this lady, I cannot be denied a visa”
VO: Congratulations, your visa will be ready in 3 working days. Hands me a white paper which indicates the DHL branch where I’m to pick up my visa. She also gave me a pamphlet inviting me for some sought of seminar with Education USA at the Consulate in July. She said the seminar is for all international students.

Thank God…!!! My three days fast and anointing oil finally paid off……Thank you Jesus

I also want to use this opportunity to thank the moderators of this group and everyone who in one way on the other has offered help and advice to novice like me. Everything I know about the immigration process, interview, application, etc I learnt on this group and I am grateful to this family for all that they do. May God bless you all
Wen u wer looking for help... Did anyone respond bla bla bla to you here ..... Pls edit ur transcript... Karma is real..

Congrats NY ways

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.